Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

He Says His Having Too Much Feelings - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Says His Having Too Much Feelings (1689 Views)

I Am Not Happy With My Sexual Feelings. / How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Khemmi(f): 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2009
There's dis guy,we got really close n feelings started developing.we were both nt seein anyone.n den all of a sudden,he stopped comunicatin an d wen i askd wat went wrong,he said he was having so much feelings n he wasnt ready 4 anoda reltnshp,cos we were getting really close n he cud foretell we were goin2 head in dt direction.we dnt talk anymore,he said he needed time to work on himslf.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Yumi(f): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2009
I would move on girl men only say things like that when they want to see other people. Maybe someone else has caught his eye and he wants to move on.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by CrazyMan(m): 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2009
If he says he isn’t interested in the relationship anymore, please let him be; don’t try to force yourself on him. Just let go.

I believe that one day; you would find your Mr. Right.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2009
@poster
did you guys have sex before this change of heart? it could just be that the guy was in it for your biscuit and now that he had a taste of it, he is using this way to move along to better pastures.

also it is safe to say that if he ¨really¨ means what he is saying then you should thank him for being honest.
you wouldnt want to be with someone who is not emotionally ready to be with you? or would you?!
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2009
Girl I think he is just not that into you sad
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by eyonigger(m): 12:04am On Sep 13, 2009
Why are some people judging the guys reason for setting back?
C'mon peeps, some people can be so cautious of relationships, probably because their past experience almost cost them their mental state or life to be precise.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Yumi(f): 12:55am On Sep 13, 2009
Don't worry dear if he is treating you like crap now.  What goes round always comes back.  The girl he is moving on to will probably play him like a deck of cards.  smiley  Or he will get rinsed out somewhere else.  At least you were honest and good to him.  smiley  Someone better will come along for you and be better to you.

Oh and don't worry he will be back in a few months time when he's realised how nice you really were and what he's lost. Men never seem to appreciate a good woman till they have lost her.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by iice(f): 3:01am On Sep 13, 2009
Move on.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by C2H5OH(f): 3:06am On Sep 13, 2009
Put an end to it all right now. Don't toy with your heart. He's made his intentions very clear to you. If you can't handle it, forget about him.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:20am On Sep 13, 2009
Such men don't know what they want. . .and so come up with such excuses. . .if you wanna save yourself from future heartache then do what's right now and MOVE ON!
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 13, 2009
"drop it like its hot". leave him
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by lionphil(m): 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2009
leff the guy but u fit consider me shhaa!! i go send u mail
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Dclique(m): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2009
Lol,
See thief! .
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by kaytues(m): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2009
Yumi:

I would move on girl men only say things like that when they want to see other people.  Maybe someone else has caught his eye and he wants to move on.

I desagree with you Yumi.

You didn't advised the poster, you only discouraging her to forget about him(Who knows if you're talking from experience but no be so it surpose be).  Pls dont say what you dont know. Am a guy, i know what men can do. He was right b'cos i was once in his shoe but I got hurt @ the end. Maybe the guy have once experienced that, who knows. So please dont judge him.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2009
Take it at face value and move ahead with your life. You can't read his mind, so don't try. If he comes around and you're still single and willing to entertain him, then thats cool, but holding on to make sense of it all will be your biggest mistake.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Magz(m): 4:01am On Sep 14, 2009
Sorry it didn't work out, undecided embarassed
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 14, 2009
lion phil:

leff the guy but u fit consider me shhaa!! i go send u mail
Dclique:

Lol,
See thief! .
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 14, 2009
I'd say move on before he starts feeling smothered or stalked.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by topup: 5:45am On Sep 14, 2009
He's not being honest, humans are selfish, no human would let another go, unless they didn't 'want' them.
Sorry, you're too good for that anyway, surely someone else will not play games.
Another girl probably gave in quicker, and he's probably dating someone else right now, or he's simply realised that he doesn't want to date anyone right now. Somehow the relationship has led him where he doesn't want to be.
I think it's good that he at least ended it now.

Yumi's right, men only say things like 'working on themselves' when they don't want the relationship, since rarely do they call up to tell you, "I've figured myself out, I'm ready for a relationship with you." XP.

After all no one wants to seem like a nutcase, but they're always making themselves seem complicated, mysterious and deep.

Yumi:

Oh and don't worry he will be back in a few months time when he's realised how nice you really were and what he's lost. Men never seem to appreciate a good woman till they have lost her.

