Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng (68975 Views)

Fashola Attributes Power Sector’s Success To Team Work - TODAY.NG / PHOTOS: Amina Mohammed Visits Niger Delta Creeks On New Year Day / Military Kills Five Red Scorpion Members In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by ycat: 4:27am On Jul 31, 2016
We have to until there's credible evidence to suggest otherwise. The villagers aren't stupid, they know who their attackers are. And you guys never refuted the claims by the victims until the police and military got involved. Why then were your people celebrating "ijaws killing Yoruba"? It's either you are lying now or then, both can't be true. Either way, half truth is still a lie.

Btw, check the meaning of 'militant' and correct yourself
Rayhutar:

You people are still claiming that those militant are from ND where the two militant leaders arrested so far in Ogun are Yorubas, you guys should stop living in self denial and takle the menance of area boys and agkporos in your land.
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 31, 2016
MonPro:
I can bet 97% of those killed are innocent women and children but they will suppress the news.
Or shamelessly claim that the women and children sheltered militants.
They shamelessly slaughtered over 300 including women and children. Wont be surprised abt this at all
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 31, 2016
greenpasture:

Why must it be one on one, if an ATR can see a militant at 10,000 feet and then call in an air strike? If my boat radar picks up movement inside an exclusion zone, why must I go one on one if my automatic firing system can address the issue from 10 km away? Wars a no longer fought eye ball to eye ball.

This isn't martial arts. It's an arms length technology driven put down.

and when did Nigeria get such technology
that picture is most likely Kenya
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by femikay149(m): 5:08am On Jul 31, 2016
fr3do:

ewoooh!

nigerian soldiers are clearly coward, and the army does not value the lives of nigerians.
If they do, they would have raided the creek on foot sparing non combatants instead of just bombing the whole place.

You just come online to spil thrash of what you dont know about

The military,navy has blocked their base both on land and water since Thursday. .They have been trapped there since

You people didnt say anything when ijaw millitants were raping killing innocent citizens in these areas..Now you want to make them look like victims. ..Nonsense

Where the army attacked is far from the residential area and its only millitants and bunkerer that stay there ..Anyone hit there is a criminal

6 Likes

Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 31, 2016
timisco1:
I laff, is like u don't know this ijaw militants, d only ones u can kill can Neva exceed 5, i know what am saying, their god of war "egbesu" can only betray them if they contrary to its rules, i hav encountered them ones in d creek in bayelsa state.

if ur brother is an army or better still a navy officer that have encountered these guys in d creek, jus buy him a cool beer, mayb three or four, and ask him of his experience with those guys... Belief me, wen he must have finished tellin u things about them (the ijaws) u go close this thread...

experience is the best teacher, get a taste of them bfor u start making comments...

See beer parlor gist. So egbesu told them to collect money from the previous administration?
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by wadetaw202: 6:03am On Jul 31, 2016
AJINATU:
The South West is not and can never be a safe haven for the Ijaw Militants. The Ijaw Militants can relish in their reign of terror, unabated in the Niger Delta, but not in the South West.

Kudos to the Armed Forces and Local Vigilantes for smoking out these Ijaw Militants that have been terrorising residents in the riverine communities of Lagos and Ogun state. Our Creeks and Waterways in the SouthWest shall be safe again, free from the Ijaw Militants

Why not ask them to provide you with the 114 bodies of killed militants before you start foaming in the mouth?
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by ORIGENAL(m): 6:46am On Jul 31, 2016
AJINATU:
The South West is not and can never be a safe haven for the Ijaw Militants. The Ijaw Militants can relish in their reign of terror, unabated in the Niger Delta, but not in the South West.

Kudos to the Armed Forces and Local Vigilantes for smoking out these Ijaw Militants that have been terrorising residents in the riverine communities of Lagos and Ogun state. Our Creeks and Waterways in the SouthWest shall be safe again, free from the Ijaw Militants
Dem dey kill ur innocent brodas u dey hapi
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by deb(m): 7:04am On Jul 31, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Those were not militants but poor Yoruba familes in Ogun State creeks. If it was true show us. They will not for fear of how the bodies of children and Women will shock the World.

