Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Simple Steps On How To Import From China - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Simple Steps On How To Import From China (10138 Views)

What Can I Import From New York And Sell In Nigeria? / 7 Fast Selling Products On Konga You Can Easily Import From China / Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2016
nwabuwa:
Weldone sir.. Please what could be the reason for my inability to pay using master card issued by uba. Ali express site told me that they don't support the card..
If your card is really a Master Card, go to your bank and ask them to enable it for online international payment.

2 Likes

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Pidggin(f): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2016
Following
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Pidggin(f): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2016
Kizyte:
Feel free to ask any question smiley

Thanks for this thread. How long does it take for the product ordered to arrive the country, does it depend on the state where one lives?

Can someone give a post office address for valuable products e.g laptop, digital cameras etc or is it advisable to give a house address instead? I am asking if it is safe to receive valuable products through Nipost

Thanks
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by uncletech(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2016
Nice and educative pls i will love to have ur phone number pls dis my email emmanegedu@yahoo.com
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2016
Pidggin:

Thanks for this thread. How long does it take for the product ordered to arrive the country, does it depend on the state where one lives?

Can someone give a post office address for valuable products e.g laptop, digital cameras etc or is it advisable to give a house address instead? I am asking if it is safe to receive valuable products through Nipost

Thanks
It depends on the state where you reside. Some of my items arrived Lagos from China in 14 days and took 4 days to get to my NIPOST branch in Abuja.

Your shipping address could be a Post Office Box or home/office address. All items come through NIPOST except you're choosing courier service like DHL etc.

It is safe to receive electronic gadgets via NIPOST. Even if you use your home address (non P.O Box), you still have to go to a nearby NIPOST office for pick up.

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Pidggin(f): 11:56am On Aug 06, 2016
Kizyte:
Your shipping address could be a Post Office Box or home/office address. All items come through NIPOST except you're choosing courier service like DHL etc.

It is safe to receive electronic gadgets via NIPOST. Even if you use your home address (non P.O Box), you still have to go to a nearby NIPOST office for pick up.

Thanks, I think I should use my box address, I will pick up the items from there. This thread is just what we learners in mini importation need, following
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2016
Pidggin:

Thanks, I think I should use my box address, I will pick up the items from there. This thread is just what we learners in mini importation need, following
Thanks, revisit my reply for item duration.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
Pidggin:

Also note that big items like laptops attracts huge custom duty. You can order for items like smart phones and other little electronics without paying for shipping and customs duty. Always ask seller to send item as 'gift'

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Pidggin(f): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
Kizyte:
Also note that big items like laptops attracts huge custom duty. You can order for items like smart phones and other little electronics without paying for shipping and customs duty. Always ask seller to send item as 'gift'

Thanks boss, I was about to ask this question you must be a mind reader smiley
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
Pidggin:

Thanks boss, I was about to ask this question you must be a mind reader smiley
People always say that grin

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by nomoless: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
Thanks for this wonderful thread, may God continue to bless you.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
uncletech:
Nice and educative pls i will love to have ur phone number pls dis my email emmanegedu@yahoo.com
Thanks, you can send me a PM
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by mindtricks: 5:25am On Aug 08, 2016
dauntless15:
thanks for this i have questions though
How do you know the naira to dollars equivalence before paying so as to know if its pricey or cheap

Aside jumia and konga been restricted to Nigeria alone what other difference is there btw aliexpress and them

What are its advantages over our popular online stores

Are things cheaper there

How do you track your order

Do they deliver to your door step

What happens if you're scammed

How do you retrieve your money incase of scam

After paying can u camcel your order

How much are you chsrged for dilevery

How authentic is thier products

How can you spot a legit product

Do they sell everything

Do they deliver tiny products like memory card

Must you buy everything in bulks

How effective is thier service

Is thier customer care live

Sorry for the many questions but my curiosity is too big to ignore

Dauntless in deed.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
nomoless:
Thanks for this wonderful thread, may God continue to bless you.
Thank you very much! smiley
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by iffydave: 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2016
Kizyte:

Boss,

What if I want to buy more than one item from different sellers?
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Ebook4Free(m): 12:56am On Aug 09, 2016
Aliexpress will only rip off your money when 1Dollar is 400naira here in Nigeria while not buy right from china local market in yaun.. 1¥ yaun is just #50 not even up to that check ->>https://www.google.com/m?q=1yaun+to+naira and make huge profit.

For those who are interested and ready follow this link->> https://www.nairaland.com/3277081/looking-partner-interesed-starting-importation so we can partner together and build a team.

Thanks.

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by ejire042(m): 1:52am On Aug 09, 2016
Nice post boss and we really appreciate your efforts.
Please will I pay for goods that arrive at Nipost before pick up?
Is there a limit to the goods I can tag as 'gift' so as to avoid customs duty
Does female dress attract huge duties too

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Dgrea8t(m): 7:29am On Aug 09, 2016
Oga thank you o. Please, can I use ZenithCard? i heard it's similar to that of UBA's.

