Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

A Simple Question For Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Question For Atheists (5517 Views)

Questions For Atheists / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Question For Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

Jealousy is never a flaw bro. Jealousy is proof you are not a machine. It is part of what makes us alive.
I already answered the questions you are asking here so no need repeating them.

Where are you transitioning to or from?

jeal·ous
ˈjeləs/
adjective
feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.
"he grew jealous of her success"
synonyms: envious, covetous, desirous; More
feeling or showing suspicion of someone's unfaithfulness in a relationship.
"a jealous boyfriend"
synonyms: suspicious, distrustful, mistrustful, doubting, insecure, anxious; More
[size=20pt]fiercely protective or vigilant of one's rights or possessions.
"Howard is still a little jealous of his authority"
synonyms: protective, vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous
"they are very jealous of their rights"[/size]

The bolded bottom part of the definition is the kind of Jealous God is.
It is a flaw. It is proof that you are neither divine nor perfect.....I do not know where I am transitioning to. I have been unable to break away from my Christian roots. Indoctrination is really powerful.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

Jealousy is never a flaw bro. Jealousy is proof you are not a machine. It is part of what makes us alive.
I already answered the questions you are asking here so no need repeating them.

Where are you transitioning to or from?

jeal·ous
ˈjeləs/
adjective
feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.
"he grew jealous of her success"
synonyms: envious, covetous, desirous; More
feeling or showing suspicion of someone's unfaithfulness in a relationship.
"a jealous boyfriend"
synonyms: suspicious, distrustful, mistrustful, doubting, insecure, anxious; More
[size=20pt]fiercely protective or vigilant of one's rights or possessions.
"Howard is still a little jealous of his authority"
synonyms: protective, vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous
"they are very jealous of their rights"[/size]

The bolded bottom part of the definition is the kind of Jealous God is.
It is a flaw. It is proof that you are neither divine nor perfect.....I do not know where I am transitioning to. I have been unable to break away from my Christian roots. Indoctrination is really powerful.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

Jealousy which is a sin is being envious or covetous and is shown by humans . God being jealous means that he wants you to refrain from worshiping other gods and give him all your attention because he is the true God and other gods will lead to your destruction

God gets angry
Can a PERFECT being get jealous?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
Pidggin:
Why do you people keep posting in this section? If you agree that you have no religion why maintain a strong presence here? You should post more in the science section than here but this is not the case, why?

Seun I think you need to create a section for only Christians and an athiest section except you want more gullible Christians to be led astray.

Atheists are mostly disgruntled ex-members of the christian religion. They get their orgasm by releasing the grudges here. Please do not blame them
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Can a PERFECT being get jealous?

Please don't start defining God with one-sided reasoning . This does not have to with anything . God is perfect , I also explained what God being jealous means . If you think God being perfect means he can't get jealous then its more of an opinion than established fact .
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Why do have a predilection for lying ? You always show your conspicuous hate for God and associate him with impious descriptions . I understand this game atheists play that's why I always call you an atheist no matter the number of times you tell me to stop .

"Indoctrination is really powerful" - this is rather pejorative than a sensible innocent remark . You are a bona fide atheist .
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

Why do have a predilection for lying ? You always show your conspicuous hate for God and associate him with impious descriptions . I understand this game atheists play that's why I always call you an atheist no matter the number of times you tell me to stop .

"Indoctrination is really powerful" - this is rather pejorative than a sensible innocent remark . You are a bona fide atheist .
Are you KingEbuka?

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

Please don't start defining God with one-sided reasoning . This does not have to with anything . God is perfect , I also explained what God being jealous means . If you think God being perfect means he can't get jealous then its more of an opinion than established fact .
So perfection can accomodate jealousy? Interesting
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are you KingEbuka?

There are so many king ebukas on Nairaland so which one are you talking about ??
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So perfection can accomodate jealousy? Interesting

One-sided reasoning
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

One-sided reasoning
I don't know what you mean by this.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

There are so many king ebukas on Nairaland so which one are you talking about ??
And you'd turn around to accuse people of having numerous accounts
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Conner44: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Brothers and sisters, please leave all these our Nigerian atheists alone. They can only come on the Internet to say the thrash they keep tied down in their minds.

Their parents and siblings are religious, it's just that they may have traveled to one mumu oyibo country and abandoned attending church for a while then begin to believe they are atheists

If they are in their parents or guardians or relatives presence they won't dare attack religion, you will see them chanting and praying because they don't want to be ridiculed.

See and hear them Telling themselves lies up and down. Pour hot water on them by mistake and hear them scream 'Jesus' like he's the one that did it.

Everybody in this modern age likes copy copy, because Bill Gates, Zuckerberg and Co claim they are atheists everybody wants to feel among as if it will make them successful too.

