Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (984787 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 10:06am On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

This is the Plane Patches claims would be shot down by a Gripen.

Welcome to the crazy South-African world of Patrick AKA Paul AKA Patches.

I have provided the source of how

Thailand agrees

But you want to tell me I am wrong because of a pretty picture? You know more than the Air marshals and analysis of Thailand? Than SAAB who designed it to fight the Su30?

Go back to masturbating over your crashed Junk Fighter. You are a child, comparing things by how they look.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

Not even SAAB marketers are as deluded as Patches. This infographic puts to rest the delusional claim of Patches. The Gripen C/D is only as good as an F-16 C/D, that is an F-16 Block 40 aircraft.

There is no way a Gripen C/D is anywhere as good as this F-16 Block 52, they are not even in the same class. It is impossible, infact should be jailable for anyone to mention a Gripen C/D in the same sentence as an F-16 Block 52.

Look at the glorious plane.... Beauty and class.

Ok, you keep saying this

I keep asking you to prove it.

You never can

Pathetic, words of an insecure man.

We all know why you are so obsessed with the F16 blk 40.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 10:11am On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

Not just good, but brilliant. We the JF-17 we are getting more than value for money, we are getting a brilliant asset that would adequately fulfill our requirements and beyond. Significantly better plane than what the SAAF paid $65 million for.

The marriage would be made in Fighter Jet heaven if the NAF combines the JF-17 with an Aselpod targeting pod.

Lol

It's better because a forum post says so?

We compared the two

Gripen is:

-faster
-more maneuverable
-carrys a bigger payload
-has more hard points
-has more powerful radar
-has more capable electronics etc etc etc

Fact is, you say Gripen is over priced. Yet people keep buying it. Thus; it is not over priced. Over 89 Gripen have been sold.

Fact is your cheap junk fighter has been flying for 13 years and they have sold only.... 20.

What is happened is that Nigeria could not afford a proper fighter, so they got a cheap Chinese copy, and even then you could only afford 3 grin

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 10:42am On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

Lol

We compared the two

Gripen is:

-faster
-more maneuverable
-carrys a bigger payload
-has more hard points
-has more powerful radar

Fact is, you say Gripen is over priced. Yet people keep buying it. Thus; it is not over priced. Over 89 Gripen have been sold.

Fact is your cheap junk fighter has been flying for 13 years and they have sold only.... 20.

What is happened is that Nigeria could not afford a proper fighter, so they got a cheap Chinese copy, and even then you could only afford 3 grin
Gripen doesn't even operate an AESA radar so how do you define powerful? Because you can launch at more tan 5 targets at a time? In a real combat situation, You wouldn't want to do that.
That's the only difference. If you were comparing to PESA or AESA, I would have agreed but not with a pulse Doppler radar.

Maneuverability: Maneuverability doesn't win a fight always.
Who wants to do a cobra maneuver in a real life combat situation? All conventional maneuvers can be performed by the JF-17 so I see no big deal with this maneuverability issue.

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

Holy fvck can you be any more delusional?

You can't even prove its as good as a Gripen, desperately relying on posts from other forums to make your case

Now you compare it to the Rafael/Eurofighter?

Sad!

PS: Malaysia announced they would not be considering the JF17 for their new fighter, Gripen lasted longer in the trails

What aircrafts are participating in the Malaysian trials? Any link/source you can post?

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

I have provided the source of how

Thailand agrees

But you want to tell me I am wrong because of a pretty picture? You know more than the Air marshals and analysis of Thailand? Than SAAB who designed it to fight the Su30?

Go back to masturbating over your crashed Junk Fighter. You are a child, comparing things by how they look.

You are plain delusional boy. Gripen C/D taking on an SU-30mki is taking your lunacy to a whole new level, even by your standards.

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

Ok, you keep saying this

I keep asking you to prove it.

You never can

Pathetic, words of an insecure man.

We all know why you are so obsessed with the F16 blk 40.

According to SAAB, we all saw their infographic. The Gripen C/D is in the same class as an F-16 Block 40. Don't hate me, hate SAAB for telling you the plain truth.

Go argue with SAAB.... Dufus!

