Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,766 members, 7,844,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities (41929 Views)

8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Buildings / 2016 Most Popular Careers Among Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by AzontoGhost(m): 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
O0XYGEN:
UG
Katanga?
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by Jarus(m): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

Agreed. Everything in Nigeria was at par with world standards in the 60's, but for some reason, Nigeria is still stuck in that era.

And we still lay claim to appellations of 60s-70s that are no longer valid today.

1 Like

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by justhelp(m): 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

I've been there. I lived there. Have you? Do me a favor; start exploring the world and your perception will change. You can do better than ajegunle. cool
see your stupidity ? because u live Ghana ask me if hav been there , Ghana or where , but u don't know me now, ok post ur pics in Ghana
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by betterABIAstate: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
justhelp:
see your stupidity ? because u live Ghana ask me if hav been there , Ghana or where , but u don't know me now, ok post ur pics in Ghana
I really dont see a difference between nigeria and Ghana unoversities, after all nigerian universities are always coming first in west Africa on any ranking. The recent webometric ranking has 26 nigeria unis in top 100 subsaharan varsities with just 5 ghanain unis.

1 Like

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by guiddoti: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Strike has 'rusticated' OAU grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by Donnetimmy(m): 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
guiddoti:
Strike has 'rusticated' OAU grin
Great ife!!!
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by pippimp(m): 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
betterABIAstate:
I really dont see a difference between nigeria and Ghana unoversities, after all nigerian universities are always coming first in west Africa on any ranking. The recent webometric ranking has 26 nigeria unis in top 100 subsaharan varsities with just 5 ghanain unis.

You don't know because you have been cooped up in Nigeria for too long and you are basing your comments on your limited exposure and experience. I have been there and many more countries so i speak from personal experience. That is part of what is wrong with Nigerians. They are easily dazzled by mediocrity.
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by betterABIAstate: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

You don't know because you have been cooped up in Nigeria for too long and you are basing your comments on your limited exposure and experience. I have been there and many more countries so i speak from personal experience. That is part of what is wrong with Nigerians. They are easily dazzled by mediocrity.
going to ghana doesnt excite me, I rather visit Egypt, SA or Kenya. There's nothing exciting about Ghana.

I think webometric should give a rough idea about the standard of unoversities in both countries, if university of Ghana cannot top university of Ibadan then I think there's nothing exciting about universities in Ghana.
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by martinz23(m): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
This is no big deal, my school is as beautiful as this too..ABU, Zaria..
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by pippimp(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
betterABIAstate:
going to ghana doesnt excite me, I rather visit Egypt, SA or Kenya. There's nothing exciting about Ghana.

I think webometric should give a rough idea about the standard of unoversities in both countries, if university of Ghana cannot top university of Ibadan then I think there's nothing exciting about universities in Ghana.

It is not supposed to be exciting. It is supposed to be livable and also gives you value for money. You know the problem with googling things? It is always subjective. You see what you want to see. That is why i rely on personal experiences. Just by googling the best universities in Africa for 2016 shows that OAU is not even on the list. University of Ibadan made it at number 14 and university of Ghana is at number 7.
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by betterABIAstate: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

It is not supposed to be exciting. It is supposed to be livable and also gives you value for money. You know the problem with googling things? It is always subjective. You see what you want to see. That is why i rely on personal experiences. Just by googling the best universities in Africa for 2016 shows that OAU is not even on the list. University of Ibadan made it at number 14 and university of Ghana is at number 7.
sorry, this is the recent ranking, I see nothing spectacular about Ghana if university of Ghana cannot make first 1000 in world and cannot top university of ibadan. Ghana and nigeria are in same problem, i dont need to go to ghana to know this, the positions of your varsities spaeks volume.

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Sub-Saharan

1 Like

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by O0XYGEN: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
Cant you see that section is under construction?
betterABIAstate:
the university has bad landscaping, I can see red mud and dirty pool.
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by cyojunior1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
Raydos:
ʞɔɐq əuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ʍou 'noʎ uɹəɔuoɔ ʇou səop ʇɐɥʍ pɐəɹ oʇ uʍop əpısdn əuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ əʌɐɥ noʎ

I swear have just done dat. Bt I must be frank wit u dat u are sick upstairs
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by O0XYGEN: 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
You better do your research well.
There is a university in Ghana which was ranked in the first 1000 uni list
betterABIAstate:
sorry, this is the recent ranking, I see nothing spectacular about Ghana if university of Ghana cannot make first 1000 in world and cannot top university of ibadan. Ghana and nigeria are in same problem, i dont need to go to ghana to know this, the positions of your varsities spaeks volume.