Disclaimer: Unfortunately when he comes back, he might disguise himself as wanting to just be friends again, and to be honest, he probably won't display any of the signs they show women in Hollywood movies. He probably won't beg for you back, or do a big romantic gesture, he would probably do it slyly, slowly working his way through friendship and back into your current thoughts and then at the end of it all, he might just leave again (when things get too serious).

Might might might!!
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by olanajim(m): 8:46am On Sep 14, 2009
@topup,
I quite disagree with you. Expecially after reading the original post. Let me find out if there is any addition from the poster. I dont buy that idea at all. Many ladies have missed their life partner by holding the view that when men withdraw, from ladies, he is probably an unserious type. I will make my comment after I am settled.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by whitelexi(m): 10:21am On Sep 14, 2009
I'm wonderin what he has seen that convinces him so much to move on / what it is about him that makes the OP not want to move on so much. undecided

Makes me think there's more to this story. Please leave the guy alone to move on, he's not interested in u grin grin grin
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Khemmi(f): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2009
Thanx y'll.whitelexi,dere no more2d story xcept 4 d fact he ended his last relatnshp in feb bcs of inter-ethnic issues.he also said he flt it ws unhealthy jumpin frm one relatnshp2 anoda,bt ds ws 5mths afta they ad broken up.am wondering y he wud cum up wit dt excuse al of a sudden afta teln me he ws interestd in me n dt he ad feelins4me.it ws obvious he wantd2win my heart,my frnds knw im cos we were always chatting.do u stop talkin2sum1 jst bcs u dnt want2date dem,besides,we were jst frnds n nobody was evn talkn of dating.i think it mite av sumthn2 do wit his ex,mayb,he is stil inlove wit her,n doesnt want2commit yet,jst incase dy cn get back.dere r sum things a guy wont say,no matter hw truthful he is,he wud say sum n hide d rest.bt watever,am gud now,its been exactly 2mths sinc we spoke,n i avnt seen him in 4mths n i dnt thnk i wud in 5yrs.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by sussu: 11:10am On Sep 14, 2009
give him sometym as he requested. i thnk he wants 2 reason with his head and not his heart, he's on d verge of makin a decision and u knw , decision making is one of d most difficult things 2 do, use d break 2 determine if u really want him.
i once had a girlfriend who was having attractions/ feelings for a friend of hers who returned same. She thot she was carried away by her emotions and demanded a break f 2weeks from d guy to clear her head. no text msgs, no calls, no visits, nothing, end of story-'de got married last month',
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Kelvinj(m): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2009
@suusu
guez ur rite
@op
jst give d r/ship sumtym & i guez if ur meant 4 each other, evrytin will be fyne
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by ebila(m): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2009
@poster,
D guy did u a favour.Just let it go.He could've used u but instead he was true to u.If u guys r meant to be,he'll definately come back,but don't go chasing him.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 14, 2009
@ Poster

So what's the question? The guy said he's not ready for a r/ship, why dont you just let him be. He's obviously still in love with his ex and is prolly still sleeping with her. Maybe they decided he'll be dere for her till she move on. Guys do that you know. You are obviously getting in the way and his ex dosent like it.

You should really let the guy be!!
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by lovetips(f): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2009
Girl, give this guy some time.
It doesn't mean he is not attrested.

You know relationship is not something
one should rush into.

Ones mind need to be fully made up to
do relationship stuffs right.

Stay cool.

Mary
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by TheSeeker(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2009
topup:

He's not being honest, humans are selfish, no human would let another go, unless they didn't 'want' them.
Sorry, you're too good for that anyway, surely someone else will not play games.
Another girl probably gave in quicker, and he's probably dating someone else right now, or he's simply realised that he doesn't want to date anyone right now. Somehow the relationship has led him where he doesn't want to be.
I think it's good that he at least ended it now.

Yumi's right, men only say things like 'working on themselves' when they don't want the relationship, since rarely do they call up to tell you, "I've figured myself out, I'm ready for a relationship with you." XP.

After all no one wants to seem like a nutcase, but they're always making themselves seem complicated, mysterious and deep.

Disclaimer: Unfortunately when he comes back, he might disguise himself as wanting to just be friends again, and to be honest, he probably won't display any of the signs they show women in Hollywood movies. He probably won't beg for you back, or do a big romantic gesture, he would probably do it slyly, slowly working his way through friendship and back into your current thoughts and then at the end of it all, he might just leave again (when things get too serious).

Might might might!!

