Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (69752 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Reason ? Or Faith ?
Reason

KingEbukasBlog:

Because you can't prove your God is anthropomorphic , can you ?
Neither can you. undecided.

KingEbukasBlog:

Second question : Must your God be anthropomorphic ? Any reasons for asserting he is one ?
I admit, its also based on biblical and other religious concept.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
4kings:

Reason

Neither can you. undecided

I admit, its also based on biblical and other religious concept.

Then its faith buttressed with ratiocination . cool
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 9:57pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Then its faith buttressed with ratiocination . cool
Nope its ratiocination buttressed with views from others.
tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
4kings:

Nope its ratiocination buttressed with views from others.
tongue

Thou art truly with huge faith , oh deist grin

So let's continue

Is there a possibility that there could be more than one eternal creators?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Is there a possibility that there could be more than one eternal creators ?
Nope.
Though there could be beings(aliens) higher than homos. But I believe there is 'a' creator.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
4kings:

Nope.
Though there could be beings(aliens) higher than homos. But I believe there is 'a' creator.

Based on reason grin .

So if there could be aliens of higher intelligence than man , why conclude that your God is anthropomorphic ? Do you think aliens are anthropomorphic ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Based on reason grin .
Yes tongue

KingEbukasBlog:

So if there could be aliens of higher intelligence than man , why conclude that your God is anthropomorphic ? Do you think aliens are anthropomorphic ?
I 'think' aliens would also have human attributes like thoughts and emotions, just probably higher than ours, so yes I think there are anthropomorphic.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:03am On Aug 08, 2016
4kings:

Yes tongue

I 'think' aliens would also have human attributes like thoughts and emotions, just probably higher than ours, so yes I think there are anthropomorphic.

So have you figured out your God's purpose for creating the universe and bestowing humans with reasoning
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 12:10am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So have you figured out your God's purpose for creating the universe and bestowing humans with reasoning
Nope
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by alfarouq(m): 12:44am On Aug 08, 2016
"Say: O People of the Scripture! Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for Lords besides Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto him). (Qur'an)

TRINITY:

According to most Christians, Jesus was God-incarnate, full man and full God. Can the finite and the infinite be one? "To be full" God means freedom from finite forms and from helplessness, and to be "full man" means the absence of divinity.

1.To be son is to be less than divine and to be divine is to be no one's son. How could Jesus have the attributes of sonship and divinity altogether?

2.Christians assert that Jesus claimed to be God when they quote him in John 14:9: "He that has seen me has seen the Father". Didn't Jesus clearly say that people have never seen God, as it says in John 5:37: "And the father himself which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have NEITHER HEARD HIS VOICE AT ANY TIME NOR SEEN HIS SHAPE"?

3.Christians say that Jesus was God because he was called Son of God, Son of Man, Messiah, and "saviour". Ezekiel was addressed in the Bible as Son of Man. Jesus spoke of "the peace makers" as Sons of God. Any person who followed the Will and Plan of God was called SON OF GOD in the Jewish tradition and in their language (Genesis 6:2,4; Exodus 4:22; Psalm 2:7; Romans 8:14). "Messiah" which in Hebrew means "God's anointed" and not "Christ", and "Cyrus" the person is called "Messiah" or "the anointed". As for "saviour", in II KINGS 13:5, other individuals were given that title too without being gods. So where is the proof in these terms that Jesus was God when the word son is not exclusively used for him alone?

4.Christians claim that Jesus acknowledged that he and God were one in the sense of nature when he says in John 10:30 "I and my father are one". Later on in John 17:21-23, Jesus refers to his followers and himself and God as one in five places. So why did they give the previous "one" a different meaning from the other five "ones"?

5.Is God three-in-one and one in three simultaneously or one at a time?

6.If God is one and three simultaneously, then none of the three could be the complete God. Granting that such was the case, then when Jesus was on earth, he wasn't a complete God, nor was the "father in Heaven" a whole God. Doesn't that contradict what Jesus always said about His God and our God in heaven, his Lord and our Lord ? Does that also mean that there was no complete god then, between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrection?

7.If God is one and three at a time, then who was the God in heaven when Jesus was on earth? Wouldn't this contradict his many references to a God in Heaven that sent him?

8.If God is three and one at the same time, who was the God in Heaven within three days between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrect ion?

