Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? (2089 Views)

Debunking The " Some Ladies Assertion :... That All Men Cheats". / Women Who Bleach Are Dull, Shallow And Have No Self Esteem - Lawmaker (PHOTO) / Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by golor(m): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
A pleasant Sunday to you all.

Mehn have been hearing this assertion, that most first born are lazy and dull and am becoming to concur to it....

Truth be told most of the first born have ever come across are lazy and dull, my first born in my family is not exempted........together I do hear of people saying that most first male child usually get poor,due to their lazy mentality, though I can't affirm to that but I can categorically say 75% of first born are lazy and dull......

What your take on this.
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
hmmm well most first born iv come across with are not lazy.

3 Likes

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
I am a first born n m not dull nor lazy. Wrong assertion,I don't even allow people do my chores.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
Let me hear what the first born will say before i will make my comments
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by MzDesire(f): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
This is so not true..

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
Semi-Wrong assertion...I believe they have too many responsibilities to even contemplate being lazy...People differ though.

3 Likes

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
You're just jealous.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
colik:
Semi-Wrong assertion...I believe they have too many responsibilities to even contemplate being lazy...People differ though.

True what you saying. Hence one would find that they , first borns, will be slow in progression, they have many responsibilities.

I have observed that the following kids will have all what the first has at a very young age. Mind you, when the first born comes, the family is still new and lots still has to be done (building a family house, furniture, saving for God knows what etc). They will be taken to a school that is maybe just average as compared to the following kids.

There is high level of pressure and expectations for first borns, whilst the following kids are expected to maybe just do good for themselves.

I'm not a first born, but they are the best

4 Likes

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by faith551(m): 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
Am a first born,smart, strong and I prefer going through pains than to see my younger ones go through such hence I help out in anything at all I get my hands on in the house.
I have a cousin who own's one of the biggest networks of phone distribution company in Nigeria, that's to say he's rich and he's a first born.
So Op I guess you should reconsider your assertions

3 Likes

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by tempem: 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
We are hardworking.
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by tens4real(m): 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
I am a proud firstborn male and I am not dull neither am I lazy in fact so many say am workaholic
so OP I don't know the hell you heard that assertion and as a matter of fact I don't believe dat fallacious stereotype it all boils down to the individual weda firstborn or lastborn is al abt believing in ur self having mor confidence and less inferiority complex and ofcos zero absence of low self esteem and the sky wul b ur starting point... Dats if u believe firstborn R indeed dull...
I rest my case!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by d4guy: 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
And last born are extremely hard working shey?

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
I'm very lazy but wise. It's why I always pray to God to make me rich without stress. Laziness has benefits too.

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Mcslize: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
Wrong assertion. Don't generalize all with one. Whatever you believe is what you will get in life. So many beliefs out there. You can only be the change you want to be in life. If you believe you will be poor that's what will be but if you believe you will be rich that's what you will be.

The most important thing is back up your belief with work. Don't sit back and expect ''mannars'' to fall from heaven. Like as I've always said; I'm alone in this world. Don't depend on anyone for your living so that when no one comes to your rescue 'always tell yourself you can make it without the help of anyone'.

Keep an open mind and always ask God to make opportunities come your way. No one is born to be poor bruva. It's one mindset that make one poor. Who said you can't make it in life?

What brings about laziness is doubts. Being overly pessimistic. When you try to learn something but you ain't getting it right, tell yourself I will get you right soon. Keep practicing and trying until you perfect that thing. But the lazy one will try just once and when he fail to get it right, he gives up.

First borns are not Lazy. Anyone can be lazy irrespective of whether he/she is first born or second or last born.
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Eddodoh(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
I don't know where this perception was drawn from but I think it is absurd.

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
Maybe it's just your family, or your extended relatives, it might be a generational problem, sorry about your dull first born, but at least it's not a crime to be dull.

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
I'm very lazy but wise. It's why I always pray to God to make me rich without stress. Laziness has benefits too.
funny, what are the benefits of being lazy?
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by golor(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
Mcslize:
Wrong assertion. Don't generalize all with one. Whatever you believe is what you will get in life. So many beliefs out there. You can only be the change you want to be in life. If you believe you will be poor that's what will be but if you believe you will be rich that's what you will be.

The most important thing is back up your belief with work. Don't sit back and expect ''mannars'' to fall from heaven. Like as I've always said; I'm alone in this world. Don't depend on anyone for your living so that when no one comes to your rescue 'always tell yourself you can make it without the help of anyone'.

