Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award (52102 Views)

Manchester United Players Deliver Christmas Presents To Children’s Hospitals. / Cristiano Ronaldo Gives His Silver Boot Award To Compatriot #luis Nani / CR7 Gives Nani His Silver Boot Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Lexzytee(m): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
saintdennis:

Best #10 at barca YES!!! Best #10 @ argie? Guy no talk am where Argentines dey, heard they are very violent.
Argentina even believe dat, dat is y dey adore nd cherish him
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by zikter(m): 1:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nbote:
Some of una sef.. So because he gifted Nani his silver booth award, he's suddenly d humanitarian amd had always been generous blah blah blah. Ronaldo is selfish and luvs himself and his big ego but dats exactly wat makes drives him and kips him going. Dats what motivates him to do more. He only truly cares about outdoing others and as such has to b selfish and dats d plain truth. Everything has to revolve around him for him to stay happy and for him to in turn giv his best. We all see it as a bad thing but trust me to get to d top and b d very best involves dat especially in a sports like soccer where there's no room for loss of form. U're either naturally super talented to succeed like Messi or u work super hard until u improve and become a super talent like Ronaldo. It's as simple as dat. If he had finished as d top scorer would he have given out d golden boot? He finished with 3 goals, d same as Giroud, Morata and Payet and dat clearly to him isn't impressive. He's gave it out becos his ego is too big to for him to b in second place.
remember he donated a whooping 600k euros of his champions league bonus to charity, is that also selfishness?
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
goldfish80:

Ronaldo is a drama queen. If you're honest with yourself you will admit that much. Did Roy Keane cry like baby when he was booked during the Champions League semi-final? Anotherexample (I’m sure there are loads) was Gerrard breaking a bone in his foot against Manchester Utd, as he was hobbling off he was punching his fist into his other open hand indicating to the other players to go on and win the match without him

Ronaldo gets injured. It looks like a genuinely a
bad one. He gets treatment, walks off the pitch
and then decides to play on. Fine, nothing to see
here. After another five minutes where he is clearly
mobile enough to run into the penalty area and
challenge for a header, he signals to the bench to
be substituted and commences approximately 110
mins of obscene narcissism.
After showing how mobile he is just seconds before,
he decides he needs to sit in the middle of the
pitch and requires a stretcher to aid him from it. A
nice couple of minutes being center of attention
with the World’s cameras pointed at him. For the
rest of normal time there was clearly not many
opportunities for him to preen himself in front of the
lenses, but as soon as the 90min whistle was blown
and the cameras focused on the huddled teams,
he grabbed the opportunity to make himself seen
again. Moving between each and every player
and giving them a morale-boosting word in their
ears – the same ears that he has screamed into all
tournament when they have not passed to him or
had the audacity to make a mistake. During extra
time, the man that required four people to carry
him from the field replaced Fernando Santos as
manager and jumped and shouted his way around
the technical area (I don’t recall any player, ever,
doing something similar). If you can read lips then
you’ll know he was shouting “LOOK AT ME! LOOK
AT ME!” (in Portuguese, obviously).

Ronlado is an awesome player but an absolute pr!ck of a man. He succeeded in making the whole show like it was Ronaldo Vs France. Pathetic

Abeg bro,,,,,neither Ronaldo nor messi dae pay me,,,,so I no get strength to argue on their matter ....examples dat I gave u is to let u know dat he isn't d first and will not b last to cry ,,,,,,

Lifestyle and understanding differs,,,even if he didnt cry,,,, dat he just left immmediately after dat challenge from payet ,,,, some folks will still criticize him ....

I know he's always proud on d pitch but as for dat day in Paris,, honestly I no see much bad in wat he did.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Owobobrown(m): 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
LaExpert:

The selling is as good as dashing it out nau...

After all, he did not keep the proceeds.

Of what use is a golden boot to a country affected by earthquake? What they need is the proceeds.

You need to be realistic and objective.
please don't reply them anymore,there mind are made up to hate
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Uchexxy(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nbote:
Some of una sef.. So because he gifted Nani his silver booth award, he's suddenly d humanitarian amd had always been generous blah blah blah. Ronaldo is selfish and luvs himself and his big ego but dats exactly wat makes drives him and kips him going.
ignorance is indeed a disease!!! Do u know that after the ucl final, Ronald gifted £600,000 to charity do u also know an ex footballer in Portugal feeds off ronaldo? pls what humanitarian act has your choice player ever done?
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Dindondin(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
Ronaldo is very stupid for trying to play with my intelligence! The truth about this young man is that "If its not all about him then everything is useless" he is not very happy because portugal won, rather because it puts him ahead of others to ballon d'or award. He gave it away because he felt that he is bigger than silver boot. Nonsense!
you are worst than Baratu.
The woman that cut off the penn is of her husbands second wife. I won't take your post as a joke.
If Ronaldo decide to hide off the media & people start asking of him.
You ll say he did it intentionally.
When you make success. just hide. Infact sip poison & leaves the world asap.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by datigbogirl: 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
locosis007:
That's team spirit

Most ppl SEE Ronaldo as extremely selfish.

