Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? (14748 Views)

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
you are exhausted bro. I pray you don't regret turning down this offer I made to you. I pray the devil doesn't playback this particular time for you. You may think he's caring but hope you know he's a foolish devouring lion. Accept Jesus now the time is right. There's no better time than now.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by jayriginal: 10:40am On Jul 19, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

The bible is now expected to be a science text book that should tell you to wash your hands to avoid getting sick . What nonsense is this

It does tell of how dispose of discharges and the like, what a man should and shouldn't do when a woman is on, where to bury refuse, how to heal leprosy with bird blood, prohibit boiling goats in their mothers milk, breeding livestock with striped sticks etc.

Such tasty details and you're getting defensive cos washing hands was left out?

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2016
Fynestboi:
God created every living thing. Why did he create bacteria?

Really?

So it is God that created airplane? It is God that created atomic bomb?

God created all things never implies, all what we have on earth today, were created by him.

Most of what we have today are the handwork of things he created.

More like A gave birth to B and B gave birth to C
Will it be Logically wrong to suppose A created C?

Dumber words have never been spoken, This is why I'm if the opinion christains are people who don't understand what it means to be god.

Incase you've forgotten, your god is supposed to be omniscient, meaning even if disease causing bacteria wasn't created by him. He knew that eventually they would come into play abd he allowed them to exist.

Now according to your 'logic', if A was omniscient then yes, A created C.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by PLASOTLE: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2016
Joshuabase:

Dumber words have never been spoken, This is why I'm if the opinion christains are people who don't understand what it means to be god.

Incase you've forgotten, your god is supposed to be omniscient, meaning even if disease causing bacteria wasn't created by him. He knew that eventually they would come into play abd he allowed them to exist.

Now according to your 'logic', if A was omniscient then yes, A created C.

Your conclusion is true but it might seem a tad bit presumptuous to me to imagine that a speck of a being such a a human is in this known universe alone might comprehend the full reasons thereof.

Having said that, there are certainly some understandable reasons. I am not sure the Earth was created to harbor an eternally multiplying population.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 19, 2016
PLASOTLE:

Your conclusion is true but it might seem a tad bit presumptuous to me to imagine that a speck of a being such a a human is in this known universe alone might comprehend the full reasons thereof.

Having said that, there are certainly some understandable reasons. I am not sure the Earth was created to harbor an eternally multiplying population.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 19, 2016
cloudgoddess:
This question occured to me while reading up on some recent medical research. According to (Christian & other) scripture, God created every living thing. Why did he create bacteria?

He says man are to rule & have dominion over all animals. Yet bacteria and other deadly microbes continue to conquer us; Christians and non-Christians alike are at the mercy of whatever untreatable bacteria they happen to be unfortunate enough to be infected by.

For those without a full understanding of what bacteria are or how they work (genuinely not trying to be condescending but to educate):

Bacteria are tiny, single-celled animals that outnumber people at least 1000000:1 and are completely invisible to the human eye (progressively more advanced microscopes have been invented by scientists allowing us to better visualize them and analyze their physical & chemical structure). They are on everything, including all over & inside of your body, and in the air you breathe.

Some bacteria are harmless. But others cause horrible, often gruesome diseases and defects when they are able to access the human body. Some kill by dissolving your flesh as they release acidic chemicals into your epithelial tissue. Some cause festering rashes, blindness, internal bleeding because they are feeding on your cells and releasing deadly waste into your body.

The bacteria has no motive but to survive. From its perspective, it's simply doing what comes natural.

Perhaps the worst part is that they can gain resistance to any medicine we throw at them. Their DNA can literally change in a way that enables them to avoid the effects of any antibiotic that was previously effective. Once that happens, the resistance trait widely spreads and soon you have a huge amount of bacteria that are all resistant to our medicines (our chemical "weapon" against bacteria). In other words, they getting better at fighting back.

