Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality (13359 Views)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by KingEbukaNaija: 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Your number 4, seriously? Did you know that people are sentenced to death for stealing in China?

I remember the agricultural bank heist perpetrators cuz I read about it recently

Larceny means pilfering or theft of personal items not the peculation of funds like you mentioned
Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by dalaman: 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This guy must have been to all the Christian households and countries to have made this brilliant conclusion . This Lagos man grin

I don't need to go to all christian house hold. Do you believe in Jesus? Yes you do. Why are you not doing greater things than Jesus even though he promised you that? Because it is a lie and the promise is mythical. Case closed. If it is true you will be doing it, but since it is a lie you can't despite all your belief.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by hopefulLandlord: 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
winner01:
I was not born a Christian. And yes, i weighed the available options.

No worldview makes sense as much as Christianity. And thats simply because it corresponds to something true.

I don't remember directing the question at you
Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by winner01(m): 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

And you are like Jesus how? Jesus will not be wasting time on the Internet with atheist will he? He'll be busy showing them signs and wonders. We were told that Jesus did so many great things that if all were to be written down all the booka in the world will not contain them. This is the man you said you are supposed to take after and ne like instead you are buying doing he said she said with atheist despite Jesus promising you the ability to do greater things that him if you believe. You can't do anything like him because it is simply a lie and a myth.
Dalaman, dont change the argument na.
Dont you have any other thing to say on morality? grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

And you are like Jesus how? Jesus will not be wasting time on the Internet with atheist will he? He'll be busy showing them signs and wonders. We were told that Jesus did so many great things that if all were to be written down all the booka in the world will not contain them. This is the man you said you are supposed to take after and ne like instead you are buying doing he said she said with atheist despite Jesus promising you the ability to do greater things that him if you believe. You can't do anything like him because it is simply a lie and a myth.

You do realise you have said way smarter things than this. This is probably the dumbest comment from you I have read all day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by KingEbukaNaija: 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

If Christ is not a myth you should be doing greater things than him . After all he promised you that you will do that. You can't because his promise is mythical.

How will you know we are not doing greater things ? From your bed in your house Do you live with me or haven't you blatantly abnegated the plethora of miracles witnessed by millions worldwide ?
Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by KingEbukaNaija: 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
winner01:

He was caught red handed grin grin grin grin grin

Ewo oo ! ! !! !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by dalaman: 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
winner01:

The type of morality that claims that people deserve to be tortured in fire for ever when they die because they refuse to accept stories or live in a particular way? You have nothing to say about morality of you believe in that sadistic and repulsive idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by winner01(m): 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

Its simply because most atheist were former Christians or from.the west where christianity is the dominant religion. Visit ex muslim forums on the Internet. Jesus and the bible gets no menton. Only Allah and the Koran.
So give us examples of those ex muslum atheist forums. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Did you try any of the other gods before chosing Yahweh?

Tell me the truth

Were you born a Christian?

Nobody is born a Christian! CHRISTIAN MEANS CHRISTLIKE so no I was not born a christian. I grew up interacting with various sects and religions like islam, eckancker, and I also read up on others and my moral compass chose one out of all of them and I have had no regrets or reason to change my mind ever since.

My school sons were eckancker so I was always with their parents a lot and know more goings on than most. So yes I have browsed other religions.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by KingEbukaNaija: 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

I don't need to go to all christian house hold. Do you believe in Jesus? Yes you do. Why are you not doing greater things than Jesus even though he promised you that? Because it is a lie and the promise is mythical. Case closed. If it is true you will be doing it, but since it is a lie you can't despite all your belief.

Wow ! How exactly is this a reasonable conclusion You surmised that Christ is mythical simply because you believe I am not doing greater things than Him . Plus did you also ask close to 3 billion Christians that question before you arrived at that reason-deficient conclusion ?

Dalaman , why ? Why ? Why ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by winner01(m): 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

The type of morality that claims that people deserve to be tortured in fire for ever when they die because they refuse to accept stories or live in a particular way? You have nothing to say about morality of you believe in that sadistic and repulsive idea.
I dont like Hell, but it exists. Same way I dont like death, but it exists.

Do you want me to pretend like it does not esist?. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by dalaman: 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

How will you know we are not doing greater things ? From your bed in your house Do you live with me or haven't you blatantly abnegated the plethora of miracles witnessed by millions worldwide ?

If you were doing it you will be all over the news. You would probably be walking on water somewhere , calming down some storm somewhere or healing and amputee somewhere and restoring his/her amputated limbs instead of shooting blanks on the Internet with some atheist. People would have been writing about your great exploits as well since that was what was promised you. Instead you can't even convince your next door neighbor.

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

Now you are bouncing back to goalpost number 1. Stand still and stop hopping around
Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by hopefulLandlord: 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Nobody is born a Christian! CHRISTIAN MEANS CHRISTLIKE so no I was not born a christian. I grew up interacting with various sects and religions like islam, eckancker, and I also read up on others and my moral compass chose one out of all of them and I have had no regrets or reason to change my mind ever since.

My school sons were eckancker so I was always with their parents a lot and know more goings on than most. So yes I have browsed other religions.

Nice way to dodge and sidestep

Were your parents Christians?

Or are you saying that you were born into an atheist family?

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by dalaman: 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
winner01:

Sure, hell exist but only in your sadistic mind. Death is a characteristic of all living things. While hell is an imaginary idea of sadistic religious people that want to use fear to get people in line.

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

If you were doing it you will be all over the news. You would probably be walking on water somewhere , calming down some storm somewhere or healing and amputee somewhere and restoring his/her amputated limbs instead of shooting blanks on the Internet with some atheist. People would have been writing about your great exploits as well since that was what was promised you. Instead you can't even convince your next door neighbor.

