Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. (77227 Views)

PC Games Or Real Console Games(ps2,ps3, E.t.c) / What To Consider Before Buying Ps4 Console ? / Who Has Brought Gaming Console(ps2,ps3) From Alaba Internation And How Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
MrDojo:
good day everyone pls who can give me the price range for a used ps4 console....thank you in anticipation...
The price of a used PS4 actually depends on how and who you are buying from, if u want to buy from a store or a dealer then you'll have to budget 90k, I bought mine a month ago here on nairaland for just 72k (with two pads, fifa 14 and watchdogs included), and it works perfectly. So I believe the least price should be around 70k and 95k max

2 Likes

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by MrDojo(m): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Neemrod:

The price of a used PS4 actually depends on how and who you are buying from, if u want to buy from a store or a dealer then you'll have to budget 90k, I bought mine a month ago here on nairaland for just 72k (with two pads, fifa 14 and watchdogs included), and it works perfectly. So I believe the least price should be around 70k and 95k max

thanks for the info bro...........

2 Likes

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
MrDojo:

thanks for the info bro...........
Greetings Boss,good to see someone has answered your question and a big kudos to the supplier of the info.Hope the info helped you get the right package?

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by MrDojo(m): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
Not yet bro... But I'm happy I've a price range in mind now....

nigmarelli:

Greetings Boss,good to see someone has answered your question and a big kudos to the supplier of the info.Hope the info helped you get the right package?

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
MrDojo:
Not yet bro... But I'm happy I've a price range in mind now....

Alright.Glad to know you gained something at least on my thread.Best of luck with the purchase and happy hunting.Ciao.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
STO1070:

Its only a matter of time. I trust guys. Ps4 will be jailbroken

Na true o Boss,dont ever underestimate those hackers can do o!Some of those guys are extremely intelligent,if they put their minds to it they can do it.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Fash20: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2016
Is there anyone who is familiar with PS3 loading trophies freeze.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
Fash20:

Greetings house,abeg make person wey dey familiar with the issue wey Fash20 ask answer am o!
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2016

Greetings house,abeg make person wey dey familiar with the issue wey Fash20 ask answer am o!
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
nigmarelli:

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 10:42am On Nov 19, 2016
Fash20:

Greetings everyone,Fash20 you don get your solution?If not i recommend at Oluwaseunsodiq to youu o.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
Fash20:
I once fixed this issue by deleting the game data and reinstalling it. If that doesn't work you could try deleting the game saves and starting over. If neither of the two works, you could try reinstalling your firmware be it Ofw or Cfw. If that doesn't work either, you could try a different copy of the same game.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
Fash20:
If you're running on Ofw and you keep getting this issue on most of your games, just know that your bluray drive is about to die. It is however mostly a file system error issue, so try running a check on a hard drive.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
Boss Nigmarelli, how about we change the title of the thread to "Things to consider before you buy that playstation console". This would include topics on all playstation consoles apart from just the ps3. There are still some who might want to buy a ps1, ps2, ps4 or psp gaming system.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Fash20: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
nigmarelli:

Greetings everyone,Fash20 you don get your solution?If not i recommend at Oluwaseunsodiq to youu o.

Thanks guy. I appreciate
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Fash20: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
If you're running on Ofw and you keep getting this issue on most of your games, just know that your bluray drive is about to die. It is however mostly a file system error issue, so try running a check on a hard drive.

Thank you. I will try m change the hard drive me
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Boss Nigmarelli, how about we change the title of the thread to "Things to consider before you buy that playstation console". This would include topics on all playstation consoles apart from just the ps3. There are still some who might want to buy a ps1, ps2, ps4 or psp gaming system.