9.Christians say that: "The Father(F) is God, the Son(S) is God, and the Holy Ghost(H) is God, but the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost is not the Father". In simple arithmetic and terms therefore, if F = G, S = G, and H = G, then it follows that F = S = H, while the second part of the statement suggests that F ¹ S ¹ H (meaning, "not equal"wink. Isn't that a contradiction to the Christian dogma of Trinity in itself ?

10.If Jesus was God, why did he tell the man who called him "good master" not to call him "good" because accordingly, there is none good but his God in Heaven alone?

11.Why do Christians say that God is three-in-one and one in three when Jesus says in Mark 12:29: "The Lord our God is one Lord" in as many places as yet in the Bible?

12.If belief in the Trinity was such a necessary condition for being a Christian, why didn't Jesus teach and emphasize it to the Christians during his time? How were those followers of Jesus considered Christians without ever hearing the term Trinity? Had the Trinity been the spinal cord of Christianity, Jesus would have emphasized it on many occasions and would have taught and explained it in detail to the people.

13.Christians claim that Jesus was God as they quote in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is John speaking and not Jesus. Also, the Greek word for the first occurrence of God is HOTHEOS which means "the God" or "God" with a capital "G", while the Greek word for its second occurrence is "TONTHEOS", which means "a god " or "god" with a small "g". Isn't this dishonesty and inconsistency on the part of those translating the Greek Bible? ? Isn't such quotation in John 1:1 recognized by every Christian scholar of the Bible to have been written by a Jew named Philo Alexandria way before Jesus and John?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2016
What part of the ark did Noah put the 1.5-30 million insect species?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
MizJanet:

am just laughing ehn, the meat and bread analysis is actually an hoax here cos both are different words , but in this case WE ARE DEALING WITH THE EXACT SAME WORD being twisted by hypocrisy and deceit.

at Job 14:13 we have " sheol" , also at psalm 9:17 we have the exact same word "sheol " , and the last time I CHECKED THE GREEK BIBLE TRANSLATION ACTUALLY TRANSLATE SHEOOL as hades , so in hebrew it means the richman is in sheol too grin this is interesting

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And suffering in Sheol, he lifted up his eyes from afar off and he saw Abraham, and Lazar in his bossom"

now , if u accept sheol as grave in job 14:13 , why do you find it hard to accept same for psalm 9:17 where the exact same word sheol is found ?

Read it carefully AGAIN. The word hell or sheol or grave or hades or quberah are synonymous. Whether it is Hell or Sheol or Grave, they are used INTERCHANGEABLY depending on context. There is no deceit in a synonym, you are the one who needs to attain some maturity and understand what a synonym is.
Here are some Bible verses that contain the word "grave", note their original words.

Gen 35:20 And Jacob set a pillar upon her grave: that is the pillar of Rachel's grave unto this day. (QEBERAH)
Gen 42:38 And he said, My son shall not go down with you; for his brother is dead, and he is left alone: if mischief befall him by the way in the which ye go, then shall ye bring down my gray hairs with sorrow to the grave. (SHEOL)
1Ki 14:13 And all Israel shall mourn for him, and bury him: for he only of Jeroboam shall come to the grave, because in him there is found some good thing toward the LORD God of Israel in the house of Jeroboam. (QEBERAH)
2Ch 34:28 Behold, I will gather thee to thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered to thy grave in peace, neither shall thine eyes see all the evil that I will bring upon this place, and upon the inhabitants of the same. So they brought the king word again. (QEBERAH)
Job 5:26 Thou shalt come to thy grave in a full age, like as a shock of corn cometh in in his season. (QEBERAH)
Job 7:9 As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. (SHEOL)
Job 14:13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! (SHEOL)
Job 21:13 They spend their days in wealth, and in a moment go down to the grave. (SHEOL)
Job 21:32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb. (QEBERAH)
Psa 31:17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave. (SHEOL)
Psa 49:14 Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling. (SHEOL)
Psa 88:5 Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.(QEBERAH)
Psa 88:11 Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction? (QEBERAH)
Psa 141:7 Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.(SHEOL)
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? (HADES)

2Sa 22:6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me; (SHEOL)
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. (SHEOL)
Pro 9:18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell. (SHEOL)
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. (SHEOL)
Amo 9:2 Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them downsadSHEOL)
Jonah 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.(SHEOL)
Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. (GEHENNA)
Mat 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.(HADES)
Luk 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.(GEHENNA)

A cursory glance at the greek shows that Jesus refers to the destination of sinners as either gehenna or hades interchangeably. They are both translated as hell or in some places hell fire in English.

