Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (70127 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
promise10:

Such false doctrine emanates from wrong understanding and interpretation of the bible.

Imagine, a pastor who killed his church members by laying a speaker on her. That's false doctrines, which you can never find in the bible. And in no way does it threaten the credibility of the gospel. Only insincere fools think it does!

No matter how a message is read, misunderstood and misinterpreted, it doesn't make it a lie.
And you have the real interpretation right?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Placebo is not effective because the ailment always comes back or like sometimes to serve as a relief .
Huh? undecided, pls go and do a more extensive research.

KingEbukasBlog:

If placebo were effective , scientists would have considered it . It does not even work for everyone . Placebo does not even work on disabilities which were present ab incunabulis .The placebo effect as your explanation is rather weak .

The science behind the placebo is still inconclusive. You can search for the top unanswered questions in science; placebo is one of them(@ the forefront)

KingEbukasBlog:

And err , apparently your conclusion that God does not intervene is rather conjectural .

Your opinion. undecided

KingEbukasBlog:

Anyways lets continue

Do you think your god would intervene if there are ominous signs of a threat that could obliterate mankind . Eg asteroids , epidemic etc .
Don't know.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
4kings:

Huh? undecided, pls go and do a more extensive research.

Done that ... I think it was 2014 or so. Dalaman told me about it and that was when I knew what it was . Some use it to palliate symptoms of diseases

The science behind the placebo is still inconclusive. You can search for the top unanswered questions in science; placebo is one of them(@ the forefront)

Evidence of design

Your opinion. undecided

Well your responses show that you believe by faith that your god is not an interventionist .

Don't know.

Why did you abandon Christianity for a proposition that is rather tentative on the abilities of the Supreme Creator?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
kingebukasblog.. Can u explain matt 26:43-45 to me? The writer wrote what jesus said when ''he''#the writer was asleep.. M nt tryna mock or smtin.. Ur response wud be highly respected...
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
raphieMontella:
kingebukasblog..
Can u explain matt 26:43-45 to me?
The writer wrote what jesus said when ''he''#the writer was asleep..
M nt tryna mock or smtin..
Ur response wud be highly respected...

Jesus must have told them na though the bible did not say or we know the Holy Spirit inspired the authors of the bible so it is very possible the Holy Spirit informed the author .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Done that ... I think it was 2014 or so. Dalaman told me about it and that was when I knew what it was . Some use it to palliate symptoms of diseases
Gosh.
Abeg go online and check on it again, but this time with serious issues like blindness, nausea, cancer, ...
For godsake it is one of the major subject science is still trying to figure out.

KingEbukasBlog:

Evidence of design
Nah, evidence that we need to do more research

KingEbukasBlog:

Well your responses show that you believe by faith that your god is not an interventionist .
Nope, reason, reason, reason(*10000000)
Hw many times do I have to tell u this.

KingEbukasBlog:

Why did you abandon Christianity for a proposition that is rather tentative on the abilities of the Supreme Creator?
I know for sure(based on reason), that Christianity and other religious ideologies are based on falsehood, confusion and cannot stand logical arguments.
My stand on deism, is based on reason(which is of course limited)
I'm a free thinker and will accept any other idea only when I've subjected it to a very intense scrutiny and then find it to be correct.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Jesus must have told them na though the bible did not say or we know the Holy Spirit inspired the authors of the bible so it is very possible the Holy Spirit informed the author .

k..(Y)
i fit bring more?...(im not gonna bring the ones bout flat earth evil etc)
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
raphieMontella:

k..(Y)
i fit bring more?...(im not gonna bring the ones bout flat earth evil etc)

Bro , the thread is on discussion on any topic or subject in Christianity . So you can bring it up ,let's discuss not argue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro , the thread is on discussion on any topic or subject in Christianity . So you can bring it up ,let's discuss not argue
According to the Bible:
The Holy spirit guides, comforts & teaches christians, he also give healing.
Jesus is the 'only' mediator between God and Man.

So, do angels have any business here on earth?, or is it just an old testament thing?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I guess that would be a suitable description. I prefer 'Transitioning Christian though'.

Wandering child, come home on time jare. Jesus loves you and so do we.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
Image123:

Wandering child, come home on time jare. Jesus loves you and so do we.
Lol. I dey come. I fit even become pastor self.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
4kings:

Gosh.
Abeg go online and check on it again, but this time with serious issues like blindness, nausea, cancer, ...
For godsake it is one of the major subject science is still trying to figure out.
Nah, evidence that we need to do more research

Alright alright . You don't have to be importunate about your request .

Nope, reason, reason, reason(*10000000)
Hw many times do I have to tell u this.

Lol . argumentum ad nauseam . Repetitions do not make it true

I know for sure(based on reason), that Christianity and other religious ideologies are based on falsehood, confusion and cannot stand logical arguments.
My stand on deism, is based on reason(which is of course limited)
I'm a free thinker and will accept any other idea only when I've subjected it to a very intense scrutiny and then find it to be correct.

Bro . Don't be delusional . tongue Most of your responses show that you still cling unto religious concepts to understand the Supreme Creator
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro . Don't be delusional . tongue Most of your responses show that you still cling unto religious concepts to understand the Supreme Creator
"reasonable concept", again emphasis on "reason".

Btw, waiting 4 response to my other question.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
4kings:

According to the Bible:
The Holy spirit guides, comforts & teaches christians, he also give healing.
Jesus is the 'only' mediator between God and Man.

So, do angels have any business here on earth?, or is it just an old testament thing?

