Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote (30762 Views)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud / Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ironi:

The potential I'm talking about is the oil, stupid.

Keep praying that oil continues to matter.

Minus the oil, you will be eating each other like old and mess up countries in West Africa with your largely useless population.

we had no oil at the time of indepedence when we started sending our soldiers to die in order to bring peace across Africa. Oil was nothing at the time we sent professionals to so many countries in Southern and west Africa to serve as defence chiefs and chiefs of their civil service. Oil did not matter at the time we produced a chinua Achebe. Nollywood did not develop out of oil. Davido, Wizkid, Tu face et al did not ride to prominence on the back of oil, neither did Basket mouth et al. It was when oil prices were down that we commissioned our Abuja-Kaduna rail line a rail line that is better than anything Ghana has to offer.

So remind me what you are saying again...

1 Like

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Ironi: 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
chuxyfranklin:

Hey u this boy with so much hate and inferiority!!!!
what are u doing in our nairaland anyway.?.
whatever happen to Gollyland.

So long as you don't throw stones at our crib we are cool.
When you fire at us we gonna come with guns blazing.

You Nigerians have a very annoying and nasty habit of dissing others and you have been put on notice.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Venzal: 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
Girl360:
The insults are highly uncalled for. Please.
Can't y'all just argue your points out without all the unnecessary bickering?

The thing is between GPRTU and Dangote.
Can't it just remain there?

Why must everthing turn to who is the better one between Ghana and Nigeria?
Lol. You're obviously new around here. This sh#t happens all the time on threads like this...

Byw, I'd met you on a thread like this weeks back...
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by O0XYGEN: 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
All what youve written are trash and false so keep on fooling youself.
Its good to dream big so keep on dreaming.
Besides who doesnt know nigeria is the most useless country on earth?..
craziebone:

best in business and that's why we have the largest economy. Best in literature that's why we were the first to win a nobel prize there and also produced what many people call father of modern african literature in Chinua Achebe. Best in technology and that's why we are the first African and Black car maker in Innoson. First in space tech and that's why we own more than 5 space satellites with the last one built by Nigerians. Better in culture and that's why Nollywood is so huge that it inspired your movie industry. We are so great we are the largest exporter of culture in the whole world only behind the Americans and the Indians. We've got so much hummur and that's why Basketmouth, Okey Bakasey, AY live, Akpororo, I Go Die, I Go Save, Bovi et al are a house hold name in the whole of Africa. We are so great we are reviving our rail sector, a bit late, but is surely overtaking that of the SAns, Morroccans and probably the Ethiopians. We are so great our navy makes its own vessels and don't worry, when the one they are currently making in PH is completed, we will deploy them into your waters and you will never know it is there because you do not have advanced radar system and even if you have it, you still wont be able to see it cause it is stealth. We are so great, 90percent of west Africa's manufacturing is based in Naija!

Let me just stop it here...
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Ironi: 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
craziebone:

we had no oil at the time of indepedence when we started sending our soldiers to die in order to bring peace across Africa. Oil was nothing at the time we sent professionals to so many countries in Southern and west Africa to serve as defence chiefs and chiefs of their civil service. Oil did not matter at the time we produced a chinua Achebe. Nollywood did not develop out of oil. Davido, Wizkid, Tu face et al did not ride to prominence on the back of oil, neither did Basket mouth et al. It was when oil prices were down that we commissioned our Abuja-Kaduna rail line a rail line that is better than anything Ghana has to offer.

So remind me what you are saying again...

When were you born?

Talk about the other training the other.

Ghanaians were training Nigerians long before your little asss was born.

Ghanaians were being sent to train Nigerians after your independence because we had already been there.

Most of your top military guys were all trained in Ghana, do a little research before you sit your little asss behind the computer.

You obviously don't know shiit.

1 Like

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Kgdavid(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
V0lv0:

Why shouldn't they be concerned about their own pockets. A bus driver or the owner of the bus, who earns more? Ghana is not a banana republic where people will fold their hands and cry for change yet do nothing. So its a good thing!

lol yes its a good thing for them the transport union, but how about the 1-3 thousand people who will potentially gain employment from this? instead of so much money going into a few hands, its better to reduce poverty and unemployment by spreading the gains over a larger number.

