Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,551 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (988391 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
One inducted another on order

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
Engine replacement of future

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ind... Light field gun LFG 105mm with hybrid recoil technology

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2018
Russian nuclear powered cruise missile and armed with nuclear warhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okS76WHh6FI

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2018
Russian nuclear powered UUV armed with nuclear warhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_7hWSv689Q

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2018
nemesis8u:
Russian nuclear powered cruise missile and armed with nuclear warhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okS76WHh6FI
How does nuclear missile propulsion work?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 20, 2018
lionel4power:
How does nuclear missile propulsion work?

Basically image a miniature reactor which has a suitable nuclear fuel packed into a sub critical mass along with the requisite control rods , u remove the rods to start the reactor.

The thermal energy now being generated can be used to heat up the air much like in a jet engine to create thrust.

Unlike a jet engine here u need to use a heat exchanger which will draw heat from the reactor and heat up the incoming mass of air inside a chamber to very high temperatures which will expand and propel the missile forward.

This is the basic idea.

It is kind of complicated when u go into details whether it is a close looped system or a open looped system or the type of reactor being used , different reactors different way to get the propulsion work etc

It is basically a doomsday device

Also I wonder how they took care of radiation leakage, if it is a open loop system there will be radiation spillage when the reactor comes online due to necessasity of direct contact of the working medium (air) with the nuclear element. Basically it will be leaking radiation of varying degrees along it flight path.

If it is a closed loop system then it mandates the development of high efficiency supercritical CO2 brayton thermal conversion type systems. it will not leak radiation. But such systems r still to be developed , not sure though.

Anyways I don't have a freaking idea about all these just assuming
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
K
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
nemesis8u:

Basically image a miniature reactor which has a suitable nuclear fuel packed into a sub critical mass along with the requisite control rods , u remove the rods to start the reactor.

The thermal energy now being generated can be used to heat up the air much like in a jet engine to create thrust.

Unlike a jet engine here u need to use a heat exchanger which will draw heat from the reactor and heat up the incoming mass of air inside a chamber to very high temperatures which will expand and propel the missile forward.

This is the basic idea.

It is kind of complicated when u go into details whether it is a close looped system or a open looped system or the type of reactor being used , different reactors different way to get the propulsion work etc

It is basically a doomsday device

Also I wonder how they took care of radiation leakage, if it is a open loop system there will be radiation spillage when the reactor comes online due to necessasity of direct contact of the working medium (air) with the nuclear element. Basically it will be leaking radiation of varying degrees along it flight path.

If it is a closed loop system then it mandates the development of high efficiency supercritical CO2 brayton thermal conversion type systems. it will not leak radiation. But such systems r still to be developed , not sure though.

Anyways I don't have a freaking idea about all these just assuming

Okay. I understand now.

But won't it require a compressor to Kickstart the process? Similar to an S-RAM combustion engine.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2018
Rosgvardiya National Guard for the first time "fighting"abroad, or just better equiped 'SOF'of MilitaryPolice?

In depth investigation of NG 'presence' in Syria(Equipment, vehicles in their use(only) identified in Syria) .

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
kikuyu1:
Nemesis8u,whatever happened to the Sitara? Meant to be a 2 engine LIFT and ground attacker with a very good 9.5 T external payload capacity,it flew some 5 yrs back,IIRC. If this project was killed after successful prototypes were built those involved deserve the rope-I'm not joking!

Most probably shelved

IAF is not interested in duplicating trainers since the hawks were bought

Also the morons were struggling with induced spin recovery. Spin recovery is a important criteria in trainer aircrafts.

I would have written some more points but what's the point when the country is full of morons

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
lionel4power:

Okay. I understand now.

But won't it require a compressor to Kickstart the process? Similar to an S-RAM combustion engine.

Compressor requirement will be dictated by the operational speed of the missile and other things

Speed of the missile is subsonic u will need a compressor

Speed is supersonic or higher u don't require a compressor.

U don't need a compressor to kick start the nuclear propulsion

What u need is the desired air flow rate inside the combustion chamber housing the heat exchanger which is dependent on the speed and design on the missile.

This can be done with compressor if u don't have the desired speed and the compressor is not required if u have the desired speed. Therefore booster rockets is used to propel the article to the required high speed where the nuclear reactor is switched on and the propulsion becomes self sustaining due to availablity of the desired air mass flow.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
nemesis8u:

Compressor requirement will be dictated by the operational speed of the missile and other things

Speed of the missile is subsonic u will need a compressor

Speed is supersonic or higher u don't require a compressor.

U don't need a compressor to kick start the nuclear propulsion

What u need is the desired air flow rate inside the combustion chamber housing the heat exchanger which is dependent on the speed and design on the missile.

This can be done with compressor if u don't have the desired speed and the compressor is not required if u have the desired speed. Therefore booster rockets is used to propel the article to the required high speed where the nuclear reactor is switched on and the propulsion becomes self sustaining due to availablity of the desired air mass flow.

