Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award (52087 Views)

Manchester United Players Deliver Christmas Presents To Children’s Hospitals. / Cristiano Ronaldo Gives His Silver Boot Award To Compatriot #luis Nani / CR7 Gives Nani His Silver Boot Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by klassykute(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
Ronaldo is very stupid for trying to play with my intelligence! The truth about this young man is that "If its not all about him then everything is useless" he is not very happy because portugal won, rather because it puts him ahead of others to ballon d'or award. He gave it away because he felt that he is bigger than silver boot. Nonsense!
same tin i thought.. silver Boot to his is not his type of trophy.. i wonda if it was golden boot will e give it to nani
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Lexzytee(m): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2016
Congrat to C Ronaldo...u are d best. But I still love messi d more despite criticism he is d best nd will alwayz be d best..best 10 at barca nd argentina his own tym is gonna cme I believe dat.
Frm a loyal Barca fans
#REPFCB
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Stephen344(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
Ronaldo is very stupid for trying to play with my intelligence! The truth about this young man is that "If its not all about him then everything is useless" he is not very happy because portugal won, rather because it puts him ahead of others to ballon d'or award. He gave it away because he felt that he is bigger than silver boot. Nonsense!

The truth is C.ronaldo isn't selfish, he sold two of his golden boots for charity, while your god(messi) doesn't even care if you die besides he not paying tax. Major reason he gave Nani the boot is because He(Ronaldo) wears Nike boots.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by laplace19(m): 10:44am On Jul 12, 2016
Dexema:
make that four please, grin

Nope... the 4th one has not been given to him grin cheesy
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Switpal(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2016
PAINGAIN:
dude does messi give you part of his earnings? What do you stand to gain by hating on ronaldo unnecessarily? Do messi or ronaldo know who you are?

Na wao for some people. Just look at how you are defending messi as if your life depends on it.
I am a ronaldo fan but i can never talk down on messi. They are both great footballers but i prefer ronaldo because i think that when messi isn't playing for barcelona he looks average to me. Messi is great in barcelona jersey but average in argentina jersey. Ronaldo has played in three different leagues and he's been great in all three. Thats the only reason why i prefer ronaldo to messi but that does'nt mean i will talk down on messi.
Take it easy bro.
And you just did...
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by speciallymade(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2016
Why are people this full of hate? Hatred everywhere.. *storms outta thread*
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by obinnashady(m): 10:47am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
He's a winner,he has the spirit of a champion,he always wants to win cos he's discovered he's not a mediocre.Critics everywhere,he doesn't even know u exist talk more of trying to play with ur intelligence.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Dexema(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2016
laplace19:

Nope... the 4th one has not been given to him grin cheesy
hahahaha! Please na, I use blatter name take beg u grin.
Even the devil down in his furnace knows ronaldo will win the next ballon'dor award.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by LesbianBoy(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2016
The truth is that, ronaldo, nani, giroud etc finished on 3 goals but fifa gave ronaldo the silverboot because portugal won the cup and also because ronaldo's goals were vital than nani's goals. But being a good guy he decided to give nani since he (ronaldo) has many individual awards already and nani doesn't have!
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by JoeCutie(m): 10:51am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
You're too smart. He doesn't accept anything less than the prima, and he certainly does not like to play second fiddle to anyone. Anyone at all! Had he won the Golden Boot, he would not dare to give it out. If his magnanimity is so intoxicating, he should give away one of his 'Golden Boots', 'the pichichi' and or his 'Ballon D'Or'.

Irrespective of this or whatever, he's still a nice person though. I think

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Alvinnado(m): 10:51am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
Trash,have you asked yourself about what happened to the 600k euro champions league final match bonus and his UCL golden boot?
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by rolams(m): 10:52am On Jul 12, 2016
Nbote:
Some of una sef.. So because he gifted Nani his silver booth award, he's suddenly d humanitarian amd had always been generous blah blah blah. Ronaldo is selfish and luvs himself and his big ego but dats exactly wat makes drives him and kips him going. Dats what motivates him to do more. He only truly cares about outdoing others and as such has to b selfish and dats d plain truth. Everything has to revolve around him for him to stay happy and for him to in turn giv his best. We all see it as a bad thing but trust me to get to d top and b d very best involves dat especially in a sports like soccer where there's no room for loss of form. U're either naturally super talented to succeed like Messi or u work super hard until u improve and become a super talent like Ronaldo. It's as simple as dat. If he had finished as d top scorer would he have given out d golden boot? He finished with 3 goals, d same as Giroud, Morata and Payet and dat clearly to him isn't impressive. He's gave it out becos his ego is too big to for him to b in second place.

For those that think RONALDO believes the silver is too small for him, I don't think so because he has won silver in laliga and has never awarded it to anybody.

