Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,940 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead (45958 Views)

Nigerian Military Doing A Good Job With Operation Awatse / BREAKING NEWS: Military Bombs Arepo To Dislodge Militants [PHOTOS] / Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by antispexish(m): 1:53am On Jul 29, 2016
There was pandemonium on Thursday in the Arepo area of Ogun State and some part of Lagos State after the military bombarded the base of suspected militants in the states.

The PUNCH learnt that scores of militants were reportedly killed in the joint military operation which lasted for more than one hour.

A source said the military attacked Fatola, the base of the militants, adding that houses around the area were shaken by the impact of bomb explosions on the Ijaw militants.

He said, “There has been a lot of commotion. The Nigerian Air Force bombarded Fatola, in Arepo, which is the base of the militants. They are shelling the place with fighter jets. Some soldiers also surrounded the area to make sure that if any of the militants should run out, they would be gunned down.”

A resident said people in the area had started fleeing their homes due to the bombardment.

Another resident in the Imushin area of Ogun State told our correspondent that two aircrafts were involved in the operation, adding that only one base of the militants was attacked.

He said, “An aircraft had actually been surveying the creek for the past three days. But a second one joined this evening around 6pm. All we heard was a sudden bomb blast released from the second aircraft. But it appeared that some of the militants had fled into the bush. There are four major bases of the militants in the creek and they are led by two men- OC and Agbala. If the military can get these two people, then they would have succeeded in clipping the wings of the militants.”

A community leader, who claimed to have spoken with one of the officers, said, “The military officer said residents should not panic because it was a military exercise. I also gathered that the casualty figure was high and that a lot of the militants had been killed.”

The Director, Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, confirmed the operation, saying it involved the army and the navy.

He said, “The military only conducts its routine operation for the purpose of denying the vandals and other criminal elements from causing terror in the area. The operation, codenamed, Operation Awatse, was initiated by the defence headquarters to dominate the area with a view to flushing out all manners of criminals including militants and saboteurs. The operation involved the joint forces of the navy and army and it has been successful.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State, SP Dolapo Badmos, said the police were part of the operation.

She said, “The Nigerian military and policemen from the Lagos and Ogun commands are part of the operation. We are sweeping through the waterways where we share boundaries to end the activities of the militants. It is a continuous exercise and we cannot tell the number of casualties.”

The acting Police spokesperson, ASP Abimbola Oyeyemi, promised to call back our correspondent, but he had yet to do so as of press time.

http://punchng.com/military-bombards-lagos-ogun-creeks-scores-feared-killed/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by katchycouture(f): 1:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Oh good JESUS!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by rhymaster: 1:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Every militant that is holding Nigeria back must be given a taste of their own medicine. Flush them out!

179 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by EMMYLBANKS(m): 2:01am On Jul 29, 2016
reporting from abu dhabi (NANC)i thought the yellowbars said no crime in their state

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by olaolaking: 2:04am On Jul 29, 2016
The story mentions only Ogun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 29, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
reporting from abu dhabi (NANC)i taught the yellowbars said no crime in their state

Chitgbo tout can't even spell "thought", he's looking for something to console himself with cheesy.

The fact still remains that the SW is the most peaceful region in Nigeria.

I know this is sad news for you as a chitgbo but I'd recommend cyanide. You never tchee anytchin

By the way, I heard they are planning to attack festac.If you like go allow them chill for your apa house in the name of SS-SE alliance cheesy

The military will delete you and your ijaw brothers from the planet grin

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Lanretoye(m): 2:45am On Jul 29, 2016
dear army,pls go and do the same in the niger delta...welldone anyway.
some ppl be bashing me for my comment,as far as i knw that i am not tribalistic in my comment.
may God continue to aid the army as they bombard any group that threatens the peace and security of lagos and its environs.
boko haram be killing their causing their evil in the north so let the nda keep their operations in the niger delta.
those of you that deliberately turn to refugees in lagos and the south west generally,continue to watch ur brothers destroy ur facilities in the name of militancy.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by bamirotola: 3:38am On Jul 29, 2016
Go Army Go!! Any picturev

7 Likes

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by bamirotola: 3:39am On Jul 29, 2016
Go Army Go!! Any picture?

2 Likes

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Businessideas: 3:47am On Jul 29, 2016
I thought the Ijaw Youth Council said these guys are not Ijaws. How on earth they think can go in a strange land and get away with acts of terrorism against the indigenous people still amazed me. The Yoruba knew it would come to this but used the press to warn them enough. These are criminal elements destroying the image of the Ijaws and some people don't just get it

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Fleshly: 3:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Fake news from Afonjas newspaper.

There was no military invasion.

Nigeria Army always looking for cheap publicity. Tufiakwa, Afonjas disease!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by ImpersonatorSS: 3:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Nice one o!
Let the military should flush out those Ijaw basssstards mercilessly!!
What effrontery!!!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by pythonkid(m): 4:03am On Jul 29, 2016
this country is turning to something else , all this bokoharams , militants are just agents of end time because i dont see what they will benefit from all this .. they're just making things worse ... God help us , God help buhari ... GEJ is a Dog and a brilliant thief ...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by tdayof(m): 4:15am On Jul 29, 2016
Fleshly:

Haha someone looks so pained.. The Nigerian military will delete your damn militants .

