Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls (43159 Views)

Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election / CNN/ORC Poll: Hillary Clinton Won The 2nd US Presidential Debate 57% To 34% / NATO Can’t Fight Russians In Europe, Says Leading US Think Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bonechamberlain(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
biggie73:
...it will be foolish of Dems to nominate Sanders who is an independent until last year (2015) May....
you cannot blame the man, it's easier to enter heaven than to win as an independent in the u.s. and as we all know politics is all about making alliances
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Missy89:

American electorates dont have a single voting pattern. Down ballots is a very different issue on election day. I live in a very red district for example but the governor who was a democrat won the same district by 15 points on election day.

And the only reason republicans have the house is because the districts are drawn in the states. Senate on the other hand can always flip. There is a good chance it will flip this year since there are more republicans up for reelection that is why those that are weary of endorsing Trump are on the ballot this year and most of them didnt show up at the convention.

Pence is not enough to get the conservatives vote since conservatives are not even monolithic.

Generally, VP choice doesn't affect American elections. Even at that, Pence being on the ticket is not consequential. Had Trump chosen a female Hispanic establishment candidate, he would have changed the dynamics of the game. In that case, the VP would have been a consequential choice reaching out to both establishment as well as the Hispanic communities. Besides, Pence is an extremist whose views would not jive with the independents often needed in general election. More so, the demographics that work in primary does not translate to victory in general election.

2 Likes

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by docsholz(m): 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
bbdd:

LOL.
And Trump that has emboldened far right groups, won't talk about black lives matter, keeps mouthing off about being the law and order candidate would be better for blacks?? lol. That's laughable

Now how does Trump want to win Wisconsin? He didn't even win the wisconsin republican primary.
Ohio is tough. Kasich didn't cometo the rnc convention in Cleveland.

Look the election is in November. I will pay atttention to polls in september. Anything you're seeing now is a post convention bounce.

The one thing no one can open his mouth to tell me is that as a black man, Donald Trump somehow represents me. I have see black people get beaten at his rallies.
Word

Trump has a history of racism and xenophobia dating back to his father( guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree)

An America under trump will be openly racist and xenophobic, any black person or minority that votes for this bigot needs to have their head examined

2 Likes

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by biggie73(m): 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
bonechamberlain:
you cannot blame the man, it's easier to enter heaven than to win as an independent in the u.s. and as we all know politics is all about making alliances
..yes,in Nigeria;but not in USA politics...
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
nduchucks:
If this man wins, Nigerians may find it very difficult to obtain a US visa regardless of their religious background

Lol. The average American voter doesn't give two hoots about your visa application. Wake up.

3 Likes

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by LastProphet: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
Rossikk:
Anyone who supports Trump must have a death wish. This is a man who said he is prepared to use NUCLEAR WEAPONS against his enemies. Do these dumb, brainless, and stupi.d Trump supporters think they will survive a global nuclear conflict? Trump, a demented monster and racist who takes everything personal, is the man they are willing to hedge their families' lives on, by granting him access to the US nuclear codes? I mean, it's just unbelievable. I always knew the average American was dumb and ignorant, but surely, not this dumb.

known this boy since 2012, never made 1 useful statement, you must be a cursed fellow

2 Likes

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
bbdd:

LOL.
And Trump that has emboldened far right groups, won't talk about black lives matter, keeps mouthing off about being the law and order candidate would be better for blacks?? lol. That's laughable

Now how does Trump want to win Wisconsin? He didn't even win the wisconsin republican primary.
Ohio is tough. Kasich didn't cometo the rnc convention in Cleveland.

Look the election is in November. I will pay atttention to polls in september. Anything you're seeing now is a post convention bounce.

The one thing no one can open his mouth to tell me is that as a black man, Donald Trump somehow represents me. I have see black people get beaten at his rallies.

