Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,275 members, 7,954,090 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award (52460 Views)

Manchester United Players Deliver Christmas Presents To Children’s Hospitals. / Cristiano Ronaldo Gives His Silver Boot Award To Compatriot #luis Nani / CR7 Gives Nani His Silver Boot Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by dyn1800: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2016
the way most haters sees CR7 e.g (LEDLEY KING)

https://i.imgur.com/84UZdhw.jpg
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Frankaka8(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2016
dekaz:
RUBBISH.......
yea you wish it is rubbish tho...
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
Ronaldo is very stupid for trying to play with my intelligence! The truth about this young man is that "If its not all about him then everything is useless" he is not very happy because portugal won, rather because it puts him ahead of others to ballon d'or award. He gave it away because he felt that he is bigger than silver boot. Nonsense!
hater alert....hater alert...............its not a crime to hate sha.....so kwontinue
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nbote(m): 11:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Stephen344:

The truth is C.ronaldo isn't selfish, he sold two of his golden boots for charity, while your god(messi) doesn't even care if you die besides he not paying tax. Major reason he gave Nani the boot is because He(Ronaldo) wears Nike boots.

Lolzzzzz.. Are u for real? I'm assuming u were jus joking with ur comment otherwise U jus made some really dumb comment there. These kids running around nairaland these days are pretty much clowns. He sold 2 of his golden boots for charity? Gave Nani d boot because he wears Nike? Hahahahahaha.. D boot is not wearable ooo. Don't make those comments outside before u make urself a laughing stock
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Emac(m): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2016
Vincent41:

TWELF (12) CLASIC DIFFERENCE BETWEEN (RONALDO & MESSI).
1, Ronaldo is a model--Messi is not
2, Ronaldo is good on both legs-- Messi is not
3, Ronaldo is good on the air(nodding) --Messi is not
4, Ronaldo has won trophy for his country-- Messi Non
5, Ronaldo has no (TATOO) due to blood donation--Messihas TATOO
6, Ronaldo has won champions league and leagues in two different countries-- Messi only won it with BARCA.
7, Ronaldo is tall--Messi is short.
8, Ronaldo is not a Tax fraudster-- Messi is a tax fraudster.
9, Ronaldo is not prisoner-- Messi is prisoner and ex convict.
10, Ronaldo is philanthropist --- Messi is not.
11, Ronaldo is a more complete footballer-- Messi is not.
12, Ronaldo will never quit or retire because he lost in a final--- Messi quit because he couldn't win three finals.

Uhmmmm mind you the same Ronaldo has Never Won the FIFA under 17, with a Golden boot and also won Gold in the Olympics. .do your home work, Messi has this records to boast of...not even a fan of the duo #TeamManchesterUtd.. #REdDevils #TheatreOfDreams #AlexFergusonStand.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Makom56(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2016
Vincent41:

6, Ronaldo has won champions league and leagues in two different countries-- Messi only won it with BARCA.
12, Ronaldo will never quit or retire because he lost in a final--- Messi quit because he couldn't win three finals.
U re a BIG FOOL
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by ddippset(m): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2016
PAINGAIN:
dude does messi give you part of his earnings? What do you stand to gain by hating on ronaldo unnecessarily? Do messi or ronaldo know who you are?

Na wao for some people. Just look at how you are defending messi as if your life depends on it.
I am a ronaldo fan but i can never talk down on messi. They are both great footballers but i prefer ronaldo because i think that when messi isn't playing for barcelona he looks average to me. Messi is great in barcelona jersey but average in argentina jersey. Ronaldo has played in three different leagues and he's been great in all three. Thats the only reason why i prefer ronaldo to messi but that does'nt mean i will talk down on messi.
Take it easy bro.
average in an argentine jersey? Because higuain failed to store his simple tap in while eder scored a sreamer sreamer? See who claims not to hate Messi! Argentina's all time top scorer? olympic gold winner? Under 20 world cup winner? Olympic player of the tournament? Under 20 world cup best player? Fifa world cup best player? World cup finalist? 3 time copa america finalist? 5 world cup man of the match awards? Average for Argentina? Just because eder did what higuain failed to do? Guy please visit a place where you can check your iq.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by LaExpert: 11:27am On Jul 12, 2016
JoeCutie:
You're too smart. He doesn't accept anything less than the prima, and he certainly does not like to play second fiddle to anyone. Anyone at all! Had he won the Golden Boot, he would not dare to give it out. If his magnanimity is so intoxicating, he should give away one of his 'Golden Boots', 'the pichichi' and or his 'Ballon D'Or'.

