Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React (93956 Views)

The World In 2050. Nigeria's GDP Projection / CNN.Nigeria Aims To Create 400,000 Jobs By Making Pencils / CNN: Nigeria’s First Car Maker Takes To The Skies In Fighter Jets. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Kosy79(f): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
abdullkabar:

Lolz......Those are the mistakes made by the people of the past,we only av access to the present,if there is something in a region which can be used for the growth of the nation,why not use it....a time will come wen u did require the sources of the east(we are a country,we are humans,we are creations of God,we are living beings before we were of diff tribe)....we really need to look past tribe cuz e nova epp anybody
It's not bad to use any resources from any region to develop our country but the bad thing there is leaving d region like a poultry farm and develop other areas like Heaven. We all know that if this oil were to be in north and d place is left unclean but others nice d fighting would have been bloody and dirty.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Malawian(m): 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
actually, CNN is right about that picture. that is all that would remain of lagos once Biafra drops ogbunigwe there.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Nbote(m): 5:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
Richy4:

Unfortunately, U do not know when insult is been thrown at u even when it's starring at you eye ball to eyeball... U that's trying to support CNN, by saying Nigerians does not know how the nation will look like, do the CNN know how Nigeria will look like in future?
Meaningful citizens can't just swallow insult the way u do....And i have never seen anyone that got relaxed and feel indifferent when his nation is been insulted.... except maybe u

So meaningful citizens by ur standards include those asking for "their fada to die" even "in Jesus name"? D truth is most of out of inferiority complex still somehow wait for approval from d west. How many of those who commented actually read d post first? I'm sorry u're one of those who feel insulted simply because of a photo wit a caption. Give me one reason why u feel it's insulting to a nation. I can bet most of u don't even have a clue what d pictures mean or what d post is about. U can all kip ranting and embarrassing d nation by aiming totally unintelligent comments and post at CNN or ur leaders and policy makers will sit down and analyse d issues raised...
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by chadwickcollins(m): 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
;DNo be lie cnn talk o
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Kosy79(f): 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nigerians are funny, Lagos will be like this be like that pls is lagos d only state in Nigeria or did CNN say Lagos? They said Nigeria. Is not about ranting or replying ugly comments it's about proving them wrong with nice and beautiful cities in all states. Action speaks louder than voice. Nigerians grow up please. Is running our mouths what we are known for? What happened to our hands and brains.

1 Like

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by kumalee: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
Vshock:
CNN. We can insult ourselves but we won't take any insult from you. An outsider. Stupid people
well don't say they are stupid ok if Nigeria is proving to be good they will never say that, truly I pray GOD save us
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by cjrane: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
[size=15pt]Nigeria will even look worse than that picture with the type of intolerant tyrants and bigots running Nigeria.

Dissent will naturally grow with time from oppression of targeted people and they will naturally be forced to defend themselves at some point, in spite of their reluctance to do so initially. it is only a natural law that where there is hatred and no peace, that picture will be the ONLY natural outcome at some point
[/size]
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Richy4(m): 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nbote:

So meaningful citizens by ur standards include those asking for "their fada to die" even "in Jesus name"? D truth is most of out of inferiority complex still somehow wait for approval from d west. How many of those who commented actually read d post first? I'm sorry u're one of those who feel insulted simply because of a photo wit a caption. Give me one reason why u feel it's insulting to a nation. I can bet most of u don't even have a clue what d pictures mean or what d post is about. U can all kip ranting and embarrassing d nation by aiming totally unintelligent comments and post at CNN or ur leaders and policy makers will sit down and analyse d issues raised...
I feel totally embarrassed reading your comment
Anyways have a good day...
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by wazobiaN9(m): 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
ba7man:
It's the Nigerian Architect that has a warped mind.

That's a product of his delusions not reality.

If you go to the CNN site, you will actually see very interesting shanty designs by the Nigerian architect. The poster was being mischievous by selecting the least patronizing of the concepts.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by maker101(m): 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by musicwriter(m): 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
You all need to understand western media; like CNN, BBC; sky, ABC, Fox, are all part of neo-colonial instrument to constantly demarket Africa. The goal is get the rest of the world think there's no money in Africa and nothing worth investing on, so that the IMF and the world bank be our only hope.