That's just posturing to appeal to the senses of far right groups. He's a businessman and he has toned down his rhetoric of late. Even someone as rabid as Newt Gingrich now supports black people against police brutality. Honestly, I don't even think Black Lives Matter is really about black lives, hence most black men don't support the movement. The leader is gay with a white boyfriend and the movement is funded by George Soros. That alone should tell you that it's another political liberal tripe to lead black people astray. No serious black person cares about BLM - they argue for black lives independent of the compromised movement.

They will get behind Trump soon. Scott Walker and John Kasich will deliver both states to Trump. Hillary has zero chance in those states, sorry. grin

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by papaejima1: 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
jaybee3:

Stand a chance, how?

He is already disadvantaged with the electoral college map

He is always going to be disadvantaged with popular votes

He is disadvantaged with the minority votes

He is disadvantaged with the educated white votes

He is disadvantaged with the women votes

How many do you think he will get from Pennsylvania?
Go read up on Michael Moore's reasons why Trump is likely to win.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol.

Liberal machine didn't stop the republicans from becoming the majority in the congress and definitely didn't stop blue states from having republican governors.

My doozy Michael Moore just got on board and he's never wrong with his predictions. grin

Republicans have, for the last 7 years, won a majority of gubernatorial elections and House of Reps seats, but it didn't stop Obama from beating Romney in a landslide in 2012.

The reason the Repubs do well in midterms is that older voters (50yrs and above) make up a disproportionate number of voters in those elections. And the age demographic tends to overwhelmingly vote for Republicans.

However, in presidential election years, the millennials and 31-49 yr old voters make up the majority of the electorate. These two groups tend to gravitate towards Dems.

Also, some states, like California and Florida, have put marijuana legalization propositions on the ballot which would attract many 18-29 yr olds to the polls cheesy
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Heavance(m): 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nigerians won't focus on Nigeria, we will behave as if whoever wins will make #1 equal to $1..
Just watch ad our pastors will tell you they predicted Hilary winning, or Trump, they will wait till it happens and yarn okpata.

2 Likes

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
CFCman:

Republicans have, for the last 7 years, won a majority of gubernatorial elections and House of Reps seats, but it didn't stop Obama from beating Romney in a landslide in 2012.

The reason the Repubs do well in midterms is that older voters (50yrs and above) make up a disproportionate number of voters in those elections. And the age demographic tends to overwhelmingly vote for Republicans.

However, in presidential election years, the millennials and 31-49 yr old voters make up the majority of the electorate. These two groups tend to gravitate towards Dems.

Also, some states, like California and Florida, have put marijuana legalization propositions on the ballot which would attract many 18-29 yr olds to the polls cheesy

But was Romney really a republican? And do you think it's easy to defeat an incumbent president?

The turnout of this election is also going to be very low since both candidates don't really have much to offer and it's a choice between two terrible people. So expect the same level of disproportionate number of voters in favour of older voters.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Missy89(f): 8:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

So you think Trump will lose a red state to a clown and compulsive liar like Hillary, no?

The guy defeated all the other republican candidates without the need to rig like Hillary did Bernie. That alone shows his popularity and how he has been able to cater to what the republican base needs. Bow down to Trump - fvck Hillary. grin

The map will look really similar to the last cycle. Only few states will change hands and wont really be significant enough. Remember he won the plurality votes not the majority and most of the people that voted for him in the primaries were first time voters not life long republicans.

Centrist republicans and neoconservatives will most likely vote for Hilary,constitutional conservatives will stay home. Social conservatives will probably vote for him because of pence.

I think you are overestimating Trump's popularity in the rust belt. The unions still run those places and they are in the pocket of the democrats. I cant see him winning Ohio or Pennsylvania. Florida will be close but the result there might not really matter.

Hilary will most likely be a one term president however even is she wins.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
bayooooooo:

Well said. It will take a latino that is well loved by the white or a white that is well loved by latinos to flip the electoral map. That much was clear when Obama defeated Romney in 2012. It's a forgone conclusion that Hillary will be elected and that explains why some republicans are already working towards 2020.