Leave them jor, they are a minority in our existence. Over 100 different gods but they choose not to believe any of them. Instead believing that when they die their consciousness will just off like when nepa takes light during world Cup and no generator to backup.

If I happen to meet an atheist I will laugh at them, it's funny thinking that they missed being born an ant or elephant and instead became a human being 'just like that' to live without purpose or significance until the day they die and that's the end of their chapter in existence.

Leave them oo, they have much data on their phones to sacrifice for stupidity. Don't trade yours like they do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
And you'd turn around to accuse people of having numerous accounts

Can you show me where I agreed to being anybody in the first place
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't know what you mean by this.

I'm just trying to say you are not making any sense
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by kevoh(m): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
Pidggin:

@ bolded, this is my point. You don't believe God exist but we Christians believe he does so how can we reason together. Why interrupt our threads with your opinions, is it not to win people over to athiesm?

Nope, atheists rarely proselytize rather to point out the weakness in the argument you guys spit out daily and shove in our faces in public buses, the early morning preachers, the noise from loud speakers churches holding vigils in my street at midnight e.t.c. If what you spit out and shove in my face daily is the truth, then you should not be scared of a little criticism because truth will prevail not complaints. I see you once again playing out the victim complex. These are things Christians do daily but if given a little dose of your medicine you begin to cry. Why are you scared of receiving the same dose of your medicine? Are you scared of wavering in your faith because of the questions atheists ask you? If no is the answer, then stop complaining, whining and playing out the victim complex. Feel free to fire the atheists questions too.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
kevoh:

Nope, atheists rarely proselytize rather to point out the weakness in the argument you guys spit out daily and shove in our faces in public buses, the early morning preachers, the noise from loud speakers churches holding vigils in my street at midnight e.t.c. If what you spit out and shove in my face daily is the truth, then you should not be scared of a little criticism because truth will prevail not complaints. I see you once again playing out the victim complex. These are things Christians do daily but if given a little dose of your medicine you begin to cry. Why are you scared of receiving the same dose of your medicine? Are you scared of wavering in your faith because of the questions atheists ask you? If no is the answer, then stop complaining, whining and playing out the victim complex. Feel free to fire the atheists questions too.

You keep repeating the same thing all over again in every thread you enter . Atheists have not shown us any thing illogical about the bible . Your minds have been pervaded with misconceptions and conjectures . You mistake these two for logical reasoning , its not . I've seen atheists mock Christians by asking how God could come from nothing . Now do you see the problem ? God is eternal . But the ignorant atheist would think he had asked a logical question . There are so many other misconceptions about God , Heaven , Hell etc and we Christians try to dispel them .
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by kevoh(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

You keep repeating the same thing all over again in every thread you enter . Atheists have not shown us any thing illogical about the bible . Your minds have been pervaded with misconceptions and conjectures . You mistake these two for logical reasoning , its not . I've seen atheists mock Christians by asking how God could come from nothing . Now do you see the problem ? God is eternal . But the ignorant atheist would think he had asked a logical question . There are so many other misconceptions about God , Heaven , Hell etc and we Christians try to dispel them .
I have noticed your presence ebuka, move along now!
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
kevoh:

I have noticed your presence ebuka, move along now!

So much for logical reasoning , instead of addressing my post he strikes with a red herring . Well , I never expected anything logical to come from atheists anyway

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by cloudgoddess(f): 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

Atheism is absolute on the view there is no God or conscious creator of the universe.
No it isn't.

That's gnostic-atheism. Most atheists here are agnostic-atheists including myself. Agnostic-atheists do not see any reliable evidence for a creator, so we do not believe there is one. But we do not claim to know there isn't one with 100% certainty.

Deists believe in some surpreme intelligence, but do not believe in the human-created "God characters" who do things because of their emotions & actively intervene in our lives. I think a few of the posters on here who are automatically labeled as atheists by upset Christians, are actually Deists.

There is a wide range of non-belief in Christianity/Abrahamic religions, and they all have their justifications. What I like about all of them though is that they all show some level of critical thought. Willingness to toss old ideas that don't live up to scrutiny, despite fears, social pressures, & the strength of childhood indoctrination. That takes courage and smarts.

NL freethinkers are awesome grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by kevoh(m): 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

So much for logical reasoning , instead of addressing my post he strikes with a red herring . Well , I never expected anything logical to come from atheists anyway
Yawn...
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

Can you show me where I agreed to being anybody in the first place
I cannot abide this sophistry.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

I'm just trying to say you are not making any sense
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by cloudgoddess(f): 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:
Brothers and sisters, please leave all these our Nigerian atheists alone. They can only come on the Internet to say the thrash they keep tied down in their minds.

