Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) (10604 Views)

Poll: Kanye's VMA sockin act!

For Kanye West: 28% (7 votes)
Against Kanye West: 60% (15 votes)
Stuck Inbetween: 12% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Is Beyonce So Over Hyped?? 2014 MTV VMA Awards. / Olamide V.o.s Video Is Out / Beyoncé Confirms Pregnancy On Vma Red Carpet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by mailmalc(m): 6:09am On Sep 14, 2009
Nahhhhh! What was Kanye thinking? Anyways he tried  grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdcY_3PdzBc

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdcY_3PdzBc[/flash]

VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS 09 WINNERS

Video Of The Year - Beyoncé
"Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"

Best New Artist - Lady Gaga
"Poker Face"

Best Hip-Hop Video - Eminem
"We Made You"

Best Male Video - T.I. f/ Rihanna
"Live Your Life"

Best Pop Video - Britney Spears
"Womanizer"

Best Rock Video - Green Day
"21 Guns"

Best Female Video - Taylor Swift
"You Belong With Me"

Best Video (That Should Have Won A Moonman)
Beastie Boys "Sabotage"

Breakthrough Video - Matt And Kim
"Lessons Learned"

Best Art Direction - Lady Gaga
"Paparazzi"

Best Choreography - Beyoncé

Best Cinematography - Green Day
"21 Guns"

Best Direction - Green Day
"21 Guns"

Best Editing - Beyoncé

Best Special Effects- Lady Gaga
"Paparazzi"

Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by omonija1(f): 6:33am On Sep 14, 2009
Kanye needs help
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by C2H5OH(f): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2009
That nigga is an ass. What a pathetic piece of shit. Congratulations on being a douchebag. Disrespectful loser.
Bumrushing the girl when that young girl was receiving her award is such a class act. Way to go dude!
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2009
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by vanitty: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2009
not related whatsoever to the topic but I love Lady Gaga dress sense, won't catch me dead in it but it is so daring.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Sauron1: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
Kanye West is a consummate idiot.
This is not the first time he will interrupt a music award with his senseless rants.
It's about time someone punches his big mouth. . . . .
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by morpheus24: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2009
i love kanye!!!
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2009
I've totally abandoned the VMA's  for some time now because it sucks. Only watched it because of the Michael Jackson tribute.
I didn't agree with Taylor Swift winning Best female video. Too Nickelodeon for me. I like her though.
Everyone knows Kanye West is an idiot, so this isn't news. Liked what Beyonce did afterwards. cool
Lady Gaga's performance was super crap. Was she menstruating on stage? Disgusting. She couldn't even dance. Would the nonsense she wore let her dance? grin Wish Kanye West came out to cuss her out instead of Taylor Swift. tongue
Liked JayZ and Alicia Keys, Beyonce and maybe Greenday's performances. The rest sucked as usual.
And who was the lead singer of all American rejects showing his body to with a splash of "shine"? Nonsense.
The host should better wear something to hide that big pimple he calls a crotch. tongue

Overall, it was not that bad.  cheesy tongue
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Skywalker5(m): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
and WTF was lil mama doing on stage with Jayz and Alica keys?
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by eldee(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2009
Why's Beyonce's Single Ladies Best Video of the year and apparently not good enough to be Best Female Video??
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by rockyfela(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2009
beyonce's video sucks 2 be nominated for anything, apart 4rm choreograpghy, nothing special.
Kanye is such an immature fool as alwaiz
lady gaga commmon? attention LovePeddler seeker. i luv her but yesterday's dress sense was over the board wierd. Her performance was nothing spectacular. i mean look wat she wore 2 go get her award,
I liked the Mj's tribute, Janet coming out was wow of the chains.
Beyonce's performance was really gud.
I liked taylor swifts performance as well.
Alicia was beautiful as alwaiz.
WTF was lil mama doin on stage?
Was pinks stunt neccessary for the song she performed?
Beyonce did good in saving part of d damage kanye already caused, Imagine a 19 year old crying of stage at her 1st Vma award instead of rejoicing?
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Sauron1: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2009
eldee:

Why's Beyonce's Single Ladies Best Video of the year and apparently not good enough to be Best Female Video??

That does not excuse Kanye West running to the stage to talk bullshit.
Like WTF is Kanye West to be interrupting a music award. . . . . . .
U can take a tramp from the bush but you can never take the bush outta the tramp.

