Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

What Kind Of Democracy Is This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Kind Of Democracy Is This? (1115 Views)

Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope / Face Of Democracy, Jennifer Ohia Unveils Book On Jonathan's Administration / I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Democracy Is This? by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 03, 2006
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200612034362620

Assassins trying to kill 5 politicians on Saturday but they didn't succeed even though 1 policeman lost his life. How can Ekiti people sit back and let this happen? Get up and protest, if you sit back then nothing is going to change.
Re: What Kind Of Democracy Is This? by Easyy(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2006
If we continue at this rate, the country will be burning in 10 years' time.

Our mentality and mindset is not made for what we seem to be intent on practising. We need a re-orientation before we practise certain forms of government
Re: What Kind Of Democracy Is This? by globalaid(m): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2006
It is only in my father`s country all those things can happen, when the people that suppose to know are not doing anything, the kind of democracy we are practising is cho chop democracy, it has been hijacked by the good for nothing people, and when those at the helms of leadership are not also setting good example, what do we expect. My heart only bleeds for my motherland.

(1) (Reply)

Intellectuals In Nairaland / Is Obasanjo Corrupt? / Yaradua Is Not Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.