According to religious thought (Abrahamic specifically) a loving and merciful God, who made earth for humans to rule, intentionally created an entire domain of creatures that are invisible killers -- capable of multiplying rapidly, destroying our bodies from the inside out & continuously improving/upgrading their own artillery.

Why would he do this?

See this small girl. God does use the foolish things to confound the delusionally wise.

I expected you to put up a strong defence for science as you normally would do in your posts and tell us how science has conquered and subdued bacteria. Small insignificant bacteria is what is giving you the run around like this.

God created everything Good. Sin altered the good in everything. Call me crazy but that is the long and short of it and this is why I say this.

I also live in a world loaded with bacteria and I have a genotype of AA but for 20yrs I have never ever been ill or even taken any single form of medication including paracetamol.

In the era of conjunctivitis someone who had it once said hey if she looks at me I will be infected and I challenged her to take fluid from her eyes and in mine and she did. 2 days later she was free of her own Apolo and I never got it till date.

I do not fall ill simple and it took me having faith in the word of God that the spirit of God has been given to me to quicken my mortal body. I am grooming my kid who is also AA on this as anytime he falls ill I simply command the sickness to leave him and enter me and funny enough it does within a day but also within a day it clears off.

Sickness cannot survive in my body. Disease causing bacteria also cannot.

I am willing to submit myself to u for scientific research and you will discover that my Genotype Is physically AA but spiritually JC (Jesus Christ).

Now you wish to Query God regarding Bacteria when you have been unable to query science regarding their inconclusive declaration per evolution which you helped them to complete.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by PLASOTLE: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
[quote author=Elohim1 post=47691813][/quote]

True again - - - but you will certainly agree that we are far too small in the known universe alone to make such conclusions as stating that an Omnipotent Element does not exist because bacteria do. We are bacteria of another sort ourselves, this is clearly quite true, no?

Remember also in your thinking that neither Omnipotence nor Omniscience stretch to the capacity to do illogical things, such as creating square circles or creating a rock which is impossible to lift and then lifting it.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
PLASOTLE:

True again - - - but you will certainly agree that we are far too small in the known universe alone to make such conclusions as stating that an Omnipotent Element does not exist because bacteria do. We are bacteria of another sort ourselves, this is clearly quite true, no?
But An Omnipotent God Thats Is Even Bigger Than Anything U Can Ever Imagined Gives A F*ck If U Eat Pork!! Or What U Do With Ur Private Part??

Remember also in your thinking that neither Omnipotence nor Omniscience stretch to the capacity to do illogical things, such as creating square circles or creating a rock which is impossible to lift and then lifting it.
Paradox!! We Talking About Real Sh*t here
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Crazyfinedude: 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
plaetton:

[size=17pt]Pls don't mind these religio-tards.[/size]

They seem to be accidental tourists in this century.
They missed their trains to other side of the stone age.

Why were so many posts supposedly by christians hidden and some texts from their posts expurgated while this blatant insult to religious people and religion is not being obscured .

"Religio-tards " is a portmanteau word for religion and re.tards . Very offensive and the ignorance shown by this user is so conspicuous

Well , the obvious truth remains that this site is against religion . Christians are getting arbitrary bans while atheists have been given the carte blanche to lauch impious attacks on religion and vituperative attacks on Christians .

DeepSight already answered the question - its simply part of the cycle of life but of course I dont expect the nullifidians to understand . Astute comprehension is not really their thing

DeepSight:

This is a very well centred question.
For the OP, in her bombastic ignorance, does not realize that she is also bacteria of another sort to other living creatures.

The OP probably eats the corpses of other living things to survive daily, and sees no parasitic behavior in this, but callously, shortsightedly and and selfishly sees the bacteria that protect an entire ecosystem as evidence of the absence of God's Love.

This sort of OP will not understand the role of ants and other insects on the entire ecosystem, this sort of OP will not understand the role of lions in checking the population of cattle, this sort of OP can never, NEVER - EVER - understand the role of natural disasters in pruning that which needs to be pruned. This sort of OP cannot understand the cycle of life.