1. Donald Trump can't debate Hillary one on one on any policy issue. When debate starts, emptiness of Donald Trump will be more glaring even to the dead. Unlike the republican debates where he could insult his ways to victory among ten contestants, he would be pressed for details here. And believe me, trump doesn't have intellectual depth to parry questions.

2. Ironically for a billionaire, he doesn't have enough money to compete with the Clinton machine. Money for adverts is key in US politics especially in battleground states. Clinton can afford to put some states into play e.g. Arizona and force Donald to defend those states thereby distracting him from concentrating on the rust belt states.

3.Trump's xenophobic and racial rhetoric would not only overwhelmingly drive minorities to clinton, but also help drive huge turn out in the minority communities on the voting date. Not to even mention of women issues etc.

The press us ANDually play these silly games--making a clear cut case appears to be close-- for ratings.
Trump will win big FACT! CROOKED HITLERY'S past are catching up to her too fast; most Americans are done with the liberal agenda, what with ISIS and homo thugging and feminism gone mad etc. Even the black lives monster people are beginning to realise that liberal policies are shifting the balance of power from the African Americans to the Latinos.....
Trump doesn't even have to be articulate, he doesn't have to even know what the hell he's talking about, so long as he can demonstrate his opposition to runaway liberalism and political correctness, he has an established base of die hard followers willing to make him President...no American presidential campaign has has ever been run the way Trump's running his, no presidential candidate has ever committed more career destroying guffaws as Trump...as things stand...TRUMP CAN DO NO WRONG

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by bbdd: 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

That's just posturing to appeal to the senses of far right groups. He's a businessman and he has toned down his rhetoric of late. Even someone as rabid as Newt Gingrich now supports black people against police brutality. Honestly, I don't even think Black Lives Matter is really about black lives, hence most black men don't support the movement. The leader is gay with a white boyfriend and the movement is funded by George Soros. That alone should tell you that it's another political liberal tripe to lead black people astray. No serious black person cares about BLM - they argue for black lives independent of the compromised movement.

They will get behind Trump soon. Scott Walker and John Kasich will deliver both states to Trump. Hillary has zero chance in those states, sorry. grin

November 9th is not far.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by olutunde12(m): 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=Rossikk post=47874614]Anyone who supports Trump must have a death wish. This is a man who said he is prepared to use NUCLEAR WEAPONS against his enemies. Do these dumb, brainless, and stupi.d Trump supporters think they will survive a global nuclear conflict? Trump, a demented monster and racist who takes everything personal, is the man they are willing to hedge their families' lives on, by granting him access to the US nuclear codes? I mean, it's just unbelievable. I always knew the average

Alfa, they do not abuse themselves like this in America because of politics. Go sit down.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

But was Romney really a republican? And do you think it's easy to defeat an incumbent president?

The turnout of this election is also going to be very low since both candidates don't really have much to offer and it's a choice between two terrible people. So expect the same level of disproportionate number of voters in favour of older voters.

Well, the polling data says otherwise, there is more interest in this election, at this stage, than in 2012. The young people will turn up to vote the candidate that is promising tuition-free education for families earning less than $85,000 per year; and is promising a $12/hr minimum wage...
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by kayowalemi(m): 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

just wait and see son, you think its INEC that is in charge of their election?

is u that should wait because all the drama we play here for the rest of the world to see during election is to charge the world and put them on the edge. We know who will win.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by AxeurdaddyIX: 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Trump will never be president.......this is just a game they're playing for the ignorant.

Hillary has been selected as the next US presido.....she's a daughter of the NWO.

New World Order??

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2016
Missy89:

The map will look really similar to the last cycle. Only few states will change hands and wont really be significant enough. Remember he won the plurality votes not the majority and most of the people that voted for him in the primaries were first time voters not life long republicans.