From the above, you will notice that the word "sheol" is sometimes translated as grave and sometimes hell. The word hell is also used for gehenna and hades. This is because they are synonymous. However, the physical grave or tomb or cemetery is different from the destination of sinners which is hell fire or the place of torment where sinners are when they die. If you still do not get it, perhaps it is your destiny not to, lol. i can't help you further. Find something useful to do with your knowledge of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas ...
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Ranchhoddas ...
How may I be of service?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by bollify(m): 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
Is God omniscient? If yes, why didn't he know that satan and some angels will betray him before creating them?

Why did God create "the fruit" knowing that his creations are curious and will be tempted to eat the fruit since they basically live on fruits?

Why is it wrong to tempt God but it's right for God to tempt us as he did in the garden of eden?

More questions if I receive satisfactory answers to these.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How may I be of service?

Ok bro . Let's start .

You once admitted to the presence of supreme intelligence . How did you reach this conclusion ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
bollify:
Is God omniscient? If yes, why didn't he know that satan and some angels will betray him before creating them?

God knew about Satan's aberration and the rebellion of Satan's followers .

Why did God create "the fruit" knowing that his creations are curious and will be tempted to eat the fruit since they basically live on fruits?

God is prescient - has the ability to foretell future events . That includes the consequence of freewill whether good or bad . So the fruit he created allows man to express his ability to choose - a choice to eat the fruit or not .

Don't take it like God ordained man to fall ,he just had foreknowledge of it .

Why is it wrong to tempt God but it's right for God to tempt us as he did in the garden of eden?

More questions if I receive satisfactory answers to these.

God does not tempt man to sin and man should not tempt God

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ok bro . Let's start .

You once admitted to the presence of supreme intelligence . How did you reach this conclusion ?
I believe it makes more sense to believe in a First Cause. The nature, attributes and desires(if any) of this First and probably Self- sustaining Entity is what I do not know. If anyone insists that he or she knows this things, it is only rational that I demand incontrovertible proof.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I believe it makes more sense to believe in a First Cause. The nature, attributes and desires(if any) of this First and probably Self- sustaining Entity is what I do not know. If anyone insists that he or she knows this things, it is only rational that I demand incontrovertible proof.

Cool ... Cool. So that makes you a deist ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Cool ... Cool. So that makes you a deist ?
No. The deist postion is that this Entity is non-interventionist. I don't know this for sure as I do not totally doubt the supernatural. I believe that some events eg faith-healing are actually real. I don't believe that they are all staged or that they are all placebo occurences. There is actually something greater. There is more to our existence and as such I can't subscribe to deism.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by bollify(m): 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by bollify(m): 7:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God knew about Satan's aberration and the rebellion of Satan's followers .

The question was actually if he knew of Satan's betrayer before even creating him. And if he does, why create him then in the first place. Was it so humanity can suffer like we currently are? Was it to show off his power in the future through creating hell for Satan, his followers and the rest of his creations?

KingEbukasBlog:

God is prescient - has the ability to foretell future events . That includes the consequence of freewill whether good or bad . So the fruit he created allows man to express his ability to choose - a choice to eat the fruit or not .

Since he has the ability to foretell future event, he must have been able to foretell that Adam and Eve will eat the fruit and still went ahead to not only create the fruit but placed it in the centre of the garden. Isn't that a deliberate action to make humanity suffer?

KingEbukasBlog:

Don't take it like God ordained man to fall ,he just had foreknowledge of it .
God does not tempt man to sin and man should not tempt God

Since you agree that he foresaw the future of man and still went ahead to create the fruit in the garden and at the reach of man. Also create the devil knowing he will tempt them to eat this fruit. Then that's God tempting man.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
No. The deist postion is that this Entity is non-interventionist. I don't know this for sure as I do not totally doubt the supernatural. I believe that some events eg faith-healing are actually real. I don't believe that they are all staged or that they are all placebo occurences. There is actually something greater. There is more to our existence and as such I can't subscribe to deism.

