Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 (15994 Views)

Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes / Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month / Fashola, Okowa, Tony Elumelu Commission 115 Megawatts Gas Turbine Delta (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by emmygzy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
Tolexander:
Let me save this for future reference!
They promised 40,000 megawatts in 4 years oooo.
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by emmygzy(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
Bolustic:

Haters can never offer constructive criticisms. It's not in them.

December isn't too far. Wait till then and shout if BRF fails
Nigeria already has an installed capacity of 12,000 megawatts built by Obasanjo and Jonathan. The reason why they are not functioning is gas constraint caused by vandalization of pipeline. APC promised 40,000 megawatts within 4 years. The party is a fraud. Theyve not added a single megawatts. That 6,000 megawatts is already available if avengers stop bombing pipelines so fashola should not claim thatas an achievement if it happens. Let him add 40,000 megawatts to the installed 12,000 megawatts on ground.
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by texazzpete(m): 1:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
drss:
dem don shift dem goal post again sad b4 na 7000mw before d end of 2016. now dem reduce am to 6,000mw (GEJ record).
directionless govt.

LOL. When did GEJ hit even 5000 MW sustainably sef?
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by toojah4u(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
them Don come again... abiala ha ozo
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by galadima77(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
saintkel:
Good news, we need more f dis. Nigerians deserve to smile abit. Just don't get d rationale behind paying for what u never even dreamed of using. Let dia b light, we fit manage d cost

To be honest, it's not another promise we need now! just give us light and keep the promise to yourself...

stop talking and work abeg!!!
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by Earth2Metahuman: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
ivandragon:

China's largest power plant is the Three Gorges dam which generates approx. 22500mw. work started in 1994. it become 'operational' in 03/04. as at 2012, there was still work going on there. so I don't know where you got your 5 years from. do your research on the power plants built between 2010 & 2015 just as you gave me an 'assignment' on China. also, you need to understand the term 'installed' capacity. please, let's not rubbish another person's efforts out of spite. this is the same way that we were told GEJ did nothing about the rail sector, yet today we have regular train services in Lagos, Osun, IB, PH, Abj, KD, Ilorin, Jebba, Kano, Offa.
dude, it didnt take up to 10years and most of it was operational before it was completed.

Even if it took 10years, how come after 16years, pdp could not generate 5000mw when they even met 1000mw? Shouldn't 6years add something tangible to national grid?
6years with biggest income in Nigerian history, we should be boasting of atleast 10k mW by now but you expect me to believe there is one invincible installed capacity somewhere that we dont where and you cannot point out?

Nobody said gej didnt spend on rail sector. Infact, all his campaigns were based on how he revived the rail sector.
So you dont have anypoint untill you tell us where these installed 12000mw installed capacity are.

1 Like

Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by seunfape(m): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
Am here too hear we are ,am tired of we will.
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by joshmaster(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
Elose11:
A promise that will be cancelled on 1st January, 2017. Dey don come again ooh!
southafrica is not up to hundred million in population but they are generating up to 43,000megawatts, Nigeria a country of 170million people is about to generate 6000megawatts chai what a shame, I de carry yansh for our politicians o not leaders becos we don't have one. We are not even sure of it o, na promise
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by ivandragon: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
dude, it didnt take up to 10years and most of it was operational before it was completed.

Even if it took 10years, how come after 16years, pdp could not generate 5000mw when they even met 1000mw? Shouldn't 6years add something tangible to national grid?
6years with biggest income in Nigerian history, we should be boasting of atleast 10k mW by now but you expect me to believe there is one invincible installed capacity somewhere that we dont where and you cannot point out?

Nobody said gej didnt spend on rail sector. Infact, all his campaigns were based on how he revived the rail sector.
So you dont have anypoint untill you tell us where these installed 12000mw installed capacity are.

first of all, go and read up about the Three Gorges dam. you raised an issue you obviously have not done any proper research on. someone on this thread posted a news item where even the APC acknowledged the installed capacity. if you shit the 'blame' to 1999, then, I would agree with you that Obj failed to do anything serious, however, from 2010 onward, work was done. some people claimed 'body language' as part of the reasons why power improved between May - Oct 2015 about power forgetting that a lot of work had been done previously & we were just seeing the results. well, let's wait till December, I hope you won't still blame GEJ or 16 years of PDP for the inability of Buhari to improve power generated to 6000mw. always remember that governance is a continuum, where one government falls short in a laudable venture, its only logical that the new government picks up the slack. again, do your research & you will see where the power plants are located, installed capacity & other relevant details that will guide your judgments in the future.
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by Earth2Metahuman: 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
ivandragon:

first of all, go and read up about the Three Gorges dam. you raised an issue you obviously have not done any proper research on. someone on this thread posted a news item where even the APC acknowledged the installed capacity. if you shit the 'blame' to 1999, then, I would agree with you that Obj failed to do anything serious, however, from 2010 onward, work was done. some people claimed 'body language' as part of the reasons why power improved between May - Oct 2015 about power forgetting that a lot of work had been done previously & we were just seeing the results. well, let's wait till December, I hope you won't still blame GEJ or 16 years of PDP for the inability of Buhari to improve power generated to 6000mw. always remember that governance is a continuum, where one government falls short in a laudable venture, its only logical that the new government picks up the slack. again, do your research & you will see where the power plants are located, installed capacity & other relevant details that will guide your judgments in the future.
you still haven't told us about where this installed capacities are..
At least you confidently listed all the rail line project by gej why not do the same for the 12thousand invcinble capacities and let's put the argument to rest?

