Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:30 PM

Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. (21714 Views)

How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Stanleywaxy(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
More images of the text messages I sent him

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by jidxin(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
My own story sweet pass ..dz is how it went

I needed a fone badly nd i was wit 10k so i got to computer village nd i saw a cheap camon techno 4 10 k na so i collect fone oo nd i tested every bit of it i even put my sim card inside na so i tell d guy make we waka down but d guy no gree he said wat if dem guys waylay him nd collect d money nko so we went his own way right under dat bridge i gave him 10k but after he collected it he said i should put more dat its too small den i added 1k but still not contented den my suspicion raised red light mehn but i decided to continue d transaction meanwhile d fone is already in my inner jacket. He returned d money to me again nd collected it bk again while dz was going on, a guy just came from nowhere nd shouted "hey hey i told u to stop selling fone here oya return d money sharp sharp" but i kept my cool so he approached me to return d fone but i told him money first so he handed me d money nd i was about to count it lo nd behold d money had been sub changed wit 1 thousand naira wrapping a perfectly cut news paper into d size of money nd i heard d guy dat came to harass us to d seller dat" eleyi jasi oooo dz one sabi oo oloshé ni guy yii sha" so i told him to asap return my money na so i collect my money nd i counted it b4 i gave dem d fone ..funny thing was dat doz ppl selling around knew wat happened but decided to feign ignorance nd dz guy dat want to sell d fone na one ibo fine boy oooo..but i sharp pass dem anyway

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by udy4real(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Am experiencing one now,sent money to someone ave been doing business with in germany to help a cousin buy a truck but he decided to use d money for something else dis time around and has been telling me one story after another,its not an easy thing ooooo

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Payshence(f): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
BlindAngel:
Yes ooo atleast 4times, if am right.

Haaa,only you?Your moniker has said it all. grin
All this scammers sef.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Bolaadu(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
kissval1388:
Hello Nairalanders,,,, with the current situation of the country and economy melt down, many youths who are jobless, have resulted to scamming and duping people on the street since scamming is the easiest way to make quick money nowadays. just yesterday I was scammed by some street boys https://www.nairaland.com/3238843/beware-these- scammers-town-victim I decided to create this thread so that you can share your experience if you have been scammed or duped in anyway by these jobless predators roaming the street. For those who claim they are street wise, you can also drop some advice so that others can learn. I believe that a problem shared is a problem solved. this would go a long way to help others, identify a scammer at first sight. thanks!!!
Hope MMM is not a scam?
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by histemple: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
dominique:

20Gb for 90 days? And you believed him? Honestly it baffles me that people are falling for this petty and ridiculous scam. Goes to show that some Nigerians are quite gullible.

Gullible people are everywhere around the globe, not only in Nigeria and they will continue to exist. It's even the whites that are easily scammed.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by tunatrezy(m): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
They tried their way with me but never get succeed.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Payshence(f): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ayodejioak:

Na so my bros gimme him HTC to swap for q5. I net this guy, he took me upstairs. I sat at where seem to be his shop he hands me a q10 and asks me to pay 40k for it (just came out then). Na so I say I wan swap with my HTC m7 and I go add money join... we agreed on 10k na so I collect fone, give am money dey wan dey go... as I reach downstairs na him he say he no sell again say ekeh (police) don dey come my side. Na so he give me my assumed money and I collect my fone back. Only to take few steps and check the actual money... Oh boy na NICELY FOLDED PALI o. I juz enta cab go house and keep the carton. That was the only time tho. Could have been any one sha. tongue grin cheesy