Op I have helped you with sources for these militants sympathizers.
http://punchng.com/military-bombards-lagos-ogun-creeks-scores-feared-killed/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/military-descends-arepo-vandals-hideout-operation-awathe/

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Realdeals(m): 4:19am On Jul 29, 2016
I still wonder how some of these militants think. How can you just be armed with AK 47 guns & maybe RPG then think you confront a FG that has everything and win. It is so senseless

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by alade112(m): 5:04am On Jul 29, 2016
The PUNCH learnt that scores of militants were reportedly killed in the joint military operation which lasted for more than one hour.
A source said the military attacked Fatola, the base of the militants, adding that houses around the area were shaken by the impact of bomb explosions on the Ijaw militants.

I know some people from the other side won't be happy reading this News.. From afar I can see Pains and tears in their eyes

We told you we always solve issue Diplomatically You called us cowards We told you we always imply tactful in what ever we are doing You still called Us cowards.. the chickens have been roasted " You can continue with your cowards chorus..

Even the Government knows that if there's no Peace in SW then there is no peace In Nigeria

I'm expecting some people to Shout Genocide and UN. as usual

To the millitants It is not easy to win an away match You can do whatever you like in your ND

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Firefire(m): 5:14am On Jul 29, 2016
Very Good.

Fire-for-Fire, enough is enough.

I stand with the military.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by IamPatriotic(m): 5:25am On Jul 29, 2016
The Nigerian Army are doing well but they're still not doing enough, if they had done what's required to get the militants decimated in the creeks had be done in time, though it would incurred genocidal accusations, but we won't have been in this quagmire.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by cktheluckyman: 5:28am On Jul 29, 2016
How are we even sure this arepo militants are even from the ND? Well wherever they are from.There are criminals and should be decimated
Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by shukuokukobambi: 5:43am On Jul 29, 2016
Many people were feared dead, yesterday, as the Military commenced bombardment of Iroko creeks in Arepo area of Ogun State, suspected to be inhabited by militants. This is just as gunmen, suspected to be militants, stormed Isawo area of Ikorodu, Lagos, and abducted a man identified simply as Hyginius.

A resident, Nmadu Chionye, said: “We heard the gunshots and took cover. But when we contacted the security men, they told us they were in charge.

the bold, for yoloba land....isorait

[img]http://1.bp..com/-QIx8PfYg6_U/VfAZjP1x8nI/AAAAAAAATyQ/LLQWBVjCAWc/s1600/drinking-vodka.gif[/img]

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by yang(m): 5:44am On Jul 29, 2016
The zoo Airforce shelling Arepo

What kind of a stupid country is this

How can a millitary arrive community in fighter jets and start shelling it

This dullard buhari loves genocide

And npbody is talking

Today its arepo, tommorow it might be your community

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Tenkobos(m): 5:45am On Jul 29, 2016
The military actually gave then 3 days to move out before destroying their base.

6 Likes

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by StOla: 5:49am On Jul 29, 2016
yang:

And npbody is talking

Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

Better the military shelling the place and committing genocide against terrorists, than terrorists committing crimes against the state and law abiding citizens.

Today it is Arepo, tomorrow it must be the origins of the terrorists in the NigerDelta creeks.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by shukuokukobambi: 5:51am On Jul 29, 2016
yang:

And npbody is talking

Did you see that your heroes abducted your brother?

This is just as gunmen, suspected to be militants, stormed Isawo area of Ikorodu, Lagos, and abducted a man identified simply as Hyginius.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 29, 2016
Boko haram members live among residents in most northern states and have the military dropped bombs in those residential area? Everyone knows the answer.

Anyway, why am I even defending slaves who don't see anything wrong in their masters.undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by dreamwords: 5:56am On Jul 29, 2016
shocked
DSS Propaganda

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by medpren: 6:03am On Jul 29, 2016
There is no way this can happen without impacting heavy casualty on the innocent residents.
The nigerian army will tell you that old women and children who were gunned down trying to run away to safety were also militants. Don't be surprised that 95% of the casualty are women and children. Sunni army loves blood of the innocent so much.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 29, 2016
I can imagine this in an action film.

Anyways, bomb the Ijaw militants and kill them all, let those who escape go back to Bayelsa or Delta.

Lagos hasn't started exploration of oil officially, they've started militancy, Yorubas don't condone laziness, at least, we aren't Bayelsans whose governor confirmed their laziness to the whole world.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 29, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
reporting from abu dhabi (NANC)i taught the yellowbars said no crime in their state
Abu Dhabi? You that's preparing busy cleaning your Fanyogo bicycle and gala carton in Lagos grin grin grin. Even if you're there, I'm sure it's drugs you're pushing there.
Fleshly:
yang:
And npbody is talking
SirJeffry:
Boko haram members live among residents in most northern states and have the military dropped bombs in those residential area? Everyone knows the answer.
Anyway, why am I even defending slaves who don't see anything wrong in their masters.undecided
dreamwords:
shocked
DSS Propaganda
Children of hate everywhere. They hate good news.

You guyz should know by now that we're Yorubas, we don't support illegality. We don't support DRUG PUSHERS and MILITANTS, we're even aware that our castaways like Fayose, Bode George, Obanikoro are your gods coz we know you love corruption.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by medpren: 6:08am On Jul 29, 2016
Shewunoshewa:
Nice one o!
Let the military should flush out those Ijaw basssstards mercilessly!!
What effrontery!!!

You really think there were no casualty of yoruba women and children? Lol! These moronic zombies are funny lots.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead by tayebest(m): 6:11am On Jul 29, 2016
Only the IPOB yoot call this propaganda... lol grin grin grin

In other news,
The mod wey ban me go tell me if "stoopid" has just been added to oxford dictionary! undecided undecided undecided

25 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Friends Mourn Ken Atsuwete Who Was Assassinated In Rivers State / Heavy Shooting Going On In Front Of Ekiti Government House - Fayose / INEC Voters Completed Registration Update (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.