I disagree with you and your response seem likely feminist (sorry if I misconstrued your opinion). The poster is saying, if I understand what she meant at all, that she has been in constant communication with this guy but she didn't state at any point that they were BOTH hoping to have a relationship. She probably may have had the idea at the back of her mind, or at least hope they'd come there but I'm not sure it was ever their discussion because if it was he'd never have left at that point; he would have made it clear to her that he wasn't ready, so it was all her idea and illusion.

I can see where the guy is coming from. He knew they were going to end up in a relationship and he was honest enough to let her know before they ever got started. What's wrong with that? I don't see anything wrong here. OK, let's have the assumption that he had it in mind to start a relationship with her, does it occur to you he must have studied her and feel she isn't the kind of woman he wants? And he doesn't want to hurt her feelings by telling her what's exactly wrong because some of the factors that rules her out as his kind of woman may be embarrassing, mean or hurtful. You can look at it from that point as well.

I don't see him as selfish. I know a lot of people will think he was leading her on but all they ever had together was just friendship with no intent of having a relationship. He finds out exactly that they can't make it together being in a relationship and he caromed.

On another note, he may have found out he can't meet up with her requirements hence, the need for him to work on his personality and be a better man and at the same time not wanting to ruin the personality he had already created. If you ask me, I'll tell you he did the best thing. Isn't it norm that you know more about someone before you fall in a relationship with them? He did, found out it couldn't work and did the best thing by telling her. It's as simple as that and I don't see any selfishness there.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Yumi(f): 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2009
Either way he don't want to be with her, so hes lying to her really by saying he is not ready. What he should say is we are not right for each other and we need to move on. Eliminates her waiting around for him if she really loves him.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
TheSeeker:

I disagree with you and your response seem likely feminist (sorry if I misconstrued your opinion). The poster is saying, if I understand what she meant at all, that she has been in constant communication with this guy but she didn't state at any point that they were BOTH hoping to have a relationship. She probably may have had the idea at the back of her mind, or at least hope they'd come there but I'm not sure it was ever their discussion because if it was he'd never have left at that point; he would have made it clear to her that he wasn't ready, so it was all her idea and illusion.

I can see where the guy is coming from. He knew they were going to end up in a relationship and he was honest enough to let her know before they ever got started. What's wrong with that? I don't see anything wrong here. OK, let's have the assumption that he had it in mind to start a relationship with her, does it occur to you he must have studied her and feel she isn't the kind of woman he wants? And he doesn't want to hurt her feelings by telling her what's exactly wrong because some of the factors that rules her out as his kind of woman may be embarrassing, mean or hurtful. You can look at it from that point as well.

I don't see him as selfish. I know a lot of people will think he was leading her on but all they ever had together was just friendship with no intent of having a relationship. He finds out exactly that they can't make it together being in a relationship and he caromed.

On another note, he may have found out he can't meet up with her requirements hence, the need for him to work on his personality and be a better man and at the same time not wanting to ruin the personality he had already created. If you ask me, I'll tell you he did the best thing. Isn't it norm that you know more about someone before you fall in a relationship with them? He did, found out it couldn't work and did the best thing by telling her. It's as simple as that and I don't see any selfishness there.

Hmmn . . Wise man!! wink
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2009
Find someone else.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by TheSeeker(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
Yumi:

Either way he don't want to be with her, so hes lying to her really by saying he is not ready.  What he should say is we are not right for each other and we need to move on.  Eliminates her waiting around for him if she really loves him.
I just made a speculation that it may be the reason for him stepping aside but that may not be what exactly transpired. How do you know for sure he doesn't want to be with her? I think it's too early to start judging his decision because it seems to me like it's what everyone is doing about this issue.

It's not all the time that a man is ready for a relationship and a man's readiness for a relationship depends on the kind of woman he's getting down with. For instance, if I want to get into a relationship with a girl and she's having emotional trauma as at then, do you expect me to be ready if I don't have the patience to handle her outbursts as a result of her trauma? Of course I won't be ready because I won't be patient enough to handle her, and I don't want to look like a bad man. Do you know if she's demonstrated acts that made him think he needs to work on some of his traits and behaviors? It's prejudice to say the guy was never interested in her or whatnot because if he does get with her, we'll be the first to criticize him that he started a relationship he wasn't ready for bla bla bla

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Cheat (Naira Girls I'm Asking) / The Long Thing, This Strong Thing, This Thong Thing And This Wrong Thing. / Insecure Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.