Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React (93954 Views)

The World In 2050. Nigeria's GDP Projection / CNN.Nigeria Aims To Create 400,000 Jobs By Making Pencils / CNN: Nigeria’s First Car Maker Takes To The Skies In Fighter Jets. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by gbishman: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
If only they knew what America would look like in 2050 they won't be predicting Nigeria.For their information before 2015 Nigeria would be self sufficient in agriculture, power generation, technological expertise e.t.c.
Simply because Nigeria has refused to adopt the sinister ways of adopting their so called gay right they want to frustrate the country but less do they know that many have tried and they have all failed.
Nigeria and its people and loved by God if not it would have been destroyed ages ago.
SO why fight what you cannot understand, rather it would be intelligent and wise to accept that which you cannot explain or comprehend.
Long live Nigeria and long live the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Abrahamtaylour: 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:
Haven't they learned?

Only Nigerians are allowed to insult Nigeria! angry
As in ehn.. My guy you're there.
You sharp pass new scissors
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by BiafranPrince: 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
and Somalia will be better that the zoo - N.K

h cheesy cheesy cheesy :Deheheheheh
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by harmony5(m): 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
I thought the said picture is how part of Lagos shanties will look like..
CNN might have posted this in order to get govt attention to miserable state of affairs in that part of Lagos.. So I don't see anything negative about this
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Richy4(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nbote:
Dumb Nigerians would not stop embarrassing d nation in d name of reacting to perceived insults. How many of dem have any idea what Nigeria would even look like in d nearest future considering d kind of reckless leaders we've always somehow managed to impose on ourselves. How exactly are their comments going to change wateva perception d world has if not even worsen it. It's not every post, comment or editorial dat requires a response and definitely not a response from a lot who have no idea what d post was about...

Unfortunately, U do not know when insult is been thrown at u even when it's starring at you eye ball to eyeball... U that's trying to support CNN, by saying Nigerians does not know how the nation will look like, do the CNN know how Nigeria will look like in future?
Meaningful citizens can't just swallow insult the way u do....And i have never seen anyone that got relaxed and feel indifferent when his nation is been insulted.... except maybe u
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Kposkila: 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
That was how they said Nigeria wud breakup in 2015, n it didn't happen, so shall dis one be too, God surely does have d final say, Doe we as citizens and leaders of Nigeria need to play our role well.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by maxzzo1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ahahahahahaha maybe na Lagos...but God no go gre...oo
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by donfineboi: 4:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
It's unfortunate many Nigerians are so daft in reasoning. That pics is a metaphorical statement. You can see cable cars powered by solar panels. The picture is saying with the explosive population growth, the lack of available land, lack of creative governance and scope lagos will face some challenges in the future..
And you see some educated illiterates exposing their lack of depth and impoverished home training to the world.....
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 4:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
That is where Buhari is leading us to

wat of funny
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by AuroraB(f): 4:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
SIRTee15:
At least they added cable trams......
With a skyscraper shanty......they also included a resemblance of greenery.
Not looking bad for a nation with leaders that lack vision and are obviously clueless........
Apt embarassed
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by sokera: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Bad or good , Nigerians love there country and , only Nigerians are allowed to insult Nigeria ... International communities be warned ... We don't allow external insults....
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by donfineboi: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Richy4:

Unfortunately, U do not know when insult is been thrown at u even when it's starring at you eye ball to eyeball... U that's trying to support CNN, by saying Nigerians does not know how the nation will look like, do the CNN know how Nigeria will look like in future?
Meaningful citizens can't just swallow insult the way u do....And i have never seen anyone that got relaxed and feel indifferent when his nation is been insulted.... except maybe u

It's unfortunate many Nigerians are so daft in reasoning. That pics is a metaphorical statement. You can see cable cars powered by solar panels. The picture is saying with the explosive population growth, the lack of available land, lack of creative governance and scope lagos will face some challenges in the future..
And you see some educated illiterates exposing their lack of depth and impoverished home training to the world.....

1 Like

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Kekeiyke(m): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
Only good and responsible government and patriotic and responsible citizens will change the perception of the west about Nigeria....We have descended too low by doing things that are beyond human reasoning.How do u explain some people diverting money meant for arms,How do u explain some people painting their president black and teling all manner of lies to win election,how do u explain youths being armed and commissioned to kill people like fowl during any election,what can one say about herdsmen killing people upon people with a government shuting up her mouth,what can one say about unprofessional security agencies shooting,killing and burying civilians almost every passing day without anybody facing justice,what about the diversion of relief materials to IDPs in NE,what about NEPA giving outrageous bills every month without power supply,what of the wicked state governors who cannot pay workers salaries for up to five months and still counting,what about the people who organize rallies and demonstrations in support of their political and corrupt business friends and benefactors even when is clear that they have stolen money meant for development,what can we say about youths who pass through hell to gain admission and upon graduation pass through inferno before getting a job,what about our religious leaders who have turned religion into business venture,what of fanatics who cut off peoples head and burn people alive because they are guilty according to them,what about people who rob oedinary Nigerians of their right and priviledges only because they don't have any father in Abraham,what about the police and army who collects bribery in broad day light....the list is endless...Tell me sincerely where in a country where those things and many more happens and outsiders will hail and praise them. The most painfull aspect is that these evils are done by the majority of Nigerians..unfortunately the voice of the minority who are good have been swallowed by the despicable and rotten voice of the ugly majority....I don't blame CNN,I blame myself for being a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by MCeeShort(m): 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
If we begin to trace who posted that nonsense u will find out its not just an African but a Nigerian. So I don't blame CNN but the foolish Nigerian who did that job.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Orikinla(m): 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
This is how Lagos will look like.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by henryagori(m): 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lovexme:
Them don see us finish sha.
boring
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by henryagori(m): 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
Pray:
CNN and thrash are like
boring
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Fury007: 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nonsen.se topic posted by a fraud that seeks attention.

