Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (24935 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by blackspade(m): 12:24am On Sep 21, 2009
F.uck Arabic, any wannabe Arabs in Nigeria could just f.uck off!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 12:42am On Sep 21, 2009
gadogado:

ok first of all, weekends in egypt are fridays and saturdays, sunday is a work day,get your facts right, look it up!also there is no gulf state (oman, kuwait,UAE,bahrain,qatar) that has fridays and saturdays as weekend,all of them have thursdays and fridays as their weekend.so i dont know where you lived,i lived in the UAE for two years and weekends were thur and fri.
Gado, nobody’s saying you should care where I live. . .u lived there ,,I LIVE HERE NOW !. . .U get you facts right,a simple google search would have confirmed the above. . .our weekends are as I had stated ,except Saudi with Thursday & Friday.

gadogado:

Again let me correct you, usman danfodio is fulani of sokoto origin and he did not introduce islam to the hausas, he introduced a stricter version of islam to and conquered the hausa states and brought them under his banner as a united nation with sokoto caliphate as the seat of power. u need to get your facts right,hausas have been practising one version of islam or the other for centuries,they have had contact with arabs from north africa for centuries, even today,there are arabs that live in nigeria (north eastern borno by lake chad) and theyve been there since the 15th century,they still speak their dialect of arabic as their primary language and lingua franca, maryam abacha is an arab lady, both her parents are the arabs im referring to here (and no they are not arabized africans) they came to africa from arabia between 15th century and 16th century.
You are the one dat needs to be corrected. What was the religion of Bayajida the progenitor of the Hausas? Was it Islam,so Usman dan Fodio begged the Hausas to take his religion?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by pcicero(m): 12:59am On Sep 21, 2009
The chicken is coming home to roost. I'll wait till he does it.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by viccheny(m): 2:38am On Sep 21, 2009
I sense it. There will be arabic on the notes. Sanusi;s face shows it. Do you remember the case of the Islamic Banking after sacking the 5 bank CEOs? Watch out. Look at the picture of Sanusi again.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 3:52am On Sep 21, 2009
Beaf:

@gadogado

Since you keep mentioning "Oh Hausa had no writing system blah blah", perhaps you could check out this page? http://www.bisharat.net/Demos/Hausa_alphabet.htm

I told you, the reason for rooting for Arabic (instead of protecting your own heritage) is a bleeping brainwash.

dude that script/alphabets you posted/cited was created by raina kama in 1980, what are you talking about
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 3:55am On Sep 21, 2009
df2006:

gadogado let me ask you a honest question and i pray you answer me truthfully, where are you from? hausa or fulani?

I am neither, my tribe/ethnicity is called shuwa arab.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 21, 2009
gadogado:

I am neither, my tribe/ethnicity is called shuwa arab.

People like you shld not be a part of a nation with us, we have nothing in common.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 6:21am On Sep 21, 2009
gadogado:

dude that script/alphabets you posted/cited was created by raina kama in 1980, what are you talking about

Even if that is the case, I am sure we Southerners would only be too happy to celebrate an indigenous writing system, if it was suggested to go on the Naira. In fact the govt would be doing the nation proud by using such scripts.

Arabic is a strict no no.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 6:43am On Sep 21, 2009
davidylan:

People like you shld not be a part of a nation with us, we have nothing in common.

well blame the British you so love for that, they did this as im sure you are aware all over africa!! nigeria is not a country where people have things in common, the country is a collection of different and very distinct nations like sudan and most of the countries on the west coast of africa, multi ethnic,multi cultural and some people just cant deal with that much diversty and chose to avoid our common humanity! but im every bit nigerian as the next guy!!and all nigerians have one thing or the other in common, infact all humans do but people like you chose to dwell on the differences even where we have more similarities.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by cenaboy(m): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2009
Guys, don't you think that this people are not caring about other tribe in this country.The presidency is all muslim the prominet positions are all muslim Even the CBN governor is a cure muslim that attended islamic study in higher instutution Only them no wetin dat thin meanoo .God will not allow them to islamise this Country in JESUS Name I pray AMEN!!!!!!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Ben13: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2009
what is all these arabic stuffs and all dat? what does it signify?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by StEdwin(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2009
Seun, I agree with you. All this is just to show us that Nigeria on its own is a failed state plaqued with a quagmire of problems like tribalism, religion, ethnicity and so on.
Sanusi is just a foolish man who does not know his right from his left.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by mikijagga(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2009
Hey, !!!

Cut off the name calling game and ask,  is the inscription in Naira notes the prerogative of one man(i.e the CBN Governor) to decide?

If yes, then Sanusi can well put whatever he Chooses.

Nonetheless, we have the NA and House of Rep to call him to explain why he chose to do that, putting our diversity into perspective. It should be something generality (to a large extent) can understand!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Excllncy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2009
Oh God save Nigeria.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by akym(m): 3:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
Lets give Sanusi a chance i think he has a great plain 4 his father land.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by stevemike1: 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2009
I don't care about the arabic. I don't think anyone does.

Main discussion here: CBN To Issue New Polymer Notes: ₦5, ₦10, & ₦50

Seun you are folish because you are a moslem, that is why you are not concern about the arabic sign, why arabic why not latin sign, you people think you can islamatize this country,

Allowing northerners to hold position that is meant for the southerners.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2009
@ df2006

I am still waiting for you email. My bet still stands. People like you spreading hearsay with no facts/evidence. utterly pathetic
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by chosen04(f): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2009
Author Topic: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (Read 2798 views)
no21

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason?
« #32 on: September 19, 2009, 11:27 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Seun on September 17, 2009, 03:55 PM
I don't care about the arabic. I don't think anyone does.

