Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Photos Of My Tomato Garden - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Photos Of My Tomato Garden (42661 Views)

Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / My Tomato/pepper Experimental Garden / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Nnystc: 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2016
Got them from Sprouts in the US.
But any one purchased from the mallams selling salad things also works.

Ifedayour007:

Please where did you get the green beans seed?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by REUBEN010(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
Nnystc:
Got them from Sprouts in the US.
But any one purchased from the mallams selling salad things also works.

Those from the mallams was supposedly harvested as vegetables (not physiologically matured) hence, may not be suitable as seeds for propagation.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by nwabuwa: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
My tomatoes arrived today from aliexpress after 15days...though still busy setting up my poultry,hope I do have time to plant..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
nwabuwa:
My tomatoes arrived today from aliexpress after 15days...though still busy setting up my poultry,hope I do have time to plant..
That's good to know bro! Wish you success!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by lanre2009: 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
That is pretty fast. Mine arrived after 30 days.

nwabuwa:

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by nwabuwa: 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
Faster than I expected.. Can it be planted directly without the use of nursery..
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by lanre2009: 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
You will need to plant in a nursery, it can only be planted directly if you are planting in a greenhouse...

nwabuwa:
Faster than I expected.. Can it be planted directly without the use of nursery..

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Ajusshi: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
lanre2009:
You will need to plant in a nursery, it can only be planted directly if you are planting in a greenhouse...

Hehe! So e no go germinate if dem plant am direct?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Ajusshi: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
nwabuwa:
Mazi, do you nursery quickly and transplat at Sept ending so you will get Xmas tomato for moma.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by heatflux: 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
nwabuwa:
questions
Where you actually around when the courier arrived? Trying to know if someone must be present in person to receive it or not.
And do they require any form of ID b4 dropping it? Thanks
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by lanre2009: 2:55am On Sep 04, 2016
Someone needs to be around to receive it. I was called on the phone when my seeds was brought to my house by the guy from the post office. You can arrange for a neighbour to receive on your behalf. They wont request for any id. Cheers.

heatflux:
questions
Where you actually around when the courier arrived? Trying to know if someone must be present in person to receive it or not.
And do they require any form of ID b4 dropping it? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by nwabuwa: 5:48am On Sep 04, 2016
lanre2009:
Someone needs to be around to receive it. I was called on the phone when my seeds was brought to my house by the guy from the post office. You can arrange for a neighbour to receive on your behalf. They wont request for any id. Cheers.

Nice reply, mine arrived at the nearest post office to my address, the post office woman called me for pick. She requested money the call for which I gave her #100..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by lanre2009: 8:10am On Sep 04, 2016
The guy from the post office also requested for money for recharge card, i gave him N200.00 naira.....lol

nwabuwa:

Nice reply, mine arrived at the nearest post office to my address, the post office woman called me for pick. She requested money the call for which I gave her #100..
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by enomakos(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2016
nwabuwa:
how much did you pay in naira?and how many seed are there?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by enomakos(m): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2016
lanre2009:
That is pretty fast. Mine arrived after 30 days.

how much did you pay in naira?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by lanre2009: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2016
ι υѕed мy deвιт card ғor payмenт ( ι waѕ deвιтed $0.20, тнaт'ѕ approхιмaтely 80 naιra вaѕed on an eхcнange raтe oғ $1 = 400 naιra.). a pacĸ conтaιnѕ 100 ѕeedѕ.

enomakos:
how much did you pay in naira?

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by enomakos(m): 3:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
lanre2009:
ι υѕed мy deвιт card ғor payмenт ( ι waѕ deвιтed $0.20, тнaт'ѕ approхιмaтely 80 naιra вaѕed on an eхcнange raтe oғ $1 = 400 naιra.). a pacĸ conтaιnѕ 100 ѕeedѕ.

thanks bro
which means 10packs with 500 seeds is just 800?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by lanre2009: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
10 packs will have 1000 seeds (1 pack has 100 seeds) and yes it will be approximately N800.00

enomakos:
thanks bro
which means 10packs with 500 seeds is just 800?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by enomakos(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
lanre2009:
10 packs will have 1000 seeds (1 pack has 100 seeds) and yes it will be approximately N800.00

thanks bro
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by lanre2009: 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
Its been a while we saw an update from you....hope the tomatoes are still doing great...

Kizyte:
22nd August: Application of Fertilizers

I noticed the lower leaves of my tomatoes were becoming yellowish due to nutrient deficiency from the soil, so I decided to apply the suitable fertilizers.

Note: The yellow leaves do not affect the fruits, tomatoes are growing bigger and fresh everyday. kiss
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by esty27: 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
i just ordered for my tomato seedlings too.i am interested in planting too.u are doing a great job op.i am already into ugwu farming
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 12:30am On Sep 06, 2016
lanre2009:
Its been a while we saw an update from you....hope the tomatoes are still doing great...

Yeah, waiting for harvest, photos will be uploaded soon cool
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 12:31am On Sep 06, 2016
esty27:
i just ordered for my tomato seedlings too.i am interested in planting too.u are doing a great job op.i am already into ugwu farming
That's good bro, keep it up!
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by bizz(m): 2:27am On Sep 06, 2016
Neat tomato farm
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by nwabuwa: 2:40am On Sep 06, 2016
esty27:
Pic of ur ugwu farm please,is it sack or normal farm land..
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Ezinwa25(f): 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
Kizyte:
Yeah, waiting for harvest, photos will be uploaded soon cool

please do ooo
am anxiously waiting
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by MrUtech: 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
I ordered a tomato seedling from Aliexpress, how can I track it down. I reside in Aba, Abia state S. E Nigeria and I don't have a postal code number , please am in desperate need of an answer
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ezinwa25:

please do ooo
am anxiously waiting
No problem, the fruits are getting bigger than I expected.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 10:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
bizz:
Neat tomato farm
Thanks
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
MrUtech:
I ordered a tomato seedling from Aliexpress, how can I track it down. I reside in Aba, Abia state S. E Nigeria and I don't have a postal code number , please am in desperate need of an answer
Visit my other post from the link below and get all the answers that you need:

https://www.nairaland.com/3252918/simple-steps-how-import-china
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by MrUtech: 7:26am On Sep 07, 2016
Kizyte:
Visit my other post from the link below and get all the answers that you need:

https://www.nairaland.com/3252918/simple-steps-how-import-china
Thanks bro, you seem to be the most humble guy here. God bless your hustle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Little Backyard Farm / Some Success Stories; My Chilli Pepper And Tomato Farming / My Trap Caught A Bush Rat, Let Me Teach You How To Make Bush Rat Soup!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.