Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? (14728 Views)

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
DeepSight:

That would be like you demanding proof of your own existence.

If you cannot look at your torso, your abdomen, your arms and legs and even your head, and recognize it as mere meat - and edible one at that, I cannot really offer you further proof.

The proof really rests for you to recognize yourself for what you are - nobody can do this for you - it is self cognition. At all events it happens naturally as a human's consciousness of its own being and spirit grow and evolve. AS you approach GOD-Consciousness - the state of being where you have become a fully conscious mind which is a droptlet or a small orb of the infinite mind which is called GOD - you will begin to see clearly that you are not your body. Not at all.

You will have out of body experiences and you will clearly understand how vastly detached a being you are from the physical.
Are U Trying To Say We Are Some kind Of God shocked
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by DeepSight(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
Elohim1:

Yes.

It is the inescapable truth.

Bros J sef talk am. Na man wey sabi be that my brother.

Just like the Buddha.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
DeepSight:

Yes.

It is the inescapable truth.

Bros J sef talk am. Na man wey sabi be that my brother.

Just like the Buddha.
What About The Concept Of Heaven And Hell Good & Bad??
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by DeepSight(m): 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
Elohim1:

What About The Concept Of Heaven And Hell

A higher, lighter and improved state of being post death is what it is, but what people refer to and oft imagine is a specific spiritual place called heaven.

A lower, darker and worsened state of being post death is what it is, but what people refer to and oft imagine is a specific spiritual place called hell.

Good & Bad??

Positive thoughts words or deeds which lighten and improve the condition of the being and indeed all creation.

Negative thoughts words or deeds which darken and worsen the condition of the being and indeed all creation.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by plaetton: 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
HardMirror:

She obviously studied chemistry in the churchgrin

Lol.
grin

Let's keep reminding them that Sunday school is not SCHOOL.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
Elohim1:

Its even in your bible , read it sometime
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
DeepSight:

A higher, lighter and improved state of being post death is what it is, but what people refer to and oft imagine is a specific spiritual place called heaven.

A lower, darker and worsened state of being post death is what it is, but what people refer to and oft imagine is a specific spiritual place called hell.

Positive thoughts words or deeds which lighten and improve the condition of the being and indeed all creation.

Negative thoughts words or deeds which darken and worsen the condition of the being and indeed all creation.

There are Christians who share this same view with you . cc :MrPresident1
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Its even in your bible , read it sometime
Bring Passage Don't Say In Gods Image Cause That's Not What I Mean I Mean Divine & Not Like Moses Or King David Either
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by KingEbukaNaija: 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
Demetria:

wow I thought it was just me..... I started to get upset at this new development but I quickly let it go cos of course its the way the cookie crumbles when its of the world...

thanks for the support. cheesy

Lol . Look at this thread and see how many posts were hidden but atheist insults against Christians are not ? Plus lots of posts here by atheists that are not germane . No wahala sha . This new development may actuate some Christians to develop their own forums - this could threaten Nairaland's hegemony .

I love this site but God please let them not ruin it with bias against Religion . Unity and Tolerance cool .
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by kevoh(m): 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2016
Christians and their Victim complex! Every other person gets insulted by Christians on Nairaland Religion Section! Every other person gets banned on Nairaland! I've been banned for a post that totally supports Seun's (the owner of Nairaland) action but only one phrase in that same post(hidden by the mod in asteriks) got me the ban hammer, I didn't whine or complain. Here's the post : https://www.nairaland.com/3200660/christian-forum#47161657 But once reverse is the case for crybaby Christians, it becomes CNN Breaking News! undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by iamord(m): 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
Lol. I don't understand all this talk of sin brought in harmful bacteria and sickness .. Is that a creation defence, grin there is nothing really special.. It just shows that we are in a 'not so perfect world' . There could/would be worse off bacteria in other planets.. Is our sins with great stench that these bacteria and organisms exist in other planets? We have the biggest hurricane in our universe moving in one of the planets (forgot the name) bigger than the whole West Africa. Was it our sin too? .. We have a lot to learn and to understand in this vast system. I believe for us to evolve to higher brain power and consciousness we need to be able to defeat this things that place limits on us. The good thing is that we have discovered them. To me they are all teachers and tools for tasks ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2016
iamord:
Lol. I don't understand all this talk of sin brought in harmful bacteria and sickness .. Is that a creation defence, grin there is nothing really special.. It just shows that we are in a 'not so perfect world' . There could/would be worse off bacteria in other planets.. Is our sins with great stench that these bacteria and organisms exist in other planets? We have the biggest hurricane in our universe moving in one of the planets (forgot the name) bigger than the whole West Africa. Was it our sin too? .. We have a lot to learn and to understand in this vast system. I believe for us to evolve to higher brain power and consciousness we need to be able to defeat this things that place limits on us. The good thing is that we have discovered them. To me they are all teachers and tools for tasks ahead.
Refreshing perspective smiley I agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by KingEbukaNaija: 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2016
iamord:
Thank you.. This best describes the situation.. And it has eaten deep into the frame of our society.

