Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos (55801 Views)

Portion Of Stephen Keshi Stadium Collapses In Asaba,Cars Destroyed. Photos / Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Stephen Keshi Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by wazobianaija: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2016
kellz0:
the dead is gone and already resting in peace... State or federal burial wont brinq him back or send him to heaven....
And who told you he has gone to heaven or hell?
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by highwaist: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2016
This is era of change,you can't compare player who died in the service and outside service.okwarji got biffiting burial frm Fg becos he died in the service
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 31, 2016
MARKone:

Did the FG stop Nigerians from coming out en-mass to their last respect. We have a big problem in this country both the leaders and the followers have problems.

You raised very valid points there.

But you see, someone is always responsible and in this case its not me, or you.

Majority of the problems we face in today Nigeria are fundamental problems that proper planning would have prevented.

The NFA didn't publicize the lying in state ceremony. There was no advert on TV, Radio, Billboards and so one.

There was little commitment and planning from NFA.

If there's anything I know about Nigerians, its about there kind heart. I know Nigerians in their tens of thousands wouldn't mind leaving their various jobs to go pay their respect to the BIG BOSS. If it of course was a national event, or at least seen as such.

So yes, the Government was to blame.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by arimahoseloka(m): 9:39am On Jul 31, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria where darkness outshines the light.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2016
Nigeria is not a place but a project. #smh
The same Leaders that existed during the war are the same oldmen causing confusion.

The only beautiful thing about NIGERIA is hope!

2 Likes

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by shamecurls(m): 9:46am On Jul 31, 2016
Nigeria is presently cutting cost due to the activities of our Hero`s, Niger Delta Avengers

What goes around, comes around

You cant plant maize and harvest yams

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 31, 2016
South Africa of course

2 Likes

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Dynamite02: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2016
FG don fall hand already...we know! That aside, how many of una go bid farewell to the late sport "hero"?
Na to use mb the type skipo,legend,rip e.t.c up and down on social media nai una sabi....The burial arrangement was announced,dem even put am on this NL ,abi na FG go still carry una leg go pay last respect? Charity begins at home!!!
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2016
Late keshi wasn't a northerner, what do you expect?
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 31, 2016
Nigeria is a country where patriotism has no reward and thieving is bountifully rewarded.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by ShaqFu: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2016
KAYD007:

You had better pray to die of old age and of natural causes than want to die for any country weather be it Nigeria or otherwise.

Even if I live in the most develop country of the world, I cannot die for it...me,i fit can't never die for even my shadow. I'm no jesus...
I'm only human, whose life (duplicate) is not saved on 4 gigabyte flash drive.

I'm proud to be a nigerian and to live within the boundaries of its entity
Honor above all, is all I can say to you.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by mediaspy: 10:34am On Jul 31, 2016
kellz0:
the dead is gone and already resting in peace... State or federal burial wont brinq him back or send him to heaven....

the reason for state burials is to encourage the leaving to do right, knowing that they will be appreciated even in their death, yes they are dead. But it gives one some kind of encouragement when u know that even in death u will be honored and ur family will be well taken care of, also your family especially your children, (if u hv kids) will be very proud of you, and your good deeds.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by joe120120(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2016
dainformant:
South Africa >>>> http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/07/stephen-keshi-nigeria-government-versus.html

They want to accept Nigeria is great irony .Is dead finish for young once coming up
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Joygalore(f): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2016
Just shut your mouth undecided
kellz0:

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by MiMiakpet(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2016
Why should they be a full stadium or state burial? Na politician die? Na political rally? My dear anythin tat is not related to politics in this country of ours is sham, it can only be accorded its due if its related to politics. I pity us Nigerians
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by love4rent80s: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2016
Nigeria government is a disgrace since 1960.... The country's name should be changed to foolgeria Very wicked set of humans living in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
SOUTH AFRICA government no doubt. south africa is ten times better than NIGERIA, even though nigerians dont want to admit it becaus of pride. NIGERIA and her citizens are agbayas.
n inferiority complex go kee you.

