Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... (36480 Views)

The Very Best Way To Enjoy Sex Doll Is By Not Making It Dull And Stereotype / Man's Girlfriend Is Cheating On Him With His Dry Cleaner / My Girlfriend Is A Sex Addict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by phlamesG: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2016
I'm a young man in his early twenties. I've been going out with this particular girl for close to a year now.
I can tell that she loves me, and don't get me wrong I love her too, I mean she's very beautiful and well endowed in the right places, she's also a good cook and good in bed. But my worry is that she's too obtuse and uninteresting. Whenever we're having a conversation or discussion she doesn't make meaningful contributions to the topic, sometimes her contributions are not well thought out and when she says them it makes her sound dumb. My friends have even given her a nickname 'mumu'. Whenever they want to ask of her, they be like "Charlie® that your mumu girlfriend dey"?
I am kinda afraid to introduce her to my parents so she won't embarrass me. My parents are very particular about the kind of girl I bring home, and trust my dad he's going to bombard her with a barrage of questions. She's also not interested in global happenings around the world or within the country or even recent developments. What really sparked my ire was the just concluded USA elections. I remember calling her and teasing her as to who will win the elections, trump/Clinton, but I was dismayed by her response " who is trump?" cry I was totally dumbfounded, how can someone who isn't an illiterate not have an inkling about 'trump'. I'm not saying i know all about the elections, I wasn't even interested in the USA elections because I already knew it was all mere propaganda, but nevertheless I kept up to speed.
Her further response killed my vibe "what concern me with trump? Is he going to give me a role as a telemundo actress?"(she's obsessed with telemundo btw,which brings me to my next point)
She so much loves telemundo and zee world, the only concise narration she can give is the breakdown of an episode of zee world. It's breaks my heart because I love her and want to marry her in the nearest future, and I don't want our kids to turn out to be morons.
Conversations with her are so boring, she basically adds nothing to the topic of discussion. Our time together is mostly spent on long silences

I need only positive responses please...

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by darkmarky(m): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
end it

23 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
How well do you know your girlfriend?

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by eezeribe(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
It depends on what you want in a woman. Actually, girlfriends are only useful in "the other room".

You can quote me but I won't see it cos I only visit a post once

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by eph12(m): 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
There are many of them like that. They can be very caring and loving but can't make meaningful contributions to a convo. They hardly have an opinion, always seeking for yours in every decision they want to take. Don't even know what to make of them because they can love for Africa embarassed

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by phlamesG: 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
eezeribe:
It depends on what you want in a woman. Actually, girlfriends are only useful in "the other room".

Lol bro u don find trouble

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Luckygurl(f): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
I think the ball is now in your court, to transform her into someone you'd like her to be.

Get her books as gifts, coerce her into channelling those time spent watching telemundo and zee world to some other educative channel, engage her in intellectual discussion. Do not give up even if her replies ain't encouraging. Let her know why you're doing such and also how you expect her to flow along.
Do all these in love and don't go about insulting her cos that will make her detest you. Those your so called friends should be mindful if what they say too.

Whichever way, it's a gradual process and if she actually loves you the way you claim, she'll make an attempt to step up her games.

164 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by firstking01(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
phlamesG:
I'm a young man in his early twenties. I've been going out with this particular girl for close to a year now.
I can tell that she loves me, and don't get me wrong I love her too, I mean she's very beautiful and well endowed in the right places, she's also a good cook and good in bed. But my worry is that she's too obtuse and uninteresting. Whenever we're having a conversation or discussion she doesn't make meaningful contributions to the topic, sometimes her contributions are not well thought out and when she says them it makes her sound dumb. My friends have even given her a nickname 'mumu'. Whenever they want to ask of her, they be like "Charlie® that your mumu girlfriend dey"?
I am kinda afraid to introduce her to my parents so she won't embarrass me. My parents are very particular about the kind of girl I bring home, and trust my dad he's going to bombard her with a barrage of questions. She's also not interested in global happenings around the world or within the country or even recent developments. What really sparked my ire was the just concluded USA elections. I remember calling her and teasing her as to who will win the elections, trump/Clinton, but I was dismayed by her response " who is trump?" cry I was totally dumbfounded, how can someone who isn't an illiterate not have an inkling about 'trump'. I'm not saying i know all about the elections, I wasn't even interested in the USA elections because I already knew it was all mere propaganda, but nevertheless I kept up to speed.
Her further response killed my vibe "what concern me with trump? Is he going to give me a role as a telemundo actress?"(she's obsessed with telemundo btw,which brings me to my next point)
She so much loves telemundo and zee world, the only concise narration she can give is the breakdown of an episode of zee world. It's breaks my heart because I love her and want to marry her in the nearest future, and I don't want our kids to turn out to be morons.
Conversations with her are so boring, she basically adds nothing to the topic of discussion. Our time together is mostly spent on long silences

