Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,551 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) (72408 Views)

Photos Of Osmane, Ejike And Titus-igweh Before They Were Executed In Indonesia / Osmane, Ejike And Titus-Igweh Before They Were Executed In Indonesia (Photo) / PHOTOS: Michael Titus Igweh, 2 Other Nigerians Executed By Firing Squad In Indon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
NDLEA should start a media campaign to warn prospective drug couriers about the risks involved, especially if they are caught in certain Asian countries.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Xtanixlax(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
kestolove95:
and sum people ar still goin to same country wit drugs...9ja eastern peopl knw go Eva hear word
UR FADA!!!
wat did i say?
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Chinom(m): 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
tobimillar:
Indeed yoruba's are cowards. They love to party. They love to 'chop' life. They are not daring and they are lazy.. and that's why a yoruba man will not carry drugs when he knows the consequence. Yoruba man doesn't want to die, he'd rather be called a coward.
How can a man willingly want to die just because of money? He wasn't killed, he committed suicide

Do I feel sad? Yes. do I pity his family? Yes? Do I pity him? NO .

That Titus Igwe was wrongly killed in Indonesia does not give you the right to GLOAT. You're probably getting an e.rection from all the likes from your fellow tribal bigots. The only stupid thing Mr. Igwe did was that he chose to go to a totally wrong country. Why would someone take drugs to all these useless countries like Indonesia, Saudi Arabia etc. Places where you would make less money for your trade and WOULD be killed if caught. For the same quantity he was killed for in Indonesia, he would not spend more than 15 months in a jail in Western Europe.
So, why go to those useless countries.
As for your post, Yorubas are truly cowards. It's only a coward that would rip off a child's chest for the same purpose of trying to make money. Trying to achieve the same purpose in a dastardly, cowardly, inhuman and mostly wicked manner. Mr. Igwe is 100% responsible for his actions. He and Igbos DO NOT need your sympathy. Go pity yourself. Your post is phony and nauseating to me. You were just gloating. Fvck off.
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by abbas2(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
What gets me confused is that the visa grants from all these Asiatic countries carry a bold warning that drug trafficking offences carry death penalty. Boldly written on the visa page.
How then will someone sees this and still go ahead to carry drugs ?
I am confused the more!
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by abbas2(m): 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Carrottop:
bro shut the f*#k up tribalism won't help
Sounds bitter ! There's no tribalism in that.
Ask yourself,why is it that in most cases ibos are culpable in this crime?
Something must be peculiar to the tribe!
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by GOFRONT(m): 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
The warnin is Boldly written there, in d Visa page, in d iyaport....but d Nigga Snub it even wen he knew it can terminate his life untimely......Even som folks on Nairaland do support Corrupt politicians Even wen they can see clearly dat he has pieces of our yams stain on his Teeth,Even wen d Negative effect of d yam he has eaten is affectin their well-being, they stil Go ahead to shout witch hunt. Then Alas they wil say "Everybody is entitle to his oPinion".....Well maybe Mr Titus is Entitled to his death opinion. Rip
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by chidicute(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
kestolove95:
and sum people ar still goin to same country wit drugs...9ja eastern peopl knw go Eva hear word

switty,I hardly quote or reply in nairaland, this jus got me thinking, what if he never did that which he was accused of? Dont write out that possibility... then smartly ask yourself this question...Y DID THEY SUBJECT HIS GENITALS TO TORTURE... IT ONLY SIGNIFIES ONE THING... MAYBE THEY NEVER CAUGHT HIM RED HANDED WITH THE DRUGS... DONT GENERALIZE, IM IGBO& I REP MA TRIBE

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by macotrading72(m): 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Kokoboss:
you dey Sabi this their funny language at all?
why not I don dey here almost ten freaking years lol
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by firfinch101(m): 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
tobimillar:
Indeed yoruba's are cowards. They love to party. They love to 'chop' life. They are not daring and they are lazy.. and that's why a yoruba man will not carry drugs when he knows the consequence. Yoruba man doesn't want to die, he'd rather be called a coward.
How can a man willingly want to die just because of money? He wasn't killed, he committed suicide

