Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria (30461 Views)

Sultan: Corruption At A Very High Level In Nigeria… Things Are Not Okay / 14 Things To To Tell That Things Are Yet To Be Normal In Our Country / 13 Things To Show That Things Are Yet To Be Normal In Our Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by xmileeasy: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2016
LuveU2:
True embarassed

btw dear, pls i need you to vote for my candidate right in my siggy, just like you voted last year, 2015
Voting commences next week and i will surely notify u with the appropriate link when it starts. Thank u!

Awaiting ur reply! smiley

Noted ma'am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by dvee2: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2016
Omooba77:
Things are quite difficult for Nigerians these days and these are some of my observation in Lagos;
1. Roads look deserted; many people can not cope with high cost of fuel
2. Filling stations are less patronized
3. Shops and market stalls are not well stocked
4. More corporate beggars
5. Crime on the increase
6. People are spending more on foods and basic necessities
7. Job loss in the last nine months is very alarming
Our prayer is that God will heal the land

Things don't just start getting tougher overnight. Either you did not plan for future or an unplanned natural disaster. In the case of Nigeria, it is the failure to plan for the future when everything was going good for Nigeria. And who is responsible for that failure? They are those who have been in power for 15 years and fail to plan for Nigeria. It is those who shared Billions amongst themselves without saving for a rainy day.

3 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Kekeiyke(m): 10:34am On Jul 19, 2016
I think time is gradually coming for us to wake up and demand for quick solutions to all these.Civil demonstration is the starting point.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by muller101(m): 10:37am On Jul 19, 2016
Ayoswit:
Yet a lot of people queue up at d ATM to withdraw money.
they are withdrawing their sins. Not money
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Mmadu111: 10:38am On Jul 19, 2016
dvee2:

Things don't just start getting tougher overnight. Either you did not plan for future or an unplanned natural disaster. In the case of Nigeria, it is the failure to plan for the future when everything was going good for Nigeria. And who is responsible for that failure? They are those who have been in power for 15 years and fail to plan for Nigeria. It is those who shared Billions amongst themselves without saving for a rainy day.
Blaming or getting to work which one pays better?. When there is a damage, there should be a prompt and prudent action for rehabilitation. Tired of blams please, Nigerians are suffering, don't you get it?

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by sekundosekundo: 10:40am On Jul 19, 2016
May19th:
IPOB Yoots come down here and do your daily job, atleast "buhari is a dullard" will do then u can as well add "leave fayose and fani kayode alone"

For you to enter voice mail like this means you agree with the op.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 19, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
What do you expect when a dullard is the president?

ofcus wat do u xpect frm d dullard wen ex- brillant landed us whr we found ourselves ...we neva planned 4 d future n it here, face it.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by sekundosekundo: 10:48am On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:
Signs that Things Will Get Better in Nigeria,

Unlike before,

1. Stealing is now corruption, you steal codedly now.
2. States are now devising means to up their IGRs instead of waiting on Aso Rock.
3. Dangote refinery and other major projects would soon be completed thus providing jobs.
4. Politicians and bureaucrats (Buratai, Fayose et al) now fear Sahara Reporters more than food poisoning.
5. Nigerians are more politically conscious than ever

Things are hard economically, no doubt, but when I consider the hard times Singaporeans, Malaysians, Taiwanese, and other success stories went through, I believe we've got hope.

Check your dictionary and tell me if corruption and stealing are the same.

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by sekundosekundo: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2016
Omooba77:

God will help us, a colleague told me he has disposed his RAV 4 to buy a less fuel consumption car

That is Change.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Omooba77: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2016
2scorehigh:
My dear Omooba77, the truth is that you see what you want to see.

Not meaning to take away anything from your points which in all are still very much valid, but the truth is that what many people see as a stumbling block, some other people may see it as a stepping stone.

My point is: I don't want us to dwell so much on the hard times but rather I want to to look at the opportunities therein that such a bleak economic outlook may present to us.

This why I suggest you take a look at this great and wonderful article by Steve Pavlina: How To Make A Lot of Money During Recession

You might learn a thing or two from it.

