Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (24933 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
davidylan:

Those differences are the reason we are so poor and yet are one of the 5 top producers of oil. Those differences are the reason Sudan is engulfed in civil strife today . . . people like me choose to face reality while people like you prefer to bury your head in the sand because forced marriages like this are the reason you can even boast of owning a computer in the first place. I dont blame you, i wouldnt want to be in a nation like Niger Republic either.

thank you david. gado whatever you should have been in chad on a camel, but thanks to the fraud called nigeria, you are posting a reply in nairaland. but i do appreciate ur humanity though, but the reality is that we can never, i repeat never be the same, we think differently, and you are only here because of what you stand to gain, nothing more nothing less, but not for long, very soon, we shall see
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Tsiya(m): 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2009
df2006:

thank you david. gado whatever you should have been in chad on a camel, but thanks to the fraud called nigeria, you are posting a reply in nairaland. but i do appreciate your humanity though, but the reality is that we can never, i repeat never be the same, we think differently, and you are only here because of what you stand to gain, nothing more nothing less, but not for long, very soon, we shall see

Are you saying that without Nigeria, some people do not have opportunity to have access to computer?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 24, 2009
Tsiya:

Are you saying that without Nigeria, some people do not have opportunity to have access to computer?
you got that right.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by newjay(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2009
We seem to love to expend our energy on unnecessary things. does the fact that Arabic is inscribed on the N20 note reduce the value of the note? How does it affect our sensibilities? There are a lot more pressing issues affecting our daily lives. We should stop screaming our lungs out over frivolities anchored on ethnicity/religion
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Hadone(m): 11:53am On Sep 24, 2009
iceland:

@Had_one. You must be another boko haram. I don't know why you islamists want to die with arabic. Why are christains not killing themself because of hebrew language. Why are you guys so so dull and foolish? Why?
Oh really! But Mr iceland calm down please, I have a single question 4u. If Arabic inscription return back to the speciefied Naira notes, how will you spend them[size=18pt]?[/size]
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by fayahsoul: 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2009
newjay:

We seem to love to expend our energy on unnecessary things. does the fact that Arabic is inscribed on the N20 note reduce the value of the note? How does it affect our sensibilities? There are a lot more pressing issues affecting our daily lives. We should stop screaming our lungs out over frivolities anchored on ethnicity/religion

Mr. man, cultural pride and dignity are not "frivolties." There's more to life than the appreciation or depreciation of currency. sheesh.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by ify4king(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
Sanusi is just being religous
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
davidylan:

Those differences are the reason we are so poor and yet are one of the 5 top producers of oil. Those differences are the reason Sudan is engulfed in civil strife today . . . people like me choose to face reality while people like you prefer to bury your head in the sand because forced marriages like this are the reason you can even boast of owning a computer in the first place. I dont blame you, i wouldnt want to be in a nation like Niger Republic either.

dont be a damn fool, what you're saying is utter ignorance and simplicty of highest or in your case lowest order!! dont you know that nations only rise on the account of diversity, when i say diversity, i mean of culture, because you cannot claim that having only one and the same group of people as citizens of a country and stamping out diversity is better than having diversity to begin with, look at the u.s, whats wrong with that society? absolutely nothing as far as nigeria is concerned!even in the u.s, the cities with the most diverse populations have the biggest economies and highest living standard, Los Angeles, Miami, New York e.t.c. Now contrast that to cities with high levels of ethnic bigotry like Louiville Kentucky or cities with all white (less diverse) demography like Boise- Idaho, Cheynene- Wyoming, Sioux Falls-South Dakota, Fargo- North Dakota e.t.c.

Diversity is an asset to any nation and any people living within the same country, the fact that Nigeria has a diverse demography should strengthen the country, its just that nigerians much like yourself are not advanced enough to realize this and you are always accusing the other tribe for your failures which is just diversionary since we all know that nigeria's problem is not that it has people of diverse backgrounds and ethnicity, its that there is a super corrupt political elite and the elite in question belong to every tribe across the length and breadth of the country. Thay have succeeded in "bamboozling" you to believe the fallacy that the country is poor because it has so many ethnic groups. thats nonsense!diversity is a source of strength because culture intermingle and continually learn from each other and adopt each others strengths making the entire nation better for that! CORRUPTION is whats making the country poor not DIVERSITY of our population. THINK
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2009
df2006:

thank you david.   gado whatever  you should have been in chad on a camel, but thanks to the fraud called nigeria, you are posting a reply in nairaland. but i do appreciate your humanity though, but the reality is that we can never, i repeat never be the same, we think differently, and you are only here because of what you stand to gain, nothing more nothing less, but not for long,  very soon, we shall see