Keep consoling yourself on the death of your enemies that pretend to be your friend but are only fighting for their pockets

1 Like

Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 7:23am On Jul 31, 2016
no pictures, I don't believe it. killing 114 militants and no solder died? they must have killed innocent people living in shanties.
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by jeniver64(f): 7:25am On Jul 31, 2016
wirinet:

It is not that the army are cowards, it is that the army should not have been brought in a purely civilian operation. The army are train to use MAXIMUM force to subdue their enemy. A paramilitary force like Mobile Police or a sort of special forces swat team is what should be used for such civil disturbance if you want to avoid high civilian casualities.
you amaze me with ur mentality, civilians to fight this guys, it clear you dont understand or has never seen what this guys re capable of cos if u do u won't say maximum force is not required, they re more equipped than our joint task force.
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by jeniver64(f): 7:28am On Jul 31, 2016
MonPro:
I can bet 97% of those killed are innocent women and children but they will suppress the news.
no that's where u re wrong I work very close to the main road, and we all saw the army carry dead bodies away, meanwhile a day prior to Thursday the military issued a warning to civilians living in that area to evacuate.
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by wexyee: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2016
timisco1:
I laff, is like u don't know this ijaw militants, d only ones u can kill can Neva exceed 5, i know what am saying, their god of war "egbesu" can only betray them if they contrary to its rules, i hav encountered them ones in d creek in bayelsa state.

if ur brother is an army or better still a navy officer that have encountered these guys in d creek, jus buy him a cool beer, mayb three or four, and ask him of his experience with those guys... Belief me, wen he must have finished tellin u things about them (the ijaws) u go close this thread...

experience is the best teacher, get a taste of them bfor u start making comments...
hhehehe and u think soldier too no get him own juju. U mst b unwise to tink dat
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by terabyte2015(m): 7:49am On Jul 31, 2016
If you believe what you read or u don't, is not my problem... but heavy gunshot has started in Ola-Inukan area of Ishawo since yesterday night after the Ijaw militant kill one OPC member popularly called (Tunde Sogunro). The fight is between Navy+Army+Opc+NSCDC+Police+DSS against the Ijaw militant
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Kirigidi(m): 7:50am On Jul 31, 2016
silibaba:

why am i finding it difficult to believe you.because the nigeria millitary i know cannot stand niger delta avenger one on one.
Guy wake up frm deceiptn! I'm frm Delta State. NDA does not hav any standin army of fighters to confront d Nigerian Military. Dat is why they focusd on damagin of oil nd gas facilities in remote creeks of d Niger-Delta afta which they hide nd make statements online. Wat d NDA hav bin doin is not a big deal! Any single individual even a coward armed wit dynamites can do such because d oil nd gas pipelines ar everywhere expose to attacks in d quiet bushes nd creeks unprotectd. I rememberd when we used to go to oil well head yards to get som crude oil in bottles for treatment of body pains nd rashes unchallengd because no one there to ask u questions! Niger-Delta Avengers ar just a faceless group made of few disgrutled elements carryin out d biddings of som indictd individuals in d current anti-corrupt fight..

1 Like

Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by oluwaahmed: 7:57am On Jul 31, 2016
obailala:
Apart from the tweets you see online from NDA, have you ever seen a picture of the NDA guys?.... How can you be so sure about the strength of faceless people you have no knowledge about?... For all we know, NDA could just be a group of 5 people armed with only dynamites and no guns. Ability to sneak in and blow up defenceless pipelines cannot really be a test of strength can it?

D ability 2 sneak is wat is called stealth! Even wit facilities dt R heavily guarded dey still blow up tins, wit no casualties 4rm deir side. Who wld hav eva blived dey wld blow up chevron forcados? 4get even d NA does nt under-estimate dem. If d NA cld flush dem out, wld dey negotiate wit dem in d 1st place? Dem go kill innocent yoruba pple 4 makoko creek dem tuk sey militants, d same way dem dey kill 150 BH everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by ifyalways(f): 8:02am On Jul 31, 2016
114 rats they mean?