Centrist republicans and neoconservatives will most likely vote for Hilary,constitutional conservatives will stay home. Social conservatives will probably vote for him because of pence.

I think you are overestimating Trump's popularity in the rust belt. The unions still run those places and they are in the pocket of the democrats. I cant see him winning Ohio or Pennsylvania. Florida will be close but the result there might not really matter.

Hilary will most likely be a one term president however even is she wins.

Centrist, constitutional, and social conservatives will votes for him. As for neoconservatives: it's a toss up since most of them are tired of wars and Hillary is another war waiting to happen. Or do you think they want more of their kids to come back home in body bags because of some hawkish woman that is a proven calamity waiting to happen when it comes to foreign policy?

Isn't Ohio one of the most segregated states in America? The structure of the state alone should tell you that a lot of the people there would easily align with Trump. Read this: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-ohio-insight-idUSKCN0WC19Q

Florida is Florida, they will rig it, if it gets close. wink
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

New World Order??
It's an 'open' secret in the "shadow govt".
Think of it, it can't be a coincidence that Hillary's Republican opponent has record unfavorable ratings and has made so many gaffes through out this cycle.

My hunch is that the office would be given to a truly liberal woman of color in 4 years time.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by xcuggsm(m): 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nature8:
I just love this man (Donald Trump), he's a no nonsense man.. I pray he becomes the American next president..
DONALD TRUMP ON NIGERIANS:
According to Trump,
“We need to get the Africans out (of the USA).Not the blacks, the Africans. Especially the Nigerians. They’re everywhere. I went for a rally in Alaska and met just one African in the entire state. Where was he from? Nigeria! He’s in Alaska taking our jobs. They’re in Houston taking our jobs. Why can’t they stay in their own country? Why? I’ll tell you why. Because they are corrupt. Their governments are so corrupt, they rob the people blind and bring it all here to spend. And their people run away and come down here and take our jobs! We can’t have that!

If I become president, we’ll send them all home. We’ll build a wall at the Atlantic Shore. Then, maybe, we’ll re-colonise them because obviously they did not learn a damn thing from the British.”

NB: The above quote has been dismissed as fake I STILL DON'T TRUST DONALD TRUMP'S WHITE SUPREMACY POSTURINGS!!

2 Likes

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by MasterofdRolls1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Trump will never be president.......this is just a game they're playing for the ignorant.

Hillary has been selected as the next US presido.....she's a daughter of the NWO.

If America were Nigeria, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush and co woulda created a new Republican Party (nRepublican Party) and secure injunctions recognizing their faction as legal. If America were Nigeria, Bernie Sanders woulda dragged Hilary to Court and then defected to the PDP.

You think say USA nah Naija ba?
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
bbdd:

November 9th is not far.

Lol.

Anyway, stop thinking about Black Lives Matter. It's not really about black lives - it's a movement to use black people to achieve some selfish goals.

A gay black man who's willingly taking a white dyke in his arse can't lead black people against white supremacy. These fools are trying to emasculate black men, while fvcking them in the arse, with George Soros' money and influence as the catalyst.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by MasterofdRolls1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
rayblast:
I seriously dnt want him to win . Buh d way everything is going , there s no stopping Trump

Naija politics 101

If America were Nigeria, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush and co woulda created a new Republican Party (nRepublican Party) and secure injunctions recognizing their faction as legal. If America were Nigeria, Bernie Sanders woulda dragged Hilary to Court and then defected to the PDP.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by MasterofdRolls1(m): 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nature8:
I just love this man (Donald Trump), he's a no nonsense man.. I pray he becomes the American next president..

Sharp guy!
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
CFCman:

Well, the polling data says otherwise, there is more interest in this election, at this stage, than in 2012. The young people will turn up to vote the candidate that is promising tuition-free education for families earning less than $85,000 per year; and is promising a $12/hr minimum wage...

Perhaps the polling was done based on first time voters. Post the link.