There's a system that want us perpetually down. All they want is put us down!.

Whatever you do, remember the same system that enslaved our ancestors is still working, but in many other subtle ways.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by donfineboi: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
Richy4:

There are so many countries in the world that are populated too....China a very good example.. Do u think the chinese will find that pic funny and amusing if it were to be used according to you "metaphorically" to show how their nation will look like in future...

That pic was totally condescending with a capital letter....

Do you know the land mass of China?

If you do you would not mention China.

CNN isnt dumb to just put any degrading pics without facts...

Our govt lack creative governance. Instead of looking for creative solutions to systematic problems they just settle for a quick fix and thats it.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by abdullkabar(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kosy79:
It's not bad to use any resources from any region to develop our country but the bad thing there is leaving d region like a poultry farm and develop other areas like Heaven. We all know that if this oil were to be in north and d place is left unclean but others nice d fighting would have been bloody and dirty.
Lolz.....probably,which is solely due to our low thinking
Bt come to think of it,PMB is looking promising by starting a clean up bt if we don't give him a chance,we won't kno wu will do it.We are all suffering the effects of the bombings aren't we!!....Is it worth it(why not thread a part that leads to a better outcome
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Richy4(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
donfineboi:

Do you know the land mass of China?

If you do you would not mention China.

CNN isnt dumb to just put any degrading pics without facts...

Our govt lack creative governance. Instead of looking for creative solutions to systematic problems they just settle for a quick fix and thats it.

I do....that was why i said it.... Nigeria equally got land mass too but not as much as china... but they simply like to congest in few region
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by humilitypays(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
If Nigerians can be this mad with our so-called president, ministers, permanent secretaries, directors, governors, senators, reps, state house of assembly members, local government chairmen, councillors, etc....Nigeria would have been a paradise comparing with cities like Dubai, Qatar, Beijing, etc....but hell no, we only fight foreigners when they tell us the truth to wake us up from slumber.

In fact, with this our Nigerian mentality, Nigeria will be worst than that picture CNN shared in 2050.

We can't change Nigeria by fighting foreigners who mock us because of our poverty striken national situation...we can only change Nigeria by being bold enough to hold our useless president and leaders responsible....by occupying the streets and government head houses and head quarters once any governor, president or senate mess up, irrespective of his tribe, religion or party.

But can Nigerians do that? Hell NO! angry angry cry
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
alade112:

Mstw How will africa or Nigeria develop Must you guys tribalize everything? The first and second comments from the screenshots are yorubas abi I can only count 3 yorubas in the screenshot
The concept of culture, if clearly understood, will help you to swallow and digest what I'm about to drop.
You see,people that live together in an area, SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE, dress in same manner, share the same view about life and have similar/common goals, are regarded as one tribe or let's call them one nation or a country.
If that is the case, there will be no or very little causes of fight or discord between these people. However if there be any reason to fight, it may be one family against another and the fight can be easily settled without pulling guns or swords against one another since they understand themselves. You may take the entire Yoruba race or Igbo or the English as an example.
England is one country, United States Of America is one country but NIGERIA IS NOT ONE COUNTRY.
Nigeria is made up of different countries bounded together by constitution or whatever. Nigeria is many countries disguised as one country.
You see, the Yorubas were existing independently. Same thing with the Igbos and Hausas and same for every other minor tribes in Nigeria. Each of these countries existed in different regions without little or no relationship. If there was ever any relationship between these tribes before the coming of the British, it would be strictly trade. No father would even give out her daughter to be married by a man from another tribe. I really doubt if it ever happened.
All of a sudden, some men came and established some rules and another one in the name of Fedrick Lugard decided to join different tribes (different countries) together and pronounced them as one nation; Nigeria.
It might have worked somehow fine for a very fleeting moment in time past but it cannot endure forever.
And that is what you can see happening now. The Igbos want to be alone, Niger-Delta wants to carve their own niche and stand alone. Any small issue on social networks, you see punchlines, Igbos against Yoruba, Yoruba against Hausas....
In fact, an Igbo friend told me he believes the Hausas are planning civil war secretly. He argued this by pointing to Buhari's appointment so far. That is to say the prominent and sensitive positions of authority are given to the northerners. The positions that has to do with the nations security. Seriously, I found myself buying what he said. I have always been a supporter of one Nigeria but what he said got me. I couldn't help it. I felt a bigger love for my Yoruba brethren than I could offer an Igbo or Hausa or any other tribe. I can't pretend. It's real.
Well, my friend wasn't trying to forecast doom but I too, can smell something here- A war is likely around the corner and Buhari and the northern carbals are holding strategic positions in order to be able to strike deep and hard.
If you have ever read about the Rwanda Genocide of 1994; how the Hutus massacred the Tutsis. Over 800,000 Tutsis died and few Hutus. That "Operation cut the tall trees".
Well, I pray this type of occurrence won't happen in Nigeria o.
We had better make the Marcedonian's call today. We need help. We need a saviour.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by codemaniacs: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
Gr8Adedayo:
The concept of culture, if clearly understood, will help you to swallow and digest what I'm about to drop.
You see,people that live together in an area, SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE, dress in same manner, share the same view about life and have similar/common goals, are regarded as one tribe or let's call them one nation or a country.
If that is the case, there will be no or very little causes of fight or discord between these people. However if there be any reason to fight, it may be one family against another and the fight can be easily settled without pulling guns or swords against one another since they understand themselves. You may take the entire Yoruba race or Igbo or the English as an example.
England is one country, United States Of America is one country but NIGERIA IS NOT ONE COUNTRY.
Nigeria is made up of different countries bounded together by constitution or whatever. Nigeria is many countries disguised as one country.
You see, the Yorubas were existing independently. Same thing with the Igbos and Hausas and same for every other minor tribes in Nigeria. Each of these countries existed in different regions without little or no relationship. If there was ever any relationship between these tribes before the coming of the British, it would be strictly trade. No father would even give out her daughter to be married by a man from another tribe. I really doubt if it ever happened.
All of a sudden, some men came and established some rules and another one in the name of Fedrick Lugard decided to join different tribes (different countries) together and pronounced them as one nation; Nigeria.
It might have worked somehow fine for a very fleeting moment in time past but it cannot endure forever.
And that is what you can see happening now. The Igbos want to be alone, Niger-Delta wants to carve their own niche and stand alone. Any small issue on social networks, you see punchlines, Igbos against Yoruba, Yoruba against Hausas....
In fact, an Igbo friend told me he believes the Hausas are planning civil war secretly. He argued this by pointing to Buhari's appointment so far. That is to say the prominent and sensitive positions of authority are given to the northerners. The positions that has to do with the nations security. Seriously, I found myself buying what he said. I have always been a supporter of one Nigeria but what he said got me. I couldn't help it. I felt a bigger love for my Yoruba brethren than I could offer an Igbo or Hausa or any other tribe. I can't pretend. It's real.
Well, my friend wasn't trying to forecast doom but I too, can smell something here- A war is likely around the corner and Buhari and the northern carbals are holding strategic positions in order to be able to strike deep and hard.
If you have ever read about the Rwanda Genocide of 1994; how the Hutus massacred the Tutsis. Over 800,000 Tutsis died and few Hutus. That "Operation cut the tall trees".
Well, I pray this type of occurrence won't happen in Nigeria o.
We had better make the Marcedonian's call today. We need help. We need a saviour.

They are not planning any civil war, Bubu is a tribalist.... whatever war they are planning already started years ago since the time of Dan fodio... If your friend is just noticing it then you and your friend need to read Nigeria's history...

they have been attacking southerners even before you were born... I guess you're just waking up....
T:inubu is a disgrace to the south west.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by KILOFERA(m): 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Ajua360(f): 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
What I find pathetic is that many of these comments blasting cnn africa are because no one bothered to read the article. Take time to read the article and you will discover that it's coming from a fellow Nigerian and not some foreigner. Cnn is just the messenger.

Oh and another thing, the person that wrote the article is also Nigerian. Smh

Here is the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/style/lagos-shanty-megastructures/index.html
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
saiNDAvengers:

Did Ahmadu bello use the proceeds from groundnut prymid to develop the south

Did Obafemi awolowo use the proceeds from cocoa to develop the East?