Also, their petition is undemocratic and against the principles of a free market economy. Should they succeed, it will set a dangerous precedent and frighten other large investors.

Look at the big picture.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
anigbajumo:
[b]

Nairalanders with their Low level of reasoning, Ghanian transporter Association has not done anything bad.most of you just dey mastubate on the thread coz u dnt know the basic concept behind the transportation business. You think Ghana is Nigeria where dangote has monopoly over everything, lol....

For an investor to site an industry in particular area,there must be economical benefit for the masses...

You own a firm nd allowed the transporter to bring in their trucks for transportation purposes,that is good move nd it benefits the masses.Over a decade (10yrs later) u now bring yer trucks in thousands for transportation purposes, what is now the hope of commercial transporter that has been into system over the years??
You own a firm that produces primary needs and u are the one that involves in the transportation processes, tell me the Economic importance of yer firm in that geographical area where there is no chance for commercial trucks.

That is nonsense dangote has been doing in Nigeria, his truck has spoil cost of transportation of commercial trucks in Obajana nd Ibese cement plant.Nigeria is a lawless country u can do anyhow so far u ar rich....

Kudos to Ghanian Transporter....

[/b]

ogbe'ni, i decided to ignore you because you are Nigerian and it is not very good to be opposing eachother especially when we should be coming togther, more so in the public cos i don't believe in washing your dirty linen outside. But since many people are quoting and giving you all the cudos in areas you've not made sense, i have decided to reply you.

First of all, trade unions will be trade unions. They will always come up to protest against anything. So what we are seeing in Ghana is nothing new.

But as for the bringing of trucks to Ghana: there are total, exon mobil, shell, sheveron oil tankers in Nigeria, does anyone bat an eye lid? So why is this strange to you? And no, Dangote has not made the prices of transportation cost in that axis. The point is, majority of trucks that ferry his cement in Nigeria, are not his'. They are those of smaller busnesses. Tell me, who are those who would drive these trucks? Nigerians? Liberians? They are still Ghanaians.
Dangote bringing his own trucks to Ghana is not going to knock out other transporters. What about the smaller cars that will transport those cement from suplier to the final consumer? Will they be knocked out too? Is that what has happened in Nigeria? In places where houses are being built, do you see Dangote's trucks taking cement from a dealer to the building site? What's your point exactly? And who says Dangote is not providing economic benefits for the people around? Do you know he provides his own power and sends the rest to the national grid? Is that not economic benefit to the community around?

1 Like

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by xtivin(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ironi:

Looks like you are a retard.

Why should Ghanaians accept anything which is not in their interest?
it is ur fada dat is a retard..infact receive sense,moreover i dnt blame u its that igbo man dat sold u dat cheap fone there in ghana i blame.fool
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Girl360(f): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
*edited*
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Girl360(f): 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
Venzal:
Lol. You're obviously new around here. This sh#t happens all the time on threads like this...

Byw, I'd met you on a thread like this weeks back...
Uhm no, I'm not new here actually.
I just think they should be tired of it by now

And yeah, I remember you from that Messi thread
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Ironi: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
craziebone:

ogbe'ni, i decided to ignore you because you are Nigerian and it is not very good to be opposing eachother especially when we should be coming togther, more so in the public cos i don't believe in washing your dirty linen outside. But since many people are quoting and giving you all the cudos in areas you've not made sense, i have decided to reply you.

First of all, trade unions will be trade unions. They will always come up to protest against anything. So what we are seeing in Ghana is nothing new.