Their parents and siblings are religious, it's just that they may have traveled to one mumu oyibo country and abandoned attending church for a while then begin to believe they are atheists

If they are in their parents or guardians or relatives presence they won't dare attack religion, you will see them chanting and praying because they don't want to be ridiculed.

So your position is that people should simply continue believing things because the people around them do? That is a sure-fire way to remain small-minded.

Imagine the millions of Muslims using this same type of social control to justify staying in Islam.

Everybody in this modern age likes copy copy, because Bill Gates, Zuckerberg and Co claim they are atheists everybody wants to feel among as if it will make them successful too.
You seriously think people are becoming atheist because we think it's cool? Lol that is a very interesting perspective. I mean, if you think we're cool then just tell us straight up.

Leave them jor, they are a minority in our existence.
*A growing minority smiley

Over 100 different gods but they choose not to believe any of them.
Why should we? Where are the facts?

There are over 6000 mythical dragons yet you refuse to believe any of them! Heretic!

That's how silly you sound. Why should anyone believe anything that isn't clearly evidenced?

Instead believing that when they die their consciousness will just off like when nepa takes light during world Cup and no generator to backup.
What proof do you have that our consciousness exists independently of our brains? Show me consciousness occurring without a living, functioning brain and then I will understand how silly it is to think that our consciousness shuts off at death along with our brains.

If I happen to meet an atheist I will laugh at them, it's funny thinking that they missed being born an ant or elephant and instead became a human being 'just like that' to live without purpose or significance until the day they die and that's the end of their chapter in existence.
You need to believe in an invisible sky-father in order to have purpose in your life? Why?

Why do you find it impossible to appreciate your existence without the promise of immortality?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Yours is a serious case of lost identity. Read your post to understand how lost you are. Playing you haven't been able to break away from your Christian roots, which roots exactly? The same roots that taught you of the Supreme Intelligence which you today mock. Are you one of those fascinated by creating unrealistic claims about the human kind being chimpanzees as one point?

Let me help you with your transition. You are transitioning to nowhere I'll tell you or better yet, your lot will reverse to being the chimpanzees that your kind were before evolution. At least now you know what will become of you...... Atheist to the core. Do not shy away, claim your irreligious beliefs.

"indoctrination is really powerful"... listen to him.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
cloudgoddess:

No it isn't.

That's gnostic-atheism. Most atheists here are agnostic-atheists including myself. Agnostic-atheists do not see any reliable evidence for a creator, so we do not believe there is one. But we do not claim to know there isn't one with 100% certainty.

But then it seems you guys- agnostic atheists - are dogmatic about your opinion on God's existence . Why is this so ? 'Cause you clearly said you are not 100% certain . If your conclusion about God is tentative then you act like you are certain .

Deists believe in some surpreme intelligence, but do not believe in the human-created "God characters" who do things because of their emotions & actively intervene in our lives. I think a few of the posters on here who are automatically labeled as atheists by upset Christians, are actually Deists.

Deepsight is the only popular deist . Can you mention other deists ? I admire deism . A deist's argument is usually on causality though. And their concept about this supernatural creator is nebulous

There is a wide range of non-belief in Christianity/Abrahamic religions, and they all have their justifications. What I like about all of them though is that they all show some level of critical thought. Willingness to toss old ideas that don't live up to scrutiny, despite fears, social pressures, & the strength of childhood indoctrination. That takes courage and smarts.

I think its more of misconceptions . I mean no misconception can stand scrutiny . Or better still give me 3 arguments against the Christian God that you feel aint tenable .

NL freethinkers are awesome grin

"Freethinking" is ambiguous though

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by lepasharon(f): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:

Their parents and siblings are religious, it's just that they may have traveled to [b]one mumu oyibo country [/b]and abandoned attending church for a while then begin to believe they are atheists

See and hear them Telling themselves lies up and down. Pour hot water on them by mistake and hear them scream 'Jesus' like he's the one that did it.

Leave them jor, they are a minority in our existence. Over 100 different gods but they choose not to believe any of them. Instead believing that when they die their consciousness will just off like when nepa takes light during world Cup and no generator to backup.

Leave them oo, they have much data on their phones to sacrifice for stupidity. Don't trade yours like they do.

You know Damn well, you would sell your whole family to get into one 'mumu oyinbo country ' cheesy and leave that shithole grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
jagugu88li:

Yours is a serious case of lost identity. Read your post to understand how lost you are. Playing you haven't been able to break away from your Christian roots, which roots exactly? The same roots that taught you of the Supreme Intelligence which you today mock. Are you one of those fascinated by creating unrealistic claims about the human kind being chimpanzees as one point?

Let me help you with your transition. You are transitioning to nowhere I'll tell you or better yet, your lot will reverse to being the chimpanzees that your kind were before evolution. At least now you know what will become of you...... Atheist to the core. Do not shy away, claim your irreligious beliefs.