And you haven't answrre this, let's assume you are right, china built 22k mW of power within 10years, that means we can achieve at least less down half of that within 6years right?
How come gej couldn't add atleast 3000mw with the biggest income in yhe history of the country? Remember obj left above 2000mw of power and some ongoing power project that jonathan later commisioned.

I already told the person that said osinbajo said there is 12000mw installed capacity to provide proof that he said that but couldnt.
There are a lot of statement credited to these people by media which are not true.. E.g, they said buhari said he will 1$ equivalent to 1naira. Buhari denied ever saying that and no one has been able to bring proof of buhari saying that.
Or fashola saying he will fix nigeria power problem within 6months.
These are the kind of propaganda PDP minions spread.

1 Like

Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by ivandragon: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
you still haven't told us about where this installed capacities are..
At least you confidently listed all the rail line project by gej why not do the same for the 12thousand invcinble capacities and let's put the argument to rest?

And you haven't answrre this, let's assume you are right, china built 22k mW of power within 10years, that means we can achieve at least less down half of that within 6years right?
How come gej couldn't add atleast 3000mw with the biggest income in yhe history of the country? Remember obj left above 2000mw of power and some ongoing power project that jonathan later commisioned.

I already told the person that said osinbajo said there is 12000mw installed capacity to provide proof that he said that but couldnt.
There are a lot of statement credited to these people by media which are not true.. E.g, they said buhari said he will 1$ equivalent to 1naira. Buhari denied ever saying that and no one has been able to bring proof of buhari saying that.
Or fashola saying he will fix nigeria power problem within 6months.
These are the kind of propaganda PDP minions spread.

Lol. well, you obviously have a mindset that sees everything in the colours of APC/PDP. you gave me an 'assignment' on China's power, I gave you an answer, I give you one, you refuse to do anything about it. I guess you never heard of gegeru & omotosho to mention just two. also some pre-exsiting power plants were upgraded but are not running at full capacity because of the gas issue. however, your last comment on 'PDP minions' shows your mindset & excludes trying to reach an understanding with you since you have even chosen not to believe a statement made by the ruling party which is quite common with APC footsoldiers who believe the problems of Nigeria started in 2011 or 1999.

1 Like

Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by Earth2Metahuman: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
ivandragon:

Lol. well, you obviously have a mindset that sees everything in the colours of APC/PDP. you gave me an 'assignment' on China's power, I gave you an answer, I give you one, you refuse to do anything about it. I guess you never heard of gegeru & omotosho to mention just two. also some pre-exsiting power plants were upgraded but are not running at full capacity because of the gas issue. however, your last comment on 'PDP minions' shows your mindset & excludes trying to reach an understanding with you since you have even chosen not to believe a statement made by the ruling party which is quite common with APC footsoldiers who believe the problems of Nigeria started in 2011 or 1999.
lol, accusing me of same thing you are guilty of..
Why not appreciate the government that wants to do something about power that has been neglected for so long without reminding us one invincible 12thousand capacity if you are not seen things from political angle?.

Omotosho and gegeru are the reasons Jonathan left 4500mw to begin with and its not that he built the plant or something..

Anyhow, still waiting for the 12k installed capacity.
The proposed mabilla that supposed to be the biggest plant in the country with 3k capacity that shouldn't take 3years to complete was turned to politics and jnothing tangible done.

1 Like

Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
This people have no intention to stop lying. By December, you will start hearing news of improvement and how power generation have increased. when people with start asking for empirical evidence, the zombies will blame it on some vandals and whatever catches their fancy
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by omolami: 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Another deceit from APC. In 14 months d party gave less than 900 megaharts how will same party deliver6000 mh within just 6 months. Pure propaganda
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by ojadetayo(m): 3:02am On Jul 31, 2016
Were they not the one that said they will give us 40000MW ? I am seriously tired of hearing their voice.
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by darlingtin1985(m): 4:08am On Jul 31, 2016
Rilwayne001:
sad

chai, minister of darkness

Me too, A.P.C(All Promise Cancelled) don come again
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by Ibelove: 6:00am On Jul 31, 2016
December is exactly 4months away.
Re: FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 by tck2000(m): 11:24am On Jul 01, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jibrin Threatens To Expose Reps Members If They Do Not Return Stolen Money / Danbaba Suntai Pilot Not Certified To Fly Aircraft – AIB Report / Governor Oyetola Orders Osun LG Chairmen, Councilors To Vacate Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.