Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,428 members, 7,815,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? (58750 Views)

Dangote Gives N500,000,000 To Kano Market Fire Disaster Victims (Photo) / I Have 500k Cash. What Business Should I Invest In? / N3million Naira, What Business Profitable Business Can It Float? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by phetty(m): 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
500k might not be a good starting capital for most businesses in Nigeria right now considering the expenses you would incur as a result of our current level of CPI (inflation rate). And also as a start up, don't expect you will start making money from the wake of your business.

So I would advice you invest the money in Fixed Income Securities (not bank fixed account o). They are almost risk free.

1 Like

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Prechy08(m): 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kenville:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please i need insightful responses that will help me make a good choice of what to do! I have never tried any business all my life tho! So kindly give your suggestions. You can give details too about the business.

You can do alot with that, i started my mini importation business with 50k with direction and being focussed the story changed. If you are serious and for real contact me, you dont even needs to invest all, just bit by bit and you take it from there.
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Organs(m): 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
PUSIDRILA:

My Guy, Rent a three bedroom flat near Ring Road.

Put one babe in each room.

Use the Siting Room for Beer Parlour.

Each babe charges 2k per round.

If Each babe lays ten men per night that means you make 20k per babe and 60k per nite for the three babes.

........So now we have 60k per nite multiplied by 26 days in a month equals to 1.3 million naira per month.

Bros your own don better O grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

NOTE: Actually women/girls/ladies are actually abused like this daily in Nigeria and if you think its funny, it is not. This is a pain that most girls/women, families are going through. Also be careful what you say, joke about and think cos more often than not it can come back to haunt you or your sister, daughter etc.

1 Like

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
go & understudy someone before committing your cash to anything. Food,agriculture or daily needs should be your area of interest

2 Likes

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by bejick(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
PUSIDRILA:

If Each babe lays ten men per night that means you make 20k per babe and 60k per nite for the three babes.

........So now we have 60k per nite multiplied by 26 days in a month equals to 1.3 million naira per month.

where did seun gather all this clown from. I know say you own beer parlor is moving well too. your own go don better tey tey grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Pepuscutie270(f): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
harrysjones:
bro u can be a merchant in jumia and earn more

is that possible? sincerely don't understand jumia and its affiliate programs or maybe I need someone to put me through, pls can you contact me via email let's talk?

1 Like

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by SafeAlhaji(m): 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
mhisbliss:
Op you can go into importation of stuffs like laptops, phones, bikes, fridge its very profitable and theres high patronage, start small and grow bigger

You can start a nice poultry and fishery farm in a rural area where land is cheap and find a stable market for your products in the town

You can open a nice bar in a strategic easily accessible spot, its entertainment and refreshing so people must come

My ten cents
ypu m you make sense jae
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by mhisbliss(f): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
SafeAlhaji:
ypu m you make sense jae
thank you

1 Like

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by lailo: 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
U dnt deserve dat money in d first place if u dnt know what to do with it.Person wey get head no get cap.
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Girl008: 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
Have you heard of Fast track? Since you are in Benin, you are luck.Attend a business opportunity training this sun,17th July 2016 @Vichi gate hotels & suites,16 ihama road,GRA by aideyan junction at 3pm(no african time as gate closes after 20mins). There would be other people like you at the venue.This opportunity won't be available next week. If you like what you see afterwards, contact me on citalia_008@yahoo.com as i am currently in lagos and won't be there personally
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by jackie35(m): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kenville:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please i need insightful responses that will help me make a good choice of what to do! I have never tried any business all my life tho! So kindly give your suggestions. You can give details too about the business.

N500,000.00 is something you can use to make yourself yourself. How?
Get an ice block making machine, fairly* used Generator, mobile means probably Okada.

o guy start something.
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Charly68: 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2016
Start dry cleaning and laundry business you will flourish with time. Take it to the corporate level ..visit bankers to collect their suits & good offices to collect their clothing and do the job neatly and give them service charges as well. Once you are known,your turnover become steady .

2 Likes

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by wolexter(m): 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
My candid advice: dont rush into doing just anything with the money for now. Rather put the money in an interest yielding account i.e fixed deposit in a strong bank or invest in treasury bill while you you go through some thought processes on what best to invest in.
The fact somebody succeeded in a business is not a guarantee you will; passion, knowledge and opportunity are key for success in any business venture . In clearer terms the choice of what you invest in would depend on what you know how to do,what you have passion for and what opportunities are available in your location.
For knowledge, this is in 2 phases- knowledge of how to do that particular thing i.e the skill, and knowledge of how to succeed at that particular line of business. They are 2 different things. The first could come naturally as a talent or you could take up a training to learn. The second knowledge is gotten through a mentor or from experience.