TO ME, he feels the contribution of NANI in the team. Look at his reactions when Portugal took the lead and his relationship with the scorer EDER.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Magicdon(m): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=Vincent41 post=47452895]

you are misconepted, Messi is very good on both legs!
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Alvinnado(m): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2016
klassykute:
same tin i thought.. silver Boot to his is not his type of trophy.. i wonda if it was golden boot will e give it to nani
hmmmmm nawaoh people with ignorance self
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by MrTour: 10:54am On Jul 12, 2016
Ronaldo is a world class performer, yes its always all about him In fact, he influences the Portuguese team due to the level of responsibilities and expectation on him.

Is that his fault for being good at what he does? No it is not. If I happen to be the richest in my family today, all decisions must revolve around me. Its a norm obtainable in the society, once you are good, you command respect.

On the other hand, Ronaldo is a great guy, everyone has Ego and its necessary when dealing with the public if not they will disrespect you.

gocac:

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by saintdennis(m): 10:57am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:

Seems ur monthly visitor is around. Sorry ehn
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by saintdennis(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2016
Lexzytee:
Congrat to C Ronaldo...u are d best. But I still love messi d more despite criticism he is d best nd will alwayz be d best..best 10 at barca nd argentina his own tym is gonna cme I believe dat.
Frm a loyal Barca fans
#REPFCB

Best #10 at barca YES!!! Best #10 @ argie? Guy no talk am where Argentines dey, heard they are very violent.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by wolexter(m): 11:02am On Jul 12, 2016
hUmaneOne:
I'm not a football fan, but seeing the hate football can breed esp between Merci and Ronaldo's fan, I can only wonder ............
lolz.. i thought d name was messi. sorry i forgot u aint no football fan.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by klassykute(m): 11:02am On Jul 12, 2016
Alvinnado:
hmmmmm nawaoh people with ignorance self
no na my guy .. just reason am .. i no talk say e bad o
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by moks11(m): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2016
cristiano Ronaldo: Premier League √ FA cup √ Laliga √ Copa del rey √ Champions League √ Fifa world club cup √ Ballon d'or √ European Championship √ Manchester United Legend √ Real Madrid Legend √ Now Portugal Legend√ Successful for club and country √ The best. √√.....as for Messi just pay your tax and the lord will take you to a new league and change your status in Argentina
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by BlackIsLife: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2016
locosis007:
That's team spirit
Most ppl SEE Ronaldo as extremely selfish.
But that's wrong!

Ronaldo' is the most philanthropist sportman in the world at the moment
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by dekaz(m): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2016
JoeCutie:
You're too smart. He doesn't accept anything less than the prima, and he certainly does not like to play second fiddle to anyone. Anyone at all! Had he won the Golden Boot, he would not dare to give it out. If his magnanimity is so intoxicating, he should give away one of his 'Golden Boots', 'the pichichi' and or his 'Ballon D'Or'.

Irrespective of this or whatever, he's still a nice person though. I think
You dont get it, RONALDO knows the impart of NANI @euro2016 hence he decided to dedicate what he got from the tournament to him because NANI contributed so much to Portugal success most especially when RONALDO is helpless in the final against France that he was stretched out after just 20 minutes from the first half giving NANI that boot is just to appreciate him for keeping hte team together when he(RONALDO)left the pitch, since that is the only thing he got from the competition that NANI didnt get , they both got the medal so its of no use giving him his medal again but what NANI didnt get was given to him which is the boot and perhaps he felt he didnt deserve it since he didnt win the final for them ...
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by datyrone(m): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2016
believe me if he won the golden ball he woudnt give nani
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Ladanboso: 11:06am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:

ur very correct, Ronaldo is full of pride n selfish
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by dekaz(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2016
Stephen344:

The truth is C.ronaldo isn't selfish, he sold two of his golden boots for charity, while your god(messi) doesn't even care if you die besides he not paying tax. Major reason he gave Nani the boot is because He(Ronaldo) wears Nike boots.
Bros, that boot is not something you can wear o, so ur point is baseless ......cr7 is the best
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2016
ddippset:
And nani is supposed to rejoice about a silver boot? Hehehehehe. Who has ever cared about a silver boot before? Agbaayaa nani. The whole portugese team saw how irrelevant ronaldo was in taking the cup home and the world has seen it so they are all trying to make ronaldo feel good by telling us about silver boots and motivational talk. Lot. Who has ever given a fuucck about that? Its no longer 'ronaldo carries portugaal on his back singlehandedly or ronaldo wins final with a haattrick, its now ronaldo gave a motivational speech. Hehehehehe. Before copa america final the heaadlines were ' messi on the verge of becoming the best ever' or 'messi is about to eclipse diego Maradona' lot. On the contrast before the euro final the headline was 'ronaldo about to win 2016 ballon dor' or ronaldo about to eclipse messi. The standard of meaasuring everything ronaldo does is messi. You guys just live with it. Messi is the standard of ronaldo's football career. Live with it!
Yes because Portugal would have qualified from their group if Ronaldo didn't score two goals against Hungary. Or they would have gotten to the final if he didn't score against Wales and assist the second goal.