Irrespective of this or whatever, he's still a nice person though. I think

Bro, are you aware that Ronaldo has sold his golden boot and donated the proceeds to charity on more than one occasion?

What's the fuss over giving a teammate a silver boot?

The same man you said doesn't play second fiddle has about 4 2nd place balon d or awards...why not just stop the hate and appreciate the good deeds?
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by karleone(m): 11:30am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
Ronaldo is very stupid for trying to play with my intelligence! The truth about this young man is that "If its not all about him then everything is useless" he is not very happy because portugal won, rather because it puts him ahead of others to ballon d'or award. He gave it away because he felt that he is bigger than silver boot. Nonsense!

As long as you wrote your mind, it's no problem. If you said it was C Ronaldo that told you, it would have been an issue.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 12, 2016
Hmmmm,I can see that NL has got a lot of chief judge's(without acquiring a law degree) on here. In the first place what qualifies you to judge an individual? Do any of you walk in their shoe's? All your thoughts are just mere assumptions. For the fact that Cr7 comes across as a proud person on the field of play. That doesn't mean that he is like that off the football field. And also same goes for Messi, for the fact that he comes across as gentle on the football field that doesn't also translate into off the field humility. I am happy that Ronaldo won the euros with Portugal but that also does not take away my respect for Messi as he as also won some important trophies for his country even if it were at junior level (with all due respect to those that say he hasn't won any trophy for his country).So why should we be causing unnecessary enmity amongst our selves as regards Ronaldo and Messi then? There's no man without pride.... You only suppress your pride.
#FROM A NEUTRALS PERSPECTIVE
#proudlyCFCfan2007-

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by dekaz(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2016
Emac:

Uhmmmm mind you the same Ronaldo has Never Won the FIFA under 17, with a Golden boot and also won Gold in the Olympics. .do your home work, Messi has this records to boast of...not even a fan of the duo #TeamManchesterUtd.. #REdDevils #TheatreOfDreams #AlexFergusonStand.
plenty fifa under 17 triumph dey IYANAOWORO go and ask KABIRU ALAWUSA he will tell you he has under 17 at home

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by richylee(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
For your dirty mind. #Badbelle
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 12, 2016
goldfish80:
…Can we please stop this fawning over the drama
queen that is Ronaldo.
He was an embarrassment the other night during the
game. What sort of leader leaves the pitch the way
he did, his tears was like he was telling his team
mates that now I’m injured you lot have no chance.
The pained expression, the endless tears, the
covering his face, the need for a stretcher when he
could have hobbled off.

Once Ronaldo could sense that the team might
have a chance of winning he joins the manager on
the touchline and starts thinking he’s Sir Alex
Ferguson. Give me a break. I also noticed he put
the captain’s armband back on just in case we
didn’t realise it was the captain that lifted the
trophy.
What a melodramatic idiat.

Nawa for u bro.
I dae wonder how some people dae reason,,,,,So u tink say he dae cry because of dat??
Being a fan of an athlete no mean u go hate on his rival,,,,Ronaldo no be d only person wey cry cos of injury,,,its pains dat u start a fight but unable to finish cos of injury or booking,,,,,,

Neymar cried wen he was injured against Colombia in world cup 2014
Diego costa cried wen injured against real Madrid in UCL 2014 final
Last two months,, dani carvajal cried alsowen injured in UCL against atl.Madrid ,,,,,dats how it is

U said he wore armband to lift d trophy huh,,, john terry didnt play in UCL final against Bayern 2012, still he lift d trophy ....dats football for u bro.

Remember I like messi and Ronaldo but they don't drive me crazy

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by celestine2015: 11:42am On Jul 12, 2016
Pple are jealous of CR7, that's y they don't see anything gud in whatever he does. He has a contract wit NIKE; meaning all his outfits wil be Nike. Now, dis boot is Adidas.. If he wears it, Nike wil sue him. D only thing he can do is to give it out.. So, giving it to Nani wil be helpful to him(Nani). Instead of keeping it to himself... *CR7#
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nbote(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

Yes. Someone that donates blood and gives a large percent of his earnings to charity is selfish.

People never cease to amaze.

Oga don't get me wrong, I meant on the soccer pitch ooo. Any other thing dey do with their personal life is their business. Wen it comes to personal achievements in relation to soccer, yes.

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Owobobrown(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2016
JoeCutie:
Bros!!! If it was a golden boot, Ronaldo would not have given it away. He doesn't accept second. Never!