But as for the bringing of trucks to Ghana: there are total, exon mobil, shell, sheveron oil tankers in Nigeria, does anyone bat an eye lid? So why is this strange to you? And no, Dangote has not made the prices of transportation cost in that axis. The point is, majority of trucks that ferry his cement in Nigeria, are not his'. They are those of smaller busnesses. Tell me, who are those who would drive these trucks? Nigerians? Liberians? They are still Ghanaians.
Dangote bringing his own trucks to Ghana is not going to knock out other transporters. What about the smaller cars that will transport those cement from suplier to the final consumer? Will they be knocked out too? Is that what has happened in Nigeria? In places where houses are being built, do you see Dangote's trucks taking cement from a dealer to the building site? What's your point exactly? And who says Dangote is not providing economic benefits for the people around? Do you know he provides his own power and sends the rest to the national grid? Is that not economic benefit to the community around?

We don't care what Dangote does in Nigeria, you can keep that in Nigeria.

What makes you think what applies in Nigeria should also apply in Ghana, you are funny.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
O0XYGEN:
All what youve written are trash and false so keep on fooling youself.
Its good to dream big so keep on dreaming.
Besides who doesnt know nigeria is the most useless country on earth?..

atleast i know you do not consider them trash because you have a superior point, but because you just don't like it. That you don't like it doesn't mean it is wrong.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ironi:

When were you born?

Talk about the other training the other.

Ghanaians were training Nigerians long before your little asss was born.

Ghanaians were being sent to train Nigerians after your independence because we had already been there.

Most of your top military guys were all trained in Ghana, do a little research before you sit your little asss behind the computer.

You obviously don't know shiit.

in that comment, i said we have professionals that have served in top positions and are still serving in those positions. What exactly is wrong in that post, you just tell me.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by dadaijboy: 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ok
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ironi:

We don't care what Dangote does in Nigeria, you can keep that in Nigeria.

What makes you think what applies in Nigeria should also apply in Ghana, you are funny.

what makes me thing what applies to Nigeria can also apply to Ghana is that what he is doing here is good! Don't you want good things? He delievered relief materials to flood victims in Nigeria. He gives the excess of his power out put to the national grid etc. Don't you want that?

Lastly, it is good to be funny. That's why Basket mouth is a rich man today
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
Fabulosdave01:
Mumu they no get sense. He wants to provide employment.

You think ?
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by musicwriter(m): 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
@aaronson

How billionaire really get rich and wealthy.

Seizes opportunity to exploit the poor, create a monopoly market and constantly looking to buy out their competitors.

That's a perfect definition of neo-capitalist slavery which has long replaced capitalism. And this's why I argue capitalism as socio-economic system ended over 100 years ago. We're back to slavery.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by anigbajumo(m): 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
craziebone:

of all, trade unions will be trade unions. They will always come up to protest against anything. So what we are seeing in Ghana is nothing new.

[b]

I will respond to by one after the other.

"ogbe'ni, i decided to ignore you because you are Nigerian and it is not very good to be opposing eachother especially when we should be coming togther, more so in the public cos i don't believe in washing your dirty linen outside. But since many people are quoting and giving you all the cudos in areas you've not made sense, i have decided to reply you."

The main reason why Nigeria is yet to move forward is painting ourselves whites when it supposed to be black.can u pls tell me the benefit of this thread to Nigerian??But Nigerian here are saying nonsense about Ghanian, does that make any sense to you sentiments apart.which dirty linen are u talking about sir,so I cannot elucidate the fact coz Dangota is Nigerian like me. Pls,when will Nigeria's youth stop this nonsense.....

"of all, trade unions will be trade unions. They will always come up to protest against anything. So what we are seeing in Ghana is nothing new."

This gat me Laugh,can u pls tell me last time Nigeria's union of transporter protest against what dangote has been in Transportation sector?? No they won't,coz they know that Government will not do anything even if they protest till tomorrow.As Nigerian,u already knw what would be the outcome.

"But as for the bringing of trucks to Ghana: there are total, exon mobil, shell, sheveron oil tankers in Nigeria, does anyone bat an eye lid?"

You can't compare oil business to that of cement when it comes to transportation line,no no no.......

"And no, Dangote has not made the prices of transportation cost in that axis. The point is, majority of trucks that ferry his cement in Nigeria, are not his'. They are those of smaller busnesse."