How feasible do you think it is as compared to electric propulsion?

I'm of the opinion that electric propulsion if well researched could be the future of travel. Both in outer space and aeronautics.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
lionel4power:

How feasible do you think it is as compared to electric propulsion?

I'm of the opinion that electric propulsion if well researched could be the future of travel. Both in outer space and aeronautics.

Electric propulsion ?

So tell me what sources of energy is going to provide electric propulsion ? grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
nemesis8u:

Electric propulsion ?

So tell me what sources of energy is going to provide electric propulsion ? grin

In outer space, solar energy....

In within earth, miniaturized nuclear batteries.

This type of battery was developed by Baek Kim and Jae Kwon at the University of Missouri, uses the betavoltaic process to generate electricity. A betavoltaic device, as the name implies, is fairly similar a photovoltaic device — but instead of generating electricity from photons, it generates electricity from beta radiation — i.e. high-energy electrons that are emitted by radioactive elements. A betavoltaic device is constructed in almost exactly the same way as a photovoltaic cell: a piece of silicon (or other semiconductor) is wedged between two electrodes, and when radiation hits the semiconductor it produces a flow of electrons (voltage, electricity).

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/190555-this-nuclear-battery-could-power-your-smartphone-forever-as-long-as-you-dont-value-your-life-or-sperm-count-too-highly

Like i said before. .. Further research into this area could yield results.

Another possibility is laser beamed-energy propulsion system which should provide a means for inter-galactic space voyage.

This are highly advanced technologies which would take decades to design and perfect. But i see great potential in them

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
lionel4power:

This type of battery was developed by Baek Kim and Jae Kwon at the University of Missouri, uses the betavoltaic process to generate electricity. A betavoltaic device, as the name implies, is fairly similar a photovoltaic device — but instead of generating electricity from photons, it generates electricity from beta radiation — i.e. high-energy electrons that are emitted by radioactive elements. A betavoltaic device is constructed in almost exactly the same way as a photovoltaic cell: a piece of silicon (or other semiconductor) is wedged between two electrodes, and when radiation hits the semiconductor it produces a flow of electrons (voltage, electricity).

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/190555-this-nuclear-battery-could-power-your-smartphone-forever-as-long-as-you-dont-value-your-life-or-sperm-count-too-highly

Another possibility is laser beamed-energy propulsion system which should provide a means for inter-galactic space voyage.

This are highly advanced technologies which would take decades to design and perfect. But i see great potential in them
this will take decades to mature
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
lionel4power:

See u urself gave the answer
Better than I could have done smiley

I have very little knowledge in these fields

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
nemesis8u:

Most probably shelved

IAF is not interested in duplicating trainers since the hawks were bought

Also the morons were struggling with induced spin recovery. Spin recovery is a important criteria in trainer aircrafts.

I would have written some more points but what's the point when the country is full of morons

Tell us how the spin recovery ended up and at least a broad picture of the bolded above. Is this is a finished product for which one can buy the production rights?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
kikuyu1:

Tell us how the spin recovery ended up and at least a broad picture of the bolded above. Is this is a finished product for which one can buy the production rights?

Not well IMO becz no info on the tests which was scheduled to happen long time ago.

No, it is not even a pre-production model.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
LUH

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
Combat hawk

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
2nd MRIS ship

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Tactical level airship grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
Astra

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
K
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
nemesis8u:
Combat hawk
what will be the primary role of a hawk like this, still jet trainer ?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

what will be the primary role of a hawk like this, still jet trainer ?

Primary Trainer secondary CAS
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
nemesis8u:

Primary Trainer secondary CAS
So is the mid air refueling probe for training or CAS aircrafts need those as well ?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

So is the mid air refueling probe for training or CAS aircrafts need those as well ?

Primarily for range increase with adequate combat payload.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SternProphet: 3:43am On Jul 22, 2018
Hawk 200+ (Combat Hawk)apparently has radar and lots of modern attack features. So quite better than Alpha Jet. UK or India won't mind selling as a replacement for Alpha Jets . The Super Tucano does not quite replace Alpha Jets. Which is something fast that can be used in-country for sir to air and air to ground operations.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:03am On Jul 22, 2018
SternProphet:
Hawk 200+ (Combat Hawk)apparently has radar and lots of modern attack features. So quite better than Alpha Jet. UK or India won't mind selling as a replacement for Alpha Jets . The Super Tucano does not quite replace Alpha Jets. Which is something fast that can be used in-country for sir to air and air to ground operations.
This is a topic that doesn’t get much attention on the thread, we need to replace the Alpha jets !
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 11:18am On Jul 22, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

This is a topic that doesn’t get much attention on the thread, we need to replace the Alpha jets !
right now, the Alphas are seen as COIN workhorse. Imo the eyes if the brass are concerned with replacement of the COIN aspect of the Alphas & not the other capabilities

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.