NA will kill even 4 people and not flaunt pictures? Stories
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by ba7man(m): 8:13am On Jul 31, 2016
Kirigidi:
Guy wake up frm deceiptn! I'm frm Delta State. NDA does not hav any standin army of fighters to confront d Nigerian Military. Dat is why they focusd on damagin of oil nd gas facilities in remote creeks of d Niger-Delta afta which they hide nd make statements online. Wat d NDA hav bin doin is not a big deal! Any single individual even a coward armed wit dynamites can do such because d oil nd gas pipelines ar everywhere expose to attacks in d quiet bushes nd creeks unprotectd. I rememberd when we used to go to oil well head yards to get som crude oil in bottles for treatment of body pains nd rashes unchallengd because no one there to ask u questions! Niger-Delta Avengers ar just a faceless group made of few disgrutled elements carryin out d biddings of som indictd individuals in d current anti-corrupt fight..
You are a good representative of the Niger Delta.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Osgilliat(m): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2016
onatisi:
and u really believe that 114 militants waited till they were killed there?
Majority of those killed are innocent youth in the area,wait till the operation is all over then you will start hearing heart rending stories .

You all think that the drones humming around the creeks are just there for flying sake.. I remember the militants boasting that Buharis drone can't do anything to them, yes! It can't bomb them but it can have information about their hideout and all. Now back to the matter, I can believe whatever makes me sleep at night.. And the killing of 114 militants makes me sleep, I don't care if you believe it or not. If those soldiers ain't killing the right people I'm sure there would have being a protest against them by now.. Since there are no protest.. They should carry on their operation. We are not the type that hide criminals and greedy people. Death to the militants.
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 31, 2016
Babzilla:

and when did Nigeria get such technology
that picture is most likely Kenya

Hahaha Nigeria has had this capability since 2013. Only SA and Angola have anything similar.

"https://beegeagle./2014/04/15/both-nigerian-air-force-alenia-atr-42-500-mpa-surveyor-planes-now-elint-compliant/

Why not use Google before commenting? "ATR42 NAF" will be all you need. Many of us encounter cooks and drivers from the armed forces in buses and extrapolate this to mean the armed forces. The self same thought that drove these militants to underestimate their capability and competence.

Which war/conflict has the Nigerian armed forces been involved in on the losing side. Answer? None.

1 Like

Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 31, 2016
Beremx:
114militants? haba mana! shocked

Wey dia dead body?

Nigeria military and exaggerated number of killed militants be like.... grin

I guess 114 innocent youths
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by onatisi(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2016
Osgilliat:

You all think that the drones humming around the creeks are just there for flying sake.. I remember the militants boasting that Buharis drone can't do anything to them, yes! It can't bomb them but it can have information about their hideout and all. Now back to the matter, I can believe whatever makes me sleep at night.. And the killing of 114 militants makes me sleep, I don't care if you believe it or not. If those soldiers ain't killing the right people I'm sure there would have being a protest against them by now.. Since there are no protest.. They should carry on their operation. We are not the type that hide criminals and greedy people. Death to the militants.
This bombardment is a huge huge mistake . But wait till Thursday ,then you will know the truth. Buhari just made one of his biggest blunders .
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Kirigidi(m): 8:47am On Jul 31, 2016
Aaronzy:
na so goodnews dey pain u reach?.....which Egbesu are u talking about?......egbesu dat tompolo is begging fed govt to return it to dem!
Don't mind his stupidity nd empty bragging! Was it not d high priest/ spiritual leader of d Egbesu juju Conferanity dat was kidnappd like a fowl in Kokori Ethiope East LGA Delta State by Kelvin's boys nd was shilverin like a baby begging d boys to spare his life? Why culdn't d Egbesu save him frm d hands of d kidnappers? It was all over d news dat time nd d Ijaw Youths Congress were just threatenin to storm d Urhobo town of Kokori to confront Kelvin's nd rescue dia Egbesu spiritual leader who lookd helples until govt security agents nd elders intervend. He was also a traditnal ruler in Bayelsa State. Imagine dia Egbesu Movt Spiritual leader wit all its aclaimd powers could not rescue himself frm d hands of mere Kelvin's Boys, wat other protectiv powers can he giv to his followers? It is only God Almighty dat gives Power of Protectn.
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2016
greenpasture:

Hahaha Nigeria has had this capability since 2013. Only SA and Angola have anything similar.