But that's wrong!

And you think he'll give him it is was Golden boot?

Ronaldo simply discarded the boot so it won't soil his trophy cabinet.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by saintdennis(m): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
Lexzytee:

Cherish? Maybe?

Love/revere?? Nope!! If it's not maradona it can never be maradona
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Emmayur(m): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
ddippset:
And nani is supposed to rejoice about a silver boot? Hehehehehe. Who has ever cared about a silver boot before? Agbaayaa nani. The whole portugese team saw how irrelevant ronaldo was in taking the cup home and the world has seen it so they are all trying to make ronaldo feel good by telling us about silver boots and motivational talk. Lot. Who has ever given a fuucck about that? Its no longer 'ronaldo carries portugaal on his back singlehandedly or ronaldo wins final with a haattrick, its now ronaldo gave a motivational speech. Hehehehehe. Before copa america final the heaadlines were ' messi on the verge of becoming the best ever' or 'messi is about to eclipse diego Maradona' lot. On the contrast before the euro final the headline was 'ronaldo about to win 2016 ballon dor' or ronaldo about to eclipse messi. The standard of meaasuring everything ronaldo does is messi. You guys just live with it. Messi is the standard of ronaldo's football career. Live with it!

He carried the team on his head actually, his goal and attempt that was deflected in by Nani ensured that they had a final to play, not forgetting his 2 goals against Hungary that made sure his team qualified from the group stage.

Barca won 2015/2016's la liga because of suares and not messi... argentina got to the final of 2016's copa american without using messi all the time and when he was needed to score a penalty so they could win the cup, he missed and then resigned like a coward.

Ronaldo got his team to the final and even injury couldn't stop him.

If messi is greater than Maradona then Ronaldo is greter than both of them.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by afroxyz: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
ddippset:
and how do all these put ronaldo into the equation of the 3 greatest footballers ever? He is not in the equation, its pele, maradona, messi. Messi wanted to win copa america to be crowned greatest ever! Ronaldo wanted to win euro to be crowned ballon dor winner 2016. Thats the difference, stop deceiving yourself. And by the way this is the most childish comment i have ever read. Most childish ever!
So in your mind, winning the cops America woukd put Messi in in the greatest ever league? A competition that is lower in ranking than the euro which Ronaldo won. What is the basis of your argument sef? The world cup is the crux if the greatest players.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Coupetarian: 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
Ronaldo is very stupid for trying to play with my intelligence! The truth about this young man is that "If its not all about him then everything is useless" he is not very happy because portugal won, rather because it puts him ahead of others to ballon d'or award. He gave it away because he felt that he is bigger than silver boot. Nonsense!

Your hate for Cristiano Ronaldo is alarming...! whatever he does is bad, its only a fool that will say that ronaldo isn't happy because he didnt play and his team won or he didnt score the winner... Your more stupid for calling ronaldo stupid... Go get a life little brat
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by afroxyz: 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
Lexzytee:

In Argentina Messi never even reach Maradona. Don't compare the two of them when it comes to national teams. Ever!
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
locosis007:
That's team spirit

Most ppl SEE Ronaldo as extremely selfish.

But that's wrong!

Lol, C's ego is bigger than Olympus...

He gave it away because it is silver.