Kanye is a disgrace!!!
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by chic2pimp(m): 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2009
KANYE MY MAN. WELL DONE JARE. cool cool cool
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by eldee(m): 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

That does not excuse Kanye West running to the stage to talk bullshit.
Like WTF is Kanye West to be interrupting a music award. . . . . . .
U can take a tramp from the bush but you can never take the bush outta the tramp.

Kanye is a disgrace!!!

I know it's was totally uncalled for, but you can't blame a man for standing up for what he believes in.
He's come out many times against the way MTV still tend to recognise country artistes over their urban counterparts.
It might have been disrespectful, but MTV had it coming.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Uche2nna(m): 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2009
eldee:

I always have this feeling that winners of any category depends heavily on the other nominees in that same category,

I have one question, tho,

Was Taylor Swift nominated for the Best video of the year?? undecided
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Sauron1: 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2009
eldee:

I know it's was totally uncalled for, but you can't blame a man for standing up for what he believes in.
He's come out many times against the way MTV still tend to recognise country artistes over their urban counterparts.
It might have been disrespectful, but MTV had it coming.

What is he trying to prove? That these awards are dodgy n stuffs?
Should we then discredit the awards he has won in his career?
Beyonce didn't even complain and Kanye-the-loud-mouth-West went up there disgracing the black race.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2009
eldee:

err because its put to vote and as Taylor was the only country singer on she was going to win. Beyonce would have had to split the votes with other females.

Kanye good on you! Enough of PC!  grin
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by spikedcylinder: 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2009
Kanye is at best very embarrassing. Imagine if someone else had interrupted the acceptance of his own award? People's head woulda been rolling by now.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by chic2pimp(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Beyonce didn't even complain and Kanye-the-loud-mouth-West went up there disgracing the black race.
Rubbish!!!!!!!! He stood up for his beliefs,thats all. Nothing wrong with dat,is there? undecided

spikedcylinder:

Kanye is at best very embarrassing. Imagine if someone else had interrupted the acceptance of his own award? People's head woulda been rolling by now.
Nothing woulda happened jare.

davidylan:

err because its put to vote and as Taylor was the only country singer on she was going to win. Beyonce would have had to split the votes with other females.

Kanye good on you! Enough of PC! grin
GBAM
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Uche2nna(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

Kanye good on you! Enough of PC!  grin

I share the same sentiment, but I have no idea if TS was also nominated for the Best video award. All the red necks in town/teenage white girls will defly vote for TS and thats enuff for her to come up tops.

I was not suprised when KW jumped on stage (LOL), that has always been his MO whenever things are not going his way. My only suprise was that he actually whined on somebody's behalf, usually it was all about him  grin  At least , he is getting better.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Sauron1: 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I stared in disbelief for more than 30 seconds. . . . .
Kanye and his agbero antics. . . . .Someone is going to punch his wired mouth soon.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
We've become too stale, everyone puts on an air of "decorum" and "goodness" these days. You cant say a word out of place without having the media or the public on your back (not least especially if you're black). I saw a lot of posts here today complaining about Kanye bringing shame on his race and i wonder . . . do white people accuse rapists of "bringing shame to their race"? NO!

It seems blacks have an unconscious desire to be accepted by whites and so any black who bucks the trend of "acceptable behaviour" by white standards is heavily vilified by us.

Kanye said what A LOT OF FOLKS where thinking but were too PC to say. I really could care less . . . how many have even seen a Taylor Swift video here before? Who is she? Another averagely talented but blonde white teen?
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by eldee(m): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Kanye did what he felt was right . . . MTV have been making decisions he felt were biased against Hiphop/R'n B artistes.
This is bigger than Beyonce or Taylor Swift . . . it's even bigger than Kanye, it's about equality.

davidylan:

Exactly . . . he was just pointing out the fact that Americans still tend to let racial differences influence their decisions.
Maybe important awards like the VMA's shouldn't be left to public votes. . . like it's done at the Brits.

It's being a time bomb waiting to explode since he walked out on Justin's acceptance speech way back.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
that's partly why i dont waste my time with all these public vote awards . . . they will be heavily skewed depending on the voting populace. A large proportion of whites will never watch a Beyonce video even if its shot in heaven . . .
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Uche2nna(m): 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2009
eldee:

Exactly . . . he was just pointing out the fact that Americans still tend to let racial differences influence their decisions.