"https://beegeagle./2014/04/15/both-nigerian-air-force-alenia-atr-42-500-mpa-surveyor-planes-now-elint-compliant/

Why not use Google before commenting? "ATR42 NAF" will be all you need. Many of us encounter cooks and drivers from the armed forces in buses and extrapolate this to mean the armed forces. The self same thought that drove these militants to underestimate their capability and competence.

Which war/conflict has the Nigerian armed forces been involved in on the losing side. Answer? None.

Im yet to encounter a cook or driver from the armed forces and Mr. you cant blame me for thinking the way I do we have been fed so much baloney one doesnt know what to believe anymore.
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by obailala(m): 9:06am On Jul 31, 2016
oluwaahmed:

D ability 2 sneak is wat is called stealth! Even wit facilities dt R heavily guarded dey still blow up tins, wit no casualties 4rm deir side. Who wld hav eva blived dey wld blow up chevron forcados? 4get even d NA does nt under-estimate dem. If d NA cld flush dem out, wld dey negotiate wit dem in d 1st place? Dem go kill innocent yoruba pple 4 makoko creek dem tuk sey militants, d same way dem dey kill 150 BH everyday.
Like I said before, a person sneaking in, causing havoc and then running inside the bush or blending-into a community and hiding behind innocent women, aged ones and children as a shield, such kind of warfare is very difficult to prosecute because of the danger of harming the innocent. This was the reason why the fight against bokoharam was very difficult.

However, contrary to the assertion of the person I originally quoted, if the battle were not in a community with lots of innocent ones, if you place the militants and the military one-on-one, the battle wouldnt last up to 2 days. In a face to face battle, the militants cant stand the military for up to 2 days; the only problem with this war is that the militants will only resort to using human shields, blowing up defenceless pipelines and throwing the entire nigeria into darkness and famine
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by timisco1: 9:14am On Jul 31, 2016
kayfra:

Illiterate. Egbesu sabi rapid fire from gunship?

grin grin grin

u don't even know what are u are sayin or mayb u are high on cheap drugs... No jus dey ur house dey make comots, e no go cost u enof, jus adventure the creek, then mayb ur mouth go quiet small... People Wey dey die there Na jus innocent women n children, belief it or not...
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by GreatEngineer(m): 9:28am On Jul 31, 2016
Lie from the bottom pit of hell, what is the total number of militants that they have killed 114 already, meaning militants don finished be that. The real militants as not many, there are very few but we'll coordinated.
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by goldman777: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2016
onatisi:

This bombardment is a huge huge mistake . But wait till Thursday ,then you will know the truth. Buhari just made one of his biggest blunders .

Abeg nothing will happen on thursday many of u militants come on nairaland to descredit d army the govt is aware of your online activities and is not moved many militants will die like chicken this year and gods of egbesu will roast them like berbecue for their stupidity
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Wadeoye(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2016
Ijaw militants (David Clerk's children) bombardment continued yesterday.

http://punchng.com/military-rains-bombs-ijaw-militants-south-west/
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Osgilliat(m): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2016
onatisi:

Why don't we let the residence determine if is a mistake or not..
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by Koboland(f): 11:44am On Jul 31, 2016
Beremx:
114militants? haba mana! shocked

Wey dia dead body?

Nigeria military and exaggerated number of killed militants be like.... grin

These guys think we are dumb
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by basadenet: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nigerians are not fools. We have in the past heard that so many militants are killed, only for the militants to refute the claim. It is possible that innocent people are being killed. Propaganda should stop now.
Re: Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng by skywalker240(m): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
davtosh:

The same thing ur fore father's said and the whole of ur shallow thinking money Hungry y[b]eastern section[/b] was almost wiped out during the civil war.
Wise up
Niger deltan section, not eastern so i suggest you wise up bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M / Abubakar Leads Alison-madueke To Meet Jonathan / Photos Of The Female Soldier Who Died In Army Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.