You can make her what you want her to be...forget about your friends...brush her up to your taste...it's even the kind of girls we are looking for sef....not all these girls wey don tear eyes finish...before you say jack they 've already told you robinsonundecided

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
She doesn't have to know about Trump; there are many intelligent people that are disinclined toward politics. Her rejoinder does indeed strike a chord; really, of what use is Donald Trump to her?

I don't think she's uninteresting and dull, I think it's because you two hardly have any overlapping interests that could generate lots of talking points in your conversations. You should have factored intellectual compatibility before asking her to be your girlfriend.

You could, with tenderness and love, ask her to begin take interest in things you think would enable her make more meaningful contributions; you could send her PDF of books you think would make for a good read, etcetera etcetera.

But if it were me, I would devolve to her level in order to understand her and also to familiarize myself with the things she fancies.

You could do that as well so you wouldn't seem self-centered.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
Grow each other up and stop being a nagging sissy. Who told ya you 100 yoself?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by phlamesG: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
Luckygurl:
I think the ball is now in your court, to transform her into someone you'd like her to be.

Get her books as gifts, coerce her into channelling those time spent watching telemundo and zee world to some other educative channel, engage her in intellectual discussion. Do not give up even if her replies ain't encouraging. Let her know why you're doing such and also how you expect her to flow along.
Do all these in love and don't go about insulting her cos that will make her detest you. Those your so called friends should be mindful if what they say too.

Whichever way, it's a gradual process and if she actually loves you the way you claim, she'll make an attempt to step up her games.
Thanks this is actually very insightful

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by IamLEGEND1: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
[b] Trust me,you aren't alone in your struggle.
Air-headedness & docility is the norm when it comes to naija babes,anything else is the exception to the rule.
I gotta admit,I really envy your tenacity & willpower. if I dated a girl like yours,I would have shot my myself (twice,preferably) in the head a long time ago.

I obtained some random girl's number a while ago and we got to talking. I absentmindedly asked her opinion on the Arab spring and she kept saying 'Eh?',pretending not to have heard what I said.......I decided to spell it out for her in plain terms and the best reply she could muster was 'They should just negotiate with the terrorists na'.

I nearly screamed into the phone but ultimately kept my cool. I told that ìdiot to lose my number,PRONTO.
A brother needs a girl who can have blood flowing in the two most important directions- Towards his brain & towards His dìck.

Unto you I say,brotherly: dump this intellectual liability and find yourself someone who can stimulate you sexüally and intellectually. [/b]

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by fergieboy: 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
I didn't read the story .. But since your friend called her a mumu.. Then she is indeed a mumu cheesy

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
Dude asked his girlfriend about what's going on in Arab, indonesia and US then expects her to keep up with the trend like everyone reason alike.

Op, so your friends call your girlfriend Mumu and you're happy telling us?.