Keep an open mind and always ask God to make opportunities come your way. No one is born to be poor bruva. It's one mindset that make one poor. Who said you can't make it in life?

What brings about laziness is doubts. Being overly pessimistic. When you try to learn something but you ain't getting it right, tell yourself I will get you right soon. Keep practicing and trying until you perfect that thing. But the lazy one will try just once and when he fail to get it right, he gives up.

First borns are not Lazy. Anyone can be lazy irrespective of whether he/she is first born or second or last born.

Please kindly look for the meaning of generalisation.when did " Most" automatically stand as generalisation? Try to use word rightly please.
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Puvour: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
Lol. Putting up this kind of thread at a time like this shows how dull you really are too. Even if you wanted to seek opinion on the topic, shouldn't you have left it completely open for debate rather than take sides already? Do you know how many first born will see this and probably use it against you in the coming Mr. Nairaland contest you are canvassing for?
Who are your handlers again?
Well, on the issue, the reverse is the case because in most African homes, the first born is usually the 'assistant parent' with a few exceptions.

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Mcslize: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
golor:

Please kindly look for the meaning of generalisation.when did " Most" automatically stand as generalisation? Try to use word rightly please.

Just in case you didn't find sense in that write up, leave it for others who will read between the lines and get something meaningful from it. My post wasn't to ridicule but was more of inspirational. But don't you think most sound more like a huge percentage? You should have used few (more like 20%) or many (more like 45-50%) rather than most that takes up over 70% plus which is an ''A'' if it was to be a grade which is pretty like generalizing.
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Cool23(m): 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
I don't really agree to that some may be lazy and some may be hardworking so I don't think u should generalize
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by greymiles: 12:39am On Nov 14, 2016
Tiny23:
I am a first born n m not dull nor lazy. Wrong assertion,I don't even allow people do my chores.

you maybe dull widout knowing grin
just sayin oo grin grin grin
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Jaynom(m): 12:57am On Nov 14, 2016
Nawa o. Who carried out the research? Which population Did They draw Their sample from?
There's No scientific Evidence to support this claim.
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 14, 2016
greymiles:

you maybe dull widout knowing grin just sayin oo grin grin grin

funny,I forgot to laugh.
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by luminouz(m): 11:17am On Nov 14, 2016
golor:

Mehn have been hearing this assertion, that most first born are lazy and dull and am becoming to concur to it....

Truth be told most of the first born have ever come across are lazy and dull, my first born in my family is not exempted........together I do hear of people saying that most first male child usually get poor,due to their lazy mentality, though I can't affirm to that but I can categorically say 75% of first born are lazy and dull......

What your take on this.
Are u OK at all? Ode boi! Ur just jealous!
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by mecussey(m): 6:50am On Nov 15, 2016
golor:

What your take on this.

First born who are males are the culprits...not that they are lazy but they are not always successful like there siblings
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by eitsei(m): 7:17am On Nov 15, 2016
Lol.. It's not in any way true.. I'm a first born, my girlfriend is and also my close friend is, none of us is dull or lazy
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by eitsei(m): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2016
colik:
I don't think I can be lazy or dull because I have so many younger ones in my family looking up to me.. I'm a first born, my mom too is the first born of her parents and my mom is one the smartest, most hardworking people I've met in my life
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by eitsei(m): 7:24am On Nov 15, 2016
mecussey:

First born who are males are the culprits...not that they are lazy but they are not always successful like there siblings
not true.. I have seen so many first born who are the one lifting up others in their family
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 15, 2016
eitsei:
I don't think I can be lazy or dull because I have so many younger ones in my family looking up to me.. I'm a first born, my mom too is the first born of her parents and my mom is one the smartest, most hardworking people I've met in my life

I see..
Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Jay542(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2016
First children are not usually dull. They set good standard.

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Assertion That Most First Born Are Dull And Lazy? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2016
Our first born z a role model for us, he made much impact 2wards our education, most first born I know re very hardworking bc of their responsibility of taking care of their younger siblings especially in an average family.
I would have said it is rather the last Born's that due appear lazy due to over pampering and less responsibility that awaits them, but fortunately I am a lastborn but I am not lazy, laziness is in the DNA, irrespective of being 1st, 2nd,3rd and last born, any body can be lazy as far as it z part of ur genetic makeup.

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords / If U Attend A Wedding And Food Are Served Like This,how Many Plate.... / Don't Search These On Google... You Have Been Warned.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.