Then why are you confused Just move on with your life and keep glorifying God . I mean you clearly said that you believe in an interventionist creator with healings are evidence ? So where is the doubt coming from ? Bro , don't create problems for yaself grin . Your case is really easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Then why are you confused Just move on with your life and keep glorifying God . I mean you clearly said that you believe in an interventionist creator with healings are evidence ? So where is the doubt coming from ? Bro , don't create problems for yaself grin . Your case is really easy
Don't get it twisted man. I don't know FOR SURE that he is not interventionist. There are other theories for this 'miracles' that do not require an External Force.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
bollify:

The question was actually if he knew of Satan's betrayer before even creating him. And if he does, why create him then in the first place. Was it so humanity can suffer like we currently are? Was it to show off his power in the future through creating hell for Satan, his followers and the rest of his creations?

It depends on how you look at it . If there was no fall of mankind or the devil , you won't know much about God . You won't know that God is merciful through Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection for the remission of sin , you won't know that God is all knowing through the foretelling of the birth of Christ , His death and resurrection and His second coming ; You won't know that God has the power to overcome evil through the judgement of Satan and the devil's final defeat , you won't know of His ability to create the physical from a spiritual realm etc . So its all to God's glory . Think about it .

bollify:
Since he has the ability to foretell future event, he must have been able to foretell that Adam and Eve will eat the fruit and still went ahead to not only create the fruit but placed it in the centre of the garden. Isn't that a deliberate action to make humanity suffer?

No . Because Adam and Eve sinned does not mean He caused it .

Let's take a look at you and your wife as a newly wed couple . You will have a child and obviously children are stubborn and recalcitrant and can even annoy you with their petulant tantrums when they are little . When they get older , they'll obviously make irrational decisions , be disobedient and sometimes are likely to tarnish your image through their actions . But hey , its bound to happen you'll still birth the child anyway but the thing and is that you as a parent is there to guide them and even if they go wrong which they will certainly you'll still punish them for their wrongs .

So bro , no one deserves anything , to be saved , to be helped , to go to Heaven to go to Hell , no one . However God had chosen to be , it is what it is . Asking questions and abjuring your faith in God won't change anything . God has always been existing , filled with all the power , intelligence , wisdom so we have no right to question God's ways because no one deserves to even be created to witness the manifestation of His glory in the first place .

Since you agree that he foresaw the future of man and still went ahead to create the fruit in the garden and at the reach of man. Also create the devil knowing he will tempt them to eat this fruit. Then that's God tempting man.

Tempting someone is to induce the person into doing something bad usually through deceit . God did none of those so its not temptation .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Don't get it twisted man. I don't know FOR SURE that he is not interventionist. There are other theories for this 'miracles' that do not require an External Force.

You clearly said :

I believe that some events eg faith-healing are actually real. I don't believe that they are all staged or that they are all placebo occurences. There is actually something greater.

So can you mentioned those instances where the intervention was really axiomatic ? I mean what made you arrive at the conclusion that there is indeed something greater ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by bollify(m): 8:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It depends on how you look at it . If there was no fall of mankind or the devil , you won't know much about God . You won't know that God is merciful through Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection for the remission of sin , you won't know that God is all knowing through the foretelling of the birth of Christ , His death and resurrection and His second coming ; You won't know that God has the power to overcome evil through the judgement of Satan and the devil's final defeat , you won't know of His ability to create the physical from a spiritual realm etc . So its all to God's glory .

Im essence, what you are saying is that he intentionally made adam to sin to be able to show us all these qualities.

KingEbukasBlog:

Let's take a look at you and your wife as a newly wed couple . You will have a child and obviously children are stubborn and recalcitrant and can even annoy you with their petulant tantrums when they are little . When they get older , they'll obviously make irrational decisions , be disobedient and sometimes are likely to tarnish your image through their actions . But hey , its bound to happen you'll still birth the child anyway but the thing and is that you as a parent is there to guide them and even if they go wrong which they will certainly you'll still punish them for their wrongs .

So bro , no one deserves anything , to be saved , to be helped , to go to Heaven to go to Hell , no one . However God had chosen to be , it is what it is . Asking questions and abjuring your faith in God won't change anything . God has always been existing , filled with all the power , intelligence , wisdom so we have no right to question God's ways because no one deserves to even be created to witness the manifestation of His glory in the first place .