Now the oil in the south have suddenly become the resources for all

did your father work for the oil?, the groundnut and cocoa u are talking about is the hard work of the people there. If your fathers had worked for the oil, we wouldn't av complained. But unfortunately they didn't, that region is just fortunate to have it. So open your brain a little small boy.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by apockollyno(m): 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
Dunno why CNN so desperate for our attention. That terrorist bus driver should have saved France and ran into CNN journalists instead. Useless set of racial bitches
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by jojothaiv(m): 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
In 34 years to come we'll all know but some Nigerians need to read further before they react......
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Phi001(m): 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
kikake:

Many Nigerians love living in denial.

If Oyibo tell you that this is what Lagos is going top be like in 2050, don't doubt Oyibo. Lagos may even be worse., but not get better than the projection.

Some Oyibo people stay somewhere and project what every country shall be like in a certain time in future. We live in a world of inequality.
The same oyibo that predicted Nigeria to divide in 2010....
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by papoose180(m): 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
shatap.... grin na joke oh
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by googlepikins: 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
Samtob90:

Frustrated region, so shall you remain for life. Our next plan is how to enslave you all
smh

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by codemaniacs: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ajua360:
What I find pathetic is that many of these comments blasting cnn africa are because no one bothered to read the article. Take time to read the article and you will discover that it's coming from a fellow Nigerian and not some foreigner. Cnn is just the messenger.

Oh and another thing, the person that wrote the article is also Nigerian. Smh

Here is the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/style/lagos-shanty-megastructures/index.html

A Nigerian that may have never been to Nigeria.. or a Nigerian that will be paid to build mega shanties in future...
Its because the lagos govt is been sentimental, shanties should not be condoned.... If a person can't live or afford to live in a place that person should never be allowed to constitute a nuisance.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by phreakabit(m): 6:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
[size=18pt]CNN got vision!!!
Its almost like they can predict the future[/size]
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by DifferentBoy1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
No be scraps them use build that building so
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Kosy79(f): 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
abdullkabar:

Lolz.....probably,which is solely due to our low thinking
Bt come to think of it,PMB is looking promising by starting a clean up bt if we don't give him a chance,we won't kno wu will do it.We are all suffering the effects of the bombings aren't we!!....Is it worth it(why not thread a part that leads to a better outcome
PMB is looking promising by starting a clean up yea that's true but he never cease to hide his feeling for SS and SE through his words, how can a leader of one country discriminate? How can he call some 5% and others 97% yet he expects d 5% to give him 100%? No they will return d 5%love to him. How can he pay deaf ears when SS and SE are being killed but rush to fight for oil and yet will expect the people to be in one country. If he really want one Nigeria and 100% love lethim shun all discrimination and racism of any sort, and let Nigerians give him chance to perform afterall Dangote didn't attend university but he is business oriented and smart. We all know that Buhari is not educated but if he is not business oriented or skillful i tell u am not in support to encourage for his support.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Lovexme(m): 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
henryagori:
boring
My comment isn't for your amusement.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by codemaniacs: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kosy79:
PMB is looking promising by starting a clean up yea that's true but he never cease to hide his feeling for SS and SE through his words, how can a leader of one country discriminate? How can he call some 5% and others 97% yet he expects d 5% to give him 100%? No they will return d 5%love to him. How can he pay deaf ears when SS and SE are being killed but rush to fight for oil and yet will expect the people to be in one country. If he really want one Nigeria and 100% love lethim shun all discrimination and racism of any sort, and let Nigerians give him chance to perform afterall Dangote didn't attend university but he is business oriented and smart. We all know that Buhari is not educated but if he is not business oriented or skillful i tell u am not in support to encourage for his support.

like 95% of northern leaders Bubu is also a tribalist.. Its not just SS/SE they dislike the entire south.

An igbo man named Aguiyi Ironsi made Nigeria a unitary state and he was killed 6 months after so the oil problem is as a result of the decision of one man. don't be deceived D:angote is not business oriented... the govt has always helped D:angote, D:angote's family owns an oil block.
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by breakeven: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Na buhari fault that Lagos will look like this in 2050. grin grin angry grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angry Voters Descend On Bundles Of Cash A Vote Buyer Came With (Video/Pictures) / Umar Ganduje Might Be Tinubu's Running Mate (Pix) / President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.