Is that your only idea of greater things? So the reason why you are an Atheist is because God failed to perform a miracle for you?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Nice way to dodge and sidestep

Were your parents Christians?

Or are you saying that you were born into an atheist family?

Again I tell you...Nobodg was born a Christian. My parents were not Christians (christlike) they lied and cheated and all that so they ought to have been my moral compass but I CHOSE a different path.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by dalaman: 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Wow ! How exactly is this a reasonable conclusion You surmised that Christ is mythical simply because you believe I am not doing greater things than Him . Plus did you also ask close to 3 billion Christians that question before you arrived at that reason-deficient conclusion ?

Dalaman , why ? Why ? Why ?

I don't need to ask anybody. I just need to ask you because you are a christian that truly believes in Jesus but you are unable to do greater things than him as he promised you because it is a lie. If we are to go by all christians then please name one christian that has done anything greater than Jesus did.

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

Sure, hell exist but only in your sadistic mind. Death is a characteristic of all living things. While he'll is an imaginary idea of sadistic religious people that want to use fear to get people in line.

This statement alone shows you are afraid of Hell so you are trying to wish it away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by hopefulLandlord: 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
winner01:

It only exists in your own little world grin

You're infact the one pretending hell exists

Its that imaginary place that's keeping most Christians in line

tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by dalaman: 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

This statement alone shows you are afraid of Hell so you are trying to wish it away.

I am not. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not. I can not be afraid of an imaginary idea. Hell is just a human idea of the after life like reincarnation. It's just like saying that I am afraid of reincarnation. I can't be afraid of it because it is a human construction and imagination about the afterlife which they constructed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by hopefulLandlord: 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Again I tell you...Nobodg was born a Christian. My parents were not Christians (christlike) they lied and cheated and all that so they ought to have been my moral compass but I CHOSE a different path.

Your inability to give a cogent answer says it all

A Christian that sins is still a Christian, he doesn't suddenly become a Muslim or pagan or atiest because of it since no man is perfect in the strictest sense of the word, you would've lied even while being a Christian

Popping up with these stories and even painting your own parents so badly to prove a nonexistent point is embarrassing

So, for your own sake, I'll drop this
Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by dalaman: 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So you don't lie, you don't cheat, you love your enemies and pray for them, you love your neighbor as you love your self, you turn the other cheek when slapped, you give out your coat when a person takes your shirt, you perform wonders at will etc?
Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by winner01(m): 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

Sure, hell exist but only in your sadistic mind. Death is a characteristic of all living things. While he'll is an imaginary idea of sadistic religious people that want to use fear to get people in line.
But we are not asked to fear hell but to fear God.

The fear of God (Yirat' adonai) originally means consciousness of your Creator.

We dont fear Hell. If you love and reverence God, there's nothing to fear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by KingEbukaNaija: 11:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

See dalaman , every country has her punishments which its feels its condign for certain laws broken .

In Indonesia , you are to face a firing squad for drug trafficking . In Spain , a two-year prison sentence for first offenders can be ruled out . In other countries this same offences have different punishments they think its appropriate for the offence .

God's punishment for the wicked is eternal torture in Hell because as an all wise God he knows its the appropriate punishment - comeuppance . And the verdict from one's judgement on Judgement's Day will determine where He will spend eternity .Whatever you think of it is insignificant and nobody's concern .

You do not question an ultimate authority , do not be contumacious ; piety , subservience and deference are required of you , you mortal !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

I am not. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not. I can not be afraid of an imaginary idea. He'll is just a human idea of the after life like reincarnation. It's just like saying that I am afraid of reincarnation. I can't be afraid of it because it is a human construction and imagination about the afterlife which they constructed.

So in other words the entire reason why you grew up in harsh conditions, fell sick repeatedly, got married and spent stressful hours trying ro fend for your family and ensure your kids get a good education and then hit 80 or 90 and die is just so you would be plant food and it all ends there?

If your answer is yes then why were you even born? Why did your parents even bother? Why did your parents parents parenrs to the first generation even bother giving birth? They should have aborted or killed or eaten every child born?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by winner01(m): 11:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

[size=13pt]BOMB!!![/size]

dalaman, dont be scared na. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by dalaman: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
winner01:
But we are not asked to fear hell but to fear God.

The fear of God (Yirat' adonai) originally means consciousness of your Creator.

We dont fear Hell. If you love and reverence God, there's nothing to fear.

It doesn't matter since all are man made imaginary constructs. Why should I fear any God? Is he a monster? Fear is a negative emotion so why should fear be associated with anything good? Something that is alleged to be the epitome of goodness?

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by winner01(m): 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

It only exists in your own little world grin

You're infact the one pretending hell exists

Its that imaginary place that's keeping most Christians in line

tongue
If there was no hell, i'd still believe in God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by KingEbukaNaija: 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

The Lord's Chosen indites miracles and testimonies of the members in a magazine . There is also Chosen TV for you to listen to the testimonies

I told you that you can't know these things from your bedroom grin . That miracle that you failed to receive will be given to you only if you can accept Christ and choose to serve him diligently .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Your inability to give a cogent answer says it all

A Christian that sins is still a Christian, he doesn't suddenly become a Muslim or pagan or atiest because of it since no man is perfect in the strictest sense of the word, you would've lied even while being a Christian

Popping up with these stories and even painting your own parents so badly to prove a nonexistent point is embarrassing

So, for your own sake, I'll drop this

Christian is a general grouping and isnt the individual. When you become Born again you begin the process of becoming Christlike (Christian)

Your confusion is in the word Religion. CHRISTIANITY is not a Religion...Its a way of life. Christ was against Religion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Submit Your 2013 Prayer Request To TB Joshua Via Facebook!!! / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit Refutes The Existence Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.