How many of his teammates - both club and country - has he ever given any of his many golden boots or ballon d'or? He is Ronaldo, he doesn't keep anything less than the best/first in his cabinet. No be today, na so he be. He's still a nice guy though
bro he sold is golden boot 4 years ago
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by KosiKinq(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2016
MrJah:
Nice one Dear. OP cross check the mental formula of the Nigga above me..lol

Just checked it....the formula no fit solve anything.....

Haterz everywhere....!
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by KosiKinq(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2016
Nbote:

Lolzzzzz.. Are u for real? I'm assuming u were jus joking with ur comment otherwise U jus made some really dumb comment there. These kids running around nairaland these days are pretty much clowns. He sold 2 of his golden boots for charity? Gave Nani d boot because he wears Nike? Hahahahahaha.. D boot is not wearable ooo. Don't make those comments outside before u make urself a laughing stock

Men...lyk seriouzly your problem is biqqer than u!

Your talk no just make sense...u just dey yan potopoto
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by JoeCutie(m): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Owobobrown:
bro he sold is golden boot 4 years ago
He sold? And not give away? What are we saying! He gave this one away because it's 'silver' boot. Why did he sell that one and not dash it out like this one? You seem to be very staunch in your defense of him, it's cool though, but we have to be very realistic here.

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by asatemple(f): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
gocac:
continue drinking. Paracetamol for another person's headache. He should even do more because, no one believed they would have played any thing after Payet deliberately injured him. Guy, river niger no get gate
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Owobobrown(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
JoeCutie:
He sold? And not give away? What are we saying! He gave this one away because it's 'silver' boot. Why did he sell that one and not dash it out like this one? You seem to be very staunch in your defense of him, it's cool though, but we have to be very realistic here.
http://www.footballtarget.com/cristiano-ronaldo-donated-his-golden-boot-worth-e1-5-million/
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by smite(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
Vincent41:

why are you people like this? everything thing is about comparing Messi and Ronaldo. why pull Messi's name into this topic?
besides some of your comparisons is wack.
Messi is short....nah him create himself?
Messi is not a philanthropist? you follow am reach house? you think everyone who give do so in front of cameras.

Anyway, Ronaldo is this, that and everything, but Messi (even with all his inferior qualities you listed) first your almighty Ronaldo to win the World best player 5 times. enuf said!
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nbote(m): 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
KosiKinq:

Men...lyk seriouzly your problem is biqqer than u!

Your talk no just make sense...u just dey yan potopoto

Wait like seriously u actually think because it's called a golden boot, players can wear it? lolzzz
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by JoeCutie(m): 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
LaExpert:

Bro, are you aware that Ronaldo has sold his golden boot and donated the proceeds to charity on more than one occasion?

What's the fuss over giving a teammate a silver boot?

The same man you said doesn't play second fiddle has about 4 2nd place balon d or awards...why not just stop the hate and appreciate the good deeds?
First off, I'll never hate on Ronaldo. I like the man for his efforts and his focus. I admire his drive too, and I think he's a good man.

Secondly, many of them, the whites - footballers, musicians, politicians, business men/women - give to charity. That's how they are. It's almost part of their culture. So it's not just Ronaldo. Many of them have even given to charity more than Cristiano.

Finally, coming 2nd in the race for the ballon d'or does not go with any trophy. They'd just give all the three players something to say 'Congratulations', but there's nothing like the 'Silver Ball' like the 'Golden Ball'. So, second position in the ballon d'or is almost like a title - a recognition - which you cannot 'give away', if not, Ronaldo would give them away

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by LaExpert: 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
JoeCutie:
First off, I'll never hate on Ronaldo. I like the man for his efforts and his focus. I admire his drive too, and I think he's a good man.

Secondly, many of them, the whites - footballers, musicians, politicians, business men/women - give to charity. That's how they are. It's almost part of their culture. So it's not just Ronaldo. Many of them have even given to charity more than Cristiano.

Finally, coming 2nd in the race for the ballon d'or does not go with any trophy. They'd just give all the three players something to say 'Congratulations', but there's nothing like the 'Silver Ball' like the 'Golden Ball'. So, second position in the ballon d'or is almost like a title - a recognition - which you cannot 'give away', if not, Ronaldo would give them away

Many people that give to charity are not branded 'selfish' and only wanting the 'prima.'

Many folks on this thread refuse to acknowledge this man's glaring kind gestures, they can only create a selfish picture of him in their own minds.