I asked Kay17 this question and she floundered . Abiogenesis is impossible - no modicum of evidence to support it - but you believe this without even questioning this belief . Why is this so ? Isn't that faith ?
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by raphieMontella: 8:10am On Jul 23, 2016
DeepSight:

The strike of a meteor theoretically led to the extinction of Dinosaurs. If that didnt happen, you would not be here today. If all creatures that ever existed did not die as per the cycle of life - regardless the method of death - life on this planet would not even be possible at all. Thus even natural disasters have a key role to play in renewing ecosystems.

If you don't understand this, you will not understand anything.
nw ur supporting the extinction of dinosaurs o...
Bt i thought u believed god created earth ni..
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by raphieMontella: 8:29am On Jul 23, 2016
Demetria:

Get off my mention pls and learn to stick ur nose where it belongs......

No, you pray for sordid self, you need it the most and in the future remember to not forget to not remember this moniker cos I got zero chills for your likes......
he wud stick his nose in his business if u and ur friends hadnt been cry babies...and ignorin facts that all users do get banned...yet yu guys try to make it loook like atheists are immune to bans all in the sake of gaining self pity...
U will wallow there my friend unless u become sincere..

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by raphieMontella: 8:34am On Jul 23, 2016
iamord:
Thank you.. This best describes the situation.. And it has eaten deep into the frame of our society.
exactly bro...ur other post is totally correct..they dont jst see the facts arnd them..
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Niflheim(m): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2016
@Cloudgoddess,

Good day, sorry I have not been able to comment on this your fantastic topic.

1.A "loving father" would never have created flesh eating bacteria.

2.The bible was not even aware of the fact that bacteria exişted(it does not state the day that bacteria was created)

3.The bible is not aware of the fact that bacteria would have also survived the flood(Noah's armpits and underwear).

4.How can god say, "Be fruitful and multiply", only for him to create bacteria that will prevent you from being fruitful and multiplying(sexually transmitted diseases).

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by blessedvisky(m): 9:47am On Jul 23, 2016
cloudgoddess:
This question occured to me while reading up on some recent medical research. According to (Christian & other) scripture, God created every living thing. Why did he create bacteria?

He says man are to rule & have dominion over all animals. Yet bacteria and other deadly microbes continue to conquer us; Christians and non-Christians alike are at the mercy of whatever untreatable bacteria they happen to be unfortunate enough to be infected by.

For those without a full understanding of what bacteria are or how they work (genuinely not trying to be condescending but to educate):

Bacteria are tiny, single-celled animals that outnumber people at least 1000000:1 and are completely invisible to the human eye (progressively more advanced microscopes have been invented by scientists allowing us to better visualize them and analyze their physical & chemical structure). They are on everything, including all over & inside of your body, and in the air you breathe.

Some bacteria are harmless. But others cause horrible, often gruesome diseases and defects when they are able to access the human body. Some kill by dissolving your flesh as they release acidic chemicals into your epithelial tissue. Some cause festering rashes, blindness, internal bleeding because they are feeding on your cells and releasing deadly waste into your body.

The bacteria has no motive but to survive. From its perspective, it's simply doing what comes natural.

Perhaps the worst part is that they can gain resistance to any medicine we throw at them. Their DNA can literally change in a way that enables them to avoid the effects of any antibiotic that was previously effective. Once that happens, the resistance trait widely spreads and soon you have a huge amount of bacteria that are all resistant to our medicines (our chemical "weapon" against bacteria). In other words, they getting better at fighting back.

According to religious thought (Abrahamic specifically) a loving and merciful God, who made earth for humans to rule, intentionally created an entire domain of creatures that are invisible killers -- capable of multiplying rapidly, destroying our bodies from the inside out & continuously improving/upgrading their own artillery.

Why would he do this?

Hey cloudy God created bacteria. However, he didn't create them to be harmful initially. After the fall, everything went crazy, the ground(earth) was cursed for man's offence.

Due to thousands of years of interaction, several diseases (caused by bacteria) have developed. Many have been controlled, some have not.

You would agree with me that when a microorganism gets in contact with a new environment, it either dies of or successfully establishes itself there. The environment here would be man's body.

If man doesn't come in contact with the harmful bacteria, he won't even infected by them.

Your question seems to say why would God (intentionally) create things that can cause death. Well like I said earlier, he didn't create them to do this initially. Man's offence brought about the whole of creation being affected.

Are you familiar with hybridization technology? If you are, then you can get a clearer picture of what I'm about to say. Such bacteria gain their killing abilities as a result of interactions with other things in the environment. Hope you understand? Feel free to reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? / Is God Really Omniscient (All-Knowing)? / The Real Truth About The Rapture According To The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.