4 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

Lol

We compared the two

Gripen is:

-faster
-more maneuverable
-carrys a bigger payload
-has more hard points
-has more powerful radar

The JF-17 radar is 105km, Gripen radar is 120km. A 15km difference is nothing when you take into account those jets are cruising at 1,900km an hour. You dumb ass.

The Gripen doesn't have better electronics than the JF-17. Neither is it more maneuverable.

The Gripen has one extra hardpoint over the JF-17...... Wow!! "Such a success".

Fact is RSA paid $65 million for a JF-17. It is so hilarious yet so sad.

Nigeria's contract would be announced this November, 3 planes budgeted for in this years budget only represents a start-up haul. Common sense seems to always elude you.

Every Nigerian you ask is extremely satisfied with the JF-17, we are getting an advanced state-of-the-art, multi-role, day and night combat fighter which suits our requirements for a strike and air defence role. A reasonably priced light combat aircraft which would form the back-bone of our glorious air force.

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2016
tdayof:

Gripen doesn't even operate an AESA radar so how do you define powerful? Because you can launch at more tan 5 targets at a time? In a real combat situation, You wouldn't want to do that.
That's the only difference. If you were comparing to PESA or AESA, I would have agreed but not with a pulse Doppler radar.

Maneuverability: Maneuverability doesn't win a fight always.
Who wants to do a cobra maneuver in a real life combat situation? All conventional maneuvers can be performed by the JF-17 so I see no big deal with this maneuverability issue.

AESA upgrade is available

Yes, in combat when I light up my targetting radar and tell everyone (who does not already know) that I am there I want to hit as many targets as possible as quickly as possible

Maneuverable means you are more likely to evade legacy SAMs... But yes, the Adarter just made maneuverable obsolete
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 11:32am On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

The JF-17 radar is 105km, Gripen radar is 120km. A 15km difference is nothing when you take into account those jets are cruising at 1,900km an hour. You dumb ass.

The Gripen doesn't have better electronics than the JF-17. Neither is it more maneuverable.

The Gripen has one extra hardpoint over the JF-17...... Wow!! "Such a success".

Fact is RSA paid $65 million for a JF-17. It is so hilarious yet so sad.

Nigeria's contract would be announced this November, 3 planes budgeted for in this years budget only represents a start-up haul. Common sense seems to always elude you.

It does make a difference because it means I am more likely to detect you first, it gives me options. It is better

We outlined the Gripens electronics they are better

Gripen has better wing loading, it is more maneuverable

Gripen has a higher g-raying (9 v cool

Gripen has a more powerfull engine (54kN v 50kN)

One extra hard point And the ability to carry an extra 1500kgs of weapons

Gripen is also faster (Mach 2 v Mach 1.6)

So how is a jet that is inferior in every way the same as a Gripen? How?

Jf17 has been around for 13 years, its as good as a Gripen... Yet where are the sales? SAAB has sold over 80 Gripen... Only 20 JF-17 sold. Why?

Nigeria has only purchased 3. Facts seem to allude you.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

You keep repeating the same fart over and over.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2016
Russia's Advanced Spy Plane

Russia’s Tu-214R reconnaissance
aircraft fitted with cutting-edge optical
and electronic equipment and radar
systems has successfully fulfilled all of
its tasks in the Syrian sky, according to
Russia’s Defense Ministry.
Tupolev Tu-214R © Photo: Wikipedia/
Rimma Sadykova Eyes in the Sky:

Advanced Russian Spy Plane Conducts
Test Flight “Russia’s Defense Ministry
has completed a report on the results
of the Tu-214R operations in Syria,”
Russia’s newspaper Izvestiya quotes
one of the ministry officials, familiar
with the situation, as saying on
Thursday. “The aircraft has performed
to its best abilites. All the tasks set by
the military commanders have been
completely fulfilled, the equipment
worked without any malfunctions.
Upon the results of its operations, the
aircraft has been recognized as fully
mission capable,” the newspaper
quotes the official as saying. The major
achievement, according to the
newspaper’s source, is that for the first
time the spy plane was operating not
from its home base in the eastern-
central Russian city of Kazan, but from
Russia’s Hmeymim air base in Syria.
“The aircraft on-board equipment and
its reconnaissance systems require
careful maintenance by experts and
special infrastructure. And if in Kazan
everything necessary is always at hand,
in Hmeymim the plane was serviced
and maintained by the crew and the
experts of the airbase. And there were
no malfunctions,” an expert in radio-
electronic systems who participated in
maintenance works told the
newspaper.