dude, what makes a nigerian think he is so much better than someone from chad or sudan or wherever you people like to bash so much. if you go to khartoum-sudan, you'll see all sorts of igbo boys there hustling to make a living, if its so much worse than nigeria or (southern nigeria) why go to sudan in the first place, im also certain that you've never been to chad so you have no way of knowing what its really like,camels? dont be ignorant, you sound like a european who asks if you live on trees when you say you're nigerian.your view of chad is probably wrong, so dont judge it untill you actually go there!!i cant understand why you people cannot appreciate diversity, you feel like as cultures and ethnicities we have absolutely nothing to learn from each other! even linguistically, northerners have borrowed from southerners and vice versa!you want to go and form your little shell of only like minded and mono-ethnic citizens, this is the 21st entury where people are supposed to embrase humanity and look at the world from a global standpoint, we as humans are a single organism. your hitler views are outdated and ignorant, ethnocentrism is mere silliness and an unfortunate manifestation of the lack of education in our country. the world is coming together as larger bodies, look at the european union, soon it'll be the country of europe instead of an economic union, but people like you are advocating a break up into smaller fractions, do you see how your own thinking is backward and retrogrssive?

Let me ask you this, you want to break up nigeria on the account that we are "too" different. well you live in africa, land of tribes! if you break up for this reason, is there only one ethnic group in the south? there are so many,maybe more than the north, so what if you become the republic of southern nigeria or whatever, and some people start claiming that igbos are too different from yorubas or the million ethnic groups in that area and that you should break up again,isint your argument a slippery slope one? then before you know it, you are back to living in little tribes with no ounce of unity and this is exactly how foreigners will enter your land and capture slaves or nowadays economically destroy you coz you have no solid,firm voice, just little weak ones. Militarily, nigeria is stronger as is, economically, there is huge potential, divided we fall,united we stand, a statement taken for granted today, yet so true!!

as the entity of nigeria today, even if its just by the population, nigeria has a strong voice in africa, one of the strongest, break up and you'll realize that no one is taking you seriously, break up today and tomorrow, you may not be able to stave off attacks from countries or (tribes from other countries in your case) than are much more different from you than northern nigerians, this is how it works!! please dont take "attacks" in a simplistic way as i have a hunch you will,when i say attacks, it could be of any kind, there are a million ways to attack you with out it being military confrontation.THINK, I'll continue schooling you boy.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2009
gadogado:

dude, what makes a nigerian think he is so much better than someone from chad or sudan or wherever you people like to bash so much. if you go to khartoum-sudan, you'll see all sorts of igbo boys there hustling to make a living, if its so much worse than nigeria or (southern nigeria) why go to sudan in the first place

this is nonsense . . . prior to the kleptocratic regimes of your northern stooges . . . no southerner would ever contemplate going to Sudan to hustle. Igbo boys are there today because you have bankrupted our nation and turned it into a banana republic. For this and many more we say thank you and pray without ceasing for the day our leaders will grow and spine and kick us out of this unholy yoke with cattle rearers and backward folks.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Pataki: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ gadogado,

Are you implicitly saying that; having Arabic signs on the note is a true example of diversity in Nigeria and it stems the way for development?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
arabic or vietnamese makes no difference. the fact that its still not worth anything means we've not achieved anything. jobless things.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2009
^
We are not achieving anything precisely because we take stupid decisions like putting Arabic on our money, instead of concentrating on fundamental issues.

We are not achieving anything because in a secular state like ours, some idiots are pushing an Islamic toga.

We are not achieving anything because the most unproductive parts of our union want to foist their religious outlook on the rest of us.

The above are symptons of the larger problems that inflict our "nation".
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2009
Beaf:

^
We are not achieving anything precisely because we take stupid decisions like putting Arabic on our money, instead of concentrating on fundamental issues.

We are not achieving anything because in a secular state like ours, some idiots are pushing an Islamic toga.

We are not achieving anything because the most unproductive parts of our union want to foist their religious outlook on the rest of us.

The above are symptons of the larger problems that inflict our "nation".

this is precisely the problem with Nigeria. While the rest of the world is addressing global economic issues at the UN, the president of our country snubbed invitations to go open a private university in saudi arabia while his own schools are closed down.

Well we thank God for the north.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by mazaje(m): 9:37pm On Sep 24, 2009
davidylan:

this is precisely the problem with Nigeria. While the rest of the world is addressing global economic issues at the UN, the president of our country snubbed invitations to go open a private university in saudi arabia while his own schools are closed down.