Do I feel sad? Yes. do I pity his family? Yes? Do I pity him? NO .
I beg to disagree. Point of correction, Yorubas are neither lazy nor cowards, dignity and integrity is worth more than anything else.
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by macotrading72(m): 10:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
GOFRONT:
The warnin is Boldly written there, in d Visa page, in d iyaport....but d Nigga Snub it even wen he knew it can terminate his life untimely......Even som folks on Nairaland do support Corrupt politicians Even wen they can see clearly dat he has pieces of our yams stain on his Teeth,Even wen d Negative effect of d yam he has eaten is affectin their well-being, they stil Go ahead to shout witch hunt. Then Alas they wil say "Everybody is entitle to his oPinion".....Well maybe Mr Titus is Entitled to his death opinion. Rip
I don dey wait make somebody hit the point but no, these guys saw the warning signs on arrival at the airport, it's there clearly stated inside their passport but the juju way dey their body give them some kind confident say Indonesia officials will go blind as soon as he reach the airport, if not how many open his korokoro eye carry his two legs into lions den?
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Decryptor(m): 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
When another of their aircraft will crash now, they will begin to complain.
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by mindtricks: 12:07am On Jul 30, 2016
NameChecker:
Get Rich Or Die Trying

Hmm! Such a philosophy, like these Nigerians who just died presumably trying the wrong way cos they must get rich?
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Dexema(m): 12:18am On Jul 30, 2016
tropaz:
[/b]

The sister-in-law of Michael Titus Igweh,(pictured in veil holding up a family statement condemning the execution) who alleged police had applied electricity to his genitals to force him to confess to heroin possession, said his final request had been to see his wife and family for the last time.

[b] “Yesterday I met Titus and he was angry and upset,” Nila said. “He said: ‘What kind of justice is this? What kind of country is Indonesia?”

“At this time I believe there are two things that can help Titus, one is God and one is the media. If that was the last time to see Titus, than so be it.”[b][/b]

What if he didn't actually do it What if the government that should have stood for him did not even know he exist?? What if he was wrongfully convicted because the government of Indonesia knows that Nigeria will do nothing?
Every time I see the Nigerian nationality on my passport, I feel bad..neither PDP nor APC can be trusted, Buhari and Fayose are scam lords...people die everyday, but only a few is broadcasted....
RIP to another bread winner.

that picture you shared is just wierd and disturbing. jeeez.
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by mindtricks: 12:19am On Jul 30, 2016
Oche211:
Don't do/push drugs. Hustle nd pray.
However, if there is a miscarriage of justice here, then the indonesian govt f*cked up oo.
Still, my message is clear, Don't do/push drugs.

Nigerians as usual are quick to gloss over the points being raised.

Can't vouch for the system over there. Unfortunate that Nigeria seem to have such a bad reputation that foreigners don't waste time to "find" us guilty.

Wondering if it was also in their constitution and standard practice to torture suspects using electric to get them to "confess" rather get water tight evidence if any.
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Dexema(m): 12:26am On Jul 30, 2016
Chinom:

That Titus Igwe was wrongly killed in Indonesia does not give you the right to GLOAT. You're probably getting an e.rection from all the likes from your fellow tribal bigots. The only stupid thing Mr. Igwe did was that he chose to go to a totally wrong country. Why would someone take drugs to all these useless countries like Indonesia, Saudi Arabia etc. Places where you would make less money for your trade and WOULD be killed if caught. For the same quantity he was killed for in Indonesia, he would not spend more than 15 months in a jail in Western Europe.
As for your post, Yorubas are truly cowards. It's only a coward that would rip off a child's chest for the same purpose of trying to make money. Trying to achieve the same purpose in a dastardly, cowardly, inhuman and mostly wicked manner. Mr. Igwe is 100% responsible for his actions. He and Igbos DO NOT need your sympathy. Go pity yourself. Your post is phony and nauseating to me. You were just gloating. Fvck off.
the truth is a freaking bitter pill, f*cking swallow or sh*t the he*l up, are there no other people of eastern extraction who live and work in Indonesia and are law abiding?
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2016
chidicute:

switty,I hardly quote or reply in nairaland, this jus got me thinking, what if he never did that which he was accused of? Dont write out that possibility... then smartly ask yourself this question...Y DID THEY SUBJECT HIS GENITALS TO TORTURE... IT ONLY SIGNIFIES ONE THING... MAYBE THEY NEVER CAUGHT HIM RED HANDED WITH THE DRUGS... DONT GENERALIZE, IM IGBO& I REP MA TRIBE

It is heart breaking but it seems the Indonesian government murdered an innocent man. From the look of it, he was not gotten red handed and from the Lawyers Statement, Titus Igweh's case had merit.

