Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,175 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? (3353 Views)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Can I Marry Cheap, Recession And Age Not Friendly Anymore / Which Tribe Of Girls Are The Most Endowed? / Which Tribe Would You Want You Hubby/Wifey To Be From And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by ronald4lif(m): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
Yuneehk:

I am. Not really. I used to tho

I prefer the genre of ermm likes of Gozie and Chioma Jesus cheesy

Ama'm na igaghi a like à, highlife aburo egwu umuasi indomie generation na. Egwu unu bu hip-hop na egwu ndi echi bikini eti. grin
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Cutezt(m): 10:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
onstelly:
I give it to the igbos
Gbam!!! Especially The Ogele Abi Na Ogene Music, Igbo Bunk.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Cutezt(m): 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
Its a lie bro. i have listen to quite a good number of local songs in the east but edo local songs are the best. mind you im not an edo guy, neither do i live in benin, but edo songs are educative and touches all aspect of life, most especially politics.
chei, Bro, Dat Dem Music Wey B Like Dem Dey Speak Hindu?
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by JoeCutie(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
First and foremost, Igbo highlife (egwu ekpiri) rocks! It's (mostly) actually for 'big men'. Most of their lyrics take your mind way back... Igbos have a very rich culture. tongue

Secondly, Yoruba fuji is dope. The likes of King Sunny Ade, with their talking drums? My oh my... I almost enjoy the sound of those drums more than jollof. It's typical for owambe. And Yorubas with their Fuji have a way of forcing you up from your seat. You must dance! cheesy

Finally, Deltans are on point too. There was this guy, Smart William, with his album 'Ndokwa special'. He's dead though. Some of them - especially those of them from Delta-Igbo areas - are trying. There's this other song, 'azu agwoagwo'. It makes sense
. grin

5 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Yuneehk(f): 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
ronald4lif:

Ama'm na igaghi a like à, highlife aburo egwu umuasi indomie generation na. Egwu unu bu hip-hop na egwu ndi echi bikini eti. grin
Anaghim aghota Igbo since awum umuazi indomie generation tongue

I told you I used to listen to highlife na. Obinwanne by Oriental Brothers remains my favourite. Hafu egwu hip hop aka biko!
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 19, 2016
Cutezt:
chei, Bro, Dat Dem Music Wey B Like Dem Dey Speak Hindu?
LMAO
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2016
Maxi112:
bro you see delta and rivers state, their song are dope. filled with inspiration.

tho I don't know much about Edo... kudos to them but osita osadebe remains the best to me
abeg tell am. Delta n Rivers. Their songs are super dope.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 19, 2016
Maxi112:
bro you see delta and rivers state, their song are dope. filled with inspiration.

tho I don't know much about Edo... kudos to them but osita osadebe remains the best to me
King Robert Ebizimor. U know na Him n Osadebe. Are my best of all Time. Nobody comes close to King Robert Ebizimor songs in the Whole Niger delta. N d Eastern Part is King dennis Osadebe. The Two gods of traditional musics. Dealing with politics. Good marriage. Crime. Reality. Tributes for family n freinds. I repeat nobody is above dis Two. Becux they could travel out to perform for their brothers outside d country too.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 19, 2016
Yuneehk:

You've written it all cheesy
I listens to all their songs. I do understand a ibo a little becux i know how to speak d Ukwani of Delta state. But truth be told Only Osadebe is a god in dat ur list. I have King Robert Ebizimor to Square with Osadebe.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Maxi112: 7:08am On Jul 19, 2016
uupgrade:
King Robert Ebizimor U know na Him n Osadebe. Are my best of all Time. Nobody comes close to King Robert Ebizimor songs in the Whole Niger delta. N d Eastern Part is King dennis Osadebe. The Two gods of traditional musics. Dealing with politics. Good marriage. Crime. Reality. Tributes for family n freinds. I repeat nobody is above dis Two. Becux they could travel out to perform for their brothers outside d country too.
@embolden... doesn't know ebizimor with his style of music is a learner to high life music.

funny enough, I don't sleep with blues jams they tag cool music... bro play osadebe or Robert Ebizimor doing bed time, you will just sleep and weak up like a baby.

it will inspire your spirit the next day.... try it, you'll notice the diff the next day
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 19, 2016
Maxi112:
@embolden... doesn't know ebizimor with his style of music is a learner to high life music.

funny enough, I don't sleep with blues jams they tag cool music... bro play osadebe or Robert Ebizimor doing bed time, you will just sleep and weak up like a baby.

it will inspire your spirit the next day.... try it, you'll notice the diff the next day
lol. Abi. I will try it. Thanks for d info

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by princeakins(m): 8:49am On Jul 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Owerri highlife songs takes me to the moon,
and Bright Chimezie African Prince Band.
Not forgetting, King Ogenwanne and his umuahia traditional odumodu music. So adorable..

Nyc one buh wah do u fink of d yorubas song u'v listened to?

Wah tribe r u miss
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2016
princeakins:

Nyc one buh wah do u fink of d yorubas song u'v listened to?
Wah tribe r u miss
i admire sunny ade and fela kuti. I am Igbo by tribe.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Traditional Local Song In Nigeria? by princeakins(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
i admire sunny ade and fela kuti.
I am Igbo by tribe.

Those are d babas of music in ma tribe. cheesy
Hardly seen som1 dt listened to doz legend, i admire dt bou u.

Igbo! my guess was almost ryt, u guyz r fun n Cool.Ma service year was in one of ur state, twas an interestin one..

How is ur mornin startin out smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Told Me "Babe Please Take Off My Shirt", Then... / See What Happened To Lagos Big Boy After Sleeping With A Calabar Sales Girl / Is Spending Money On A Girl Who Isn't Your Gf Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.