You people will not kill somebody with laff ooo..Wetin you keep the pali for naaa?d more u c d pali d more u remember d sh*t.Pele oooo.lol
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Payshence(f): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
Very interesting topic...Op wagbayi..
Have been laffing since no b small buy its painful no b small.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by kunlegboye(m): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
I was scammed by this nairalander who had earlier advertised on this forum about his online sale of data bundles. According to him, he would deliver the data while his customers pay after delivery. This caught my attention and wanted to buy from him sincere his data is cheap, 5G for N1500.Menhh! was tempting. The one I normally buy from MTN is at the rate of N3000 for 3G.For my mind I would be able to cut cost and use more data.
Since I realized I needed larger Data bundle for some jobs and I could get this at a cheaper rate else where, I decided to call him for data purchase. He said he would encrypt the data so I won’t be able to use it until I sent N1500 worth of recharge card to him. He sent it, and little did I know that it was a mere customized sms. I sent his 1500 worth of recharge card. After the guy had confirmed it, I called him so that he could activate my 5G for me but that was the end of the story! The guy didn’t pick my call afterward.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by sunzie(m): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ok!

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by emvico(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
kissval1388:
My own is the worst, I have been scammed to the
extent that I begin to think the problem is from my
village.
before I sleep, I will commit my dreams in to the
hands of God so that I won't be scammed in the
dream and during my morning devotion, I still pray
to God not to Encounter these guys on the street.
But I have come to realize that GREED is the
problem. yes Greediness!!!! I thought been Educated
is everything.
Special thanks to the Nairalanders that made me
agree that am greedy. yes am very greedy thats why
those guys kept eating me mugu.
I promise I won't be greedy in life again. I will be
contented with the little I have.

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Kakamorufu(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
He came to buy pure water in my mum shop, buh ended up stealing my motorola c130 along. Mtew. D guy no go experience beta

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by MrTour: 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
I was scammed by one idiot on Nairaland, he pretended he was selling paypal funds and requested I send him the equivalent of N70k first, I was very reluctant cos he may not deliver so I asked him to send first since paypal is safe and secure. He said he had been scammed before for doing that so I decided on plan B, I told him I will send the Naira to him first on his bank account and he will then credit my paypal account with the equivalent, but I can only risk $15 per transaction, he reluctantly agreed.

I credited him with the first N4500 and the guy kept saying he didn't get the money for over two hrs, in the third hour he ignored me up till today.

This has been over 4 months now and I need my hard earnerd N4500 back cos hunger dey now sad

10 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by PhemmyTinny(m): 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
I accompanied my lil cousin to camp village cos I av a beta understanding of aw tinz r done dre. He wanted to get 2 Q5s and I tuk him to d rite shop to get dem. On our way to withdraw from d Atm, a guy flashd m a Q10 and afta negotiations, we agreed to pay 30k (then, used Q10 was arnd 50k) so I tot it was a gud deal.

So d guy also followed us to the Atm. I withdrew d money and handed it ova to him and collected d fone, inserted my sim n was vry hapi. Only for anoda random guy to approach m dat am one of dos who buy stolen fones and he was very serious...lolx...didn't knw dats d setup!

D guy I bot the fone from immediately returned my money and demanded for the fone so I obliged.

I was so terrified that I didn't even count the money, I jez kept it cos d oda guy kept accusing me of buying stolen fones. Minwhyl, my lil cousin was wiv m all tru!

D guy wiv the fone took off and asked me to do the same! Lolx

I got to a place and it dawned on me that I must av ben duped!

I brought out the money only to find out the guy folded just N1000 note around a bundle of N10s n N5s...lyk WTF!!!

He made away wiv 29k out of 30k I gav him!!!

Com n see d way I was spraying the stupid money lyk E-money's spraying machine!!!

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by 6baba(m): 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
Choi! can't stop laughing.... una no go kill me,pesin buy fufu for 6k5 nawa oh! a'aru
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Helivesinme73(f): 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
DABMarkNig2019:
We were all scammed by the APC last year by the current government of Nigeria. So by 2019, we have to do the needful by changing the change to prevent our dear nation from total collapse. Thank you!
APC= SCAM
.you are funny.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by borie4u(m): 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
I was duped twice or magad twice.
1. I was scammed by a Fulani man and a Yoruba pastor. They promised before election and after canvassing for them and voting for them they started talking on both sides of the mouth. They no their self and will be coming next 3yyears n I promise that na stone I go use break their head.
2. I was scammed at idumota while coming from a client. I remember that I was on my masters degree at Unilag. I saw people begging me to play that it was lottery from Edo state and that I just need to pick three numbers. I told them am not interested n they should let me go. After picking 3 numbers they said I have won a generator set n I should pay 1k to redeem d price. When I con remember that my gen is bad na so I pay. After payment na so they waka go look for another customer dadaani. I say make dey give me my money na slap I receive . funniest thing na say police dey look us as dey dey swindle me. One man told me say make I dey go jejely say if I tell police dey go collect dia own n I no go still see any money. So anytime I pass dia I pretend like say I be novice n waste dia time well well before I go tell dem say I be one man customer now. Say I don patronize dem before .