Thank you.

I understand you sir, but the Risk Assessment flagged red,red and red.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by dvee2: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2016
Mmadu111:
Blaming or getting to work which one pays better?. When there is a damage, there should be a prompt and prudent action for rehabilitation. Tired of blams please, Nigerians are suffering, don't you get it?

Nigerians have been suffering, it didn't start today. Who told you they have not gotten to work? You call it blame, others would call it knowing perspective. If you don't know the reason or where you are coming from, you wont know where you are going to sir.

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by dvee2: 10:57am On Jul 19, 2016
WHY WE ARE KILLING CORRUPTION
@Yinka Ogunnubi Wrote:
1. Allow me to share a few thoughts on the unique relationship between our whole economic system and corruption. And why we need to stay the course

2. First we must realize that Our social and economic system was not just corrupt, CORRUPTION WAS THE SYSTEM. Corruption was what actually sustained it.

3. From the Banking sector to the Oil & gas sector to the Real Estate sector to the Military apparatus, the system was oiled by Corruption Inc.

4. Let's start with the banking sector.
The financial system was full of cash. Government cash placed to extract value for corrupt officials and not government

5. Of Course, this cash ensured liquidity which supposedly meant banks could lend at higher volumes and cheaper rates. But was that really the case?

6. Yes! if you were a big corporate body or you had a big last name or you were politically influential. But if u were an Small Medium Enterprises, SME, sorry you're On Your Own, OYO

7. Nevertheless this whole idea of Government cash fueling the system was d height of inefficiency since Government was still borrowing at record levels.

8. How about the Real Estate Sector. This sector fed off massively from corruption flows. Property became over-valued because some could pay over the odds.

9. Property yields that were modest went sky-high. The result? High vacancy rates. Property owners could afford to wait years for that big sale.

10. How about Oil & Gas Sector? Where do you want to start from? Do you want to start from the subsidy regime? From fake consumption figures to false claims?

11. Do you want to start with the cesspool of corruption called the NNPC and corrupt swap deals and bedroom bidding's? We know the result.

12. The result was that this corrupt system enriched some & made them billionaires. Their wealth trickled down to others. The Economy boomed.

13. Because they had cash, their wife's, kids, side chics, relatives, friends could buy properties, invest in companies, buy stocks, travel the world

14. What about the military? Professionalism was replaced with Business agility with Generals turning into contractors & becoming mega-rich.

15. Service Chiefs and Top Military Brass, were collecting billions from false procurement contracts, inflated payrolls and investing the cash

16. They and their kids bought properties (at above mkt price), invested in start-ups. The cash flowed freely...some back to us. We all smiled

17. How about the Police? Don't even get me started. This organisation gets allocated billions in the Federal budget & gets donations frm State and private organisation

18. Yet, its the same organisation that a current IG thinks it is ok for a former IG to retire with 4 exotic cars bought with tax payers money. ‪#‎Sigh‬

19. I could go on and on. But the truth of the matter is this:
The economy was on drugs - Hard Drugs. It was addicted to being run by Corruption Flows.

20. Like any addict, the difficult part is to be clean. Ever seen an addict in detox? Its not for the faint-hearted. Reason why its called "Tough Love"

21. What this government, the government of Pres. Muhammadu Buhari, has tried to do, as difficult and as unfriendly as it seems, is to wean this economy away from the stimulus of corruption flows

22. And like any addict, the system is fighting back. Its resisting medication. Its crying out for the corruption flows to come back so it has relief and gets high again.

23. Its the reason why banks will cry out against TSA..a system meant to ensure efficiency and that value is given to the due owner - Govt.

24. Its the reason why the Oil marketers will try to blackmail the entire country just to ensure they keep getting their subsidies.

25. Its the reason some avengers will blow up oil Wells just because their security contracts and access to easy cash is blocked or made difficult.

26. Its the reason why some will pad a budget; ignore calls for transparency like ‪#‎OpenNASS‬ & carry on with impunity. Because they are hooked on the Corruption drugs.