[b]"It is very dangerous to carry out executions when the legal system is fragile and riddled with corruption, error, manipulation and collusion," Imparsial executive director Al Araf said.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court last week rejected an application for a case review into the case of Mr Igweh. His lawyer, Sitor Situmorang, told Fairfax Media that Supreme Court judges should try cases based on the law and not to achieve popularity or appear tough.

"We accepted Michael's case because we saw it had merit. Out of the many requests from prisoners on Nusakambangan, we only took this," Mr Sitor said.

He said Mr Igweh's conviction was based on the testimony of two alleged accomplices, Marlena and Izuchukwu Okoloaja, who died in police custody and could therefore not testify in court.

"We believe Marlena and Okoloaja gave Michael's name just so the police would stop torturing them," he said. "They were healthy when they were arrested, they had no history of illness, they all just suddenly died while in police custody. We all know what that means."[/b]
http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/07/they-electrocuted-my-genitals-says.html?m=1
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:06am On Jul 30, 2016
Chinom:

What exactly is your point here? Are you condemning the act of drug trafficking or you are encouraging it? Cause your reactions up there aren't clear.

@ the second bolded words, all tribes are notorious for that. Once you're greedy and desperate you will get yourself involved in shady deals. The first poster was wrong to have tribalised the issue because there was sarcasm in that post. But lemme ask you would you have condemned it if the case was the other way round and the guy who made it a tribal issue was Igbo? No! you would have supported and call the Yoruba people all sorts of names that you have preserved for them, now you are being treated with your own drugs but your body is reacting harshly to it, my heart bleeds when I see what nairaland has become all in the name of tribalism. Let's tolerate each other, Tolerance is the word. We shouldn't see the case as the case of an igbo man but the case of a fellow Nigerian who is probably about to be murdered unjustly( because we don't know the truth, only God and Michael himself knows the gospel truth).

@Topic, I feel pity for the man because who knows for all its worth he might be innocent or probably he innocently took a package that he didn't bother to check before delivering it but I just pray he finds mercy and succour. A Nigerian like us is about losing her husband and his/her father and you lots are here brewing a tribal war, exchanging words like kids. If we are doing this to ourselves then who are we to call other countries "RACIST" ?
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by raimuasu(m): 4:19am On Jul 30, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]the Indonesian president is a coward, may God punish him.
Y'all will bet, they will arrest that bastard wen he goes out from office...just arrest him and don't take his life
[/size]
Ignoring International pressure and keep uphold our law is not coward, your fellow who carry drugs here and help for mercy after caught and santenced to death is cowards, they never think before act and keep doing stupid things
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Izuchukwu70: 4:53am On Jul 30, 2016
shortgun:
all the people saying trash on this thread didn't follow this guy's story
This man was accused by people who are dead.
Nobody to testify against him in court, no evidence of his involvement with drug trafficking
yet the court sentenced him to death.

His lawyers appealed the judgement but the case was thrown out.
his lawyer spoke the other day, he said his country was about to kill an innocent man.

May never see evil.

Hmmmm. Do u know the truth? People talk based on what they read not what they know. That's not even the real name of that man.
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 30, 2016
catlova2:
Hehehe. Did the bible teach him to carry/push drugs?

I dont blame the man. I blame his church, pastor and christianity
I wish Nairaland cn run sanity test on some fellows..............wetin concern church/religion wit what we re sayin here
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18am On Jul 30, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

@Topic, I feel pity for the man because who knows for all its worth he might be innocent or probably he innocently took a package that he didn't bother to check before delivering it but I just pray he finds mercy and succour. A Nigerian like us is about losing her husband and his/her father and you lots are here brewing a tribal war, exchanging words like kids. If we are doing this to ourselves then who are we to call other countries "RACIST" ?

Please, Titus Igweh was not caught with drugs. There was no physical evidence linking him to drug dealing.
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by win3k: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Please, Titus Igweh was not caught with drugs. There was no physical evidence linking him to drug dealing.

nonsense, 99% of ibo people living in Indonesia are either drug barons, couriers or street dealers. When you ask all of them I spoke with they tell you nothing to do here but "carry or sell market".