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by Handsomecole(m): 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
It's always great to be great. It's not easy to be a product of this Great institution. There's this unique feeling u get when u pass thru that Great gate. That's why when u tell others ure a Great Ife ( when you come inpeace) they feel intimidated and small.

1 Like

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by JossyOloye(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Mafizo:

please wake up .. u are dreaming
please wake me
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
wats the big deal? we have beta in unilag
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by pippimp(m): 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
betterABIAstate:

What do yo mean by the same problem? Ghana is light years away from anything Nigeria has to offer. Economically, socially or otherwise. This is why i say to experience something before you can have an objective opinion on it.

1 Like

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by betterABIAstate: 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

What do yo mean by the same problem? Ghana is light years away from anything Nigeria has to offer. Economically, socially or otherwise. This is why i say to experience something before you can have an objective opinion on it.
lolz, owk

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by betterABIAstate: 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
O0XYGEN:
You better do your research well.
There is a university in Ghana which was ranked in the first 1000 uni list
none from Ghana

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by pippimp(m): 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
betterABIAstate:
lolz, owk

Laugh all you want but unless you've lived and worked there, then you can't have an objective opinion. It's just like me trying to tell someone who's been to Germany that the country is whack when i've never stepped in it before. I have by the way. Nigerians don't explore which is why they are easily dazzled by mediocrity. You are comparing a country that does not have strikes, poor maintenance and cultism at the same level with a country that does. How is that possible?

1 Like

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by betterABIAstate: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

Laugh all you want but unless you've lived and worked there, then you can't have an objective opinion. It's just like me trying to tell someone who's been to Germany that the country is whack when i've never stepped in it before. I have by the way. Nigerians don't explore which is why they are easily dazzled by mediocrity. You are comparing a country that does not have strikes and cultism at the same level with a country that does. How is that possible?
Nigerians dont explore ABI, ghanaians are the great explorers grin
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by pippimp(m): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Nigerians dont explore ABI, ghanaians are the great explorers grin

Now you are arguing illogically. I am not Ghanaian, nor is the argument about Ghanaians not exploring. It is about Nigerians believing that they are in a circumstance that they are not. Nigeria is filthy, corrupt, and unorganized and you are trying to compare it to a country that is. If you moved around and tried to see other countries you would understand my point. Nigeria cannot maintain a university hostel's toilet and you say they are the best in Africa. Ok.

1 Like

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by betterABIAstate: 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

Now you are arguing illogically. I am not Ghanaian, nor is the argument about Ghanaians not exploring. It is about Nigerians believing that they are in a circumstance that they are not. Nigeria is filthy, corrupt, and unorganized and you are trying to compare it to a country that is. If you moved around and tried to see other countries you would understand my point. Nigeria cannot maintain a university hostel's toilet and you say they are the best in Africa. Ok.
UK and USA may not agree that nigerians are not explorers, even ghanian immigration agency.
I stopped taking you seriously when you made that statement grin
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by pippimp(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
betterABIAstate:
UK and USA may not agree that nigerians are not explorers, even ghanian immigration agency.
I stopped taking you seriously when you made that statement grin

Again you are arguing illogically.
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by princeakins(m): 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Fynestboi:
Princeakins come and see cheesy cheesy

cool

Lol... una try buh dt hostel pinshure no follow grin
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by betterABIAstate: 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

Again you are arguing illogically.
you dont know how you sounded when you said nigerians are not explorers, i wonder which set of people explore the world more than nigerians in africa? That statement really made you sound stuppid
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by pippimp(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you dont know how you sounded when you said nigerians are not explorers, i wonder which set of people explore the world more than nigerian in africa? That statement really made you sound stuppid

Again you are not being logical. If they did, they would know better. You would no better. You would not have dared to compare Nigerian institutions to Ghana's. You are a prime example. Conversing with you is like talking to a boy born in a village and has never been anywhere else. Try telling him somewhere is better and he will argue with you to death. Just like you are doing.

1 Like

Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by betterABIAstate: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

Again you are not being logical. If they did, they would know better. You would no better. You would not have dared to compare Nigerian institutions to Ghana's. You are a prime example. Conversing with you is like talking to a boy born in a village and has never been anywhere else. Try telling him somewhere is better and he will argue with you to death. Just like you are doing.
owk, can you walk away now? grin
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by Fynestboi: 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
princeakins:

Lol... una try buh dt hostel pinshure no follow grin

the hostel issue permeates all Universities except maybe private University. Post pictures of Unilorin Hostels let see. wink
Re: OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities by DrinkWater10: 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
Boyedex:
Op said the central campus, not hostel area. I think OAU hostels need to be rehabilitated though.
Lalasti.clala S.eun see your almamater grin
Lala is an alumni of Abia State University.
Se.un left OAU for another uni.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick / FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta / Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.