Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana (3675 Views)

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / Nigerian Militants Claim Bomb Attack On 'major' Oil Pipeline- CNN (2009) / Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by koolchicco: 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2009
What sort of training?. . .Undergoing training as Soldiers,Man-O War or Armed Robbers?I no fit shout abeg! shocked undecided
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by tatsumaru(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
the ghanains that killed all their corrupt leaders, i wonder if their people will accept the militants ;d
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by iammodel(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2009
hmmmm, ghana has been a peaceful country for years, but recently the incidence of robbery is gaining popularity and most ghanian believe that nigerians are involved in this act, and the few ghanians that are also in the act are said to be lured into by it by nigerians.
i hope this guys won't go there, to spoil our image the more.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by becomrich15: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2009
That sound funny, Ghana. ? be careful. people who refuse to give 27 army officer money. If you get to Ghana how do you think you would come back if they no pay bus money come back or shoot you for thier.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2009
ASUU has been on strike for months.
The govt dont care, not willing to invest into education, now the "giant of Africa" is going to "ant of Africa" to help them train the animals that we have raised in some vocational studies.
There are so many vocational schools in Nigeria and yet none cld train them?
Now the govt will be paying millions yearly to train all these people, meanwhile, the people that really want to learn are being neglected, so does this means that you have to adopt the spirit of militancy to be able to learn via the govt in Nigeria/
So sad.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by naso2(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
i_am_model:

hmmmm, ghana has been a peaceful country for years, but recently the incidence of robbery is gaining popularity and most ghanian believe that nigerians are involved in this act, and the few ghanians that are also in the act are said to be lured into by it by nigerians.

If Ghanians are so fickle that they need Nigerians to lure them into armed robbery then that is their problem. But this excuse by Ghanians about nigeria being behind almost all crimes is not smart.

I used to visit Ghana and had to seek honest opinion of some Ghanaians, about crime and while they acknowledge that nigerians are involved, they also appreciate that much of the crimes are commited by Ghanians without any nigerian support.

The genesis of crime escalation in Ghana was when kUFFOUR suceeded Rawlings who was seemingly ruling Ghana with iron-fist even as a civilian. Ghananians appreciated the liberal disposition of KUFFOUR but later discovered ,they had not adequately prepared for the attendant lawlessness that accompany Kuffour's liberality. Hence crime was on the rise. Some Ghanians even state that their politicians are just marginally better than ours in terms of corruption.

Now that they have found oil , we will really see how they manage the greed the defines African leaders in the midst of state prosperity.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by canuck(m): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2009
My people, it's the other way round: The boys are going there to train Ghanaians in guerilla rofo-rofo militancy, since Ghana has just discovered oil!

Why should Nigeria alone be "blessed" with militants in sub-sahara Africa? Naija is spreading the gospel abroad  grin
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by spoOne: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
There goes the neighborhood! smileycheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by oge4real(f): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ghana? Why not Afganistan?
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by sley4life(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
why not observe the training in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by 9ijaprince(m): 10:56pm On Sep 11, 2009
Thats an excellent idea. They are there to learn soccer. Remember ghana became the first in africa to qualify for world cup. Maybe they will take up ur to 2020.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by alias64: 1:38am On Sep 12, 2009
Good thing. They’ll be emasculated.  By the time, Ghana finishes with them the militants will be reduced to screaming hysterically when arguing and making obscene sexual remarks like on Ghana discussion forums and just as Nigerians educated in Ghana seem to do.

Curiously, people who tag themselves Biafran tend to heap praise on Ghana. Someone needs to be more careful

Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2009
People, this aint gonna work. Just one of those shit on papers. Making it seem the F.G is working. Those same militants are gradually being recruited and strategizing for 2011 so what the Bleep is the Ghana training from. Dont believe shit you read.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by lastpage: 2:02am On Sep 13, 2009
This whole story smells of "ESTACODE' and CORRUPTION!

Our treasury looters are very inventive nowadays!

Meen, from "bandito" to "foreign trips"!
This government of Yara-Clueless really sucks!1
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by canuck(m): 5:11am On Sep 13, 2009
lastpage:

This whole story smells of "ESTACODE' and CORRUPTION!

BINGO!
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by tayotoyin(f): 5:34am On Sep 13, 2009
Come 2 think of it! D Militants believe they're fighting 4 their rights. Hmm! That's not what obtained in late Ken Saro Wiwa's days. Correct me if I'm wrong,he(Saro Wiwa) fought,but he wasn't violent.
Why shouldn't they be shipped to Ghana if they're truly repentant & Nigeria doesn't have the required DE-MILITARISING tools?
How sure are we dt d (corrupt) Nigerian factor would not pollute d Ghananian grounds?
Let's keep our fingers crossed & hope 4 d best.

Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Ifygurl: 5:50am On Sep 13, 2009
hmm. Well i go pray for Ghana. Better not piss the militants off or you guys will have to deal with blowing up pipes and kidnapping ppl for no fucking reason while at the same time they are screaming "freedom fighters for niger-delta". Well militants--good luck.
I think this is a very mature way Nigerian government and the militants can stop beefing without resulting to violence. but personally, i have a feeling this is a trap. it just sound like a trap.
Militants find out what the Nigerian government offered the Ghanaian government ooh. or find out why they are sending you guys there, instead of China like they do with Nigerian army, etc. it doesn't sound right but Goodluck militants. Good-luck.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by donpaulo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2009
sending them to Ghana, not a very good idea, atleast not now that they just discovered oil undecided
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by naso2(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2009
tayotoyin:

Come 2 think of it! D Militants believe they're fighting 4 their rights. Hmm! That's not what obtained in late Ken Saro Wiwa's days. Correct me if I'm wrong,he(Saro Wiwa) fought,but he wasn't violent.

WRONG.

The Ogoni's under the leadership of Saro-Wiwa fought the multinationals on two fronts: shutting down oil explorations in Ogoni land (this involved will involve some form of violence) and sensitising the international community of their plight(intellectual).
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Princek12(m): 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2009
sley4life:

why not observe the training in nigeria
If you investigate further, it is likely that the govt. official who implemented this program did so in order to embezzle funds under the pretext of training militants in Ghana, assuming that it would be less likely that this potentially unscrupulous behavior will be discovered in Ghana.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by tayotoyin(f): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2009
na_so:

WRONG.

The Ogoni's under the leadership of Saro-Wiwa fought the multinationals on two fronts: shutting down oil explorations in Ogoni land (this involved will involve some form of violence)  and sensitising the international community of their plight(intellectual).
Thanks 4 d enlightenment. The Ogonis happen 2b from d Niger-Delta,Bayelsa State 2b precise,right?
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by naso2(m): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2009
tayotoyin:

Thanks 4 d enlightenment. The Ogonis happen 2b from d Niger-Delta,Bayelsa State 2b precise,right?

Ogonis are wholly from rivers state.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nezan(m): 11:34am On Sep 14, 2009
What of the numerous unemployed graduates?
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Anabel(f): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2009
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2009
Curiously, people who tag themselves Biafran tend to heap praise on Ghana

I've been saying the south east, midwest and south south have ancient ties to Ghana.

The Aburi accord which immediately preceeded the civil war was also held in Ghana.

I'm sure there's more to this retraining exercise than the authorities are letting on. Maybe the militants themselves originally trained in Ghana or had Ghanaian assistance.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Martass: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
Hehehehe, Tpia, you are nuts. shocked
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 14, 2009
Martass:

Hehehehe, Tpia, you are nuts. shocked

because you cant comprehend my post ?
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Martass: 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2009
Because your post doesn't make sense. Ghana just played a very effective role as a peace broker during the Biafra war. Try and find out more about post independent Ghana and Nigeria. Ghana was basically the big brother those days, long before the oil boom.

And you also claim those Nigeria societal misfits were trained in Ghana? Na waoo!
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2009
Martass:

Because your post doesn't make sense. Ghana just played a very effective role as a peace broker during the Biafra war. Try and find out more about post independent Ghana and Nigeria. Ghana was basically the big brother those days, long before the oil boom.

And you also claim those Nigeria societal misfits were trained in Ghana? Na waoo!

Ghana was an effective peacebroker during a war?   Do you think you're making sense?

Was it Ghana who ended the war?

and did the Aburi meeting avert it?

I dont claim the misfits were trained in Ghana- I was simply speculating but you can jump up if you wish.

anyway, if you dont know or want to deny Ghana and the people of that region have links, then kudos.

my point is all this didnt just suddenly come out of the blue.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by nnaemmy(m): 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
REBRANDING KE! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by sherrylo: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2009
Please Ghanaians are corrupt already. They killed few corrupt leaders, they did not kill corruption itself!or you think corruption dies like that?

Ghana has always being Nigeria's puppet,so if Nigeria pleases Ghana has no option afterall they welcome so many favors from Nigeria!.
Re: Nigerian Militants To Undergo Training In Ghana by Martass: 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2009
'Ghana has always been Nigeria's puppet' you sound very very ignorant. You think when you give somebody oil on credit basis he becomes your puppet? He pays anyway, right? What faours?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! / “labaran Maku, Most Corrupt Federal Minister” – Presidency / Chris Olukolade Is Monitoring What People Are Saying On Twitter About GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.