Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana (3670 Views)

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / Nigerian Militants Claim Bomb Attack On 'major' Oil Pipeline- CNN (2009) / Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by bigo55: 11:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
n a bid to fully harness their potentials into productive ventures and integrate them back into the society, repentant militants in Bayelsa State in Nigeria are to be trained in Ghana.

Already the state Coordinator of the Presidential Amnesty Implementation Committee, Rev. Obegha Julius Oworibo, has travelled to Ghana to secure an institution where the repentant militants would under go training in various vocations.

The training programme, Vanguard learnt, is part of the state government’s Triple ‘E’ scheme of Empowerment, Engagement and Enforcement, mooted before the presidential amnesty came into being for militants in the Niger Delta. Secretary to Bayelsa State government, Mr. Gideon Ekeuwei, disclosed this in Yenagoa against the backdrop of protest by some former militants in the state over alleged non-payment of their allowances by the authorities.

According to the state government scribe, the state coordinator of the amnesty programme, Rev Oworibo, who incidentally is a permanent secretary in his office, had to travel to Ghana to make arrangement for the training of the repentant militants.

He expressed optimism that in no distant time, the state would once again assumed its toga of oasis of peace in the Niger Delta.

Secretary to the state government described the perceived disagreement between the ex-militants and their respective leaders as purely internal matters. He said the protest was not unusual, adding that the development was expected, especially when it had to do with the issue of disarmament.

He noted that other countries of the world in similar situation were experiencing the same problem.

“What they (militants) may have expected may not come out as expected. This is not to say that government has failed,” he said.

Prior to the amnesty offer and the recent arms haul recorded in the predominantly riverine state, Bayelsa is renowned as the hotbed of militancy and kidnapping in the Niger Delta.

It also had the highest number of armed militant camps in the troubled region.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/10/repentant-militants-to-under-go-training-in-ghana/
http://www.ghanamma.com/latest-news/9986-nigerian-militants-to-undergo-training-in-ghana.html
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 11, 2009
people from that area have links to Ghana anyway.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by matiltomd(f): 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
I think it's high time i broke up with my boyfriend for not being a militant, grin grin grin grin

me wey i be broadcaster sef, i never go Ghana for training, interesting, cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by llade(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
For me the issue of where they are trained is secondary. the main issue is for the government to fully rehabilitate these boys to make them productive and contribute meaningfully towards  the betterment of society.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by bjcisse: 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
matiltom,

Gud for you
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by okeey(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
oppurtunity comes but once
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by PAININASS: 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2009
matiltom_d:

I think it's high time i broke up with my boyfriend for not being a militant, grin grin grin grin

me wey i be broadcaster sef, i never go Ghana for training, interesting, cheesy cheesy
The militant seems to be like COWs taking to farm to browse! You know,i won't like you to wish your BF to be a militant, as for me and my friendz.Those militant seems be like an animal to us and i think the government too is dealing with them like a group of hopeless individuals.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Martass: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
Why on earth would these societal misfits be entertained in Ghana? If this is true, it obviously shows how stupid the Ghanaian officials have become, somebody is obviously not thinking right.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by ayomifull(f): 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
Another opportunity for some embezzlement, I'm sure half of the money meant for the training will safely land in some ppl's pockets.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by PAININASS: 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
Guys try to think very well! i think Government is trying to removed them from that camp for now, so that goverment can destroy all their CAMPs! you know their is no way they can destroy their camp when they are still in nigeria so after they move them to ghana,they will destroyed the camp and when they come back from ghana,they will have no where to camp,
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Martass: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
PAININASS

Are they not going to create problems in Ghana? Won't they resort to training Ghana's brand of thier type? This is like Nigerians exporting their trouble to Ghana. Sense might have departed the Ghanaian authorities.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2009
Martass:

Why on earth would these societal misfits be entertained in Ghana? If this is true, it obviously shows how stupid the Ghanaian officials have become, somebody is obviously not thinking righ
the ghananians obviously need the cash badly or they are retarded

PAININASS link=topic=322063.msg4524858#msg4524858 date=1252674945:

Guys try to think very well! i think Government is trying to removed them from that camp for now, so that goverment can destroy all their CAMPs! you know their is no way they can destroy their camp when they are still in nigeria so after they move them to ghana,they will destroyed the camp and when they come back from ghana,they will have no where to camp,
and who told you it's hard to rebuid the camps?
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by newjay(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ghanaian authorities ought to watch these guys closely with a microscope- If they let these militants run loose in Ghana they'll end up with a problem they'll find extremely difficult to tackle. All it takes to crack the calm in Ghana is for one MEND member undergoing 'rehab' to grab some urchins in Accra and let them into the monetary gains of blowing pipelines and kidnapping expatriates. I hope Ghana knows what they've got on their their hands
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by sherrylo: 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
The Ghanaian authority will have no option than to welcome the militants! after all, they welcome so many favors from the Nigerian government too.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by saworoide: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
can somebody give me the contact for the presidential committee on Amnesty? I'm also a millitant from Ibadan. I no get gun to surrender, only cutlass
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by RUBRICS(m): 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
Training in Ghana!!!E be like say militancy pays ooooooooo
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by shesi(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
no way this thing is gonna happen. they are not welcome in ghana. we don't believe they are serious about de-militarising.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by estagirl(f): 3:31pm On Sep 11, 2009
do u mean Nigeria cant even train them? (militant)
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by estagirl(f): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by otukpo(f): 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
:-x
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by chukz4real(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
matiltom_d:

Never worry Matildom, I promise u, he will surely send you to Sudan for coverage, shocked
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2009
Why Ghana?
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2009
am getting sick of this GHANA patronage by NIGERIA on almost everthing.this days,when we want to do anything its ghana we fall back to.
i hope this patronage will not degenerate into humiliation and disgrace and maybe repatriation like we are currently getting from libya and south africa.
Before u know it,any crime in ghana will be attributed to the high population of nigerians there.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Seun(m): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2009
We already export oil, scams, and peace (ECOMOG).  Now we're exporting militants.  Up Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by mrperfect(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2009
I think is a welcome development if is done well.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by chukz4real(m): 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
Seun:

We already export oil, scams, and peace (ECOMOG). Now we're exporting militants. Up Nigeria!

Isn't that part of the rebranding?

aisha2:

Why Ghana?

Because they don't have pipelines that may tempt the ex-militants to go back to business!
estagirl:

because, all their previous lectures was in the creek, they want to try another terrain without pipelines,

mrperfect:

I think is a welcome development if is done well.

Has anything good ever come out of Nazareth?

newjay:

Ghanaian authorities ought to watch these guys closely with a microscope- If they let these militants run loose in Ghana they'll end up with a problem they'll find extremely difficult to tackle. All it takes to crack the calm in Ghana is for one MEND member undergoing 'rehab' to grab some urchins in Accra and let them into the monetary gains of blowing pipelines and kidnapping expatriates. I hope Ghana knows what they've got on their their hands

Never worry, Obama has to worry all that for Ghana!

RUBRICS:

Training in Ghana!!!E be like say militancy pays ooooooooo

Yes, it does only when u surrender 9geria civil war arms and ammunition and keep the next generation arms and ammunition to fall back to incase the pilot refuses to take them to Ghana, wait a minute, think one can still find his way to Sudan for some arm deal, another business opportunity for the ex-militants, Expo!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
so what is in ghana that is not here. this is capital freight.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Martass: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
aguiyi  

What you must know is that  no matter how resourceful you may think you are as a nation, there are many times you'll find yourself needing help or a friend. You should be happy Ghana is a close nation who may be willing to lend a hand when the need arises. If you remember the Biafra war then you must remember Aburi. Modern day young Nigerians have no clue of events of the past so write anything that comes to mind.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by lawrence83: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2009
ayomifull:

Another opportunity for some embezzlement, I'm sure half of the money meant for the training will safely land in some ppl's pockets.
you must be a sooothsayer,

i concur totally!
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by PAININASS: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
Guys! try to understand the Nigerian government, We government just need to remove them from this country so that we can destroyed all their camps grin

And when they come back to nigeria, THERE WILL NOT BE CAMP FOR THEM grin

If there is no camp,there will not be militant, they will find ARMY BARRACK AT THEIR CAMP WHEN THEY COME BACK TO NIGERIA grin

SORRY FOLKS I'M TALKING ON BEHALF OF TURAI grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Beaf: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
^Innocent ignorance shining there. You have never been to the ND.

Military baracks in the creeks, thats too funny! Even the navy can't survive there.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Excllncy(m): 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
Nonsense! What sort of training. Must we be militants before we can feel the impact of government?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pdp Membership / El Rufai Hit Back By A Fan On His Facebook Page. / #throwback Picture Of Mandela, Jnr Martin Luther And Nnamdi Kanu...photo Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.