Deepsight ended this post with " you frankly went to a cheap school" but it got expunged and plaetton's insult was not ?

You see the only way atheism will thrive is to suppress every good thing in Christianity and to blatantly employ deceit , lies , hate and hypocrisy .

Continue with the hate and rancor against God but the fact still remains that all of you will die some day while Christianity will live on and God will still remain God .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Crazyfinedude: 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2016
[quote author=Elohim1 post=47688006][/quote]

This post is not germane in anyway . Seun please hide this post now
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

Why were so many posts supposedly by christians hidden and some texts from their posts expurgated while this blatant insult to religious people and religion is not being obscured .

"Religio-tards " is a portmanteau word for religion and re.tards . Very offensive and the ignorance shown by this user is so conspicuous

Well , the obvious truth remains that this site is against religion . Christians are getting arbitrary bans while atheists have been given the carte blanche to lauch impious attacks on religion and vituperative attacks on Christians .

DeepSight already answered the question - its simply part of the cycle of life but of course I dont expect the nullifidians to understand . Astute comprehension is not really their thing

Deepsight ended this post with " you frankly went to a cheap school" but it got expunged and plaetton's insult was not ?

You see the only way atheism will thrive is to suppress every good thing in Christianity and to blatantly employ deceit , lies , hate and hypocrisy .

Continue with the hate and rancor against God but the fact still remains that all of you will die some day while Christianity will live on and God will still remain God .

Frankly cloudgoddess went to a cheap school I concur because she lacks the depth of reasoning that scientists have and she argues with text book science and not her own research. She claims to be biologically inclined but like deepsight said she lacks knowledge of the balance being employed in nature and life.

Next time when she wants to kill a cow or a goat for her wedding or birthday maybe she should first look into the eyes of the cow or goat and ask the animal for its opinion about her...friend or foe?

All these cheap scholars everywhere!

3 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by plaetton: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Frankly cloudgoddess went to a cheap school I concur because she lacks the depth of reasoning that scientists have and she argues with text book science and not her own research. She claims to be biologically inclined but like deepsight said she lacks knowledge of the balance being employed in nature and life.

Next time when she wants to kill a cow or a goat for her wedding or birthday maybe she should first look into the eyes of the cow or goat and ask the animal for its opinion about her...friend or foe?

You guys, Deepsight included, are choosing to play the ostrich here.

The OP query was not a scientific one, but a religious one.
Bacteria, beneficial and malevolent, food chain and ecological balance makes perfect sense in a scientific, evolutionary context.
No one disputes that. Cloudgoddes no doubts understands that synchronicity.

However, in the context of religion and faith , where man is assumed God's greatest masterpiece and upon whom all nature are subservient, then a bacteria or virus created by God that causes harm and destruction to God's perfect masterpiece doesn't make any sense at all.

Infact, you have also failed to acknowledge that the religious folks, to whom this query was thrown at , have already given their own religious answers, and have indicted SIN as the culprit.

Therefore, Deepsight is better suited to educating the religious folks on nature, ecological balance and Evolution. But he dare not try to educate them on the evolutionary necessity of bacteria, because, he still hasn't been able to fit and synchronize the theory of Evolution into his own worldview.
Thus, he instinctively lashes out at the one who asks the question, rather than educate the ignorant religious folks.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Ranchhoddas: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Follow follow enter gutter. So it's longer as a result of sin?
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
plaetton:

You guys, Deepsight included, are choosing to play the ostrich here.

The OP query was not a scientific one, but a religious one.
Bacteria, beneficial and malevolent, food chain and ecological balance makes perfect sense in a scientific, evolutionary context.
No one disputes that. Cloudgoddes no doubts understands that synchronicity.

However, in the context of religion and faith , where man is assumed God's greatest masterpiece and upon whom all nature are subservient, then a bacteria or virus created by God that causes harm and destruction to God's perfect masterpiece doesn't make any sense at all.

Infact, you have also failed to acknowledge that the religious folks, to whom this query was thrown at , have already given their own religious answers, and have indicted SIN as the culprit.