30 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by DavidTheGeek: 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
eezeribe:
shocked

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Zetra(m): 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
eph12:
Don't even know what to make of them because they can love for Africa embarassed

I tell you.... you don't want people to always meet her with you because she is always falling hands(especially when you are highly rated as a mentor/smart). if she is a virgin, she will always feel good marriage / relationship is just to be virgin that's all.
Conversation is always boring, let's go out; No
Let's go to pool (indirectly meet people); No
then what do you want, her reply: I just want us alone
Me: Ok, so tell me what's in your mind(me trying to start a conversation)
she: nothing, I don't know what to say
Me: Oya say anything (trying to not feel frustrated)
She: I don't know, tell me na (I give up)

the worst are those that refuse to be trained/mentored/improve, they just want to remain the way you met them. the next line they will give you is, they don't need to change because of you if you really love them.
Oya let's end the relationship, they will refuse(they can cry for Africa ehn)

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
Luckygurl:

Very insightful of you.

You're not looking bad by the way... lemme be your lucky guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Zetra(m): 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
Luckygurl:

what about the ones that are self opinionated and refuse.
...you should love me the way I am, that's her line if you try those stunts you wrote on her.
she is working (stays with her parents)

8 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by RoyalBlak007: 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
change
her grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
According to study kids inherit intelligence from the mum not the dad so your guess is a good as mine cus you may end up with dumb kids

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
Will she make a good wife? Will she make a good mother? Is she peaceful and kind? Is she thoughtful and loving? Does she get along well with others? Intelligence is good, but it does not guarantee happiness and calm in a home.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by ceny6(m): 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Air-headedness & docility is the norm when it comes to naija babes,anything else is the exception to the rule.
I gotta admit,I really envy your tenacity & willpower. if I dated a girl like yours,I would have shot my myself (twice,preferably) in the head a long time ago.

I obtained some random girl's number a while ago and we got to talking. I absentmindedly asked her opinion on the Arab spring and she kept saying 'Eh?',pretending not to have heard what I said.......I decided to spell it out for her in plain terms and the best reply she could muster was 'They should just negotiate with the terrorists na'.

I nearly screamed into the phone but ultimately kept my cool. I told that ìdiot to lose my number,PRONTO.
A brother needs a girl who can have blood flowing in the two most important directions- Towards his brain & towards His dìck.

Unto you I say,brotherly: dump this intellectual liability and find yourself someone who can stimulate you sexüally and intellectually. [/b]

You sound very educated and obviously very exposed. But have you for a second come to think if everyone was as blessed as you? Different people come from different backgrounds and have different level of exposure. One may not have heard of the word Arab spring but will be be very much aware of the uprising happening without knowing it has a word referring to it. The little I have learnt about this life is not to be hasty in making decisions (that's the part I want to talk about)

Back to the topic, OP knew from day one the kind of lady he wants and also knew this lady in question fell short of what he wanted but the lady's endowed body didn't allow him do the honourable thing to walk away. Now he is complaining. U will end up hurting a nice simple gal and guess what? Some men may desire her despite her flaws. It's just about knowing exactly who u are and what you want in a partner!

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
phlamesG:
I can tell that she loves me, and don't get me wrong I love her too, I mean she's very beautiful and well endowed in the right places, she's also a good cook and good in bed.
But my worry is that she's too obtuse and uninteresting. Whenever we're having a conversation or discussion she doesn't make meaningful contributions to the topic, sometimes her contributions are not well thought out and when she says them it makes her sound dumb. My friends have even given her a nickname 'mumu'. Whenever they want to ask of her, they be like "Charlie® that your mumu girlfriend dey"?

bro...just tell us the main thing in your mind, you have had your fill, an you need a new ride... You don't expect everyone to be perfect nah... Not everyone gets interested in politics and the shitty talks involved... Even if you know all things and have no flaws of any sort, na person teach you, you weren't born that way.. So help her to BE BETTER And To KNOW BETTER if truly you love her...