27. Any good care-giver will tell you..."Never let the cries of the patient deceive you...Tough Love demands you stay on course".

28. After sometime, the economy will find its point of equilibrium. Hopefully it will be a point no longer driven by corruption flows but real Trade

29. The other day, I went to price a property that was going for N70m about 2 years ago. Guess the new price of the property? N40m!

30. The real estate market is finding its equilibrium. Its coming to terms with the true value of the assets. The other sectors will follow.

31. So when next you hear the phrase "Corruption Fighting Back", know its not just a cliché, its actually the spasm of an addict trying get rid of drugs in the system to get clean.

9 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by AKPARAWAIBRA(m): 10:59am On Jul 19, 2016
this is a bitter world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by deltateam: 11:01am On Jul 19, 2016
HDee:
angry We are suffering because of the damage the past administration caused us.... The "STEALING IS NOT A CORRUPTION" led administration..

Your own case is hopeless if at this time you are still blaming past administration where a paint of garri was #250 now it is #600, fuel was at worst #120 now its #145 and increasing soon etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Mmadu111: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2016
dvee2:

Nigerians have been suffering, it didn't start today. Who told you they have not gotten to work? You call it blame, others would call it knowing perspective. If you don't know the reason or where you are coming from, you wont know where you are going to sir.
The point is that, more effort should deployed in tackling the current challenges. Youths are not smiling and crime rate seems to have increased, outweighing the past records. High concentration on digging up past actions, certainly will slow the present movement and could thwart a lot of things okay!. There is a lot of publicity stunts going on, ask the real like farmers and the investors them selves then you'll the know I'm talking about.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by sekundosekundo: 11:07am On Jul 19, 2016
Omooba77:

God will help us, a colleague told me he has disposed his RAV 4 to buy a less fuel consumption car

That is Change.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Mmadu111: 11:08am On Jul 19, 2016
dvee2:

The point is that, more effort should be deployed in tackling the current challenges. Youths are not smiling and crime rate seems to have increased, outweighing the past records. High concentration on digging up past actions, certainly will slow the present movement and could thwart a lot of things okay!. There is a lot of publicity stunts going on, ask the real people involved like farmers and the investors them selves, then you'll know what I'm talking about. Let's forget about the media and look up for things the way they are(facts).

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by nobsalis: 11:08am On Jul 19, 2016
kossyablaze:
Lol I dey chill for cote d ivore....

who ask u
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by nobsalis: 11:12am On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:

Unlike before,

2. States are now devising means to up their IGRs instead of waiting on Aso Rock.
3. Dangote refinery and other major projects would soon be completed thus providing jobs.
4. Politicians and bureaucrats (Buratai, Fayose et al) now fear Sahara Reporters more than food poisoning.

Things are hard economically, no doubt, but when I consider the hard times Singaporeans, Malaysians, Taiwanese, and other success stories went through, I believe we've got hope.

ogbeni u nailed it. Especially d Buratai and co
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by ahahnow: 11:14am On Jul 19, 2016
8. Frequent Arm Robbery
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Awaja(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2016
Some dudes won't still see any problem with the glaring truths about Nigeria sliding into oblivion ,we are been scammed.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:

When smart people warned the AFONJAs to consult their God before voting, did they.?

You don't ignore God's wisdom and expect him to jump in to help you when you find yourself in trouble.

Whenever spiritual warnings are given, take it serious because God might hands off when his warning comes to past
So u mean say dem no seek the prophesies of the pastors before dem do election,abi u no hear how dem election money?Maybe God just wan restructure us who know?
We get expanse of land dey complain say tomato cost,I neva see chicken waka 4 obodo oyinbo b4 but chicken cheap 4 there,here u see chicken everywhere yet chicken cost,we need look outside the box

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by chimauga(m): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2016
And it is happening in APE APC regime

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by kurt09(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2016
Ayoswit:
Yet a lot of people queue up at d ATM to withdraw money.
You're right. The last time I queued up, I withdrew 2k sent by a nairalander(Ymodulus).
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by LuveU2(f): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2016
xmileeasy:

Noted ma'am.
Thank u!!! cheesy
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by PoorUgly(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2016
Sorry o!