The Ronaldo hate is unreal. It seems people have forgotten how good Ronaldo is/was because he's getting older and it's starting to show. Messi is 29 FFS. Ronaldo at his peak was comparable to if not better than Messi.

So no. Messi is not the standard of Ronaldo's career. Give me a peak Ronaldo and a peak messi I know who I'd choose.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by mostob(m): 11:12am On Jul 12, 2016
PAINGAIN:
dude does messi give you part of his earnings? What do you stand to gain by hating on ronaldo unnecessarily? Do messi or ronaldo know who you are?

Na wao for some people. Just look at how you are defending messi as if your life depends on it.
I am a ronaldo fan but i can never talk down on messi. They are both great footballers but i prefer ronaldo because i think that when messi isn't playing for barcelona he looks average to me. Messi is great in barcelona jersey but average in argentina jersey. Ronaldo has played in three different leagues and he's been great in all three. Thats the only reason why i prefer ronaldo to messi but that does'nt mean i will talk down on messi.
Take it easy bro.
bro,so u are insinuating dat when messi plays with argentina,he looks average even after guiding them to 3 finals in 3 years.walahi nobody mumu pass u
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by P0intBlank(m): 11:12am On Jul 12, 2016
The way you guys fight over this Messi and Ronaldo issue is amusing. Haba, you can like them both it's not mutually exclusive. I am huge fan of Ronaldo but I respect Messi a lot. A lot of people have misconceptions about Ronaldo and it doesn't help. He is extremely confident, ambitious (yes, he has an ego) but he's great guy.

This video below gives you an idea of how Ronaldo really is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGshFwJKb7g

Modified
For those who can't watch the video, this what happened:

Moutinho still had that penalty miss against Spain 4 years ago fresh in his mind. So he initially shied away from taking a penalty against Poland.

After a chat with manager Fernando Santos, Ronaldo moves to the touchline and urges Moutinho to partake in the shootout.

He says: "Be strong! Come on! Be strong! You hit them well, come on."

Not only did he managed to encourage Moutinho to take a penalty, but he's also motivated him, complimented him and exempted him of any blame should he miss
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:13am On Jul 12, 2016
Nbote:
Some of una sef.. So because he gifted Nani his silver booth award, he's suddenly d humanitarian amd had always been generous blah blah blah. Ronaldo is selfish and luvs himself and his big ego but dats exactly wat makes drives him and kips him going. Dats what motivates him to do more. He only truly cares about outdoing others and as such has to b selfish and dats d plain truth. Everything has to revolve around him for him to stay happy and for him to in turn giv his best. We all see it as a bad thing but trust me to get to d top and b d very best involves dat especially in a sports like soccer where there's no room for loss of form. U're either naturally super talented to succeed like Messi or u work super hard until u improve and become a super talent like Ronaldo. It's as simple as dat. If he had finished as d top scorer would he have given out d golden boot? He finished with 3 goals, d same as Giroud, Morata and Payet and dat clearly to him isn't impressive. He's gave it out becos his ego is too big to for him to b in second place.
Yes. Someone that donates blood and gives a large percent of his earnings to charity is selfish.

People never cease to amaze.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nbote(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2016
rolams:

For those that think RONALDO believes the silver is too small for him, I don't think so because he has won silver in laliga and has never awarded it to anybody.

TO ME, he feels the contribution of NANI in the team. Look at his reactions when Portugal took the lead and his relationship with the scorer EDER.

Funny u mentioned him winning silver in La Liga. U do realise Sanches and Quaresma made more telling contributions to d teams all thru their run to d final. D reactions were expected considering dey knew dey had won d tournament wit dat late goal.. Dis was his last chance of getting a trophy with the National team and dey grabbed it with both Hands. Dey did to France what Greece did to dem in 2004.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by JoeCutie(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2016
dekaz:
You dont get it, RONALDO knows the impart of NANI @euro2016 hence he decided to dedicate what he got from the tournament to him because NANI contributed so much to Portugal success most especially when RONALDO is helpless in the final against France that he was stretched out after just 20 minutes from the first half giving NANI that boot is just to appreciate him for keeping hte team together when he(RONALDO)left the pitch, since that is the only thing he got from the competition that NANI didnt get , they both got the medal so its of no use giving him his medal again but what NANI didnt get was given to him which is the boot and perhaps he felt he didnt deserve it since he didnt win the final for them ...
Bros!!! If it was a golden boot, Ronaldo would not have given it away. He doesn't accept second. Never!

How many of his teammates - both club and country - has he ever given any of his many golden boots or ballon d'or? He is Ronaldo, he doesn't keep anything less than the best/first in his cabinet. No be today, na so he be. He's still a nice guy though

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:

Later when you burst blood vessel begin bleed non-stop dem go say na village people not knowing say na bad belle and hate cause am. Better calm down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized / Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions / Real Madrid Player Salaries 2017-18 (contract Details Revealed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.