99% of them are not hausa, yoruba, middle belt...all ibos and the local people and police know EXACTLY what they are doing there.

as criminally smart as ibos are someone gave him a packet to deliver in a place where all his other tribesmen are dealing drugs

you may be an i.diot but the rest of us are not!
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
win3k:

nonsense, 99% of ibo people living in Indonesia are either drug barons, couriers or street dealers. When you ask all of them I spoke with they tell you nothing to do here but "carry or sell market".

99% of them are not hausa, yoruba, middle belt...all ibos and the local people and police know EXACTLY what they are doing there.

as criminally smart as ibos are someone gave him a packet to deliver in a place where all his other tribesmen are dealing drugs

you may be an i.diot but the rest of us are not!

Here is someone throwing unverified statistics and unproven facts. Then calling someone an idiot.
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Exactly my point there, we aren't bothered as Nigerians to find out whether an innocent man is about to be murdered unjustly and probably start something like an e-protest that could be heard and make him get a fair hearing, some of us are here jubilating that a fellow Nigerian is about to killed all because he is from the south east. What a shame! I weep for this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by win3k: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Exactly my point there, we aren't bothered as Nigerians to find out whether an innocent man is about to be murdered unjustly and probably start something like an e-protest that could be heard and make him get a fair hearing, some of us are here jubilating that a fellow Nigerian is about to killed all because he is from the south east. What a shame! I weep for this country.

Because Nigerians are fed up with ibo drug dealing destroying Nigeria's name, thats why!
Go and preach in ibo land and stop making this a National issue, it is NOT!
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
win3k:

Because Nigerians are fed up with ibo drug dealing destroying Nigeria's name, thats why!
Go and preach in ibo land and stop making this a National issue, it is NOT!
Hey take it easy! I wasn't directing my comments to you personally, I directed it to all Nigerians and if you aren't comfortable with it, you can ignore it. Don't start a tribal war with me, I am not into it, trust me. And lest I forget I am not Igbo, I only felt pity for a fellow Nigerian like me, like you who was murdered.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by kestolove95(m): 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
Xtanixlax:
UR FADA!!! wat did i say?
u ar singin pyno Nd olamide
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Xtanixlax(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
kestolove95:
u ar singin pyno Nd olamide
yea, wit ya father
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by win3k: 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Hey take it easy! I wasn't directing my comments to you personally, I directed it to all Nigerians and if you aren't comfortable with it, you can ignore it. Don't start a tribal war with me, I am not into it, trust me. And lest I forget I am not Igbo, I only felt pity for a fellow Nigerian like me, like you who was murdered.

These drug dealers may be fellow Nigerian like you But not me, never in your life compare me with greedy ibo drug dealers.
If you associate your existence with criminals good for you, tufia!
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
win3k:

These drug dealers may be fellow Nigerian like you But not me, never in your life compare me with greedy ibo drug dealers.
Never in your life should you ever use the statement "never in your life" for me again. So all igbos are criminals because of some of them who decided to venture in crime? I repeat never in your life should you repeat that statement with me again.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
win3k:

You lack sense. Do u knw y dis news is touching to nigeria?
Its because they are Nigerians.
Wen an Igbo man do sumtin bad in world wide, he s knw as an Igbo man, but wen he dos sumtin gud he s know as a Nigerian. Nowonda the Igbos want to dont longer want to belong to d country know as Nigeria.
THIS COUNTRY IS NOT ONE. NIGERIA SHOULD STOP HIDING UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF ONE NIGERIA.sad:|:|
Re: Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) by win3k: 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Manueleee:

You lack sense. Do u knw y dis news is touching to nigeria?
Its because they are Nigerians.
Wen an Igbo man do sumtin bad in world wide, he s knw as an Igbo man, but wen he dos sumtin gud he s know as a Nigerian. Nowonda the Igbos want to dont longer want to belong to d country know as Nigeria.
THIS COUNTRY IS NOT ONE. NIGERIA SHOULD STOP HIDING UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF ONE NIGERIA.sad:|:|

Well it's not easy dealing with illiterate mon.k.eys like you.

what has "HIDING UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF ONE NIGERIA" got to do with ibo people doing drugs globally and destroying the image of Nigeria on earth?

You must have a very low iQ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chukwudidumeme Onwuamadike Evans Names His Victims (Photo) / Hushpuppi: How I Bribed Abba Kyari In $1.1m Deal / Prostitute Stripped Unclad In Onitsha For Stealing From A Customer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.