Well we thank God for the north.

Do these deluded goons think at all?What about the minister of education that chose to celebrate a lavish multi million naira birthday when ASUU was on strike and insulted them instead of having a meeting with them is he a northerner too?. . .When ASUU went on a 6 month strike under obasanjo where was this fool to blame it on the yarubas?. . . .  . . Idoits. . as If the southern Nigerians are any better than the Northerners. . . . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2009
^
We are not better. WE JUST FUCKING FEED YOU! . . .And the idiots among you (they are many) think they can keep taking the mickey.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by mazaje(m): 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2009
Beaf:

^
We are not better. WE JUST FUCKING FEED YOU! . . .And the idiots among you (they are many) think they can keep taking the mickey.

This is false considering the fact that you guys can not even afford to feed yourselves. . . One thing you need to know is that the southerners are NOT united at all. . .I have lived in Rivers state and I have experienced their own local tribal warfare. . . .Stop pretending as if you guys are united or are able to feed yourself. . .I do business in the oil and gas sector. . .I visit the Niger Delta regularly and The truth is that the place is no better than kano. . . .The leaders are not even able to take care of their own people. . .The Idiots among you of which there are MANY too keep taking the mickey. . . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2009
^
So you are one of the many bunkerers? No better than thieves.
You guys have nothing to to offer outside Boko Haram and almajiri's that you send to various Southern states.

Remember it always. . . WE FUCKING FEED YOU!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2009
gado. i feel you and i want to understand your pain, but you see, i have been on the same path as you, thought about the benefits of the diversity, but we can never be like the u s a, it is a nation built on equality, even as much as how faulty the equality is, it has made it,s diversity a strength, and modern christianity which majority of the americans practice  is benevolent, it gives room for people of different and diverse beliefs to grow,(mind you i am not canvassing for christanity) but the form of islam your people practice up north have totaly blinded them, who am i? a kafiri, to tell them, that a muslim son of the soil is using their collective brain and population to instill on them a poverty worse than that of the arna(non believers) that are down south, we thank God that the wool is off ur eyes, and that is, as a result of the fact that you have education, and you are in a country that, disseminate information freely,  but only 1% of your people think like you do, a people that think it is ok to loot goverment treasury, it is not haram as long as the people affected are not muslims, it is fair and square to treat them as inferior, probably pay a jizya (tax for being non muslims) which we are doing, considering the igbo guys in sudan hustling, when they need not to, what can be more taxing? do you know why i asked you whether you are hausa or fulani? because i wanted to know where you come from, as a shuwa i consider you to be neutral, that,s why i am even replying you, the hausa is even worse off and beyond repair, we all know the plan of the fodios and they have nearly acomplished it, but a lie can last a thousand years but truth will surface one day.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by mazaje(m): 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2009
Beaf:

^
So you are one of the many bunkerers? No better than thieves.
You guys have nothing to to offer outside Boko Haram and almajiri's that you send to various Southern states.

I do the the oil bunkery with your southern brothers and sisters. . . .The problem is that you guys are NO better no matter how much you keep lying to yourself. . . .You guys have nothing to offer beside yahoo, yahoo boys and drug pushers. . . .I live in Europe. . .go to the European prisons and I bet you that 90 percent of Nigerians that are in there are of southern extraction. . . .

You can NOT feed yourselves how then can you boast of feeding others. . . Is yenagoa in the north?. . .Have you ever been there?. . . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by MrCrackles(m): 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2009
mazaje:

You can NOT feed yourselves how then can you boast of feeding others. . . Is yenagoa in the north?. . .Have you ever been there?. . . .
grin cheesy grin
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
mazaje:

Do these deluded goons think at all?What about the minister of education that chose to celebrate a lavish multi million naira birthday when ASUU was on strike and insulted them instead of having a meeting with them is he a northerner too?. . .When ASUU went on a 6 month strike under obasanjo where was this fool to blame it on the yarubas?. . . .  . . Idoits. . as If the southern Nigerians are any better than the Northerners. . . . .

why is it that when you people are confronted with wrong doing you take solace with the fact that other people are doing it, is the education minister the president? the minister is the responsibility of the president, deal with the president and forget the minister, a real president will never even make that idiot a minister.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 10:14pm On Sep 24, 2009
mazaje:

I do the the oil bunkery with your southern brothers and sisters. . . .The problem is that you guys are NO better no matter how much you keep lying to yourself. . . .You guys have nothing to offer beside yahoo, yahoo boys and drug pushers. . . .I live in Europe. . .go to the European prisons and I bet you that 90 percent of Nigerians that are in there are of southern extraction. . . .