Therefore, Deepsight is better suited to educating the religious folks on nature, ecological balance and Evolution. But he dare not try to educate them on the evolutionary necessity of bacteria, because, he still hasn't been able to fit and synchronize the theory of Evolution into his own worldview.
Thus, he instinctively lashes out at the one who asks the question, rather than educate the ignorant religious folks.

So now you hold brief for cloudgoddess? If she was properly schooled she would not have put up that post. Disease causing bacteria is only a handful and they are known as pathogenic.

Good bacteria far outweigh bad bacteria. Why did she not ask why God created good bacteria and not disease causing bacteria? Answer is simple. She is simply trying to fault God with anything and that is called clutching at straw.

God is not stupid bro...far from that...Bacteria is part of our existence. We need bacteria in our daily lives.Bacteria are both harmful and useful to the environment and animals, including humans.

Same bacteria yoi claim is disease causing is the same bacteria that also helps humans to avoid getting the disease- the normal flora for instance.

In soil, bacteria is very much important in nitrogenous compounds conversion known as nitrogen fixation. This serves to provide an easily absorbable form of nitrogen for many plants, which cannot fix nitrogen themselves.The ability of bacteria to degrade a variety of organic compounds is remarkable. They play important roles in the mineralization of specific classes of organic compounds as in the decomposition of cellulose and without these plants there would be no oxygen and without oxygen where would you be?

Bacteria, often in combination with yeasts and molds, are used in the preparation of fermented foods such as cheese, pickles, soy sauce, sauerkraut, vinegar, wine, and yogurt. Using biotechnology techniques, bacteria can be bioengineered for the production of therapeutic drugs, such as insulin, or for the bioremediation of toxic wastes.

Could you imagine what will happen without bacteria? Would it be possible to live without bacteria? Though we want to get rid of those bacteria, we have to acknowledge as well that we need bacteria more than what we know so God isnt stupid....her question is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Follow follow enter gutter. So it's longer as a result of sin?

If disease causing bacteria can affect u then you need help. Cheers.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Ranchhoddas: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If disease causing bacteria can affect u then you need help. Cheers.
Stay on topic man. Are disease-causing bacteria a consequence of sin or are they as a result of the need to maintain a biological balance?
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by plaetton: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So now you hold brief for cloudgoddess? If she was properly schooled she would not have put up that post. Disease causing bacteria is only a handful and they are known as pathogenic.

Good bacteria far outweigh bad bacteria. Why did she not ask why God created good bacteria and not disease causing bacteria? Answer is simple. She is simply trying to fault God with anything and that is called clutching at straw.

God is not stupid bro...far from that...Bacteria is part of our existence. We need bacteria in our daily lives.Bacteria are both harmful and useful to the environment and animals, including humans.

Same bacteria yoi claim is disease causing is the same bacteria that also helps humans to avoid getting the disease- the normal flora for instance.

In soil, bacteria is very much important in nitrogenous compounds conversion known as nitrogen fixation. This serves to provide an easily absorbable form of nitrogen for many plants, which cannot fix nitrogen themselves.The ability of bacteria to degrade a variety of organic compounds is remarkable. They play important roles in the mineralization of specific classes of organic compounds as in the decomposition of cellulose and without these plants there would be no oxygen and without oxygen where would you be?

Bacteria, often in combination with yeasts and molds, are used in the preparation of fermented foods such as cheese, pickles, soy sauce, sauerkraut, vinegar, wine, and yogurt. Using biotechnology techniques, bacteria can be bioengineered for the production of therapeutic drugs, such as insulin, or for the bioremediation of toxic wastes.

Could you imagine what will happen without bacteria? Would it be possible to live without bacteria? Though we want to get rid of those bacteria, we have to acknowledge as well that we need bacteria more than what we know so God isnt stupid....her question is.
My friend, you still don't get it.

Everyone, especially cloudgoddess, understand the functions of bacteria in maintaining the ecosystem.