1 Like

Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by ikorodureporta: 8:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
I dey ekspect to see:

Click 'LIKE' for Hilary, & 'SHARE' for Trump... On f.p. Lalasticlala no want us to vote since
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Missy89(f): 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Centrist, constitutional, and social conservatives will votes for him. As for neoconservatives: it's a toss up since most of them are tired of wars and Hillary is another war waiting to happen. Or do you think they want more of their kids to come back home in body bags because of some hawkish woman that is a proven calamity waiting to happen when it comes to foreign policy?

Isn't Ohio one of the most segregated states in America? The structure of the state alone should tell you that a lot of the people there would easily align with Trump. Read this: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-ohio-insight-idUSKCN0WC19Q

Florida is Florida, they will rig it, if it gets close. wink

There is virtually no way he can win the centrists and constitutional conservative vote. Like never ever. He believes in big goverment and doesn't have a corehent policy those 2 groups can get behind. Most neoconservatives are supporting Hilary already because she is more hawkish than Obama.

I dont know where you are getting the idea that they are weary from. Since Vietnam, US troops havent really dided significantly in any war to change their opinions on intervention.

Your link was before Ohio primary which he lost. And he is not in good terms with the governor there who is really popular and did not endorse him.

I would have voted for him but his foreign policy is a no no for me. Cant get behind that. I would rather have a Hillary now and defeat her in 4 years with a real conservative.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2016
coolslim:
I think Trump stands a better chance .World security challenges has made it easy for him.America wants to be sure they can freely hangout without being attacked. - that's what trump is offering.Believe it or not more Americans are buying !

I totally agree the present trend of "it's cool to hate USA" caused this or we would never have seen the likes of Trump come this far.
It's rather unfortunatebut as it stands Trump will win cry
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Brightgem(f): 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

or the end of ISLAM(IC) STATE OF SAUDI ARABIA cool
kikikikikkki Nigger keep wishing. ur forefathers wished to see that land fall, u will leave it behind and it will remain standing till the last day.
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by SirShymexx: 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
Missy89:

There is virtually no way he can win the centrists and constitutional conservative vote. Like never ever. He believes in big goverment and doesn't have a corehent policy those 2 groups can get behind. Most neoconservatives are supporting Hilary already because she is more hawkish than Obama.

I dont know where you are getting the idea that they are weary from. Since Vietnam, US troops havent really dided significantly in any war to change their opinions on intervention.

Your link was before Ohio primary which he lost. And he is not in good terms with the governor there who is really popular and did not endorse him.

I would have voted for him but his foreign policy is a no no for me. Cant get behind that. I would rather have a Hillary now and defeat her in 4 years with a real conservative.

You might have an argument about centrist republicans, though your argument is flawed since most of them think like independent voters. However, when it comes constitutional republicans, he resonates more with their outlook, than Hillary.

Anyway, whatever vote you have is inconsequential in the scheme of things. White men and poor whites are going to determine who wins. grin
Re: CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls by Missy89(f): 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

You might have an argument about centrist republicans, though your argument is flawed since most of them think like independent voters. However, when it comes constitutional republicans, he resonates more with their outlook, than Hillary.

Anyway, whatever vote you have is inconsequential in the scheme of things. White men and poor whites are going to determine who wins. grin

Most centrists are RINO. They wont mind a Clinton.
He never had the constitutional conservative vote. They supported Ted Cruz. And will never support Trump. They started the nevertrump movement that failed in the convention.

He does not even know what is in the constitution how does he resonates with them? Lol.

White men and poor whites dont determine elections here anymore they wont even be a serious voting bloc in few decades. This is 2016, wake up! Lol

Besides, if that is the case, Republicans will win every cycle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

New Zealand: Police Seize Cocaine Enough To Supply The Country For 30 Yrs / South Africans Plant Trees Inside Potholes (Photo) / Donald Trump's Fan Storms Press Conference To Accuse Joe Biden Of Stealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.