Greetings Boss Seun,that's not a bad idea but the issue is i gave it that title due to the fact that PS3 is my speciality.I have relatively little or no info on the others.Well this is what we'll do;if you want me to change the title you'll be the one supplying the info on the other platforms.If you agree,let me know here and i'll change the title.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2016
Greetings fellow nairalanders and happy Sunday to you all.Just wanted to sound this warning to all would be purchasers of hacked consoles in the future but dont know what to look for;never assume a console is hacked or hackable simply because it's fat or slim(except the consoles' firmware is 3.55 and below for by some chance be it fat or slim then we can safely say it's hackable please check to be sure also only consoles made in 2010 and below are hackable even at that a few might not be check the hackability status online first(usually serials Cech 2**** and below are downgradable and hackable),dont assume).Secondly,just because a console has some games in it you can play doesn't mean it's hacked(it could be games put their from PSN which are mostly demos and downloadable content(dlc),hacked consoles with custom firmware(cfw)always have a title on the splash screen when turned on e.g Rogero,rebug,ferrox,habibe.tc.accompanied with a file manager(multiman is the most popular,it could also be iris and install package files(pkg) option on the same colunmn as multiman).A genuine hacked console plays the exact cd rips of the cd games you buy anywhere as in the same thing just in softcopy format from either internal hard drive of console or external.Except the console has all the info i wrote that hacked consoles have it isn't hacked.
Take not guys,ran into a customer friend of mine who thought his PS3 was hacked just because it had some games on it only for me to get there and find out it wasn't.Cheers y'al.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
nigmarelli:

Greetings Boss Seun,that's not a bad idea but the issue is i gave it that title due to the fact that PS3 is my speciality.I have relatively little or no info on the others.Well this is what we'll do;if you want me to change the title you'll be the one supplying the info on the other platforms.If you agree,let me know here and i'll change the title.
I can provide all needed info on the ps2 and ps4. Not really that well familiar with the handhelds.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
I can provide all needed info on the ps2 and ps4. Not really that well familiar with the handhelds.

Okay then let's change it to PS2,PS3 and PS4 then.What do you think?
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
nigmarelli:

Okay then let's change it to PS2,PS3 and PS4 then.What do you think?
Okay boss, that'll do.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by obynocute(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
all this hack or jail break issues, I think mine can nt b jail breaked. Aniways m planning on getting pes16 tomorrow, pls o p hw can I download or get patch 4 it.... thanks boss.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Iammicboy(m): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Please how can I use ps2 av cord for ps3
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Iammicboy:
Please how can I use ps2 av cord for ps3

Greetings Boss,just connect the av cord to the av port of the PS3 and connect the yellow,red and white plus to you PS3.That's all.It's the same thing you do with the cord for PS2 that you do on PS3.Why not just use a Hdmi cord?It's much clearer.If you connect your functional av cord it should show when you change your tv channel to av,if it doesn't,hold the power button of PS3 till you hear one beep and let go of the power button.Power on you PS3 and tv afterwards and it would show.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
Meanwhile guys you can see the title/topic has changed.Not to worry info will be supplied for PS3 owners as always by me and other experts but PS2 and PS4 info will be supplied by none other but Boss Oluwaseunsodiq.Take note guys.Cheers.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by starkids: 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
@nigmarelli,good day,i beg oga i want to sell my old ps2(2pieces). i need the money urgently. i am in lagos oh
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
starkids:
@nigmarelli,good day,i beg oga i want to sell my old ps2(2pieces). i need the money urgently. i am in lagos oh

No problem Boss,na you send that sms?Just put it up for sale here in the video gams and gadgets for sale.I believe people go buy them.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 10:21am On Nov 22, 2016
nigmarelli:
Meanwhile guys you can see the title/topic has changed.Not to worry info will be supplied for PS3 owners as always by me and other experts but PS2 and PS4 info will be supplied by none other but Boss Oluwaseunsodiq.Take note guys.Cheers.
Okay boss, alright here's the info on Ps2.

Before you buy that ps2 console.

The ps2 was sony's 6th generation console. Other 6th gen consoles were the sega dremcast, nintendo gamecube and the original xbox.
The ps2 had a dvd drive and was able to play dvds and cds, excluding vcds. It had a cpu+gpu processor named as the EE+GS i.e emotion engine and graphics synthesizer respectively. The emotion engine was initially clocked at 294mhz then later 299mhz, while the graphics synthesizer was clocked at 147mhz. The best selling title on the console was gta san andreas, which sold over 18million copies. It also had backwards compatibility for existing Playstation 1 titles.