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Xtopher123(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
Got Scammed through Olx...

Was desperately in need of a Q10 then and met the scammer that wanted to sell @ 40K, Was in Owerri then and he was in Lagos, told hime to send the phone which he agreed and that i should pay upfront 20K which i did...

Long story short, the Delivery driver number he gave me which i kept calling till 10pm kept giving me excuse that his vehicle spoilt somewhere and he's repairing to arrive the next day.. later he wouldnt pick anymore... Called the number with another line to be sure he's not skipping my call delibrately...

.......Fast Forward.....

Behold the Guy (sacmmer) was the one that called back saying i called his other line (driver).. That was when my eye opened.. it all hapened like film

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by SuperSuave(m): 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
I was just scammed last week through an advert banner I saw on NL "1gb for #500" I've paid since last week Thursday now and up til today my calls and text have made no impact. Thanks to NL mods and bots for always hiding my Posts about this scam. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by SuperSuave(m): 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
[size=15pt]I was just scammed last week through an advert banner I saw on NL "1gb for #500" I've paid since last week Thursday now and up til today my calls and text have made no impact. Thanks to NL mods and bots for always hiding my Posts about this scam.[/size] angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Yea buh I ended up scamming the fool...He was shocked.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by ojonugwa4me: 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
My was last week friday,i saw on nairaland a post on MTN promo on www.freemtnpromo.com
I quickly rush to the website and follow the instructions on the site,
The first thing was to input your number to confirm if you are eligible or not,
I did and my number was eligible so i move to the next page which shows if you recharge some amount you get big amount as bonus,i bought a card of 1000 and input it on the page already displaying my number and its was successful the next page was please wait for an sms confirmation on your phone of the promised bonus after 3hrs.
When i waited for the whole day ,and waited till wednesday its then i new i have been scarmed
So please people beware .www.freemtnpromo is a SCARM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by splendidbaby(f): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
I have never been scammed.when I first join helping hands international,I been think say na scam they wan scam me until I started seeing dollars rocking my account.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Koats14(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
Deejacy2:
Yea buh I ended up scamming the fool...He was shocked.
Tell me how. I'm curious. grin
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by musicwriter(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
White people have scammed me a number of times, and recently a Chinese. And they didn't email me an offer, rather, I saw their website and contacted them to offer me a service- not knowing they were not for real.

Therefore, those people saying "greed" should understand greed is not always the reason for getting scammed. In 2004, I was scammed for $400 by this site www.card444.com that claimed to provide virtual debit cards- this was before our banks began issuing cards. In those days you must get a virtual card or use a stolen card. The site no longer operate now though.

In this case there was no incentive luring me to send money to anybody, I simply wanted to order a product/service. They ripped me off because I ''trusted'' their website.

It took one other attempt before I found a legit issuer.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by sloye5(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
SuperSuave:
[size=15pt]I was just scammed last week through an advert banner I saw on NL "1gb for #500" I've paid since last week Thursday now and up til today my calls and text have made no impact. Thanks to NL mods and bots for always hiding my Posts about this scam.[/size] angry

i was scammed too on nairaland by a guy claming to be a traveling agent and i went thru hell..he claimed he knew things about turkey and they were nothing but lies and till now hes still owing me,i will post his nairaland name on here with all evidence of the money i paid to him so the ADMIN guys can take him off from here so he wont scam someone else
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by armadeo(m): 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
This cheap phone scam is so common I wonder why people always fall for it. If I go to computer village to buy anything expensive I have already googled to know the approximate cost and I hit slot.