Upon completion of its
operation in Syria the leadership of the
aircraft developer, Tupolev Public Joint
Stock Company, filed a request with the
leadership of Kazan Aviation Plant,
Radio-Engineering Corporation Vega
and a number of other enterprises who
have been servicing the aircraft in
Syria, to reward the employees who
have been working in Syria. Tu-214R is
a joint project between the Tupolev
Public Joint Stock Company, Radio-
Engineering Corporation Vega and a
number of other enterprises of the
United Instrument Manufacturing
Corporation, the Roscosmos State
Corporation and the Almaz-Antey
defense company. The Russian Tu-214R
is a state-of-the art plane based on the
Tu-214 commercial transport aircraft
which was modified under the
codename 'Project 141' to replace the
Ilyushin IL20M ELINT. The aircraft are
configured to carry the MRC-411 multi-
intelligence payload, to include
electronic intelligence (ELINT) sensors,
side-looking Synthetic Aperture Radar
(SAR) and other Signals Intelligence
(SIGINT) and Communications
Intelligence (COMINT).

The antennae of
the Tu-214R can intercept the signals
emitted by enemy systems (radars,
aircraft, radios, combat vehicles,
mobile phones etc) to build an EOB
(Electronic Order of Battle) of the
enemy forces: where the enemy forces
are operating, what kind of equipment
they are using and, by eavesdropping
into their radio/phone
communications, what they are doing
and what will be their next move.
Hmeimim airbase in Syria © Sputnik/
Ramil Sitdikov After Pullout: What
Could Force Russian Aircraft to Come
Back to Hmeymim Airbase in Syria
These radars, included in the MRK-411
multi-frequency radio engineering
system, are the eyes and ears of the
aircraft: Operators receive information
in active and passive (without revealing
their location) modes and can intercept
the enemy's radio communications.
The main feature of the Tu-214R's
radars is ground-penetrating radar
(GPR) scanning. In other words, the
aircraft can see through the ground.
Any objects hidden under the ground,
covered with snow or sand, or
disguised by trees, will be detected by
the Tu-214R.

It will take a radar
snapshot and immediately transmit the
information to the command post. The
radio engineering system is
complemented by the Fraktsiya electro-
optical imaging system, used by the
Tu-214R's crew to receive real-time,
high-precision images of the terrain in
the visible and infrared ranges. ...

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

AESA upgrade is available

Yes, in combat when I light up my targetting radar and tell everyone (who does not already know) that I am there I want to hit as many targets as possible as quickly as possible

Maneuverable means you are more likely to evade legacy SAMs... But yes, the Adarter just made maneuverable obsolete

Upgrade can be done on the JF17. Changing a radar system of an aircraft is not a big deal.
klj-7 can manage up to 40 targets, monitor up to 10 of them in track-while-scan (TWS) mode and simultaneously fire on "I think" four BVR targets. I got enough target painted already so no big deal.

I found this on SAAB website.

General: Pulse Doppler, X band radar, monopulse
Sub-units: 4 Rack mounted units + antenna unit and waveguide parts
Weight: 150 kg
Antenna (ANT): 60 cm, Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) dipoles
Power Amplifier Unit (PAU). Transmitter: Travelling-Wave Tube (TWT), liquid cooled, peak power >10 kW
Transmitter AuxilliaryAuxiliary Unit (TAU)
High-FrequencyExciter Receiver Unit (EXRHFU): Narrowband and wideband receivers, digital pulse compression, state-of-the-art spectral purity and noise figures
Signal and data processorRadar Processing Unit (RPUSDP): Saab airborne Modular Avionic Computer System (MACS) computer system and parallel COTS based multiprocessor cluster, solid state discs for recording
Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 250 400 hours in airborne operation

No extra big deal. Just a normal radar designed to do what it needs to do and not something extra.

ADarter is obviously a good missile but you make things look like it's a miracle. Maneuverability is useless against most Missiles already so it's not a new thing.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

It does make a difference because it means I am more likely to detect you first, it gives me options. It is better

Jf17 has been around for 13 years, its as good as a Gripen... Yet where are the sales? SAAB has sold over 80 Gripen... Only 20 JF-17 sold. Why?