Also, should I use the nipost closest to me as shipping address? Do you know how much they charge?

How can I contact you, please?

Kindly respond.

Thanks.

Dgrea8t.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 8:10am On Aug 09, 2016
iffydave:

Boss,

What if I want to buy more than one item from different sellers?
Of course you can buy more than one item from different sellers, but items will be processed and shipped differently.

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2016
ejire042:
Nice post boss and we really appreciate your efforts.
Please will I pay for goods that arrive at Nipost before pick up?
Is there a limit to the goods I can tag as 'gift' so as to avoid customs duty
Does female dress attract huge duties too
Light weight packages do not attract any fee from NIPOST; maximum of Five Hundred Naira (N500) is paid for bulky items.

Yes, there is a limit to the number of items you can tag as gift, depending on the bulkiness of your goods. (i.e 100 pcs of memory cards can be tagged as gift and might not attract customs duty, but 3 pcs or more of smart phones might attract customs duty even after sending as gift).

One or two dresses do not attract customs duty except you're ordering for large quantity and you might have to pay for shipping as seller is not likely to ship large quantity of bulky items for free.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2016
Dgrea8t:
Oga thank you o. Please, can I use ZenithCard? i heard it's similar to that of UBA's.

Also, should I use the nipost closest to me as shipping address? Do you know how much they charge?

How can I contact you, please?

Kindly respond.

Thanks.

Dgrea8t.
Yes, you can use Zenith Master Card. I use Zenith, Access and First Bank Master Card for payment.

You don't need to choose a NIPOST branch, just use your address, and your item will be sent to your NIPOST branch.

Concerning NIPOST charges, see the above reply.

2 Likes

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by infoblaster: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
@Kizyte, i ordered for an item on aliexpress and received a mail that it was shipped on 15th july, 2016 through China post. uptill now, no information or update is available as regards the shipment.

The most annoying aspect is that China post website is not user friendly at all, i tried tracking on an alternative website provided by the seller it keeps on coming back with no information available for that order.

Please what do you advise i do? This is my first time of using aliexpress cos i shop mostly on gearbest and knows how it works.

Thanks
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 8:47am On Aug 10, 2016
infoblaster:
@Kizyte, i ordered for an item on aliexpress and received a mail that it was shipped on 15th july, 2016 through China post. uptill now, no information or update is available as regards the shipment.

The most annoying aspect is that China post website is not user friendly at all, i tried tracking on an alternative website provided by the seller it keeps on coming back with no information available for that order.

Please what do you advise i do? This is my first time of using aliexpress cos i shop mostly on gearbest and knows how it works.

Thanks
Don't panic bro, you'll receive your item soon. Copy the right tracking I.D and track here: www.trackitonline.ru
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by eddyline(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kizyte, pls how does one knows when his goods have arrived or do you have to check the post office from time to time? remain blessed
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Pidggin(f): 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kizyte:
Don't panic bro, you'll receive your item soon. Copy the right tracking I.D and track here: www.trackitonline.ru

Why are they always closing my orders? sad

Is there any other reliable alternative to aliexpress?
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
Pidggin:

Why are they always closing my orders? sad

Is there any other reliable alternative to aliexpress?
Aliexpress is very reliable. You're in a better position to know why they close your orders.

Maybe you made an unsuccessful payment; check your card.

I need to find out what message you got in order to help solve the problem.

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Pidggin(f): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kizyte:
Aliexpress is very reliable. You're in a better position to know why they close your orders.

Maybe you made an unsuccessful payment; check your card.

I need to find out what message you got in order to help solve the problem.

Thanks bros, they said I should verify the card but I ordered 2 items successfully. I will send the msg soon
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by rainmaker12(m): 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
eddyline:
Kizyte, pls how does one knows when his goods have arrived or do you have to check the post office from time to time? remain blessed
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=rainmaker12 post=48430854][/quote]Find attached tracking ID from product and track on www.trackitonline.ru

You can also check NIPOST office, but it will be stressful going to the NIPOST office all the time. The best way to find out whether your item has arrived remain tracking item online.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Taeewo(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2016
Did someone still need TOKEN to pay on Aliexpress or just ATM activated for online transaction?
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
Taeewo:
Did someone still need TOKEN to pay on Aliexpress or just ATM activated for online transaction?
You don't need a hardware token but you might be required to supply a token sent to you via SMS if you're using your card for the first time on the platform.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by michaelok(m): 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=hajlat post=48000763][/quote] Boss pls attend to this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kinnevik’s Investment In Konga Further Deteriorated In Nine Months / Step By Step Guide To Start Information Selling Business In Nigeria / COVID-19: Wike Reopens Markets In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.