You must also ensure you develop passion for such business else you wouldn't be able to persevere enough to grow it into success.

Lastly, look around you for a need you can meet in your immediate location, learn from somebody who has succeeded meeting such need and apply wisely.

2 Likes

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Topestbilly(m): 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
yomz1e:
JOIN The newbreed MUGU's on MMM!!!

U jus break my heart brother.. I hav some from who ar getting their 30% already, is dat stuff fake? And what's ur view on it? cos I'm contemplating whether I should invest or not.
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Cupidkc(m): 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
snowbaby:
Over time I have seen That the reason small businesses failed is because of going to business as a get rich quick scheme

When you decide on the business you want to do pm me so i can help you write your business plan. Its free ooo

Excuse my errors, thanks.

Hi. Think I might need your assistance and brain storming on some business plans. Please check your PM, let's take it up from there.
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by nathdim: 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
PUSIDRILA:

how would you feel if those babes were your sisters
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Godside: 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
wolexter:
My candid advice: dont rush into doing just anything with the money for now. Rather put the money in an interest yielding account i.e fixed deposit in a strong bank or invest in treasury bill while you you go through some thought processes on what best to invest in.
The fact somebody succeeded in a business is not a guarantee you will; passion, knowledge and opportunity are key for success in any business venture . In clearer terms the choice of what you invest in would depend on what you know how to do,what you have passion for and what opportunities are available in your location.
For knowledge, this is in 2 phases- knowledge of how to do that particular thing i.e the skill, and knowledge of how to succeed at that particular line of business. They are 2 different things. The first could come naturally as a talent or you could take up a training to learn. The second knowledge is gotten through a mentor or from experience.

You must also ensure you develop passion for such business else you wouldn't be able to persevere enough to grow it into success.

Lastly, look around you for a need you can meet in your immediate location, learn from somebody who has succeeded meeting such need and apply wisely.

You are right cuz during and after my service year u had to invest my money with Treasury bill cuz I was not sure of the business I want to do .
l later withdraw my money which I use to invest in Recharge card business. My brother there is money in recharge card , people will tell you no gain and they are making it . As for me , am not looking for any job o ,except the job will look for me cuz am enjoying the business . I started last year May and happy with want I have and that is still coming . People must load card now , its a must ........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Janelstan: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
Catastrophe1:
op if you value your cash dont try agro whatever business. all this shouting agro agro business how many of them are into the business? the economy in Nigeria now will not allow ur business grow.
personally I suggest u export local food stuffs to african countries expecially the west African countries. very lucrative business.
can u send me a mail stanokos014@gmail. Com so we can talk more on the food export. Thanks
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Tundenoni(m): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
IMASTEX:
Agro-Business is not a bad idea. I am into snail farming and other businesses. If you are patience, dedicated, focus and interested I can put you through. I have a farm in Benin City. Chat me up on WhatsApp.

Meanwhile, ensure you do a proper market survey before getting into any business. Beware of fraudsters as well.
Please Bro, I'm interested in the snail farming. message me on WhatsApp 08077752096
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
kchaste:

I ll advice you go into livestock farming. I live in Benin city too. Contact me if u are interested. I will teach you the basics or introduce u to people in same line of business.
Hi. I'm in p.h but I would like to know a bit more than livestock farming. Budget 250k
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Icecream4U(m): 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
Start babalawo business and thank me later.
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by yomz1e(m): 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Bro,
life is all a risk and its how brave you are! my madam has just being coerced into by a friend it and she has mugunly joined and I told her not to come and wail to me when she gets burned or na backhand interest she will receive on her face ( grin ;Djokes)! back to the point i can assure you is that its paying people now and it only takes one bad apple to spoil the rest so it won't end well for some people in tscam! so if you going to risk it, do it with money you wont cry over if $hit happens!

Topestbilly:

U jus break my heart brother.. I hav some from who ar getting their 30% already, is dat stuff fake? And what's ur view on it? cos I'm contemplating whether I should invest or not.