The way you argue is what makes me laugh. Wing loading, speed, engine etc. Argue with facts not numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

You keep repeating the same fart over and over.

Is it true or false?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
tdayof:

The way you argue is what makes me laugh. Wing loading, speed, engine etc. Argue with facts not numbers.

Been posted

I'm not going to repost them over and over and over

Half of the figures are provided in any case
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

calm down bro ,

JF-17 does not need to match every specs of Gripen.it never meant to be.but 80% matching is possible

current version may not match
but rader or engine are upgradeable,it just cost money to upgrade,if a country has no big threat current version is cost-saving and enough.

and also, an air defence system,not just combined of fighters alone, but also ground rader, AW&C, SAM,ect. even if the fighters rader is a little inferior,it can get support from them. defence buget can to be spent to buy more necessary equipment.
JF-17 serves mainly as a defensive role.

pakistan got more than 50 units in one bunch.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

Is it true or false?
Offcourse the Gripen is not better than the JF-17 all things considered.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
Navy Conducts Longest Range AAW Intercept from USS Princeton

During the Naval Integrated Fire Control - Counter Air (NIFC-CA) test, USS Princeton (CG 59), equipped with the latest Aegis Baseline 9, successfully processed data from a remote airborne sensor to engage and destroy an over-the-horizon threat representative target using Standard Missile-6 (SM-6).

This is not the first time that SM-6 has shattered its own distance record. The missile broke the previous long-range intercept record in January of this year onboard USS John Paul Jones at Pacific Missile Range Facility, a milestone it originally set in June of 2014.

This NIFC-CA test was the tenth consecutive successful live-fire test to demonstrate an over-the- horizon, engage-on-remote capability. This particular test also successfully validated the NIFC-CA from the sea kill chain concept.

The success of this test was due to the collaborative efforts of the Navy Point Mugu Test Center, Naval Integrated Fire Control - Counter Air and Aegis Weapon System program offices and multiple industry partners.

"NIFC-CA is a game changer for the U.S. Navy that extends the engagement range we can detect, analyze and intercept targets at sea," said Rear Adm. Jon Hill, the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS). "This test is a significant accomplishment, one that will shape the future of surface warfare."

NIFC-CA From The Sea is a program of record which uses four pillar programs to act as a kill chain for the surface fleet: Aegis Baseline 9.0, Cooperative Engagement Capability, E2D Hawkeye and SM-6.

"We are looking at every ship as a potential offensive weapons platform in an effort to gain and maintain sea control," said Vice Adm. Tom Rowden, commander, Naval Surface Forces.
"Neutralizing enemy cruise missiles at range, as demonstrated in this test, is one of the dramatic leaps forward the Surface Force is making to implement the concept of Distributed Lethality and extending the offensive battlespace."

SM-6 provides U.S. Navy ships with extended-range protection against fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles and anti-ship cruise missiles and ballistic missiles in the terminal phase of flight. The active radar and extended range of the SM-6 allow it to track and destroy over the horizon targets which are out of sight of operators on deck.

Aegis Baseline 9 delivers a fully open architecture system on U.S. cruisers and destroyers and is the basis for current and future Aegis Integrated Air and Missile Defense. Baseline 9 is being fielded on in-service destroyers, new construction destroyers and Aegis Ashore. The Aegis Common Source Library-enabled derivatives are on Freedom-variant littoral combat ships and will be included on the upcoming frigate ship.

PEO IWS is an affiliated Program Executive Office of the Naval Sea Systems Command. IWS is responsible for spearheading surface ship and submarine combat technologies and systems, and for implementing Navy enterprise solutions across ship platforms.

During the Naval Integrated Fire Control - Counter Air (NIFC-CA) test, USS Princeton (CG 59), equipped with the latest Aegis Baseline 9, successfully processed data from a remote airborne sensor to engage and destroy an over-the-horizon threat representative target using Standard Missile-6 (SM-6).

This is not the first time that SM-6 has shattered its own distance record. The missile broke the previous long-range intercept record in January of this year onboard USS John Paul Jones at Pacific Missile Range Facility, a milestone it originally set in June of 2014.