"indoctrination is really powerful"... listen to him.
I am not exactly sure how to respond to this. What exactly do you want me to say love?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

If you believe there is an intelligent designer how would the intelligent designer be able to intelligently make you and I and give us emotions in such a way that we can differentiate which is which if He did not first understand these emotions?

Its like people who are making Robots today. All of them agree that a robot is soulless and a perfect Robot is one with the ability to feel or smell or have emotions .....in short a perfect Robot should be like man but once that is done, its no longer a robot but a clone and what is a clone? A clone is a copy of an original.

We are clones of God. So man is unable to add the final ingredient into a robot because once they do then will Robots be able to think and take decisions for themselves and not preprogrammed responses...that is a line man is unwilling and unable to cross.

Jealousy is not a flaw bro. I already showed you in its definition. If you have a son or daughter and it is in your power to save that child from being crushed by a car would you not do that? Would you just sit and say you do not care? If you cannot sit idly by and watch bad things happen to your offspring even in your limited capacity why would u then assume that the same God who created you would not have feelings?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

If you believe there is an intelligent designer how would the intelligent designer be able to intelligently make you and I and give us emotions in such a way that we can differentiate which is which if He did not first understand these emotions?

Its like people who are making Robots today. All of them agree that a robot is soulless and a perfect Robot is one with the ability to feel or smell or have emotions .....in short a perfect Robot should be like man but once that is done, its no longer a robot but a clone and what is a clone? A clone is a copy of an original.

We are clones of God. So man is unable to add the final ingredient into a robot because once they do then will Robots be able to think and take decisions for themselves and not preprogrammed responses...that is a line man is unwilling and unable to cross.

Jealousy is not a flaw bro. I already showed you in its definition. If you have a son or daughter and it is in your power to save that child from being crushed by a car would you not do that? Would you just sit and say you do not care? If you cannot sit idly by and watch bad things happen to your offspring even in your limited capacity why would u then assume that the same God who created you would not have feelings?

So, your god which can do all things had to have our emotions in order to give us such emotions?

I guess god feels left out too when I have sex, or who is he having sex with in heaven?

God also sleeps, or how will he give you sleep without sleeping himself? That explains why your people suffer same physical fate as those that befall other religions

Your god is also "afraid", that's why humans feel fear from time to time, you just need to tell me who or what he's afraid of

Your god must also feel surprise, or how did he give us that without knowing how it feels himself? So what or who surprised him? Do tell

He must feel all the above since he feels angry, sad, happy, pity, regret or how did he give them to you?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

So, your god which can do all things had to have our emotions in order to give us such emotions?

I guess god feels left out too when I have sex, or who is he having sex with in heaven?

God also sleeps, or how will he give you sleep without sleeping himself? That explains why your people suffer same physical fate as those that befall other religions

Your god is also "afraid", that's why humans feel fear from time to time, you just need to tell me who or what he's afraid of

Your god must also feel surprise, or how did he give us that without knowing how it feels himself? So what or who surprised him? Do tell

He must feel all the above since he feels angry, sad, happy, pity, regret the or how did he give them to you?

You know I know you well and your inability to think for yourself. So I will ignore you as my response was not meant for you.

Have you opened the Atheistic evangelical thread yet?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Conner44: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
cloudgoddess:

So your position is that people should simply continue believing things because the people around them do? That is a sure-fire way to remain small-minded.

Imagine the millions of Muslims using this same type of social control to justify staying in Islam.

You seriously think people are becoming atheist because we think it's cool? Lol that is a very interesting perspective. I mean, if you think we're cool then just tell us straight up.

*A growing minority smiley

Why should we? Where are the facts?

There are over 6000 mythical dragons yet you refuse to believe any of them! Heretic!

That's how silly you sound. Why should anyone believe anything that isn't clearly evidenced?

What proof do you have that our consciousness exists independently of our brains? Show me consciousness occurring without a living, functioning brain and then I will understand how silly it is to think that our consciousness shuts off at death along with our brains.

You need to believe in an invisible sky-father in order to have purpose in your life? Why?

Why do you find it impossible to appreciate your existence without the promise of immortality?

I just have to see you standing in front of me, posing, opening your mouth and asking me these questions, thinking you're 'cool' . . . lol I will soo laugh at you. You're a comedian

You sit behind books, tv and the Internet and believe you know everything there is to know about this world we live in but I pity you.

For you to think that out of the million different species of life on this planet, you were born a human being. . . JUST LIKE THAT. . . Speaks volumes of your IQ

Well, I know what you're missing in your life and it's called FAITH. . . every human being who has religion has it

Keep on growing your minority, US religious folks don't mind the comedy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth To Attend Worship And Communion Service With Pastor Chris / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Everyone On Earth Will See JESUS At The Last Day / How Did You Spend Your Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.