U are giving Kanye too much credit, Kanye was too drunk to have any point .

What racial differences are U talking about??  undecided  This is more about musical taste than racial differences, Not everybody likes pop and ditto for country music.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Sauron1: 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

We've become too stale, everyone puts on an air of "decorum" and "goodness" these days. You cant say a word out of place without having the media or the public on your back (not least especially if you're black). I saw a lot of posts here today complaining about Kanye bringing shame on his race and i wonder . . . do white people accuse rapists of "bringing shame to their race"? NO!

Yes. . . . . they do!!!!

It seems blacks have an unconscious desire to be accepted by whites and so any black who bucks the trend of "acceptable behaviour" by white standards is heavily vilified by us.

Kanye acted like a tout and the act is grossly despicable.
It was just an award. . . . .It wasn't even Kanye's category so why was he acting like he was PMSing.
Why didn't he challenge Eminem? He woulda gotten the diss of his life.
What an animal!!!!

Kanye said what A LOT OF FOLKS where thinking but were too PC to say. I really could care less . . . how many have even seen a Taylor Swift video here before? Who is she? Another averagely talented but blonde white teen?

Taylor Swift is a teenager. . . .a budding star.
What Kanye did could have damaged her confidence forever.
It was a bullish act. . . . .I can understand if he had done the same to Mariah Carey or Janet Jackson but a teenager??
He should be banned from going into subsequent music awards.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by eldee(m): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

What more can I say . . . you spoke my mind
We're being influenced by the media to be subservient and not have the ability to think for ourselves
The media is the new 'opium of the masses'.

In a revolution, we need the combined efforts of MLK and Malcolm X to stop these things.
Kanye's videos are the best around, but he's only won two VMAs  . . . nah, that's just raw B.S
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2009
I'm not excusing Kanye's actions . . . i'm equally appalled he would do that to a 19yr old just trying to savor her moment. He could have done it privately. BUT all the same . . . he was right. We shld not throw away his point because he lacked the grace to put it across with some class.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
Eminem was far worse than Kanye but we all laughed over it . . . Kanye does it and now he shld be banned from ever seeing the sun?

I'm tired of all these over-the-top reactions to black folks bucking the trend, Michael Vick almost lost a promising career for fighting dogs . . . only for me to turn my TV on yesterday to see some retarded he-goats shooting poor innocent birds in the sky for fun.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by chic2pimp(m): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

Eminem was far worse than Kanye but we all laughed over it . . . Kanye does it and now he shld be banned from ever seeing the sun?

I'm tired of all these over-the-top reactions to black folks bucking the trend, Michael Vick almost lost a promising career for fighting dogs . . . only for me to turn my TV on yesterday to see some retarded he-goats shooting poor innocent birds in the sky for fun.
Shey u dey mind the P.C Brigade. Yada Yada Yada thats all u hia. Its either u conform or u get loads of bad press. *KMT Nonsense and Ingredient*
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Sauron1: 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

What has Eminem done in the past at music awards?
This is not the first time Kanye West will hi-jack the microphone and start ranting his nonsense.
Who exactly does he think he is? He is not even the best in his own music genre so who made him the Public Address System.
I liked the fact he was booed. . . . . .That should give him some soul-searching.

Michael Vick was supposed to be a role model when he was setting mongrels to fight each other.
He deserved his punishment.
Re: Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

What has Eminem done in the past at music awards?
This is not the first time Kanye West will hi-jack the microphone and start ranting his nonsense.
Who exactly does he think he is? He is not even the best in his own music genre so who made him the Public Address System.
I liked the fact he was booed. . . . . .That should give him some soul-searching.

It wont give him any soul searching . . . of course the crowd will boo, that's the automaton response to issues like this. Kanye is not the best in his genre but neither is Taylor Swift.

~Sauron~:

Michael Vick was supposed to be a role model when he was setting mongrels to fight each other.
He deserved his punishment.

Michael Vick signed on to play football not to be a role model for my children, that was never part of his contract.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? / NBC Certifies ABS Digital Studios Awka For Digital Switch Over- PICTURES / Ty Bello Ekundayo Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.