Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (69745 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
JMAN05:

Don't you think you are attributing to God what He is not? How can God knowingly create Satan to cause all the problem we see today just so that we can know He has aforementioned qualities? It appears something is missing sir.

No no no bro that's not what I meant . I meant that assuming there was no fall by man maybe we won't know God possessed these qualities -its an opinion . So what do you think ?

But isn't that different from the parent knowing what the child will become but giving birth to it anyway?

Its pretty tough describing how God's prescience works

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
bollify:

The question was actually if he knew of Satan's betrayer before even creating him. And if he does, why create him then in the first place. Was it so humanity can suffer like we currently are? Was it to show off his power in the future through creating hell for Satan, his followers and the rest of his creations?

God has the ability to foreknow the future. however, He evidently didn't use this ability during creation nor is there any need for that, since He was creating free moral agents.

Since he has the ability to foretell future event, he must have been able to foretell that Adam and Eve will eat the fruit and still went ahead to not only create the fruit but placed it in the centre of the garden. Isn't that a deliberate action to make humanity suffer?

No, that someone has the ability to do something does not mean that He will ALWAYS use it. God can foretell, but nothing in the scriptures shows that God foretold the aberration of Adam and Eve.

Since you agree that he foresaw the future of man and still went ahead to create the fruit in the garden and at the reach of man. Also create the devil knowing he will tempt them to eat this fruit. Then that's God tempting man.

It is true that ur comment is directed to him, but I think he is missing something in his reply. God didn't foretell what Adam and Eve will eventually do regarding the fruit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by hopefulLandlord: 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It depends on how you look at it . If there was no fall of mankind or the devil , you won't know much about God . You won't know that God is merciful through Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection for the remission of sin , you won't know that God is all knowing through the foretelling of the birth of Christ , His death and resurrection and His second coming ; You won't know that God has the power to overcome evil through the judgement of Satan and the devil's final defeat , you won't know of His ability to create the physical from a spiritual realm etc . So its all to God's glory . Think about it .

I would, for your sake delete this post from my mind's eye and believe you didn't type it

Pls, don't let this happen again, for your sake

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No no no bro that's not what I meant . I meant that assuming there was no fall by man maybe we won't know God possessed these qualities -its an opinion . So what do you think?

OK. My take can be seen above.

Its pretty tough describing how God's prescience works

I agree there is really much to learn about Him .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I would, for your sake delete this post from my mind's eye and believe you didn't type it

Pls, don't let this happen again, for your sake

That's my opinion . I clearly said we were discussing here not pontificating . And stop dismissing someone's argument as not worthy of consideration or absurd cos its a logical fallacy- stop pooh-poohing my argument instead refute it . Everyone strives to to better .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What I mean by those events are real is that they actually happened ie a sick person actually becomes healed after an activity (prayer, proclamation, incantation etc) was performed. Not necessarily that an external force made it happen as a response to the activity.

Are you implicitly suggesting that its fallacious - cum hoc ergo propter hoc - to claim that answers to prayers are not caused by praying at that particular moment .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
JMAN05:

OK. My take can be seen above.

Its good . But I want you to see this

https://www.nairaland.com/3064045/does-god-think#44958235

My response to the question "Does God think " - so I tried explaining that since God has foreknowledge of events , He just needs to act out his forethoughts when the time comes .

God already knows what will happen in the future and since he is above and outside of the sphere of time , he sees all of eternity’s past and eternity’s future.

What do you think ?

I agree there is really much to learn about Him .

Yeah
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its good . But I want you to see this

https://www.nairaland.com/3064045/does-god-think#44958235

My response to the question "Does God think " - so I tried explaining that since God has foreknowledge of events , He just needs to act out his forethoughts when the time comes .

God already knows what will happen in the future and since he is above and outside of the sphere of time , he sees all of eternity’s past and eternity’s future.

What do you think ?

Yeah

I have not check out the link. But I understand it to mean that God's omniscient is inherent rather than total (which I assume prescience represents). In other words, God has the ability to foreknow the future. This does not mean that He uses this ability always.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you implicitly suggesting that its fallacious - cum hoc ergo propter hoc - to claim that answers to prayers are not caused by praying at that particular moment .
While the prayer, chant or incantation might trigger or catalyse the healing. It does not mean that an external necessarily mean that an external force responded to the 'prayer' and carried out the healing. This I think is why those miracles are not always reproducible (Not readily produced on demand).

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by bollify(m): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2016
JMAN05:

God has the ability to foreknow the future. however, He evidently didn't use this ability during creation nor is there any need for that, since He was creating free moral agents.

No, that someone has the ability to do something does not mean that He will ALWAYS use it. God can foretell, but nothing in the scriptures shows that God foretold the aberration of Adam and Eve.

It is true that ur comment is directed to him, but I think he is missing something in his reply. God didn't foretell what Adam and Eve will eventually do regarding the fruit.

If I'm to understand you properly, God did not use his ability because he think his creations are perfect. However, the creation didn't turn out to be as perfect as he actually thought as can be seen in Satan and in Adam and Eve.

Please don't try to tell me they were perfect before they sinned because if they were, they would never have made mistakes as there is no mistake in perfection.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
While the prayer, chant or incantation might trigger or catalyse the healing. It does not mean that an external necessarily mean that an external force responded to the 'prayer' and carried out the healing. This I think is why those miracles are not always reproducible (Not readily produced on demand).