Talking about Yenegoa and your oil thieving. . .

What exactly do you guy's produce apart from various illiterate miscreants, the Boko Harams (you sadly seem to be one), maitasene's etc. All bleeped up. Because some of you guys heartily embrace illiteracy, they even riot against vaccines aimed at keeping you well.

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by mazaje(m): 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2009
df2006:

why is it that when you people are confronted with wrong doing you take solace with the fact that other people are doing it, is the education minister the president? the minister is the responsibility of the president, deal with the president and forget the minister, a real president will never even make that idiot a minister.

What about the idiot obasanjo that made a sick man the president of Nigeria? Is he a northerner?. . .Why should the north alone be attacked when every body is involved in the primitive way of corruption?. . .are the southerners less corrupt than the northerners?. . . The answer is NO. . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
mazaje:

What about the idiot obasanjo that made a sick man the president of Nigeria? Is he a northerner?. . .Why should the north alone be attacked when every body is involved in the primitive way of corruption?. . .are the southerners less corrupt than the northerners?. . . The answer is NO. . .

two northerners who were hale and hearty contested, did you vote for them?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by mazaje(m): 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2009
Beaf:

Talking about Yenegoa and your oil thieving. . .

Actually I do it with your southern brothers and sisters. . in fact the introduced me to it. . .

What exactly do you guy's produce apart from various illiterate miscreants, the Boko Harams (you sadly seem to be one), maitasene's etc. All bleeped up. Because some of you guys heartily embrace illiteracy, they even riot against vaccines aimed at keeping you well.

Are you for real?. . .Which state are you from?. . . .even with all the oil wealth you guys have how have you guys used it to help yourselves?. . . .with all the education you guys boast about how have you helped improved the lives of your people?. . .

grin grin. . .Again how can you boast of feeding others when you can not even feed yourselves
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by mazaje(m): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2009
df2006:

two northerners who were hale and hearty contested, did you vote for them?

I wasn't in Nigeria when the elections took place. . but remember that your southern brother stole the election and gave it to the sick and incompetent one amongst the two. . . .so blame him
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2009
mazaje:

Actually I do it with your southern brothers and sisters. . in fact the introduced me to it. . .

Are you for real?. . .Which state are you from?. . . .even with all the oil wealth you guys have how have you guys used it to help yourselves?. . . .with all the education you guys boast about how have you helped improved the lives of your people?. . .

grin grin. . .Again how can you boast of feeding others when you can not even feed yourselves

So you steal oil and it doesn't show in your village? Those places look and stink like dung heaps; you have to be crazy to comment about anything in the South, our swamps are your heaven.

You steal oil and the money can't even make you aware of the benefits of the polio vaccine? Or how to avoid river blindness?

You are useless to yourselves and Nigeria.

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
My main problem with northerners is VVF. gadogado,mazaje. . .what do u have to say to this?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by mazaje(m): 11:52pm On Sep 24, 2009
Beaf:

So you steal oil and it doesn't show in your village? Those places look and stink like dung heaps; you have to be crazy to comment about anything in the South, our swamps are your heaven.

Actually I steal the oil with the help of your brothers and sisters. . they introduced me into it. . .I had European connections they stole the oil and we set up a deal. . . . Blame your thieving brothers and sisters that have no shame not me. . .

You steal oil and the money can't even make you aware of the benefits of the polio vaccine? Or how to avoid river blindness?

Have you helped cure or provided free health care to all your kwasokor infected children in the south?

You are useless to yourselves and Nigeria.

Mirro mirror on the wall grin grin grin
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2009
^

Oil thief; we don't have kwashiokor (much as you dream).

You are useless to yourselves and Nigeria. All you produce are almajiri's and alkali courts to beat poor people.
Instead of going to school, you guys produce murderers. Ungrateful dogs that kill and rape Southern women and their babies, all for tenous reason's that most times have nothing to do with Nigeria; like someone has burnt a koran in Europe or US invaded Irag.

Idiots and fools that marry off 9 year old girls. Disgrace.

Nail it to your head. . . WE FUCKING FEED YOU!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by fayahsoul: 12:23am On Sep 25, 2009
The benefits of ethnic diversity can only be realized under an appropriate political climate which nigeria lacks. Muslims in the north think rulership is their birth right. They uncompromising fanatical bigots who lack foresight.

Most northerners can't read simple numbers? after all these years? how daft can they be, really.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nobody In Nigeria Can Seize My Property — JIMOH IBRAHIM / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions / Calabar Monorail In Perfect Condition But No Patronage – Tinapa MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.