Nigeria is suffering from 16 years of wastefulness, extravagance spending, laziness, insane stealing, chronic borrowing, lack of direction. Too much free money(EGO MBUTE).

Polithievesicians who only cared about their bank accounts abroad instead of investing and utilizing legally funds allocated to them killed the country.

The sooner we bend down and make Nigeria a productive economy the better for us.

Things may be hard for you but my little food processing business is getting richer.

A small bucket cup of unshelled breadfruit that went for N180/N200 last year goes for N350/N360 this year. Almost double.

With no capital no initial investment.

Thank God for my grand mother that planted breadfruit trees.

The present administration wants ingrown home grown productivity. You should go and find something hot selling and start producing.

Instead of lamenting you will start getting richer like me.

Matter of fact, I invest some part of the Breastfruit money into mini importation of power banks.

Thank God again for the militants that are blowing pipelines, no electricity and power banks are selling well.

BE PRODUCTIVE AND STOP LAMENTING BECAUSE FREE MONEY IS GONE! GOD, I WISH IT CAN BE FOREVER.

4 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by damon222: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2016
boss1310:
when you say"signs"it looks as if you are trying to get approval,let's just call it what it is.Nigeria is going through the worst time of its economic history.
The so rich are even feeling it when you notice that our top 10 rich men fortunes are less than what they were last year.anybody who still claim oblivious of our precarious condition is still being spoon fed by the parents or just in total denial
forget all this una party or tribal loyalty none of those things matter in the scheme of things,Nigeria is a country and whether you like being in it or not the fact is that this country really need something to change cos we are really heading to a very dangerous destination
I am a pensioner. Meaning I am fairly of age. For about three to four weeks ago I noticed that the streets of many cities are dried up. I then asked if schools are on vacation? I was told no. Then why are the cities emty. It was traced to hardship that many companies have folded, many school children are with drawn, many shop are closed. I then took pains to go round and discovered that two private schools close to my compound are almost closing down.
About the middle of June to date, I have seen three mistrious deaths. (1) a neighbour took his wife to her shop, returned home and went back to bring her back home about five pm. He bought orranges, leak some, went back to easy himself, returned, sat on his chairs and died (2) another neighbour and his family went to church in the evening (night vigil) at about 10, the wife discovered the husband was sleeping. She then tapped him, asking if he is sleeping about two times, behold, the third time the man just fell, rushed to a near hospital and died. (3) This was a little far from my compound but was close to my friend's home. A man of about fifty years collapsed while offering closing prayer in the church. Am sure these strange deads have something to do with these current hopeleness, frustrations and hardship. My advise to people is that they should be very prepared and careful. We are talking of more than four years because Buhari has condermn the society. As am posting this, my three tenants are owing me. I am almost hopeless too if not for my farms.

3 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Omooba77: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:

Unlike before,

Alagba Bolu this government needs prayer; there is no direction anywhere; we will get there, but blame game need to stop sir
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by xmileeasy: 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
LuveU2:
Thank u!!! cheesy

You are welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Jacko01: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:

Unlike before,

If i wooz u and silly hope

Do you stay in nigeria at all.... Poo has hit the fan

Things are bleak

You saying hope.... Dirty hop ma behind

Call a spade a spade... Bubu has failed on all hos promises.... Oil affectee many countries.... But we dont hear angola... Uae...qatar go thru such
Only countries like venezuela and nigeria experience such
Because they both have leaders out of touch wirh the masses

Looting os still going on in buhari regime
Corruption still goes on
Cbn emploting children of all top govt ppl
Buratai enriching himself
Kemi adeosun chillin in this hard times
Lightning fire buhari oda ear nonsense
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by mizzyboy007: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
This is not a "let's keep praying to God matter".... This is a revolution matter.... we the people have to revolt against things happening in our country Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Slam Femi Adesina Over Statement On President Buhari's Health / Orji Uzor-kalu: I Picked Abaribe From The Gutter / El Rufai Has Been Quiet About The Nigerian Military Victory Over Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.