Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action (1266 Views)

2019: Buhari Turns To Oyo In Move To Secure South-west Votes / How Fayose Begged Zenith Bank To Cover Up The Source Of His Election Funds - SR / Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:22am On Jul 26, 2016
The President, Muhammadu Buhari has threatened any corrupt individual behind his election into office noting that they will not be spared in the ongoing anti-corruption fight.
Buhari issued the threat while speaking in an interview he granted a magazine, The Interview. He also noted that some persons which he failed to name pressurized him into running for office adding that the pressure and insistence was so great that he finally yielded.

Recall that the Kaduna state Governor, Nasir El-Rufai some months ago credited his governorship aspiration to the President adding that he was also forced to run for the state office by the President after his contributions to igniting the Presidential ambition in Buhari.

Buhari further faulted the view that he was sparing members of his political party, All Progressive Congress, APC. He said: “Do you just grab people along the road and take them off to court for trial just because you want to create a semblance of balance?

“First, there has to be an accusation which must be properly investigated, and when a prima facie case has been built, you prosecute.
“If any of my backers or party (APC) members has anything established against them, let’s see whether I will shield anyone from prosecution.

“There seems to be a preponderance of the People Democratic Party members standing trial because they had been in power for 16 years, they had access to the public treasury and abused the trust reposed in them.

“You can be assured that anybody caught in corruption will answer for it irrespective of party, tribe or religion.”

Buhari while speaking on the pressure mounted upon him to contest said those who pressured him knew he had good intentions for the country, he added that they had faith in him to restore the nation which was already falling apart at the time to its glory days.

“You will recall that shortly before the 2011 presidential election, I had said it was the last time I would offer myself for elective position and I meant it, but the following years, we saw our country virtually falling apart on all fronts.

“People felt a rescue exercise was necessary and a large number believed I could do it.
“They made overtures to me and the pressure was so enormous that I could not say no. As they say, the rest is history”.

http://www.herald.ng/2016/07/buhari-turns-against-corrupt-people-election-threatens-action/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by Firefire(m): 4:26am On Jul 26, 2016
Mouthed.

Danbazu & Burantai is your first test, Mr. President.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by Baawaa(m): 4:31am On Jul 26, 2016
At least ,if you cannot jail them you controls the way they steal grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by youngest85(m): 4:46am On Jul 26, 2016
Easier said than done!
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by nonjebose(m): 4:47am On Jul 26, 2016
Hope this is not just talk. Action speaks better
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by Mynd44: 5:09am On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by dauntless15(m): 5:23am On Jul 26, 2016
angry this guy talks too much
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by Cjrane2: 5:30am On Jul 26, 2016
[size=14pt]Story for the gods. grin grin grin grin grin
Let Buhari act and stop useless empty threats that deceive nobody.

Bloody liars everywhere!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 26, 2016
I will start taking him serious when he prosecutes Ameachi.

Talk is cheap.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by bayelsaowei(m): 5:44am On Jul 26, 2016
Na mouth him dey make....buharis hands are tied...He ran for elections with the support of these corrupt guys and so he must reciprocate...Buhari your hands are tied... cheesy...you go tire with your corruption fight and then begin face important issues....restructure our system and you would have less to worry about chasing individuals. .ensure there is less cash flowing into the Nass and house of rep...endorse true federalism so that there is less money going to the center..removal of immunity from governors so that they can be checked and probed by their own people...I could go on and on...There is so much money from oil proceeds reason why our foolish legislatures and others in the FG can pad budgets...These guys don't work for their money....
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by lucyhelp(m): 5:45am On Jul 26, 2016
We are watching in 3d
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by pilotab55(m): 5:56am On Jul 26, 2016
Capital lie
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by dumie(f): 6:40am On Jul 26, 2016
Too much talk No Action...He knows the corrupt people who funded his presidential campaign with monies that were corruptly acquired

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by omenka(m): 6:41am On Jul 26, 2016
Baba, start with Danbarawo and forget dogontorenchi mbok.
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by Sirmuel1(m): 6:54am On Jul 26, 2016
Baba stop complaining!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by lukecent: 7:00am On Jul 26, 2016
I ll only take you serious when I see Rotimi, Tinubu & Fashola in court
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by Flyingngel(m): 7:11am On Jul 26, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Turns Against Corrupt People Who Supported His Election, Threatens Action by goshen26: 7:24am On Jul 26, 2016
Story for d gods

(1) (Reply)

Stop Agitation For A Biafra Republic, MEND Tells Kanu / . / Amaechi In Fresh Trouble:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.