Lol,is better u shut up if u dnt know the fact here.Dangote has thousands of trailers that is working for him,their is competition with commercial trucks that have the same,they can carry (900bags of cement) leaving trucks like (10tryres nd 12tryres that can carry 600bags),he does not ventures into transportation of cement that carry 600bags.commercial trucks with 10-12tyres benefits

Let us view from what is happening in Nigeria right now,Few months ago, dangote ship in thousands of 10tyres nd 12tyres that can also carry 600bags.Now,tell what will happened to commercial trucks with 10 to12tyres that has been transports the same 600bags over the years?

"And who says Dangote is not providing economic benefits for the people around? Do you know he provides his own power and sends the rest to the national grid? Is that not economic benefit to the community around?"

In transportation line, dangote has not been fair most especially his firm.sitting an industry that produces commodity in Larger quantity without the benefits of commercial trucks is absolutely trash.Tell me wat is left to the masses to benefits from u.

Oh!!you tell me he employed driver.Lol,80% of dangote drives are his brother (Hausa).move down to the factory and see commercial trucks that belongs to different tribes.That is the conomic important that benefits the masses.You can compare what dangote's driver will do with his earned money to a commercial trucks of owner in a community.

[/b][

1 Like

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Ironi: 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
craziebone:

what makes me thing what applies to Nigeria can also apply to Ghana is that what he is doing here is good! Don't you want good things? He delievered relief materials to flood victims in Nigeria. He gives the excess of his power out put to the national grid etc. Don't you want that?

Lastly, it is good to be funny. That's why Basket mouth is a rich man today

Why, you think Dangote is making charity in Ghana??
He is making fcking money in Ghana. He would have stayed put in Nigeria if it is about creating jobs.

Now he wants to eat everything by puting the cement truckers out of business.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by CrudeGH: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
MadCow1:
Ghana People and Bad belle for Nigerians sha.. ;ll
bad belle? Which bad belle, mudder fugger? Grow up,huh? Folks like you make me sick!
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by T5OM: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
CrudeGH:
bad belle? Which bad belle, mudder fugger? Grow up,huh? Folks like you make me sick!
You charcoal-faced spittle-gurgling servile Ghanaian! You still owe Nigerians $10 million debt for the natural gas we supply to you ingrates. How dare you question the decision of your benefactors?! What's wrong with you slaves?

3 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by TheInkredible: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
JiggamanGh:

We won't allow him to monopolize our country like he has done to yours. He practically owned you all

What can Ghana do to stop him? A country of 25 million wretched people with a laughing 50 billion dollar economy.

Of course you lazy , unmotivated Ghanaians will complain because he's a Nigerian, just like you complained when Nigerian traders took over Ghana central market and dominated your import and export industry.

Relaxt lad, we are taking over Ghana. Welcome to the hegemony!

2 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by CrudeGH: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
Crap! What do you know about free market economy?

You nigerians are damn hypocrites! Your country has arbitrary imposed sweeping ban on imports of several items from Ecowas countries yet you want west african countries to open their borders to goods from your country, huh? Is that your idea of a free market economy?

I don't give a fvck about nigerian businesses in Ghana. If I had my way, no nigerian will trade in Ghana! Call it whatever you like. Ghana has at least 5 cement manufacturing companies, some have been producing for more than 50 years and producing enough to meet national demand. So, dangote is not filling any existing shortfall. Also, by law, bagged cement are not to be imported into Ghana, which is exactly what dangote is doing.

Knowing you nigerians, will you have allowed a Ghanaian company to import bagged cement into your country?

Kgdavid:

lol yes its a good thing for them the transport union, but how about the 1-3 thousand people who will potentially gain employment from this? instead of so much money going into a few hands, its better to reduce poverty and unemployment by spreading the gains over a larger number.

Also, their petition is undemocratic and against the principles of a free market economy. Should they succeed, it will set a dangerous precedent and frighten other large investors.

Look at the big picture.

1 Like

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by T5OM: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ironi:

Why, you think Dangote is making charity in Ghana??
He is making fcking money in Ghana. He would have stayed put in Nigeria if it is about creating jobs.