He's very generous though.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by cameeeeel(m): 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
ddippset:
and how do all these put ronaldo into the equation of the 3 greatest footballers ever? He is not in the equation, its pele, maradona, messi. Messi wanted to win copa america to be crowned greatest ever! Ronaldo wanted to win euro to be crowned ballon dor winner 2016. Thats the difference, stop deceiving yourself. And by the way this is the most childish comment i have ever read. Most childish ever!
E pain am... Pls dnt compare messi with Pele nd Maradona.... Both two latter players are recongnised for their outstanding major tournament achievement... which messi is still short of.... No doubt, messi will b d greatest ever if he achieved it.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by zuma4k(m): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
Messi Remains the BEST! Ronaldo will forever be playing catch-up... Sorry he'll never meet up... He's chasing someone he's 2 years older than... I can only wonder what Messi will achieve in 2 years time
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by AKAKAK(m): 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
CR7, the greatest player of my time, your records speak volumes.
Most international goals in a calendar year: 25 (in 2012, shared with Vivian Woodward and Lionel Messi
First footballer to reach 40 goals in a professional league for two consecutive seasons
Only player to score in every minute of an official football game
Only player to win the League title, Domestic Cup, Domestic Supercup, Champions League, Club World Cup, League Player of the Year, Golden Shoe and Ballon d'Or at two different clubs (Manchester United and Real
Only player in the world who has scored in the 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 editions of the European Championship; and in the 2006, 2010 and 2014 editions of the World Cup.
Europe
Most goals scored in European competitions (club football): 96 goals
Most goals scored in the UEFA Champions League: 94 goals
Most goals scored in a UEFA Champions League/European Cup season: 17 goals in 2013–14
Most goals scored in the UEFA Champions League group stage: 11 goals in 2015–16
Most goals scored in UEFA Champions League knockout phase: 42 goals
Most UEFA Champions League goals scored in a calendar year: 15 goals in 2013[m
Only player to score 15 or more UEFA Champions League goals in two different seasons: in 2013–14 and 2015–16
The first player in the history of UEFA Champions League to score three hat-tricks in a single season: in 2015–16[m
Only footballer to have won the European Golden Shoe in two different leagues: English Premier League (2007–08) and Spanish La Liga (2010–11, 2013–14, 2014–15)
Most goals scored in the UEFA European Championship, including qualifying: 29 goals, for Portugal
Most career goals at UEFA European Championship finals: 9 goals, for Portugal (tied with Michel Platini)
Only player to have scored at four UEFA European Championship finals: 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016
Only player to have scored three or above (goals) at more than one UEFA European Championship finals: 3 goals in 2012 and at least 3 goals in 2016
Most headed goals at UEFA European Championship finals: 5
Highest appearance-maker at UEFA European Championship finals: 20 appearances
First player to appear in three UEFA European Championship semi-finals: 2004, 2012, 2016 (Germany's Bastian Schweinsteiger featured in his third last-four clash 24 hours later)
First player to ever score 10 goals in four consecutive UEFA Champions League seasons: 2011–12 to 2014–15
Only player to score for two different winning teams in the European Cup: Manchester United (2007–08) and Real Madrid (2013–14)
Most away goals scored in Champions League history: 42 goals
Most consecutive UEFA Champions League away games scored in: 12
Most wins in the UEFA Champions League Knockout phase: 29 wins
Most braces scored in the UEFA Champions League: 20
Most European Golden Shoe awards: 4
Most UEFA Team of the Year appearances: 10 times
Most consecutive appearances in the UEFA Team of the Year: 9 (2007–2015)
Only player to appear in more than position in the UEFA Team of the Year.
Only player to be among the finalists for all the editions of the UEFA Best Player in Europe Award: 2010–11 to 2014–15
Fastest player to score 350 goals for one club (335 games)
Spain
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nbote(m): 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
Uchexxy:
ignorance is indeed a disease!!! Do u know that after the ucl final, Ronald gifted £600,000 to charity do u also know an ex footballer in Portugal feeds off ronaldo? pls what humanitarian act has your choice player ever done?

Oga I am talking about on d pitch of play with regards to accolades and getting personal achievements. Read my post over and over again. I know most of U fanboys are going to misunderstand my post and turn it into ur usual fanboy wars. Like I said it's his selfishness and big ego ON THE PITCH OF PLAY dat drives and motivates him dats why he always strives to be at d top of his game. Jus read d comment fully and understand what I mean. I'm a soccer fan not a fanboy so whatever they dey in their spare time is up to dem. I'm sure if u look up other players as well outside of the pitch u'll see other sides of dem.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by nifemi007(m): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
no matter how good and unselfish he behaves pple will still criticise him. no matter how good and generous someone is Not everybody will like you
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by cameeeeel(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Frankaka8:
also, Messi has 5world best @ 28yrs, Ronaldo can never beat dat. Messi has Olympics gold, Ronaldo has none, Messi had U20 worldcup medal, Ronaldo has none. Messi is the Best player @ the last World cup(MVP), Ronaldo has none. Messi is still 29yrs, Ronaldo is 31yrs. Messi has (31 silverwares both club n country), Ronaldo has (18 both club and country). I still believe dat #that left foot is way better dan both feet of an athletic cr7#.... ororo be like mourinho, he can act in front of camera (notice me), the Lil wizard is a shy, calm player, and the BEST. (my opinion tho) *a liverpool fan*
so Olympic nd Under 20 are major tournament to this dullard.... Why would messi devastate after the defeat to Chile
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Chivasex: 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
MrJah:
Nice one Dear. OP cross check the mental formula of the Nigga above me..lol

