Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls (43161 Views)

Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election / CNN/ORC Poll: Hillary Clinton Won The 2nd US Presidential Debate 57% To 34% / NATO Can’t Fight Russians In Europe, Says Leading US Think Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by missy01(f): 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
iPrevail:
I told someone, many Americans don't like this Trump guy, but they feel the don't have a choice. America is the most threatened nation in the world and Trump sounds like someone who could be a savior.
Just lyk buhari was then...I pity the Americans let's wait and see
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by neocortex: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:
Not surprised - Hilary Clinton doesn't have what it takes to win.

The election is between the devil and medusa and, Trump will always be the safer choice since he isn't part of the establishment.

I also expect a lot of the people who supported Bernie Sanders to vote for Trump, especially after the leaks that Hilary rigged the primaries. Also, Trump and Bernie have almost similar policies, albeit trump is just a nutjob.

This is his election to lose. Once you take the xenophobic posturing and erratic behavioural pattern away, Trump is the better candidate.

Trump may not be part of "the establishment" but he is an establishment himself.
I don't see him fighting the wall street or the big banks only his flip-flop immigration and
foreign policy differentiates him from Clinton.
As to the democrat primaries, I won't call it rigging since the leak did not prove
that votes didn't count but that some powerful democrats have a vested interest
in preventing Sanders from winning which is a normal phenomenon in party politics.

Clinton has the minorities, experienced politicians and loud-mouthed liberals behind her
their support has been instrumental in US presidential elections since 2008. Couple
with the fact that electoral college not popular votes determines the winner.

If Trump is to win, he has to play by the rules of the game not against it.

I believe both candidate may change many of their previous stances on key issues as the
campaign heats-up.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Missy89(f): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Well, I've been saying this way before Trump got the nomination, after Bernie lost out mathematically. And Michael Moore also alluded to the same thing a few days ago.

Trump should nick one or two of these states: Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. And he should also win majority of the swing states, while maintaining a clean sweep of the red states, with the help of Pence. With white men around and Bernie's supporters still feeling slighted by Hillary, Trump is the next POTUS.

Lolz

I will remember this prediction in November and add a grin face to it.

You are really underestimating the liberal machine in 2016.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
grin grin grin grin

It's laughable that people even think the election is close.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Missy89(f): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2016
Most of you need to understand that there will always be a bump in the pools after conventions. Romeny had the same lead in the last cycle after the RNC convention.

It was a product of a whole week news cycle that was mainly about Trump.

It will disappear next week and be back to normal. Especially if things go smoothly for the commiecrats during their convention.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by ngmgeek(m): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Trump will never be president.......this is just a game they're playing for the ignorant.

Hillary has been selected as the next US presido.....she's a daughter of the NWO.

I'm with you on that bold prediction. Americans will never ever make that mistake.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
neocortex:

Trump may not be part of "the establishment" but he is an establishment himself.
I don't see him fighting the wall street or the big banks only his flip-flop immigration and
foreign policy differentiates him from Clinton.
As to the democrat primaries, I won't call it rigging since the leak did not prove
that votes didn't count but that some powerful democrats have a vested interest
in preventing Sanders from winning which is a normal phenomenon in party politics.

Clinton has the minorities, experienced politicians and loud-mouthed liberals behind her
their support has been instrumental in US presidential elections since 2008. Couple
with the fact that electoral college not popular votes determines the winner.

If Trump is to win, he has to play by the rules of the game not against it.

I believe both candidate may change many of their previous stances on key issues as the
campaign heats-up.

However, Trump isn't part of the Bilderberg Group like Hillary is and, he does have a lot in common with Bernie. And that somewhat makes his candidacy attractive to middle America and a lot of independent voters. Also, regardless of his erratic and xenophobic posturing, he has the spontaneous originality which is about saying things without filter, that resonates with the average yanks. And that was the same thing that made Dubya win two terms. Unlike Hillary that looks so orchestrated and unreal.

