Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,456 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife (1148 Views)

A Nairalander, Hon. Ifeanyi Aniagoh, Marries His Beautiful Wife In Ebonyi State / My Beautiful Girlfriend End Our 5 Years Relationship Because my Career Pursuit / Weded His Beautiful Wife On Saturday 16th Sep, 17 In Awka. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by 0ubenji(m): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
WHAT'S UR ADVICE FOR HIM ??

The grief and guilt nearly strangled my heart.

The day before our anniversary (she was almost eight
months pregnant with our first child) is when I killed her.

It was about 10:30 PM on March 7 when we pulled onto the
highway on the way to celebrate our one-year wedding
anniversary. Looking over at her dark hair, porcelain face
and her very pregnant belly, I said: “I’m glad you’re with
me.”

“You are?” she asked in her sweet way that shows the pure
pleasure of surprise.

“Yeah, of course I am.” I said with a huge smile.
“You deserve a kiss for that.” And she leaned across the
Car and kissed me on the cheek.

“I love you,” I said.

“I love you,” she said.

Those were the last words we’d say to each other.

Just 45 minutes later, with my pregnant wife sleeping
soundly next to me, I fell asleep while driving.
I woke up just before the collision. The panic was like that
feeling you get in a nightmare.

This can't be happening!

I slammed on the breaks and jerked the wheel with all my
might, but it was too late.
When I woke in the hospital, there was a stranger standing
by my bed.

“Where’s my wife?” I asked. His face contorted, looking for
the right words to say in an impossible conversation. No
answer.

“Where’s my wife?” I demanded. Still, without the words, all
he could give was a silent stare.

Finally, the panic now coming back to me as I started to
remember, “WHERE’S DEBBIE?”

Now, with the only words he could find, “They only
brought back one body from the accident.”

Drugged up from my own injuries and overwhelmed by the
shock, I passed out.

When I woke up in the hospital again, there were about 40
people in the hospital room, but the only two I saw were her
mom and dad.

I could hear their thoughts echoing in my mind ...

HOW COULD YOU BE SO RECKLESS?!

How could you let this happen?!

How could you …?!!

At that moment I wanted to become someone else so I
could strangle myself to death.

I wanted to be a trained fighter so I could beat myself to a
bloody pulp, until the former me begged for forgiveness. I
wanted to be anyone else so I could join her parents in their
grief and anger at this reckless asshole who let their
daughter die while he was driving.

In the few months that followed, I worked hard to self-destructively
accomplish all three.

The way my wife and I ended up together was as terrific
as the end was tragic ...due to my mistake or as some other part of says it's not my fault..

Now my in-laws or anyone don't know the truth of what happened that night..I stil hate myself for letting nature's call(sleep) cause the untimely death of their daughter..
--------------------------------------------------
IS IT ADVISABLE TO CONFESS HOW IT HAPPENED TO THEM(in-laws)..??
I REALLY WANT TO..maybe it could actually start my healing process too..I'm a broken man.
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
Op,

1 Like

Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Barney11: 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
some things are better left unsaid ,you telling them wont bring back their dorta instead more grief Nd hatred,you have to forgive urself and pls if you cant control ur nature call(sleep) dont drive or hire a driver pls to aviod more guilt and death.
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
In Today's episode of "Things that never actually happened to OP but said for urge of attention"

1 Like

Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Upaka(f): 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
op, you need to tell your pastor. I think you need special prayers. coz I bet if your late wife will ever forgive you where she is now. so sad
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by 0ubenji(m): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:
In Today's episode of "Things that never actually happened to OP but said for urge of attention"
Egbon..if u read well..the first line stated that it dint happen to me..
Don't let cheap antagonism contaminate ur reasoning capabilities...smh
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
0ubenji:

Egbon..if u read well..the first line stated that it dint happen to me..
Don't let cheap antagonism contaminate ur reasoning capabilities...smh

Cookie?

FYI, I read it all too well. And yet another FYI, it's actually a story from Yourtango- A work of an expert Author. *clicks tongue*
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
shocked
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by 0ubenji(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:

Cookie?

FYI, I read it all too well. And yet another FYI, it's actually a story from Yourtango- A work of an expert Author. *clicks tongue*
So if u know and read so well...dat I stated it did not happen to me..
What was the reason for ur aptless comment in d first place?
But u initially claimed the story never happened..now u realize it was from an an expert author..
There's a reason u ava brain..let it direct the works of ur hand and mouth..
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
0ubenji:

So if u know and read so well...dat I stated it did not happen to me..
What was the reason for ur aptless comment in d first place?
But u initially claimed the story never happened..now u realize it was from an an expert aAuthor..
There's a reason u ava brain..let it direct the works of ur hand and mouth..

grin grin grin
I can see u r butthurt.

