Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position (692 Views)

Fani-kayode To Contest For PDP National Chairman Position / Buhari Requests N157.75bn To Hire Additional 350,000 Graduates - Presidency / Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has written the Senate regarding the screening and confirmation of Ibrahim Magu as chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The current acting chairman, Mr. Magu, was appointed the acting chair of the EFCC after the removal of Ibrahim Lamorde on November 9, 2015. Prior to his appointment as acting chair of the anti-graft commission, Mr. Magu was the head EFCC’s Economic Governance Unit (EGU).
While he served as the head of the EGU, according to Premium Times, Mr. Magu had a reputation, among his peers, of being “an incorruptible and courageous officer.” He was one of the top picks for joining the EFCC the first chairman, Nuhu Ribadu’s tenure. He was also on the top of the list of Mr. Lamorde’s list of police officers who were to be deployed to the EFCC.

He was at the forefront of the EFCC’s investigations into former governor of Kwara State and current serving Senator Bukola Saraki’s role in the collapse of Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria, and former governor of Delta State, James Ibori’s money laundering case.

The letter, which was signed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo - who was in his capacity as acting President when Mr. Buhari was in the United Kingdom on a trip- was read by Senate President, Bukola Saraki, at the Senate plenary on Thursday.
If confirmed by the Senate, Mr. Magu will be the fourth chair of the EFCC after Mr. Ribadu, Farida Waziri, and Mr. Lamorde.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/14/buhari-requests-screening-ibrahim-magu-senate-efcc-chairman-position

Re: Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position by WebSurfer(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
I'm not sure anyone supporting the current Anti-graft campaign on the nation would wish for someone else as he is doing a good job already, what we need is a total overhaulling in the Judiciary, they are the ones causing and making things dificult for these criminals to face Justice as a result of their own corruptible and selfish interest.

Also, we'll need the Agency to stop choosing who to go after, nobody should be above the laws or a saint being part of any party whatsoever.

Anyone who has concrete evidences should tender them, if you don't, don't come forward calling anyone names.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
For those that were praying and accusing magu with hope that he be sack,I think this is a bad news for them.
Magu has become the only medicine for the corrupt pdp officials.
Many heads to go before end of the year.
Re: Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position by Rilwon: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
This scenario is just a situation of a cat that used to catched mouse after stealing was sent to mouse house for bath clean, hmmm is that possible? this is cat and mouse race, good luck to you Magu! but if they refused to bath you clean, turn and eat them all because they are corrupt!! grin
Re: Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position by todayboy: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
When will they screen Aisha buhari for First Lady position

The woman is doing First Lady illegally

They should ask magu of buratai

As far he is northerners they will screen him well assuming magu is afonjas they vite against their son

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position by WebSurfer(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
AntiIPOB:
For those that were praying and accusing magu with hope that he be sack,I think this is a bad news for them.
Magu has become the only medicine for the corrupt pdp officials.
Many heads to go before end of the year.
in as much as i support APC, i cannot be brainwashed to think or say they arent thieves in it, stop promoting this Zombiesm and think right because our children will pay for the mess we're ignoring if we don't do what is right.
Re: Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position by TPAND(f): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
EFCC chairmanship should be independent and should be a contested position and elections conducted nationwide. Just my take. If truly we want to rid the country of corruption, that's the only way to go.

Ameachi, Fashola walking Scot-free in government
Re: Buhari Requests Screening Of Ibrahim Magu By Senate For EFCC Chairman Position by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
WebSurfer:
in as much as i support APC, i cannot be brainwashed to think or say they arent thieves in it, stop promoting this Zombiesm and think right because our children will pay for the mess we're ignoring if we don't do what is right.
what is your point exactly?

(1) (Reply)

What Will Be Their Fate If Found Guilty / Asari Dokubo's Wife Dies In Tragic Car Crash / Buhari Approves 13 man BOT For Ogoniland Cleanup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.