Most people forget that America is still a very conservative country and the liberal media was useful during Obama's campaign because of the disaster that Dubya was. The consciousness is different now and liberal media won't play any significant role in this one. Congress should tell you all you need to know.

Also expect white men to take a stand.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by toshmann(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
Otuocha eeee shocked shocked
Ala akwupula otele grin
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
Democrats= Nigeria APC
Republicans= Nigeria PDP

My view

2 Likes

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2016
Missy89:

Lolz

I will remember this prediction in November and add a grin face to it.

You are really underestimating the liberal machine in 2016.

Lol.

Liberal machine didn't stop the republicans from becoming the majority in the congress and definitely didn't stop blue states from having republican governors.

My doozy Michael Moore just got on board and he's never wrong with his predictions. grin

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bonechamberlain(m): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
bbdd:

Wait till your racist bigoted warlord Trump gets in. Dumbo. You are in Nigeria drinking panadol for America's problem.
stop drinking the panadol either and mind your business.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by ERCROSS(m): 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
medpren:

If those nuclear weapons are going to land muslim murderers and numbskulls why should you worry? Are you one of the towel-headed numbskull children of Allah?

grin @ the emboldened

5 Likes

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bonechamberlain(m): 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
jozee8:

am trying to imaging a situation where a woman would become the most powerful person on earth!!! abeg i no fit shout oo
am also trying to imagine the same.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bbdd: 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Well, I've been saying this way before Trump got the nomination, after Bernie lost out mathematically. And Michael Moore also alluded to the same thing a few days ago.

Trump should nick one or two of these states: Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. And he should also win majority of the swing states, while maintaining a clean sweep of the red states, with the help of Pence. With white men around and Bernie's supporters still feeling slighted by Hillary, Trump is the next POTUS.

I'm very upset that Bernie was systematically cheated. I really love and support the guy BUT
The needful must be done. Everything depends on Bernie now. He has to plead to his supporters to come out. Without them, Trump wins this thing.

Still the electoral college strongly favors Hillary. Many people don't know American elections aren't about the popular vote but a handful of individual states decide elections.
of the states you mentioned, I can only see Ohio flipping but never Florida or Virginia. He needs three. Plus New Hampshire and Arizona. How e want do am? lol
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bbdd: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
bonechamberlain:
stop drinking the panadol either and mind your business.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by neocortex: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

However, Trump isn't part of the Bilderberg Group like Hillary is and, he does have a lot in common with Bernie. And that somewhat makes his candidacy attractive to middle America and a lot of independent voters. Also, regardless of his erratic and xenophobic posturing, he has the spontaneous originality which is about saying things without filter, that resonates with the average yanks. And that was the same thing that made Dubya win two terms. Unlike Hillary that looks so orchestrated and unreal.

Most people forget that America is still a very conservative country and the liberal media was useful during Obama's campaign because of the disaster that Dubya was. The consciousness is different now and liberal media won't play any significant role in this one. Congress should tell you all you need to know.

Also expect white men to take a stand.

I highly doubt the bolded given the recent gains for liberals from gay marriage to abortion,
the liberal media is still very influential. And not to forget that many young people
identify themselves with liberal values and are easily carried away by media agenda.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bonechamberlain(m): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
bbdd:

Dumbo. I live here so it's my business. MUMUU
u live there and u are still uncivilized. Sorry, u need to go back to wherever u came from and stay with your likes, you are disgrace to that society where u claim u live.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Missy89(f): 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol.

Liberal machine didn't stop the republicans from becoming the majority in the congress and definitely didn't stop blue states from having republican governors.

My doozy Michael Moore just got on board and he's never wrong with his predictions. grin

American electorates dont have a single voting pattern. Down ballots is a very different issue on election day. I live in a very red district for example but the governor who was a democrat won the same district by 15 points on election day.

And the only reason republicans have the house is because the districts are drawn in the states. Senate on the other hand can always flip. There is a good chance it will flip this year since there are more republicans up for reelection that is why those that are weary of endorsing Trump are on the ballot this year and most of them didnt show up at the convention.