The said Author made up the Story! I said it never happened to you (OP! OP! OP!). So u still want that cookie?
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by 0ubenji(m): 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:

grin grin grin
I can see u r butthurt.

The said Author made up the Story! I said it never happened to you (OP! OP! OP!). So u still want that cookie?
*yawns*
Kindly state here..with cited quotations wherein ur author claims the story neva apund..
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
0ubenji:

*yawns*
Kindly state here..with cited quotations wherein ur author claims the story neva apund..

How about I bath and feed you while I'm at it? I gave u the site....make ur research, Sir.

Still, hopefully, for the last time; do you want the cookie or not?
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by 0ubenji(m): 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:

How about I bath and feed you while I'm at it? I gave u the site....make ur research, Sir.

Still, hopefully, for the last time; do you want the cookie or not?
Bros..u seem to be void of further defence tactics..if thr was anywhr or anythin the story was deemed fictitious..I would av told u sinx..
So stil kip hold of that cookie with u(u might end up eatin it afterall)...and go do the research urself..while I wait
*sits back & chews kola*
U av 1hr max.
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 15, 2016
0ubenji:

Bros..u seem to be void of further defence tactics..if thr was anywhr or anythin the story was deemed fictitious..I would av told u sinx..
So stil kip hold of that cookie with u(u might end up eatin it afterall)...and go do the research urself..while I wait
*sits back & chews kola*
U av 1hr max.

Sorry I could not make the 1hr limit, probably 'cuz I was minding my own business and not posting someone else's write up, even leaving out the redirecting link(Bad You! Lack of research!).

Now, for the last time, u still want the cookie? Which by the way, the ants are having their way on 2/5th of it..probably something you share in common with them- Not minding their one business...but I guess they need to feed...as do(did) u.
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by 0ubenji(m): 8:00am On Jul 15, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:

Sorry I could not make the 1hr limit, probably 'cuz I was minding my own business and not posting someone else's write up, even leaving out the redirecting link(Bad You! Lack of research!).

Now, for the last time, u still want the cookie? Which by the way, the ants are having their way on 2/5th of it..probably something you share in common with them- Not minding their one business...but I guess they need to feed...as do(did) u.
*checks wristwatch*
Erm..it took 12hrs 44mins for ur brain to come up wit a composition that turned out useless anyways..
U been tryin to so hard to evade the question with ur dry cookie joke...I guess it's ur new pickup line from a movie..
Ur research turned out futile I guess..
Awrrgh...sowi bro...ok..I gv u 1 more hour...
Am in a gud mood today...#cheers
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 15, 2016
0ubenji:

*checks wristwatch*
Erm..it took 12hrs 44mins for ur brain to come up wit a composition that turned out useless anyways..
U been tryin to so hard to evade the question with ur dry cookie joke...I guess it's ur new pickup line from a movie..
Ur research turned out futile I guess..
Awrrgh...sowi bro...ok..I gv u 1 more hour...
Am in a gud mood today...#cheers

First of, I commend u "checking" ur watch and calculating the time it took for me to post a reply cuz I was minding my biz...it makes me feel special tho' all that calculation for me? *sobs* Hope u didn't hurt ur brain that bad.
Cookies are meant to be dry tongue from a movie? Nope, but research! (Something u suck at)

BTW, your interpretation of the time calc thingy is wrong. Research into Time calculation- Difference- Also, I was forced to throw the cookie. The ants deserved it better than u do. They researched its sugar content and came for it! grin
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by 0ubenji(m): 9:02am On Jul 15, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:

First of, I commend u "checking" ur watch and calculating the time it took for me to post a reply cuz I was minding my biz...it makes me feel special tho' all that calculation for me? *sobs* Hope u didn't hurt ur brain that bad.
Cookies are meant to be dry tongue from a movie? Nope, but research! (Something u suck at)

BTW, your interpretation of the time calc thingy is wrong. Research into Time calculation- Difference- Also, I was forced to throw the cookie. The ants deserved it better than u do. They researched its sugar content and came for it! grin
Hmmm..I knw u r tryin so hard to be elusive and funny at same time..lolz..
*sobs*...dude..it aint workin mahn..
a plan B??
*checks wristwatch*..
Bro..1hr bou to elapse...

Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.

Stil waitin !!!
Re: I'm Yet To Survive The Guilt Of Accidentally Killing My Beautiful Wife by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 15, 2016
0ubenji:

Hmmm..I knw u r tryin so hard to be elusive and funny at same time..lolz..
*sobs*...dude..it aint workin mahn..
a plan B??
*checks wristwatch*..
Bro..1hr bou to elapse...

Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.

Stil waitin !!!

This is getting boring and I must stop now. Thanks for your time.
Do have a great day....minding ur bizness and making research.
#LastPost

(1) (Reply)

. / Bisi Alimi Shares Photos With His Husband / I'm In Love With My Inlaw, Please What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.