Now he wants to eat everything by puting the cement truckers out of business.

He's a capitalist, dimwit - he's in business for profit. Were you expecting freebies?
t

I even underestimated the Ghanaian gas debt to Nigeria, it is a whooping $93 million! When will you and your favour-seeking comrades-in-debt pay up?

https://yen.com.gh/24311-ghana-pays-10m-103m-debt-owed-n-gas.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4494106241

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
musicwriter:

That's a perfect definition of neo-capitalist slavery which has long replaced capitalism. And this's why I argue capitalism as socio-economic system ended over 100 years ago. We're back to slavery.
No sir, We started getting enslaved immediately after WorldWar 2, From the onset of conquest of empires down to World war 1, Capitalism was a normal phenomenon, then some set Jewish banker who intend controlling the world through the bank financed wars between countries and made money off the wars example, battle of the waterloo Napoleon war, World war 1 etc.

But after world war 1 ended, these set of jewish bankers loose grip of world control but was still wealthy, so they devised another means of controlling the world by ruling from behind the scene. Keep in mind, these Jewish bankers even borrows countries government money as a matter of fact they are what we call WORLD BANK today.

So, the new plan was to rule from behind the scene and make governments their puppets, then they started advocating for communism, How?

They sponsored Karl Max education and to teach people on communism and preach communism, then countries like soviet union, Italy and the likes fell for it.

Hitler my Hero disregarded it but if Hitler wasn't anti-semitic, he would have not have been painted evil rather another version of Mahatma Ghandi. So, Hitler disregard communism and instead was committed to his people as a Fascist dictator and Nazi Germany was like Heaven................

This is lot of history am tryna compress to give you timeline of world history but am tired already and I'm sorry I can't continue, I'm hungry and my phone is going dead on me. Just conduct research and continue from where I stopped. Make sure every online article and materials you read are referenced otherwise, you reading a lie.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ironi:

So long as you don't throw stones at our crib we are cool.
When you fire at us we gonna come with guns blazing.

You Nigerians have a very annoying and nasty habit of dissing others and you have been put on notice.

Put on notice by who? Ghanians?
Anyway, I have some very close ghanian friends in Lagos. And it is because of them that I still hold on to this smithereen of hope that there are some sensible Ghanians in this world.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by postmann: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
T5OM:

He's a capitalist, dimwit - he's in business for profit. Where you expecting freebies?

I even underestimated the Ghanaian gas debt to Nigeria, it is a whooping $93 million! When will you and your favour-seeking comrades-in-debt pay up?

https://yen.com.gh/24311-ghana-pays-10m-103m-debt-owed-n-gas.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4494106241

Ah! ah! ah!

This is tsunami assault. You only die but once but this is not the right way to die. You left her with no honors.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Toofan007: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
Shebi na hin cement dem trucks go dey haul? They wouldn't compete with the local trucks\drivers for hauling of other goods just like they here? Na bad belle joor!
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by MadCow1: 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by MadCow1: 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
CrudeGH:

So you are sick right now or what? grin

Charley go and park well.. grin
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by T5OM: 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
chuxyfranklin:

Put on notice by who? Ghanians?
Anyway, I have some very close ghanian friends in Lagos. And it is because of them that I still hold on to this smithereen of hope that there are some sensible Ghanians in this world.

Wizkid who isn't even a legend in Nigeria singlehandedly signed nearly all of Ghana's A-list artistes to Starboy Music International. V.I.P who've been in the business for so long now call our boy "boss". cheesy Ghanaians are inconsequential. Even Liberians don't take them seriously so why should we giants be bothered about those dwarfs?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by CrudeGH: 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
your father, your mama and your entire shitty country is sick! grin grin grin grin hahahaha shitnigeria shocked

[s]
MadCow1:

So you are sick right now or what? grin

Charley go and park well.. grin
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge / BUA's Sugar Plantation: A Reply To Chika Mbonu / Mike Adenuga And Dele Momodu Captured Together In An Adorable Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.