Which church do you attend ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 9:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Which church do you attend ?
It's not a popular one. Though it's fashioned after Winner's Chapel. I haven't attended in a long while though(last time Easter Sunday and before that December 31st).
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It's not a popular one. Though it's fashioned after Winner's Chapel. I haven't attended in a long while though(last time Easter Sunday and before that December 31st).

Have you ever shared a testimony in church before ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Have you ever shared a testimony in church before ?
Not really. Why?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
bollify:

If I'm to understand you properly, God did not use his ability because he think his creations are perfect. However, the creation didn't turn out to be as perfect as he actually thought as can be seen in Satan and in Adam and Eve.

Please don't try to tell me they were perfect before they sinned because if they were, they would never have made mistakes as there is no mistake in perfection.

God created them as free moral agents. God's intention is to create persons who will use their free will to serve/obey Him. As such, no need to keep probing whether they will turn out to serve Him or not. If He were to view their future, and eventually correcting any perceived future anormally, will He say He is creating those who will on their own serve Him? Or is He creating persons programmed to serve Him? Granted, God can create programmed individuals, but He chose not to create humans that way. There are other inanimate things He created to do as He wants, not humans.

Weather to obey Him or not is their's to make. He didnt foretell what their future will be.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Not really. Why?

I really wanted to know if you have witnessed God's benisons in your life .Or experienced something extraordinary that would indurate your faith and make it infrangible
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I really wanted to know if you have witnessed God's benisons in your life .Or experienced something extraordinary that would indurate your faith and make it infrangible
I haven't. The ones I thought I had now have rational explanations.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I haven't. The ones I thought I had now have rational explanations.

Rational explanations or what the atheists inveigled you to believe ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
JMAN05:

I have not check out the link. But I understand it to mean that God's omniscient is inherent rather than total (which I assume prescience represents). In other words, God has the ability to foreknow the future. This does not mean that He uses this ability always.

Why do you think God does not use that ability ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Rational explanations or what the atheists inveigled you to believe ?
Nope. Conclusions I arrived at myself. Now I think that apart from a personal epiphany (Paul to Damascus kind), I don't think I'd be able to ignore the 'irregularities' that abound in faith/religion.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Nope. Conclusions I arrived at myself. Now I think that apart from a personal epiphany (Paul to Damascus kind), I don't think I'd be able to ignore the 'irregularities' that abound in faith/religion.

So what are these "irregularities" ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So what are these "irregularities" ?
Are you serious? All the threads on Nairaland would be a good start.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:53pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are you serious? All the threads on Nairaland would be a good start.

I haven't seen any of those threads . We Christians have had disquisitions on probably every argument tabled by the atheists . Right now , there is nothing new . What atheists do now is to rehash old arguments - very vapid .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I haven't seen any of those threads . We Christians have had disquisitions on probably every argument tabled by the atheists . Right now , there is nothing new . What atheists do now is to rehash old arguments - very vapid .
Except that you are usually on the losing side of those disquisitions. Let's face it, the atheists have a superior argument. You have no proof- one that can withstand rigorous scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Except that you are usually on the losing side of those disquisitions. Let's face it, the atheists have a superior argument. You have no proof- one that can withstand rigorous scrutiny.

I knew you were an atheist grin . Superior argument my nyash grin .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I knew you were an atheist grin . Superior argument my nyash grin .
This made me laugh so hard. How did you arrive at this conclusion? I only try to be as objective as possible. The only thing you have is faith and reason trumps faith. You know this.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This made me laugh so hard. How did you arrive at this conclusion? I only try to be as objective as possible. The only thing you have is faith and reason trumps faith. You know this.

I am not going to have a discussion with a dishonest fellow .I'm yet to see any reasonable argument from any atheist . Gosh .. bro ... you had to lie just to say this crap ? Na you oo

There is no point too low for an atheist , anything -lies , deceit , pretense - they've got it all . grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Empiree: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
grin Jehovah Witnesses knocked On The Wrong Door grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuomB-SPYuk
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I am not going to have a discussion with a dishonest fellow .I'm yet to see any reasonable argument from any atheist . Gosh .. bro ... you had to lie just to say this crap ? Na you oo

There is no point too low for an atheist , anything -lies , deceit , pretense - they've got it all . grin

False accusations. Please point out the lie(s).

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
False accusations. Please point out the lie(s).

The lies are :

1. That you are not atheist

2. Atheists have superior arguments

You need to get acquainted with logically fallacies and false arguments like specious arguments . Most of these atheists are sophists

Pay attention to the underlined words .

I thought you'd be fun to discuss with , I was wrong apparently . So

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The lies are :

1. That you are not atheist

2. Atheists have superior arguments

You need to get acquainted with logically fallacies and false arguments like specious arguments . Most of these atheists are sophists

Pay attention to the underlined words .

I thought you'd be fun to discuss with , I was wrong apparently . So
You clearly do not understand what it means to be objective. An atheist denies a Higher Power. I don't.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You clearly do not understand what it means to be objective. An atheist denies a Higher Power. I don't.

And that's the lie .

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply)

Lord's Chosen Members In Abakaliki In Acrobatic Stunts (Photos) / Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Blood Flows From A Woman's Eyes, Feet, Head In Church In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.