Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Photos Of My Tomato Garden - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Photos Of My Tomato Garden (42581 Views)

Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / My Tomato/pepper Experimental Garden / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by An0nimus: 12:36am On Aug 05, 2016
Kizyte:
It is to ensure that tomatoes do not fall on the ground when they start producing. It enables you pick clean ripe tomatoes while they are hanging.

See me thinking it's to get the plants all growing in a straight line

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by ishaqteejay(m): 4:00am On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=augster post=47506853]Op, some procedures like fertilizer application, soil used, how often do you water and please the link to the seeds on aliexpress. In the meantime, lemme invite some people
cc vanpeele, ishaqteejay, EMMAACHILE[/quoteman keep it up just.that's really great,we are following,I just checked my mentions,hoping to see more of our pics
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
An0nimus:

Thank God you asked grin
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=ishaqteejay post=48199782][/quote]Alright, thanks cool
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by badmussy(m): 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nice work there.
Please, is there any reason why you are not pruning your plant?
It helps increase yield significantly.
Cheers
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 9:31am On Aug 06, 2016
badmussy:
Nice work there.
Cheers
Thanks, you're right. I know about pruning but I just have no reason for not doing so. You can't believe I counted over 45 flowers on a single plant even without pruning.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by 9free(m): 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
Kizyte:
Thanks, you're right. I know about pruning but I just have no reason for not doing so. You can't believe I counted over 45 flowers on a single plant even without pruning.
My Brother the rate which you buy tomatoes seeds from China others go see am buy so?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2016
9free:

My Brother the rate which you buy tomatoes seeds from China others go see am buy so?
Funny!
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:51am On Aug 07, 2016
Oh! How I love this.....op pls did u apply fertilizer on the other earth in those containers?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
Oh! How I love this.....op pls did u apply fertilizer on the other earth in those containers?
Not at all, only used fertile soil.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Shigoboy(m): 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
Kizyte:
Haven't applied fertilizer yet. Make sure you use a very fertile soil (preferably black soil and not sticky). Water when soil becomes less moistened; watering once a day is OK since we are in rainy season.

Below is the store I bought the seeds from:

100 PCS big cherry tomato tree seeds italy new tomato seeds NO-GMO fruit and vegetable seeds for home garden planting
http://s.aliexpress.com/biqayiiu
(from AliExpress Android)

You can visit store home for more varieties
What planting media did you use?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
Shigoboy:

What planting media did you use?
Could you break down your question sir?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2016
9th August: Level 4/5 stakes in progress

Tomatoes already producing

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
10th August: Level 4/5 stakes completed

Expecting over 40 fruits per plant

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by rabzy: 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
badmussy:
Nice work there.
Cheers

Pruning is generally done in garden farming where resources in the soil are scarce or have to be provided by the gardener but for large scale or farm tomatoes pruning would be time consuming and may even reduce yield.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 6:52am On Aug 12, 2016
An0nimus:

It's also part of the staking though.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Praiseson: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2016
@Kizyte, this is to say kudos to you and that l am learning seriously from your practical/pictoral presentation o f your farm. Pls keep it up on daily basis because l intend to start small too and moreover, pls l made order on AliExpress but yet to receive debit alert to my account since two days ago, pls what are the procedures.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by utijerry: 11:26am On Aug 12, 2016
Great farm you have here, is your tomato plant determinate or indeterminate, cause it says tree tomato seeds, i assumed you would stalk it upwards instead of sideways, pardon my ignorance grin
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
Praiseson:
@Kizyte, this is to say kudos to you and that l am learning seriously from your practical/pictoral presentation o f your farm. Pls keep it up on daily basis because l intend to start small too and moreover, pls l made order on AliExpress but yet to receive debit alert to my account since two days ago, pls what are the procedures.
You're on the right track bro. The alert is usually delayed. You'll receive the payment notification from your bank in couple of days.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by GlorytoGod: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
Great work bro! By the way,what magic have you been performing on the weed or are they just too afraid to compete with those beautiful tomatoes?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
utijerry:
Great farm you have here, is your tomato plant determinate or indeterminate, cause it says tree tomato seeds, i assumed you would stalk it upwards instead of sideways, pardon my ignorance grin
I'm actually yet to plant the tree tomato seeds, the seeds I planted are Greek and Italian tomatoes. I'll plant the Italian Tree Tomatoes next season.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
GlorytoGod:
Great work bro! By the way,what magic have you been performing on the weed or are they just too afraid to compete with those beautiful tomatoes?
I used no magic. It might be because of the way the soil was prepared or because the plants are growing faster than expected. smiley
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Praiseson: 11:12am On Aug 13, 2016
@Kizyte, l used my office address for my order, please l want to know if they will bring it to my office or post office, moreso, how do l know when the item arrived? Thanks
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by nwabuwa: 11:26am On Aug 13, 2016
Weldone sir, hope it is not late to plant
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Praiseson:
@Kizyte, l used my office address for my order, please l want to know if they will bring it to my office or post office, moreso, how do l know when the item arrived? Thanks
It's important you track your item using a tracking ID provided by the seller after you placed your order (this will enable you monitor everything about your item including when it arrives your country of choice) with your track ID, track at www.trackitonline.ru

Pick up your item from NIPOST nearest to your office if item is not delivered to you.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
nwabuwa:
Weldone sir, hope it is not late to plant
It's not too late to plant sir!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Arvinkris(m): 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Pruning is removing excess foliag, if done properly, it increases yield by channeling energy n nutrients to fruit formation rather foliage formation.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
14th August: The Fruit

It's exactly a month and three weeks after planting tomato seeds and they're already producing fresh looking fruits.

different fruits for different specie planted...

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
More photos

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Ezinwa25(f): 2:10am On Aug 15, 2016
Kizyte:
28th July: Level 2 stake completed

Tomatoes doing great. smiley

wooow so hreat

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Ezinwa25(f): 2:11am On Aug 15, 2016
Kizyte:
28th July: Level 2 stake completed

Tomatoes doing great. smiley

wooow so great

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by lanre2009: 2:18am On Aug 15, 2016
Congrats bro...

Kizyte:
More photos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pandagric Novum Farms: Largest Maize Farm In Nigeria / See This Baby Antelope My Brother Caught / Some Success Stories; My Chilli Pepper And Tomato Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.