That's the only shop I buy anything from. The others are from roadside. I never look at he guys standing by the road. Never ever.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by hUmaneOne: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
SuperSuave:
I was just scammed last week through an advert banner I saw on NL "1gb for #500" I've paid since last week Thursday now and up til today my calls and text have made no impact. Thanks to NL mods and bots for always hiding my Posts about this scam. angry
You mean an official advert? Is it that bad?
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by iameugene(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
Modified

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by dokiOloye(m): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
udy4real:
Am experiencing one now,sent money to someone ave been doing business with in germany to help a cousin buy a truck but he decided to use d money for something else dis time around and has been telling me one story after another,its not an easy thing ooooo
Bros sorry oo.
Yours is more like a betrayal of trust not scam.
Also undergoing d same torture,a man I know and met even his wife and children.
Sent him money to buy me a car while he was abroad.Na so stories start.Till he came back to Nigeria and even 5 months after it was so so stories.
Reported d case to d police and he managed to bribe every policeman involved and at a time the police told me he had absconded and that his surety also absconded and that d address thay all gave were fake.Wetin I see for police hand eee,I no fit talk am finish.
Presently in d federal high court in Abuja with him over d case after I saw d man on d road one day and jumped into his car from d window,lol,then called d IPO.IPO came and was talking jovially wt him like they were old classmates.
It's not an easy thing ooo,still in court wt him after several adjournments,U know hw "go slowly" our courts can be,10 kobo he never pay but always has money to pay lawyers and bribe policemen including d police lawyer who is supposed to be my own lawyer,lol.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by chinkichun: 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
You'd have just cooked egusi soup when you got home to eat the fufu. At least you won't lose totally that way.

Lol grin cheesy

JOOHEL:
yh

It shld b 3 years ago. I wanted to buy phone @ computer village & I have 13k with me. As I was checking from one phone seller to another I hear one bro for my back saying "bros yeh, u wan buy phone?Come buy this express music phone na, very cheap & affordable with perfect functionality" Na so I carry my leg go meet d guy o.
I checked through d phone & it was working fine, I dialed some numbers & spoke with two to three people & it was awesome. I stylishly asked d guy what d fault of d phone is & he said no issues at all & that he needs money to buy another phone.
I priced d phone & he said 8k, I was like sho but as I sharp guy( I think I was ) I told him I can only pay 6.5k & at last he agreed. I remembered I have been scammed one time like that at oshodi where I bought a phone for 3.5k only for d guy to hand over a scrap to me & also called some guys to give me sweet slap to say d least so remembering that scenerio, I acted smartly this time(I think say I wise). I told d guy that I will hand over d cash to him after he hands over d phone to me on d bike & d bike will take off to avoid a recurrence of what I experienced at oshodi. He agreed & we called a random bike man.I climbed d bike, he gave me the phone & I gave him d money & zoom I instructed d bike man. After some distance, I looked back & I saw d guy smiling so I smiled back & also waved him with my 32 teeths widely opened.Immediately I got to d bus stop at Ikeja under bridge, I entered sango bus direct & I was happy I now have a gd phone for just 6.5k. All this while I did not check d phone I was holding not until I got to iyana ipaja where I feel it is safe to check d phone.
I press d end call button but no light showed up so I was thinking it must have been switched off by d guy. So as I pressed switched on button, I noticed one white object popping out & I was like what is this? I smelled it cos it stained my hand & I found out that it is fufu. I opened d phone & saw how fufu was packaged as phone for me. The man for my side just dey look me dey laugh. I no fit talk self, I just jejely put am for my pocket dey go house. Na so them take sell fufu for me for 6.5k

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teacher Beaten In Adamawa For Stealing Food (pictures) / SARS Officials Dump Man, Flee After He Fainted While Trying To Arrest Him / Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death Over Food In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.