As regards your last point, there's an award that goes to the runners up of the balon d or, just like there's an award for the runners up of the goalscorers of the Euro...if he only wants the prima as you said, he'll have given away his 2nd place balon d or awards too.

The fact that he gave away the physical award does not change the fact that his name will be in the books as the winner...so, why the fuss?

...besides, are you aware that holding on to that boot award may be a breach to his contractual agreement with Nike?
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by horlareey(m): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
goldfish80:
…Can we please stop this fawning over the drama
queen that is Ronaldo.
He was an embarrassment the other night during the
game. What sort of leader leaves the pitch the way
he did, his tears was like he was telling his team
mates that now I’m injured you lot have no chance.
The pained expression, the endless tears, the
covering his face, the need for a stretcher when he
could have hobbled off.

Once Ronaldo could sense that the team might
have a chance of winning he joins the manager on
the touchline and starts thinking he’s Sir Alex
Ferguson. Give me a break. I also noticed he put
the captain’s armband back on just in case we
didn’t realise it was the captain that lifted the
trophy.
What a melodramatic idiat.
Na wah for you oo...your own ignorance get levels...
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Very funny gift... So Nani is now the silver boot winner
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by LaExpert: 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
JoeCutie:

The selling is as good as dashing it out nau...

After all, he did not keep the proceeds.

Of what use is a golden boot to a country affected by earthquake? What they need is the proceeds.

You need to be realistic and objective.
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Rasque1759(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
so you can't accept when you come second in whatever you do again huhn? you need to accept whatever faith brings to you..you ain't even happy you have what others don't have...
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Vincent41:

i wonder why una too dey vex...i suspect u na muslim...chaiiii..we are really in Trouble in dis expire nation..lozz..Him go soon call me IPOD
You are very stupid for this your comment
Re: Ronaldo Presents To Nani His Silver Boot Award by goldfish80(m): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tinydick:

Nawa for u bro.
I dae wonder how some people dae reason,,,,,So u tink say he dae cry because of dat??
Being a fan of an athlete no mean u go hate on his rival,,,,Ronaldo no be d only person wey cry cos of injury,,,its pains dat u start a fight but unable to finish cos of injury or booking,,,,,,

Neymar cried wen he was injured against Colombia in world cup 2014
Diego costa cried wen injured against real Madrid in UCL 2014 final
Last two months,, dani carvajal cried alsowen injured in UCL against atl.Madrid ,,,,,dats how it is

U said he wore armband to lift d trophy huh,,, john terry didnt play in UCL final against Bayern 2012, still he lift d trophy ....dats football for u bro.

Remember I like messi and Ronaldo but they don't drive me crazy

Ronaldo is a drama queen. If you're honest with yourself you will admit that much. Did Roy Keane cry like baby when he was booked during the Champions League semi-final? Anotherexample (I’m sure there are loads) was Gerrard breaking a bone in his foot against Manchester Utd, as he was hobbling off he was punching his fist into his other open hand indicating to the other players to go on and win the match without him.

Ronaldo gets injured. It looks like a genuinely a
bad one. He gets treatment, walks off the pitch
and then decides to play on. Fine, nothing to see
here. After another five minutes where he is clearly
mobile enough to run into the penalty area and
challenge for a header, he signals to the bench to
be substituted and commences approximately 110
mins of obscene narcissism.
After showing how mobile he is just seconds before,
he decides he needs to sit in the middle of the
pitch and requires a stretcher to aid him from it. A
nice couple of minutes being center of attention
with the World’s cameras pointed at him. For the
rest of normal time there was clearly not many
opportunities for him to preen himself in front of the
lenses, but as soon as the 90min whistle was blown
and the cameras focused on the huddled teams,
he grabbed the opportunity to make himself seen
again. Moving between each and every player
and giving them a morale-boosting word in their
ears – the same ears that he has screamed into all
tournament when they have not passed to him or
had the audacity to make a mistake. During extra
time, the man that required four people to carry
him from the field replaced Fernando Santos as
manager and jumped and shouted his way around
the technical area (I don’t recall any player, ever,
doing something similar). If you can read lips then
you’ll know he was shouting “LOOK AT ME! LOOK
AT ME!” (in Portuguese, obviously).

Ronlado is an awesome player but an absolute pr!ck of a man. He succeeded in making the whole show like it was Ronaldo Vs France. Pathetic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's ₦6.5b Bugatti:9 Things You Could Buy With The Price Tag / What Are T'he Major Codes For Bet9ja And The Likes! / Okocha Welcomes Lionel Messi To PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.