Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos (55802 Views)

Portion Of Stephen Keshi Stadium Collapses In Asaba,Cars Destroyed. Photos / Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Stephen Keshi Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by harmbhrosz(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
kellz0:
the dead is gone and already resting in peace... State or federal burial wont brinq him back or send him to heaven....
see what you're saying, then why bother bury the dead??

Why can't the dead just be thrown into the canal

What the op is saying is "Anything worth doing is worth doing well"

2 Likes

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by emi14: 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Keshi is not a northerner precisely Fulani. Maybe he supported 1985 military coup or he wad was PDP member or corrupt as a captain and coach...hahahaha....shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by jojothaiv(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
Nigeria can fall hand as usual
Yes, i bet some folks will say the economy has no room for frivolties now so Keshi family should be considerate....

Any way R.I.P to the man!

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Heffalump(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
We all know the FG performed below expectation but then, let's ask ourselves, how many ex Eagles and international footballers were there at Keshi's internment?
It is also glaring that there is no love in this country, even to the dead. The citizens are way apart. undecided
Forget the FG and lets begin with ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
When you start denying the promises you made to the masses right from the inception, you will keep denying till you leave office... I can't wait for them to leave with their fake change and empty promises

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
Check out the difference of the burial attendants. South Africa's stadium is filled to the brim.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by khukhi(f): 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Guys I think u r being to harsh. The circumstances of these 2 deaths differ. ONE was a natural death of a middle aged man, the other was a violent death of a young man who was at the peak of his career as a national teams captain. BUHARI is popular for saving costs. But Meyiwas death was a shock to the country i dont know if u get what im saying....but ur kinda right about the "national" thing not being there. They're presents wouldve been priceless (gov).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by khukhi(f): 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
DMeanMan:

You raised very valid points there.

But you see, someone is always responsible and in this case its not me, or you.

Majority of the problems we face in today Nigeria are fundamental problems that proper planning would have prevented.

The NFA didn't publicize the lying in state ceremony. There was no advert on TV, Radio, Billboards and so one.

There was little commitment and planning from NFA.

If there's anything I know about Nigerians, its about there kind heart. I know Nigerians in their tens of thousands wouldn't mind leaving their various jobs to go pay their respect to the BIG BOSS. If it of course was a national event, or at least seen as such.

So yes, the Government was to blame.

Youre so right. Planning doesnt have to be expensive either. Especially when there are hash tags and social media...we dont spend on ads anymore.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by khukhi(f): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
cheesy
shamecurls:
Nigeria is presently cutting cost due to the activities of our Hero`s, Niger Delta Avengers

What goes around, comes around

You cant plant maize and harvest yams
cheesy cheesy
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Apostleprobity1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nigeria is not worth dying for, simple and short
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by robosky02(m): 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
ok

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by iretex1(m): 12:10am On Aug 01, 2016
you guys dey too fall hands ooo, is keshi a northerner or is he a Fulani herdsmen? why should you expect more?
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by mikolo80: 2:58am On Aug 01, 2016
naijanaso:
It's visible to the blind that SA did it better. The venue and the guards shows that the guy had something to do with their National Football. Present day Nigeria is a big SCAM. God help NAIJA.
what scam. Was he a mumu. All sportsmen and women in Nigeria throw their teammates and embarrass the country throwing her under the bus wit Mafia ,indiscipline and other nonsense to get Contract and you think they will not reap what they sowed. Abegi mowu hia word
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
Allow the dead to rest in peace
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Apostleprobity1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nigeria is not worth dying for, if you like attack me, I don't care. No excuses from the FG and NFF will ever be accepted in this situation, This country does not treat their athletes with care and concern.
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by Litmus: 12:09am On Aug 02, 2016
Nigerians always ready to blame government but never criticize themselves. If you reexamine the pictures you'd see that had Nigerian fans turned up for Keshi's funeral, the South African example would only be marginally better. The greatest discrepancy is the absence of fans in one and not the other.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4042069_gto2_jpeg32596764142f3e7663e3fd4c9ed26aed
NO FANS NO ATMOSPHERE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4042073_sane_jpeg911b62cbce606c976fb34249ebd68ded
LOTS OF CARING FANS THUS ATMOSPHERIC

Think of the fans as representing the citizens and the paramilitary as representing government. Remove the police officers standing guard in the South African example and the South African one would still look miles better than the Nigerian example. Fill the stadium in Nigeria with thousands of fan and regardless of the officers standing guard in South Africa, both ceremonies would almost be equal. Conclusion, the citizens of Nigeria are just as guilty as the government for Keshi's poor funeral.

Just my take...

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by MPSA(m): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2016
Even the feneral of Gugu Zulu was much supported by south african government and his fans. RIP the great steven keshi.Watch the feneral of Gugu from the below link, much different compare to the one of the Great Steve Keshi,Sad news
http://www.702.co.za/articles/15373/watch-race-car-legend-gugu-zulu-funeral
Re: Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos by khukhi(f): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Litmus:
Nigerians always ready to blame government but never criticize themselves. If you reexamine the pictures you'd see that had Nigerian fans turned up for Keshi's funeral, the South African example would only be marginally better. The greatest discrepancy is the absence of fans in one and not the other.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4042069_gto2_jpeg32596764142f3e7663e3fd4c9ed26aed
NO FANS NO ATMOSPHERE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4042073_sane_jpeg911b62cbce606c976fb34249ebd68ded
LOTS OF CARING FANS THUS ATMOSPHERIC

Think of the fans as representing the citizens and the paramilitary as representing government. Remove the police officers standing guard in the South African example and the South African one would still look miles better than the Nigerian example. Fill the stadium in Nigeria with thousands of fan and regardless of the officers standing guard in South Africa, both ceremonies would almost be equal. Conclusion, the citizens of Nigeria are just as guilty as the government for Keshi's poor funeral.

Just my take...

Sad but true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Male Fan Kneels Down For Oshoala After They Defeated Cameroon (Photo) / Pay Me As High As Messi Or I Leave, Ronaldo Tells Madrid’s Bosses / Thomas Partey Meets His Lookalike In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.