If your first point is correct then this is invalid. Because he must have seen d advantage of showing off his good qualities in an imperfect world, hence, went ahead to create satan, the fruit, Adam and Eve while bringing them to proximity to fulfil his plan since he must have already foresaw how the whole scenario will play out in the garden.

KingEbukasBlog:

Tempting someone is to induce the person into doing something bad usually through deceit . God did none of those so its not temptation .

It is tempting because he knew what will happen. He could have kept the fruit out of the reach of Adam and Eve, or not create satan or make them survive on something else but fruits

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
alfarouq:
"Say: O People of the Scripture! Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for Lords besides Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto him). (Qur'an)

Lol . Let's see what you've got cool

alfarouq:
TRINITY:

According to most Christians, Jesus was God-incarnate, full man and full God. Can the finite and the infinite be one? "To be full" God means freedom from finite forms and from helplessness, and to be "full man" means the absence of divinity.

Jesus was God in human flesh when he came to earth . He became dual-natured - half man , half divine .

alfarouq:
1.To be son is to be less than divine and to be divine is to be no one's son. How could Jesus have the attributes of sonship and divinity altogether?

God is not Jesus' father as in a parent but was one ONLY when Christ came to earth . So in Heaven , God and Jesus are entities on their own , but are equal in supremacy , authority and divinity . So that makes them including the Holy Spirit one .

alfarouq:

2.Christians assert that Jesus claimed to be God when they quote him in John 14:9: "He that has seen me has seen the Father". Didn't Jesus clearly say that people have never seen God, as it says in John 5:37: "And the father himself which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have NEITHER HEARD HIS VOICE AT ANY TIME NOR SEEN HIS SHAPE"?

Its simply because they are equal in power , supremacy , authority , rank just name it . Its God in three entities . Jesus is the manifestation of God in flesh so its practically seeing the Father .

alfarouq:
3.Christians say that Jesus was God because he was called Son of God, Son of Man, Messiah, and "saviour". Ezekiel was addressed in the Bible as Son of Man. Jesus spoke of "the peace makers" as Sons of God. Any person who followed the Will and Plan of God was called SON OF GOD in the Jewish tradition and in their language (Genesis 6:2,4; Exodus 4:22; Psalm 2:7; Romans 8:14). "Messiah" which in Hebrew means "God's anointed" and not "Christ", and "Cyrus" the person is called "Messiah" or "the anointed". As for "saviour", in II KINGS 13:5, other individuals were given that title too without being gods. So where is the proof in these terms that Jesus was God when the word son is not exclusively used for him alone?

1. God confirmed that Jesus was his son after his baptism

Matthew 3:16-17
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He[a] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

2.Jesus resurrected from the dead , descended into Heaven and sat at the right hand of God
Mark 16:19
19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.

4.Christians claim that Jesus acknowledged that he and God were one in the sense of nature when he says in John 10:30 "I and my father are one". Later on in John 17:21-23, Jesus refers to his followers and himself and God as one in five places. So why did they give the previous "one" a different meaning from the other five "ones"?

alfarouq:
5.Is God three-in-one and one in three simultaneously or one at a time?

God in three entities . Jesus is God , Yahweh is God , the Holy Spirit is God .

6.If God is one and three simultaneously, then none of the three could be the complete God. Granting that such was the case, then when Jesus was on earth, he wasn't a complete God, nor was the "father in Heaven" a whole God. Doesn't that contradict what Jesus always said about His God and our God in heaven, his Lord and our Lord ? Does that also mean that there was no complete god then, between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrection?

They are separate entities existing as one . They have their own individual minds but are posses one divine mind .

alfarouq:
7.If God is one and three at a time, then who was the God in heaven when Jesus was on earth? Wouldn't this contradict his many references to a God in Heaven that sent him?

8.If God is three and one at the same time, who was the God in Heaven within three days between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrect ion?

This has been answered .You keep repeating the same thing in different ways

alfarouq:

9.Christians say that: "The Father(F) is God, the Son(S) is God, and the Holy Ghost(H) is God, but the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost is not the Father". In simple arithmetic and terms therefore, if F = G, S = G, and H = G, then it follows that F = S = H, while the second part of the statement suggests that F ¹ S ¹ H (meaning, "not equal"wink. Isn't that a contradiction to the Christian dogma of Trinity in itself ?