1 Like

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
enkay2go:
fish farming.
hi NK. Are u into fish farming? What did u eventually go into with your 250k?
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by wealthgro(m): 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
If I were you, I will seek a reliable Network Marketing company, and divide the money into two. I will use the first half to partner with the company. This will give me products in return. So, technically speaking, I got value for my money. I will now be ready to learn how the system works by attending the trainings and seminars. I will give three months for this learning. Remember I said a reliable Network Marketing company. I would have done my research to find out about this particular one. What qualifies the company as reliable? 1. The company must have a great, effective, highly potent products that are mass-appealing to the population. 2. I will seek a company that has distributor-friendly marketing plan, not those that will purnish me for not hounding products around. 3. A reliable Network Marketing company must be ready to give great business education with a good management. Now, I will be ready to be trained within the three months to use the products I got by selling, sharing and get my business going. I still have half of my investment money to take care of exigencies while learning my home based business. I can then leverage on the results to start small and grow my business. This is what I will like to venture to if I have N500k to invest especially since I have no past experience in business, the training and ability to follow the company system will help me to secure my investment. This is the option I will follow if I were you. It is my personal opinion.
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Teechawa: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
lailo:
U dnt deserve dat money in d first place if u dnt know what to do with it.Person wey get head no get cap.

This comment is very unfair. He needs help and asked. Yoruba elders say abere ono ki si na!
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
Wow.. Most helpful post. Are u on bbm? I have a smaller budget but I think there are a couple of ideas here I can work with. I'd like to take u up on ur offer if u don't mind
snowbaby:
Over time I have seen That the reason small businesses failed is because of going to business as a get rich quick scheme
Firstly whatever business you decide to do eventually, ensure you learn the vocational/technical aspect, then further go for entrepreneur training i.e ( book keeping, creative thinking, writing a business plan, business ethics, decision making, value chain e.t.c) this exposes your mind and let you understand the reality of what you want to get into.

Secondly, having a business plan is very important, this enables you to know your target market and the means of reaching out to them among other things.

Thirdly, know that the journey wont be easy and you might feel like giving up, don't worry it ll eventually gets better, also make sure the business you want to engage in is meeting a need, or check the business valuechain and see how you can add value to it, Gods best

Check out the list below from business supported by BOI
1. Adire (Tie and Dye)/Aso Oke
2. Animal Feeds
3. Aquaculture
4. Bakery
5. Blocks and Interlocking Stones
6. Bottled Water
7. Ceramics & Tiles
8. Chemicals and Paints
9. Cosmetics/Hair Products
10. Dairy
11. Digital Printing/Multimedia Publishing
12. Doors and Window Frames
13. E-Commerce/Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
14. Fashion/Garmenting
15. Fish Smoking/Drying
16. Food Processing (comprising processing of agricultural products)
17. Foundries/Metal Fabrication/3-D Printing
18. Fruit Juice
19. Furniture/Wood Processing
20. Gemstones
21. Greenhouses
22. Laundry and Dry Cleaning
23. Leather/Footwear
24. Liquefied Petroleum Gas/Compressed Natural Gas
25. Meat Processing
26. Mechatronics
27. Health Care (Medical Diagnostics)
28. Laboratory/Orthodontist/Ophthalmology/Physiotherapy)
29. Movie Production (Nollywood)
30. Plastics
31. Quick Service Restaurants
32. Quarries
33. Recycling
34. Roofing Sheets
35. Soaps and Detergents
36. Solar (off grid)
37. Technical/Vocational Schools (Offering City & Guild Certificate)
38. Theme Parks
39. Water Transportation Riverine
40. Light Manufacturing (Paper, Roofing Sheets, lube blending, Paints etc)
41. Grocery packaging

When you decide on the business you want to do pm me so i can help you write your business plan. Its free ooo

Excuse my errors, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
Church investment is the best.
Come invest in my ministry and you'd be glad you did.
Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
holysina:
I will say start a glass business, you can meet a supplier in lagos or anambra, you deposit 500k they supply you glasses worth of 1m or more then you retail to the guys doing glass Windows and doors, each sheet of glass you buy for 14k you make up to 10k from it, and if you get noticed you might be selling up to 15 to 20 sheets a day, as your business grows you can start importing yours from Malaysia and China or better still go into furniture and make cool cash. My brother started with just 200k six years ago and you can't believe were he is now. Wish you lock bro
nice idea man

3 Likes

Re: I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? by nancybrown(f): 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
wat if I tell u dat I can introduce u to a legit biz dat can earn u 30% of the money used to invest. contact me at this email: enochonyemaechi@gmail.com
pls this is not scam. get in touch to me if u r interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' / Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited / Lady Runs Her Salon Business From Under A Tree, Photos Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.