In the New Testament , an angel was sent to inform Mary and Jacob about Jesus . There were people that had encounters with angels , we have Paul ,Peter , Cornelius , Philip etc .

I've heard testimonies of angels saving people from ritualists or when they are in a hopeless situation or offer help when they are on a precipice of danger .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
4kings:

"reasonable concept", again emphasis on "reason".

Lol . You think I dont believe in God because of reason Just negodu grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

In the New Testament , an angel was sent to inform Mary and Jacob about Jesus . There were people that had encounters with angels , we have Paul ,Peter , Cornelius , Philip etc .

I've heard testimonies of angels saving people from ritualists or when they are in a hopeless situation or offer help when they are on a precipice of danger .
Abeg, simply state their duties here on earth.
There cant be messengers, since the HS gives wisdom and only says what he has heard from Heaven (message) according to scriptures.
Mary, wisemen,.., are technically classified as old testament (dawn of grace), some christians also say that angels appearing during those early days (in relation to now), was to propel the infant gospel.

Moreso, those testimonies u mentioned; some xtians call it the work of d HS.

Now(dawn of grace), Faith comes by hearing the Word(romans 10:17), and deep understanding comes through the aid of d HS(1cor2:8-12), therefore angels are not responsible for bringing salvation(even wen u look at d case of Cornelius).

So simply state their duties and explian the ones that seems conflicting. Thanks.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . You think I dont believe in God because of reason Just negodu grin
I never implied that.
BTW, what reason do u have for believing in "YAHWEH".
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
4kings:

I never implied that.
BTW, what reason do u have for believing in "YAHWEH".

My personal life
Life
Intelligence behind Nature
Causality
Intelligence
Consciousness
Dexterity
Cognition
Emotion

My personal life should suffice though
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
4kings:

Abeg, simply state their duties here on earth.
There cant be messengers, since the HS gives wisdom and only says what he has heard from Heaven (message) according to scriptures.
Mary, wisemen,.., are technically classified as old testament (dawn of grace), some christians also say that angels appearing during those early days (in relation to now), was to propel the infant gospel.

Moreso, those testimonies u mentioned; some xtians call it the work of d HS.

Now(dawn of grace), Faith comes by hearing the Word(romans 10:17), and deep understanding comes through the aid of d HS(1cor2:8-12), therefore angels are not responsible for bringing salvation(even wen u look at d case of Cornelius).

So simply state their duties and explian the ones that seems conflicting. Thanks.

Wait first , let me understand your intentions - are you controverting their existence ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Wait first , let me understand your intentions - are you controverting their existence ?
Nope, not at all. (from d christian perspective though)
That was why i asked if it is an old testament thing.
because their known duties were "messages to men of God", but the Holyspirit does this now and others like "guidance". So i want to know what their duties now are(if any) and explain those that seems conflicting(if any).

Comprende?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

My personal life
Life
Intelligence behind Nature
Causality
Intelligence
Consciousness
Dexterity
Cognition
Emotion

My personal life should suffice though
Your other reasons suffices for the existence of a CREATOR.

But explain how ur personal life(experiences i suppose) account for the existence of "YAHWEH".
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
4kings:

Your other reasons suffices for the existence of a CREATOR.

But explain how ur personal life(experiences i suppose) account for the existence of "YAHWEH".

Yahweh is the creator . Your god does not intervene in human affairs , mine does
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
4kings:

Nope, not at all. (from d christian perspective though)
That was why i asked if it is an old testament thing.
because their known duties were "messages to men of God", but the Holyspirit does this now and others like "guidance". So i want to know what their duties now are(if any) and explain those that seems conflicting(if any).

Comprende?

I just told you that angels appear take human forms to save people from danger . How does that relate to the work of the Holy Spirit ? Guidance means exhorting you not to err , teaching you the word of God etc .

Angels also appear in visions . Some think its God while it was an angel .

Also , angels will fight at the Armageddon - that's God's prescience already letting us know
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Yahweh is the creator . Your god does not intervene in human affairs , mine does
How?
(Explain "only" from personal experiences)
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by hahn(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I just told you that angels appear take human forms to save people from danger . How does that relate to the work of the Holy Spirit ? Guidance means exhorting you not to err , teaching you the word of God etc .

Also , angels will fight at the Armageddon - that's God's prescience already letting us know

What will angels use to fight? Swords? Against nuclear bombs? undecided

Nigu, get real. You should like a kid in kindergarten tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ok, their duties is to guide people from dangers and appear in visions.

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
hahn:

What will angels use to fight? Swords? Against nuclear bombs? undecided

Nigu, get real. You should like a kid in kindergarten tongue grin

You mean modern material warfare can contend with supernatural beings and their supreme creator ?

You are a grown man in pre-nursery tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
4kings:

Ok, their duties is to guide people from dangers and appear in visions.

Angels worship Him too and are still messengers of God . Do you see a possibility of your god creating other beings in his realm ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by hahn(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You mean modern material warfare can contend with supernatural beings and their supreme creator ?

Only in your mind wink
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Yet, Jacob wrestled with this "supernatural being".
SMH undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
4kings:

How?
(Explain "only" from personal experiences)

Its called personal experiences , very personal .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Angels worship Him too and are still messengers of God . Do you see a possibility of your god creating other beings in his realm ?
Probably, 'in his realm'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (39) (Reply)

2 Nuns Became Pregnant Working In Africa, Catholic Church Investigates / Prophet Odumeje And Prophet Onyeze Jesus Hang Out Together (Photos) / Olumba Olumba Obu Hands Over To Son, To Be Coronated As ‘King Of Kings‘

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.