Pence is not enough to get the conservatives vote since conservatives are not even monolithic.

You dont know what you are talking about
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
bbdd:

I'm very upset that Bernie was systematically cheated.

How was he cheated?
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
bbdd:

I'm very upset that Bernie was systematically cheated. I really love and support the guy BUT
The needful must be done. Everything depends on Bernie now. He has to plead to his supporters to come out. Without them, Trump wins this thing.

Still the electoral college strongly favors Hillary. Many people don't know American elections aren't about the popular vote but a handful of individual states decide elections.
of the states you mentioned, I can only see Ohio flipping but never Florida or Virginia. He needs three. Plus New Hampshire and Arizona. How e want do am? lol

Trump and Bernie are very similar albeit Trump is just a nutjob. And I believe a lot of Bernie's supporters will vote for trump.

Trump should win both Ohio and Wisconsin. And both Michigan and Pennsylvania will be very close. Trump should also win Florida with ease - most of the hispanics there are republicans and majority of them are Cuban Americans. So whatever xenophobic thing he said about Mexicans has nothing to do with them and a lot of them support his agenda. Hillary should win Virginia. I'll give Trump most of the swing states.

Anyway, my focus is primarily international politics, especially US foreign policy and perhaps how blacks in America would be treated. Trump seems like a better option because we all know what Hillary will do. She'll end up bombing more countries and use African Americans, while effecting more policies to destroy them like her husband did. Obama didn't do anything for AAs and I believe they need a president they can antoganise and force his hands to do something.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bbdd: 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
bonechamberlain:
u live there and u are still uncivilized. Sorry, u need to go back to wherever u came from and stay with your likes, you are disgrace to that society where u claim u live.

LOL!!!!
I've given you too much attention. Now go back to your china phone and your face me I slap you house.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by biggie73(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
This is an irrelevant poll. It is normal to have a post-convention lead in the poll. Former presidential candidate Mitten Romney was ahead of President Obama at this same time in 2012, and we all know how the story end-we did not have President Romney in the White House from 2012 to 2017. Madam Clinton will definitely regain her lead in the poll as from next week. Between now and November, 2016 polls will fluctuate. The poll that matter is the poll on the election day in November 2016.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by saintdennis(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
bayooooooo:

Interesting. There is nothing new on clinton that is not known already. Republicans made lots of noise on Benghazi and emails but nothing came out of it. She has been in public domain for almost twenty years. First Lady of Arkansas, First Lady of the US, Senator from New York, and Secretary of State. It's just like saying you have a dirt on Atiku or Babangida.

Can Trump release his tax returns to start with? And you think Hillary who is more hawkish than Obama is puppet of China? You are more likely to get at least one war or series of militaristic interventions in Hillary's administration.

Every U.S president usually dispatched @least one war or militeralistic intervention nothing new there.

Is hilary really hawkish? Doubt that. She's a weakling like her husband and it's well known but NOT PROVEN that china used back channels to fund the clinton campaign.

Like I said americans usually vote for "what they need" @ every present situation, after bush waged too many wars they needed a pacifist and obama got extra points cos he's black... basically race card will always outrank gender card.

Today americans are looking @ other issues.

Well your money's on clinton right...Trump go shock una lols

I bet ya'll didn't c him winning the nomination...confess? No?
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bbdd: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Trump and Bernie are very similar albeit Trump is just a nutjob. And I believe a lot of Bernie's supporters will vote for trump.

Trump should win both Ohio and Wisconsin. And both Michigan and Pennsylvania will be very close. Trump should also win Florida with ease - most of the hispanics there are republicans and majority of them are Cuban Americans. So whatever xenophobic thing he said about Mexicans has nothing to do with them and a lot of them support his agenda. Hillary should win Virginia. I'll give Trump most of the swing states.

Anyway, my focus is primarily international politics, especially US foreign policy and perhaps how blacks in America would be treated. Trump seems like a better option because we all know what Hillary will do. She'll end up bombing more countries and use African Americans, while effecting more policies to destroy them like her husband did. Obama didn't do anything for AAs and I believe they need a president they can antoganise and force his hands to do something.