The ps2 had several revisions, the first 2 versions scph10000 and scph15000 do not have built in dvd playback. This can however be installed through a setup disc onto the ps2 8mb memory card. All versions of the ps2 except the scph90000 and above can be softmodded with freemcboot.

Freemcboot

Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) is a homebrew software which is designed to setup your PlayStation 2 console and provide you with a means of launching homebrew software, without the need for any extra hardware, modifications to your console or dangerous tricks like the legendary swap trick.

FMCB was originally developed by Neme and Jimmikaelkael, but they have been kind enough to provide me with access to its source code, for me to make some improvements to it.

Freemcboot is now being developed by Sp193 of psx-scene and it is currently on version 1.95 which also has support for booting from internal hdd for ps2s which have hdds installed.

Homebrews

Fmcb is an exploit which allows for booting of other ps2 homebrews or execution files in .elf format. Popular homebrews are:

Openps2loader
Picodrive
Ps2bor
Ulaunchelf
Simple media server

And a host of others.

Choosing the right ps2 console

Almost all ps2 consoles are durable, it is however advisable for one to buy the slim version. The first two versions i.e scph10000 and scph15000 have issues with booting some homebrews. Fcmb however runs perfectly on all consoles and so does openps2loader.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by nigmarelli(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Okay boss, alright here's the info on Ps2.

Before you buy that ps2 console.

The ps2 was sony's 6th generation console. Other 6th gen consoles were the sega dremcast, nintendo gamecube and the original xbox.
The ps2 had a dvd drive and was able to play dvds and cds, excluding vcds. It had a cpu+gpu processor named as the EE+GS i.e emotion engine and graphics synthesizer respectively. The emotion engine was initially clocked at 294mhz then later 299mhz, while the graphics synthesizer was clocked at 147mhz. The best selling title on the console was gta san andreas, which sold over 18million copies. It also had backwards compatibility for existing Playstation 1 titles.

The ps2 had several revisions, the first 2 versions scph10000 and scph15000 do not have built in dvd playback. This can however be installed through a setup disc onto the ps2 8mb memory card. All versions of the ps2 except the scph90000 and above can be softmodded with freemcboot.

Freemcboot

Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) is a homebrew software which is designed to setup your PlayStation 2 console and provide you with a means of launching homebrew software, without the need for any extra hardware, modifications to your console or dangerous tricks like the legendary swap trick.

FMCB was originally developed by Neme and Jimmikaelkael, but they have been kind enough to provide me with access to its source code, for me to make some improvements to it.

Freemcboot is now being developed by Sp193 of psx-scene and it is currently on version 1.95 which also has support for booting from internal hdd for ps2s which have hdds installed.

Homebrews

Fmcb is an exploit which allows for booting of other ps2 homebrews or execution files in .elf format. Popular homebrews are:

Openps2loader
Picodrive
Ps2bor
Ulaunchelf
Simple media server

And a host of others.

Choosing the right ps2 console

Almost all ps2 consoles are durable, it is however advisable for one to buy the slim version. The first two versions i.e scph10000 and scph15000 have issues with booting some homebrews. Fcmb however runs perfectly on all consoles and so does openps2loader.

Hmmmm nice one Boss.Nairalanders take note o!Some high tech info coming from Maestro Oluwaseunsodiq himself.
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
Openps2loader

Open PS2 Loader is a 100% Open source game loader compatible with USB Advance /Extreme game format and also with plain ISO format.

Open PS2 Loader also is developed continuously and anyone can contribute improvements to the project .

Open PS2 Loader can load games though USB, network (SMB ) and from the PS2 's HDD unit.

It supports all models of the PlayStation 2, and the PlayStation 3 models with PlayStation 2 backward compatibility .

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by sleemoon(m): 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
starkids:

How much for the 2pcs
Re: Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. by ancestorial(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
please I need you to help me with this issue. My ps3 console switches itself off after two minutes of playing a game on it. Somebody told me it is YLOD Yellow light of death. Please what is the solution to the problem or how can I fix it. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

What Does Man Do 3 Times A Day And Woman Do Once In Lifetime?? / Illuminati Symbol On Candy Crush Saga? (Pictures) / Official " New Releases " Thread. Check For Latest Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.