This NIFC-CA test was the tenth consecutive successful live-fire test to demonstrate an over-the- horizon, engage-on-remote capability. This particular test also successfully validated the NIFC-CA from the sea kill chain concept.

The success of this test was due to the collaborative efforts of the Navy Point Mugu Test Center, Naval Integrated Fire Control - Counter Air and Aegis Weapon System program offices and multiple industry partners.

"NIFC-CA is a game changer for the U.S. Navy that extends the engagement range we can detect, analyze and intercept targets at sea," said Rear Adm. Jon Hill, the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS). "This test is a significant accomplishment, one that will shape the future of surface warfare."

NIFC-CA From The Sea is a program of record which uses four pillar programs to act as a kill chain for the surface fleet: Aegis Baseline 9.0, Cooperative Engagement Capability, E2D Hawkeye and SM-6.

"We are looking at every ship as a potential offensive weapons platform in an effort to gain and maintain sea control," said Vice Adm. Tom Rowden, commander, Naval Surface Forces.
"Neutralizing enemy cruise missiles at range, as demonstrated in this test, is one of the dramatic leaps forward the Surface Force is making to implement the concept of Distributed Lethality and extending the offensive battlespace."

SM-6 provides U.S. Navy ships with extended-range protection against fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles and anti-ship cruise missiles and ballistic missiles in the terminal phase of flight. The active radar and extended range of the SM-6 allow it to track and destroy over the horizon targets which are out of sight of operators on deck.

Aegis Baseline 9 delivers a fully open architecture system on U.S. cruisers and destroyers and is the basis for current and future Aegis Integrated Air and Missile Defense. Baseline 9 is being fielded on in-service destroyers, new construction destroyers and Aegis Ashore. The Aegis Common Source Library-enabled derivatives are on Freedom-variant littoral combat ships and will be included on the upcoming frigate ship.

PEO IWS is an affiliated Program Executive Office of the Naval Sea Systems Command. IWS is responsible for spearheading surface ship and submarine combat technologies and systems, and for implementing Navy enterprise solutions across ship platforms.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

Offcourse the Gripen is not better than the JF-17 all things considered.

Answer the question:

You have only bought 3

True or false?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

You have only bought 3

True or false?

A contract hasn't been announced yet Dufus. We'll have to wait till November at the IDEAS exhibition.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

A contract hasn't been announced yet Dufus. We'll have to wait till November at the IDEAS exhibition.

I dont deal with if or maybe. I deal in facts.

Answer the question:

As of this moment how many JF-17 Thunder Jets has Nigeria purchased?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

Nigeria has purchased none.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

Nigeria has purchased none.

Just like you only purchased a hand full of F7s the same will apply to the J17

You are a poor nation and buy cheap things
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

Ok, anything else?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

Ok, anything else?

I'm not the one trying to say the JF17 is as good as a Gripen
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

I'm not the one trying to say the JF17 is as good as a Gripen

Good to see your acute lunacy has being satisfied. I'm glad i helped.

Although, i got laughing at the part you described Nigeria as a poor country. I found it to be hilarious. Seeing that the South-African government had to depend on massive loans to purchase your equipment. .....And here we are with an SAAF which cannot afford aviation fuel.

I couldn't stop laughing.

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
On the Gripen,

- We all found out from SAAB that the Gripen C/D can only be compared to an F-16 C/D, that is an F-16 Block-40 aircraft.

- We also understand given all factors, the JF-17 is a better aircraft than the Gripen. The differences between the jets, the JF-17 and Gripen are so minimal, they are virtually non-existent. With each aircraft canceling out the capabilities of the other.

- with price been the deciding factor. The JF-17 costing between 25 - 30 million a unit and the Gripen costing $65 million a buck for same capabilities, the JF-17 definitely brings in the bang for the buck.

Butthurt South-Africans(Patchesagain) can only wail, but the facts don't lie.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

grin grin ....coming from a country that cant afford to have pilots

young man...I'll tell you something for free..you are a dunce

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

I dont deal with if or maybe. I deal in facts.
Answer the question:
answer this
how many gripen jets can SA afford to put in d air and arm
prodigal dunce grin

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
bidexiii:
Navy Conducts Longest Range AAW Intercept from USS Princeton

Go Aegis lol

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

[s]You are a poor nation and buy cheap things[/s]

Dumb Post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.