Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? (3256 Views)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Can I Marry Cheap, Recession And Age Not Friendly Anymore / Which Tribe Of Girls Are The Most Endowed? / Which Tribe Would You Want You Hubby/Wifey To Be From And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
Alright good evening my people, as you all know, every tribe in Nigeria has its own local song that got you rolling shaking your head, feeling the sensible lyrics that touches politics, life and the problems in the country. To be truthful, if you have listen to various songs from different tribes. WHICH TRIBE IN NIGERIA HAS THE BEST LOCAL SONGS WITH SENSIBLE LYRICS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by onstelly(f): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
I give it to the igbos
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by HungerBAD: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
The East.

I am a Niger Deltan, Got my first degree from a University in the South South too,born and bred in the West(Lagos), did most of my Secondary Schooling in the North, did my NYSC Service and also obtained my first Post-Graduate Degree from the East.

I am a detribalized Nigerian, as i have tasted all the cultures of the Country, and can authoritatively tell you about the best place(s) for Music in Nigeria. The East has a multitude of problems, but when it comes to Music?let us not even go there as they are the BEST.

Lagos is just the melting pot for talents.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by cruzita(f): 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
Yoruba and Igbo

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
HungerBAD:
The East.
Its a lie bro. i have listen to quite a good number of local songs in the east but edo local songs are the best. mind you im not an edo guy, neither do i live in benin, but edo songs are educative and touches all aspect of life, most especially politics.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by EmperorLee(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ọmọshare Na we tribe na cheesy. All dos abo abo songs.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
cruzita:
Yoruba and Igbo
have you listen to edo songs?
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mtchewwww...

Thank God tomato price is coming down.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Mtchewwww...
Thank God tomato price is coming down.
sigh off topic post.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by FoolishPig(m): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
Its a lie bro. i have listen to quite a good number of local songs in the east but edo local songs are the best. mind you im not an edo guy, neither do i live in benin, but edo songs are educative and touches all aspect of life, most especially politics.

Do you understand igbo or yoruba language? If no, then you are a dunce.

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Maxi112: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
osadebe Oliver d coke sir warrior, oriental brothers, etc... I'm not igbo but I think I enjoy their high life alot

especially osita
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Lavedaa: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
I'd say Igbo and Yorubas'
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
FoolishPig:

Do you understand igbo or yoruba language? If no, then you are a dunce.
yeah i understand yoruba and igbo. igbo local songs are all about love, love, love trying to imitate bollywood. it does not make sense. cc: lalasticlala
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by ronald4lif(m): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
Igbo kwenu!!! I can only say Igbo coz that's the only local language I understand.

If you understand Igbo then you'd agree that there's no highlife musician in Naija that can square up against the likes of Oliver De Coque, Osita Osadebe, Bright Chimezie, Morrocco Maduka, Pericoma and the list is endless. How I love Igbo highlife. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by EmperorLee(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
Maxi112:
osadebe Oliver d coke sir warrior, oriental brothers, etc... I'm not igbo but I think I enjoy their high life alot

especially osita

grin You be ancient man
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
onstelly:
I give it to the igbos
your opinion though. but i think edo, urhobo and fulani songs are more educative and emotional.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Owerri highlife songs takes me to the moon,
and Bright Chimezie African Prince Band.
Not forgetting, King Ogenwanne and his umuahia traditional odumodu music. So adorable..

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by obiorathesubtle: 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ijaw songs are full of inspiration.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Maxi112:

especially osita
Do their lyrics makes sense? definitely no.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Maxi112: 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
EmperorLee:

grin You be ancient man
grin grin not a kid any longer cheesy
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Ijaw songs are full of inspiration.
SECONDED.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Maxi112: 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
Do their lyrics makes sense? definitely no.
are you kidding me osita osadebe?

go to some clubs here in ph, dj's do play them

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by EmperorLee(m): 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
Maxi112:
grin grin not a kid any longer cheesy

You be person papa na, hunhun People papa grin
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Maxi112: 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
EmperorLee:

You be person papa na, hunhun People papa grin
lolz.. abeg oh b4 peeps go tag me baby daddy grin
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by EmperorLee(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
Maxi112:
lolz.. abeg oh b4 peeps go tag me baby daddy grin

Make I dey go before I derail this guy thread grin
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
Maxi112:
are you kidding me osita osadebe?

go to some clubs here in ph, dj's do play them

True though, but if you go to benin and listen to edo locals that touches Nigeria politics, life, the economy and the secret things going on in the country, i swear you will love benin. their musicians have guts, when it comes to bashing bad governance.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Maxi112: 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
EmperorLee:

Make I dey go before I derail this guy thread grin
better go cheesy we suppose decorate you with award for that grin
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Maxi112: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
True though, but if you go to benin and listen to edo locals that touches Nigeria politics, life, the economy and the secret things going on in the country, i swear you will love benin. their musicians have guts, when it comes to bashing bad governance.
bro you see delta and rivers state, their song are dope. filled with inspiration.

tho I don't know much about Edo... kudos to them but osita osadebe remains the best to me

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Yuneehk(f): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
ronald4lif:
Igbo kwenu!!! I can only say Igbo coz that's the only local language I understand.

If you understand Igbo then you'd agree that there's no highlife musician in Naija that can square up against the likes of Oliver De Coque, Osita Osadebe, Bright Chimezie, Morrocco Maduka, Pericoma and the list is endless. How I love Igbo highlife. embarassed
You've written it all cheesy
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by ronald4lif(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
Yuneehk:

You've written it all cheesy

Hmmm ya ibu nwa-afor Igbo? Amaghi dim sef. Do you like highlife too?
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Yuneehk(f): 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
ronald4lif:

Hmmm ya ibu nwa-afor Igbo? Amaghi dim sef. Do you like highlife too?
I am. Not really. I used to tho

I prefer the genre of ermm likes of Gozie and Chioma Jesus cheesy
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by mhisbliss(f): 9:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
Of course everyone will say it's his or her tribe so I'm just here to read comments

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

All The Things Guys Do 'while Preparing For S*x' / 50 Cent Storms IG Page Of Endowed Nigerian Girl Roman Goddess To Praise Her Ass / Making money online,has never been this easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.