How does giving befiting burrier mean they are better than you especially when you have not been to the so called south Africa?
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by princesaam(m): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2016
Imagine the south africa stadium and the people who came to support senzo and compare that with the nigeria stadium with only family of Keshi. Mcheww

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Ugosample(m): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2016
ITbomb:

This is not about the dead, it is about the living and the soul of the nation. If the living sees that heros are treated like this, what will motivate them to work hard for Nigeria. This is a very dangerous precedent.

Do you know that many people in America join the army just because of the recognition given them at death ; a hero's death, celebrated by the nation

Don't mind them boss
Many here don't know the implicit importance of these things.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2016
sad Keshi rest in peace. The pix in South Africa almost moved me to tears.
When will the life of every Nigerians count Lord have mercy
dainformant:
The Nigerian government should take a cue form its South African counterpart on how to accord state funeral for national heroes. Former Nigeria skipper and coach Stephen Keshi was laid to rest in his village of Ilah, southern Nigeria, on Friday afternoon, but without the fanfare promised by the federal government.

Sports minister Solomon Dalung in an attempt to justify the embarrassing act said the government chose a low-key funeral because Keshi left behind a family that has to be catered for. Despite the excuse, no federal government delegate attended the burial.

Keshi made history in 2013, when he became only the second man after Mahmoud El Gohary of Egypt to win the Africa Cup of Nations both as a player and a coach.

Here are pictures showing how South African goalkeeper and captain Senzo Meyiwa who was shot dead during a burglary, was given a state burial by the government versus how our own national hero was buried.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/07/stephen-keshi-nigeria-government-versus.html

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by jamace(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2016
Kollyk11:
if they give him a befitting burial,how will dey see money to steal.and I am double sure dey don award millions of naira for this burial and one thief don pack am.isssshhhhh
GBAM!
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by habsydiamond(m): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2016
If u are expecting something of this south african hero from nigeria govt that means u are sitting on a long viper snake. SHAME ON NIGERIA GOVT.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by vicky85(f): 11:57am On Jul 31, 2016
kellz0:
Your lab test result is out, your brain is now completely BLACK as the brain of Nigeria is black.....
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by kceewhyte(m): 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nigeria is a joke
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by andyanders: 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
sunkoye:
I stand to be corrected....I believe we are not just bright enough or I say uncoordinated creative thinking. Govt officials only work when they think money will be involved.

Exactly. Send a Nigerian policeman to any place and if money is not involved, he will not perform or go to his place of duty. Send any government official for any official duty and there is nothing he can cut and make money from it, he will not go. Send any politician for any official duty and he cannot discover ways to steal money, he cannot take up the job.

If you die, you are on your own. Dasuki was given security fund to handle, he become an ATM machine and if you are a carrying card member of PDP, you must become rich while innocent soldiers were sent to be killed.

That was and is the Nigeria we have till date.

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Rexnegro(m): 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
Nigeria can fall hand as usual
I disagree bro, they both did it the best way they no how to do it #gbam

it Would Have Being better only if Nigeria govt take tinz like This more serious.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by brainiac5(m): 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
Why are we so concerned about the way someone was buried, a burial is not a show off festival. When he was alive people were blaming him for not leading super eagles well during 2014 world cup. How grand a persons funeral is does not show his worth.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Totti9(m): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
Is history that if you don't go violent with 9ja no honor for you Ojukwu burial comes to mind....
R.I.P
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by BNLR(m): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
it cost the government nothing to attract thousands to the stadium for a beautiful lying state for our hero . no matter how we are trying to u too leakages. the corruption still in the land. imagine Tinubu son in Milan for wedding.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by BNLR(m): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
it cost the government nothing to attract thousands to the stadium for a beautiful lying state for our hero . no matter how we are trying to reduce leakages. the corruption still in the land. imagine Tinubu son in Milan for wedding.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by smithmadu(m): 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
frozenSun:

Keshi must have been like "abeg make una bury me quick quick make i comot for this country"
Lol
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by popcykaylah(m): 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
How on earth will any one in his right senses compare south Africa with Nigeria? We know we are far behind in anything they do

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Male Fan Kneels Down For Oshoala After They Defeated Cameroon (Photo) / Pay Me As High As Messi Or I Leave, Ronaldo Tells Madrid’s Bosses / Thomas Partey Meets His Lookalike In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.