Main discussion here: CBN To Issue New Polymer Notes: ₦5, ₦10, & ₦50

He's definitely not as popular as the Pope, but who is Mr. Olubunmi Okogie?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-324849.0.html

mr seun

you are begining to sound like an idiot and a muslim fanatic

maybe you should stay off nairaland for a while

sEUN, IS OBVIOUS BEGINNING TO LOSE CREDIBILITY.

He is even yet to give "US" (Nairalanders) financial details over the years abt this site. Let him remember that its our comments that are bringing the advertisers.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2009
steve mike:

Allowing northerners to hold position that is meant for the southerners.

dan iska. This is the most rubbish i have read all day
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nigerd(m): 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2009
Let him rescind his decision if that was his intention and let not our money be wasted on rubbish,

Sanusi let no one push u,
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Handsomeemmy(m): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
Nigeria is never am islamic country and never will be. So anybody trying to islamise nigeria should take note.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nahafsah(m): 6:48am On Sep 23, 2009
Hmm. Shouting unnecessarily just on Arabic LETTERS? Only the inscription's Arabic, with Hausa meaning. Then what's the nonsense claims all about if the Hausas prefer Arabic letters to English letters. Appa pairam be!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2009
[/quote][quote author=nahafsah link=topic=325012.msg4594366#msg4594366 date=1253684902]
Hmm. Shouting unnecessarily just on Arabic LETTERS? Only the inscription's Arabic, with Hausa meaning. Then what's the nonsense claims all about if the Hausas prefer Arabic letters to English letters. Appa pairam be!
mumu boko haram.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gReenmAn(m): 11:49am On Sep 23, 2009
Oh, so Naira notes no long spot arabics on them.
For the life of me, I didn't notice it's been removed.

I am sure I would've noticed if the removal either devalues or "upvalues" the naira.
But since it did neither, Sanusi can inscribe Chinese ideograms on them for all I care,
it will still take about 250 bloody naira to get 1 british pound angry
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by phartye(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2009
Whao! But none has ever complained about the Arabic numeral inscribe on their palms??
On your left palm is 8 and 1, while on your right palm is 1 and 8, all this are in Arabic?? Any Objection
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Hadone(m): 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
@poster & everyone

A capital [size=18pt]YES!!! Arabic is the reason. And majority of nairalanders Nigerians wants it back. Accept it if you like to, Reject it if you want to, tear it if you need to, leave the country if you opt to, die if you choose to or abuse me, Sanusi, Turai & Umaru if you decide to. All that is left to you but consider Arabic innscrition Baaaack!! No Shaking [/size] grin my first grin ever  on NL tongue.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by DTaj: 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2009
Nigerians would not cease to amaze me!!! A mere policy statement was made by the CBN and we just started attaching religious sentiments to it, without even waiting to get the full details!!!! The same polymer currency that Prof. Soludo had concluded before he left, and which Sanusi was just implementing!!! Haba, Nigerian people!!!

I can now see why it would take us eternity to develop in Nigeria, While certain countries are progressing, we dissipate valuable energy on which religion is better, which one would go to hell, which ethnic group dominates the cabinet, which tribe wishes to marginalise the other!!! Cry for my people, ignorant people!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by ayobase(m): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2009
This debate wouldnt lead anywhere.

Lets just wait for Sanusi to either exhibit
his FANATICAL foolishness or maintain his being OK!

English is not ours, but in our constitution.YES, we accept
it as our official language.

Is Mandrin not also an official language spoken by MOST people?

Constituiting Arabic or Mandrin or German as our official would have
been another issue here.

Well, I would be happier if they decide to use Tiv or Edoma or Nupe
language this time around.

Hause, Ibo and Yoruba should go relax a bit!

[color=#006600]
[/color]

Nigeria Is Blessed!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Abuzola(m): 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2009
Lol

ranting
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by iceland(m): 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
@Had_one. You must be another boko haram. I don't know why you islamists want to die with arabic. Why are christains not killing themself because of hebrew language. Why are you guys so so dull and foolish? Why?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2009
gadogado:

well blame the British you so love for that, they did this as im sure you are aware all over africa!! nigeria is not a country where people have things in common, the country is a collection of different and very distinct nations like sudan and most of the countries on the west coast of africa, multi ethnic,multi cultural and some people just cant deal with that much diversty and chose to avoid our common humanity! but im every bit nigerian as the next guy!!and all nigerians have one thing or the other in common, infact all humans do but people like you chose to dwell on the differences even where we have more similarities.

Those differences are the reason we are so poor and yet are one of the 5 top producers of oil. Those differences are the reason Sudan is engulfed in civil strife today . . . people like me choose to face reality while people like you prefer to bury your head in the sand because forced marriages like this are the reason you can even boast of owning a computer in the first place. I dont blame you, i wouldnt want to be in a nation like Niger Republic either.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by darqly(m): 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2009
@poster,have u gotten a glimpse of the new notes yet? How do you know there are arabic inscriptions on it? Why the premature paranoia then? Polymer notes fare better than the regular paper money currently in circulation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nobody In Nigeria Can Seize My Property — JIMOH IBRAHIM / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions / Earn N10,000 Daily With This POS At N15,500/device. Instant Transactions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.