The concept was made by a Nigerian architect using shanty structures to design several buildings. It's all about using your knowledge to design something unique, and CNN posted it to promote novel ideas. Simple.

Just look for the article on CNN site for real understanding.

2 Likes

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by nochio(m): 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
That's a Nigerian artist impression of Lagos island, which was featured on CNN last month, why are we making mockery of ourselves.

1 Like

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Orikinla(m): 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
That is why I produced "Lagos in Motion" tourist documentary film to stop all the erroneous documentary reports of BBC, Al Jazeera and CNN on Lagos.
They report trash to rubbish and tarnish the international image of Lagos, to discourage tourists and foreign investors.
We have to show them the best images as they show us their own.

This is Lagos today from Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima and Funke Oyinbo Pepper, a foreign tourist from Ukraine.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Richy4(m): 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
donfineboi:

There are so many countries in the world that are populated too....China a very good example.. Do u think the chinese will find that pic funny and amusing if it were to be used according to you "metaphorically" to show how their nation will look like in future...

That pic was totally condescending with a capital letter....
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by ba7man(m): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
Orikinla:
This is how Lagos will look like.
With the Eko Atlantic I'm seeing, Lagos will never be like that.

Old buildings are being torn down and replaced with nicer ones daily.

Gov Ambode was talking about relocating Makoko residents and I also saw the development plan of the free trade zone.

Estates are built constantly and developers are buying old buildings to construct nicer ones.
The future looks bright for Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by ba7man(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
Fury007:
Nonsen.se topic posted by a fraud that seeks attention.

The concept was made by a Nigerian architect using shanty structures to design several buildings. It's all about using your knowledge to design something unique, and CNN posted it to promote novel ideas. Simple.

Just look for the article on CNN site for real understanding.
It's the Nigerian Architect that has a warped mind.

That's a product of his delusions not reality.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Sweetlemon(f): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
They only said the truth if we continue the way we are headed now. I seriously do not understand how you want Nigeria or even Niger Delta to look like Dubai even in a thousand years with all the pipeline bombing going on there. How will the world take us serious seeing how the natives are hailing the destruction of their own lands?
I beg gerrarahia mehn!
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by denitro(m): 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
CNN on point.
Time to face reality.
Let's stop hating
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by viktor01(m): 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Classic case of a father who calls his child a thief in front of neighbours and later expect him to be excluded from suspicion when something gets missing in the neighborhood.

Naija is a sham.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by abdullkabar(m): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
saiNDAvengers:

Did Ahmadu bello use the proceeds from groundnut prymid to develop the south

Did Obafemi awolowo use the proceeds from cocoa to develop the East?

Now the oil in the south have suddenly become the resources for all

Lolz......Those are the mistakes made by the people of the past,we only av access to the present,if there is something in a region which can be used for the growth of the nation,why not use it....a time will come wen u did require the sources of the east(we are a country,we are humans,we are creations of God,we are living beings before we were of diff tribe)....we really need to look past tribe cuz e nova epp anybody
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Orikinla(m): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
ba7man:
With the Eko Atlantic I'm seeing, Lagos will never be like that.

Old buildings are being torn down and replaced with nicer ones daily.

Gov Ambode was talking about relocating Makoko residents and I also saw the development plan of the free trade zone.

Estates are built constantly and developers are buying old buildings to construct nicer ones.
The future looks bright for Lagos.
Lagos in 2050 will even look finer than what is already in the master plan of Eko Atlantic City.
My IMAX Dome is better seen than imagined.
It will be awesome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by bigiyaro(m): 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hehehehe, naija pipu no go kill me o, why una too like to dey defend nonsense?
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Kosy79(f): 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
Samtob90:

Frustrated region, so shall you remain for life. Our next plan is how to enslave you all
Hahahahahahhahahahahaha i laugh lol. Nice dream boo and so shall u keep dreaming lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angry Voters Descend On Bundles Of Cash A Vote Buyer Came With (Video/Pictures) / Umar Ganduje Might Be Tinubu's Running Mate (Pix) / President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.