Even if it's just one single bacteria that causes pain, destruction and death to human life, that is still one too many from a religious faith point of view.

Did God create this one bad bacteria to punish humans?
Was it a design error?
Was it Satan that sabotaged God's perfect work?
Or, as Joshthefirst would say, Adam's din muted the good bacteria into the bad bacteria.

Stick with the relevant question, and try to answer it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Stay on topic man. Are disease-causing bacteria a consequence of sin or are they as a result of the need to maintain a biological balance?

For once you are either truly eager to learn or you want to just sit there and make fun without any useful word from you as always.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
plaetton:

My friend, you still don't get it.

Everyone, especially cloudgoddess, understand the functions of bacteria in maintaining the ecosystem.

Even if it's just one single bacteria that causes pain, destruction and death to human life, that is still one too many from a religious faith point of view.

Did God create this one bad bacteria to punish humans?
Was it a design error?
Was it Satan that sabotaged God's perfect work?
Or, as Joshthefirst would say, Adam's din muted the good bacteria into the bad bacteria.

Stick with the relevant question, and try to answer it.

Let me put it this way. First of all there is no error with God! Both good and bad bacteria are for a purpose but the bad bacteria was not meant to hurt man in the first place as the first sinless man (Adam) was meant to dominate and subdue the world but when he sinned that order was removed.

However just as a man would create a harmful substance and include a "caution" to it and alsl create an antidote so did God do in Christ. Which was why I used my own life as an example. Christ in me and his word believed = no sickness.

Explaining it to you is something you would not understand until you receive the samd Christ then you would never bother about bacteria ever again. If as a believer I have been stung by a red scorpion and nothing happened is it bacteria that would phase me?

My genotype is JC bro. You should try it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by plaetton: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Let me put it this way. First of all there is no error with God! Both good and bad bacteria are for a purpose but the bad bacteria was not meant to hurt man in the first place as the first sinless man (Adam) was meant to dominate and subdue the world but when he sinned that order was removed.

However just as a man would create a harmful substance and include a "caution" to it and alsl create an antidote so did God do in Christ. Which was why I used my own life as an example. Christ in me and his word believed = no sickness.

Explaining it to you is something you would not understand until you receive the samd Christ then you would never bother about bacteria ever again. If as a believer I have been stung by a red scorpion and nothing happened is it bacteria that would phase me?

My genotype is JC bro. You should try it.
Good. grin

You have said it like a Christian.
Sin is the culprit .
Case closed.

But ,.. but what about plants and animals?
What was their sin ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
plaetton:

Good. grin

You have said like a Christian.
Sin is the culprit .
Case closed.

But ,.. but what about plants and animals?
What was their sin ?

Is there morality with animals? Do plants have a soul?

Were humans made for plants and animals or plants and animals made for humans?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Ranchhoddas: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

For once you are either truly eager to learn or you want to just sit there and make fun without any useful word from you as always.
In other words, you cannot respond without tying a noose around your neck. I understand completely.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
In other words, you cannot respond without tying a noose around your neck. I understand completely.

Scroll up and see where the noose got tied.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

The funny thing about this thread is how ignorant all of you who fell in line behind cloudgoddess are. Even her beloved science has said boldly that MAN IS AT THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN so even if bacteria outnumbers man by a million to 1 they still cannot eradicate us. I wonder why.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Ranchhoddas: 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Is there morality with animals? Do plants have a soul?

Were humans made for plants and animals or plants and animals made for humans?
I am not sure how this answers the question. In clear terms: Why do plants and animals get sick?
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am not sure how this answers the question. In clear terms: Why do plants and animals get sick?

If you think hard and deep enough the answer will come to you.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Ranchhoddas: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If you think hard and deep enough the answer will come to you.
#facepalm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua's 50th Birthday / Has God Ever Done Any Irrefutable Miracle For You Before? Come In And Share / Pastor Adeboye: God Hasn’t Told Me Who Will Be President In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.