LOL.
And Trump that has emboldened far right groups, won't talk about black lives matter, keeps mouthing off about being the law and order candidate would be better for blacks?? lol. That's laughable

Now how does Trump want to win Wisconsin? He didn't even win the wisconsin republican primary.
Ohio is tough. Kasich didn't cometo the rnc convention in Cleveland.

Look the election is in November. I will pay atttention to polls in september. Anything you're seeing now is a post convention bounce.

The one thing no one can open his mouth to tell me is that as a black man, Donald Trump somehow represents me. I have see black people get beaten at his rallies.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
Every white american is a racist at heart.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
neocortex:

I highly doubt the bolded given the recent gains for liberals from gay marriage to abortion,
the liberal media is still very influential. And not to forget that many young people
identify themselves with liberal values and are easily carried away by media agenda.

However, it wasn't the media alone - LGBT lobby groups played a big role in that, especially with those voting at the congress. If it hadn't been left to the people, none of those bills would be passed.

The US is still very conservative. The media hype is just for a section of the country.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by biggie73(m): 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
bonechamberlain:
The Democrats shot themselves on the foot by picking Clinton rather than Sanders. As for me let trump win, prefer him to Clinton
...it will be foolish of Dems to nominate Sanders who is an independent until last year (2015) May....
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
Missy89:

American electorates dont have a single voting pattern. Down ballots is a very different issue on election day. I live in a very red district for example but the governor who was a democrat won the same district by 15 points on election day.

And the only reason republicans have the house is because the districts are drawn in the states. Senate on the other hand can always flip. There is a good chance it will flip this year since there are more republicans up for reelection that is why those that are weary of endorsing Trump are on the ballot this year and most of them didnt show up at the convention.

Pence is not enough to get the conservatives vote since conservatives are not even monolithic.

You dont know what you are talking about

So you think Trump will lose a red state to a clown and compulsive liar like Hillary, no?

The guy defeated all the other republican candidates without the need to rig like Hillary did Bernie. That alone shows his popularity and how he has been able to cater to what the republican base needs. Bow down to Trump - fvck Hillary. grin
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Alwaystruth: 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
In Zombies voice: Donald Trump can not win because Clinton is Obama's girl friend
and Obama will hand white house over to her. Heheheehe...the kind over sabi wey full for Nigeria can surprise
even the wisest man on earth yet in this 21st century the over sabi people can not boast for 1 hour steady light
a day nation wide. Those in the know-how have told you who is leading in the polls and in most times in the past their polls and predictions
came to past. Also looking at growing terrorism emanating from Europe in the hands of Muslims from M-east,doesn't it sound that Trump was right in his temporary ban of Muslims from entering U.S.theory. As it stands today,the election is a walk over for Donald Trump because Americans can not trade their safety,leisure and freedom on a platter of gold. The more terrorists attack Europe and America,the more popular Trump becomes. No body is even talking about Clinton and all focus is on Donald Trump because Clinton has been in the corridor of power and has so many faults hanging on her shoulder and considering the growth of terrorism world wide, Clinton is no option. Take it or leave it, Trump gets the plume job come November.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bonechamberlain(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
bbdd:

LOL!!!!
I've given you too much attention. Now go back to your china phone and your face me I slap you house.
OK, no more dumbo, mumu, it's now China phone and face me I slap u. Well u are gradually learning.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by jozee8: 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
bonechamberlain:
am also trying to imagine the same.
honestly it's not funny at all

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Meen01(m): 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=Nature8 post=47872151]I just love this man (Donald Trump), he's a no nonsense man.. I pray he becomes the American next president.. u may like him buh remember what will happen wen he becomes a president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

New Zealand: Police Seize Cocaine Enough To Supply The Country For 30 Yrs / South Africans Plant Trees Inside Potholes (Photo) / Donald Trump's Fan Storms Press Conference To Accuse Joe Biden Of Stealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.