Just see it as G = F, S ,H .

alfarouq:
10.If Jesus was God, why did he tell the man who called him "good master" not to call him "good" because accordingly, there is none good but his God in Heaven alone?

How is this a problem ?

alfarouq:
11.Why do Christians say that God is three-in-one and one in three when Jesus says in Mark 12:29: "The Lord our God is one Lord" in as many places as yet in the Bible?

They are one like I earlier said

alfarouq:
2.If belief in the Trinity was such a necessary condition for being a Christian, why didn't Jesus teach and emphasize it to the Christians during his time? How were those followers of Jesus considered Christians without ever hearing the term Trinity? Had the Trinity been the spinal cord of Christianity, Jesus would have emphasized it on many occasions and would have taught and explained it in detail to the people.

He did . You muslims are just denying it .

John 10:30

30 I and my Father are one

13.Christians claim that Jesus was God as they quote in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is John speaking and not Jesus. Also, the Greek word for the first occurrence of God is HOTHEOS which means "the God" or "God" with a capital "G", while the Greek word for its second occurrence is "TONTHEOS", which means "a god " or "god" with a small "g". Isn't this dishonesty and inconsistency on the part of those translating the Greek Bible? ? Isn't such quotation in John 1:1 recognized by every Christian scholar of the Bible to have been written by a Jew named Philo Alexandria way before Jesus and John?

How does this controvert the reality of the Trinity

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Ranchhoddas: 9:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You clearly said :

So can you mentioned those instances where the intervention was really axiomatic ? I mean what made you arrive at the conclusion that there is indeed something greater ?
What I mean by those events are real is that they actually happened ie a sick person actually becomes healed after an activity (prayer, proclamation, incantation etc) was performed. Not necessarily that an external force made it happen as a response to the activity.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by hopefulLandlord: 11:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
bollify:

Im essence, what you are saying is that he intentionally made adam to sin to be able to show us all these qualities.

If your first point is correct then this is invalid. Because he must have seen d advantage of showing off his good qualities in an imperfect world, hence, went ahead to create satan, the fruit, Adam and Eve while bringing them to proximity to fulfil his plan since he must have already foresaw how the whole scenario will play out in the garden.

It is tempting because he knew what will happen. He could have kept the fruit out of the reach of Adam and Eve, or not create satan or make them survive on something else but fruits

Hmmm
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Talk2nanro(m): 9:51am On Aug 10, 2016
Image123:

i've never met a xtian that knows what the bible talks about more than i do, it will be very surprising. Like meeting a plant that writes better than me. Now, what i meant is that if you are a christian, , its kinda easier to explain calculus to an A-level student, than it would be a stark illiterate.
Now that's a brutal lie, just say that you think you understand the bible properly as for nobody knowing it more than you, that's just a fantasy in your head. some of your post are even wrong, such like the issue of hell and the spirit and soul. @kingebukanaija opinion is the correct one. even the bible said we should not always be wise in our opinion, giving room for more understanding. But yet you still have good understanding of the scripture if you are indeed @frosbel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It depends on how you look at it . If there was no fall of mankind or the devil , you won't know much about God . You won't know that God is merciful through Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection for the remission of sin , you won't know that God is all knowing through the foretelling of the birth of Christ , His death and resurrection and His second coming ; You won't know that God has the power to overcome evil through the judgement of Satan and the devil's final defeat , you won't know of His ability to create the physical from a spiritual realm etc . So its all to God's glory . Think about it.

Don't you think you are attributing to God what He is not? How can God knowingly create Satan to cause all the problem we see today just so that we can know He has aforementioned qualities? It appears something is missing sir.

So bro , no one deserves anything , to be saved , to be helped , to go to Heaven to go to Hell , no one . However God had chosen to be , it is what it is . Asking questions and abjuring your faith in God won't change anything . God has always been existing , filled with all the power , intelligence , wisdom so we have no right to question God's ways because no one deserves to even be created to witness the manifestation of His glory in the first place

But isn't that different from the parent knowing what the child will become but giving birth to it anyway?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (39) (Reply)

Lord's Chosen Members In Abakaliki In Acrobatic Stunts (Photos) / Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Blood Flows From A Woman's Eyes, Feet, Head In Church In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.