I totally agree with you, that guy must be suffering from too much skunk
Ronaldo is one of the footballers with a good hear and he is very cheerful to.
Good luck to him with the ballon d'or
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Kaycee625(m): 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
hmmm you are so pained, how do you know what his true intentions are?
Am just surprised that such a hateful comment is coming from a 21st century lady
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by safo99(m): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
Really... i have no doubt that lionel messi is a super talented player..and i also think messi is better than ronaldo... but i love ronaldo more... this is a guy that has proven himself in 2 different leagues... this is a guy that has scored 50 plus goals in 6 seasons...consecutively.. i mean those numbers are astonishing... he is very ambitious thats the one thing i love most about him... now u guys are saying he didnt play anything in the final.. he was play acting at the touchlines...blah blah blah... some even said portugal showed they could do without thim...all the goals portugal scored in this tournament.. ronaldo was involved.. against iceland.. he provided an assist...against hungary he provided assist and scored 2... against croatia it was his shot that the keeper saved that allowed quaresma to nod in the goal... against wales he also scored and made an assist..... in the final if we could observe portugal was fruitless in attack... it was eder brilliance and some resolute defending that helped portugal.. u tink if eder had started playing all the matches he would have been providing moments of brilliance like he did for portugal in the final...u guys should give ronaldo a break.. now lets compare portugal team with the argentinean team...argentina has world class players in their ranks... dimaria, aguero, higuain, lavezzi, messi, pastore, dybala, etc.. for this crop of players to not have won anything for their national team.. then i must say its a disgrace.. to me if there was no lionel messi in the argentinean team.. the team will still be very perfect... sometimes even when messi is playing. The team misses player like dimaria... u cant say the same for portugal.. ronaldo is their tallisma.. their main man... without him the team is fruitless in attack... he has single handedly won too many games for portugal... i mean a team doesnot just get to the final... it was his goals and assists and some resolute team display got them there... all the portugal players look up to him like their elder bro..ronaldo once said it before that he had always wanted to win something with the national team.. all u guys saying he is doing all this for ballon d or .. i guess u guys doesnt knw what it means to win something with the national team... thats wat messi has been trying to do for years.. he got frustrated thats y he said he is retiring.. pls give credit to someone when its due. Ronaldo now is a world great

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Damfostopper(m): 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
guess what... Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t give a Bleep about ur ranting.... So u he or she abi na transgender u be..... U can go n french kiss a python or do this

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Spyde(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
go and die away.
How wil some pple be great in ds life if dey appreciate a great person irrespective of d person's character., anyway continue hating cos dats wat is makin him successful day by day

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by miknielz: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
vincet47 i dey ur side
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by esonuu(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
barca fan spotted. u knw wat? Evn if ronaldo feels lyk he's bigger than d boot,he can aswell decide to kip it in his shelve so that his children plus children children wil see tins he achieved..hw many people messi don dash hankerchief let alone boot? Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Damfostopper(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
ddippset:
to u maradona is d greatest wateva.... Hw many ballon d'or did he won,... Hw many champs league did he won..... Blacks n stewpidity.... Just because uve watch a few clips

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Eeroh95(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
the spirit of competition...yes he is bigger than silver boot.... Been trying to win something with Portugal for over 13yrs and now it has come the right time he was gonna win the Ballon, the euro just made sure no doubt about balloon.... So go Bleep yourself... Cr7 complete legend now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Frankaka8(m): 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
cameeeeel:
so Olympic nd Under 20 are major tournament to this dullard.... Why would messi devastate after the defeat to Chile
must you abuse b4 u prove a point sir? "World"tournament is quite concrete Dan "euro" tournament for onlu europeans. If Olympics isn't a mojour tournemnt, what is?? Look deep.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by blezynetym(f): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
I fit slap you now. You are senseless. Wëré Ni ë

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Adeyinka1758(m): 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
Who u be self abi wetin concern u... Kip hating while 4th ballon d'or is loading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Myself2(m): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
Alexk2:
Nice one...
Ronaldo isn't selfish afterall!
Afterall ?
My brother,leave the haters to be hating.Presently in La Liga,there is NO OTHER player that is as generous or pays his tax like Cristiano Ronaldo.I still remember when he bought about 8 brand new Toyota cars as gift to his physiotherapists.
Ororo get swag,he is fashion conscious,not a pretender,not a cheat or convict,plus he pays his.......you know what

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions / Real Madrid Player Salaries 2017-18 (contract Details Revealed) / POOL FIXED ULTIMATE KEY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.