BTW, learn to keep your affairs private, nairaland won't help you! Just use the perfect brain you paint yourself to have, to solve your problem, what you wrote up there, is just some silly excuse to dump the poor girl... Your own karma get kongi but you never know.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 14, 2016
If I may quote you "I mean she's very beautiful and well endowed in the right places, she's also a good cook and good in bed"
See right there that's your problem it's taken you a whole year to figure this out? Did you not talk about current affairs in the early days of your courtship? Or were you too bamboozled by the assets to explore her intellectual intergrity? Sorry to tell you that you made your bed lie in it. All this was obvious to you before you chose not to see it. This could potentially be the mother of your children make a decision now rather than later. Don't be one of those men who is embarassed to introduce his wife to his peers and friends.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 14, 2016
IamLEGEND1:

There are men like that as well ....

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 14, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
According to study kids inherit intelligence from the mum not the dad so your guess is a good as mine cus you may end up with dumb kids
That's cold grin

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:28am On Nov 14, 2016
Raine80:

That's cold grin
I say the truth the way it is, such girls hardly improve because they see no reason for improvement while being comfortable living with ignorance and as much as their boyfriend try to change them, they may hate him and will always end up with if you don't love me the way I am leave me that way and find another person I will find somebody who love me for who I am. I am talking from experience, I have stop trying to help what I do is to keep them as sex mates cus majority of them the only thing they are good at, is sex.

19 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 14, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
I say the truth the way it is, such girls hardly improve because they see no reason for improvement while being comfortable living with ignorance and as much as their boyfriend try to change them, they may hate him and will always end up with if you don't love me the way I am leave me that way and find another person I will find somebody who love me for who I am. I am talking from experience, I have stop trying to help what I do is to keep them as sex mates cus majority of them the only thing they are good at, is sex.
I know what you meant , it's my skewed humour. Why interact with women you look down upon intellectually in the first place I do not understand the double standards exercised here? Please and I am not on the attack here broaden my horizon.

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:00am On Nov 14, 2016
Raine80:

I know what you meant , it's my skewed humour. Why interact with women you look down upon intellectually in the first place I do not understand the double standards exercised here? Please and I am not on the attack here broaden my horizon.
Neither did I attack you too I'm just stating facts. Back when I was naive I do not have much time to stay evaluating a girl's intellectual capacity, back then I date for fun but still value intelligent girls but then we had the misconception that quite girls are intelligent and by the time I must have use my tricks to win her heart and finally discover who I'm dealing with I may have been trapped by the girls not letting go or I will decide to only enjoy the benefit of sex some of them are only good at, after I must have tried my efforts to make them read including introducing them to nairaland and co but come back the next day they will tell you they can not. As I gets older I start avoiding them, the last one I met I lost interest in proposing when I discover it and that end our friendship too cus these days I don't mingle with unintelligent people.

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 14, 2016
O
DarkRebel101:
She doesn't have to know about Trump; there are many intelligent people that are disinclined toward politics. Her rejoinder does indeed strike a chord; really, of what use is Donald Trump to her?

I don't think she's uninteresting and dull, I think it's because you two hardly have any overlapping interests that could generate lots of talking points in your conversations. You should have factored intellectual compatibility before asking her to be your girlfriend.

You could, with tenderness and love, ask her to begin take interest in things you think would enable her make more meaningful contributions; you could send her PDF of books you think would make for a good read, etcetera etcetera.

But if it were me, I would devolve to her level in order to understand her and also to familiarize myself with the things she fancies.

You could do that as well so you wouldn't seem self-centered.

Trust me i don't think u understand what the op is trying to say. the whole thing is not about knowing Trump but at least be aware of your environment. Know the Governor of your own state even if u not interested in politics. If they say there is ebola outbreak, be aware and inform yourself rather than picking it from the road side informats. I have been there myself. The only thing she knew was all the names of movies, actors and actresses. Aside those, nothing and nothing in this world is her business. Eat and fu..k. come on nah that's super boring. Tried systematically telling but was not working

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 14, 2016
Life is too short, get what you want. You can have a beautiful, intelligent, knowledgeable woman if you want. Don't settle, find someone you can respect and admire. No one is perfect, but can you really deal with her imperfections? You should not be ashamed to take your girlfriend to meet anyone. Being a wife is more than sex and cooking--a wife has to be interesting and captivating outside the kitchen and bedroom. Good luck to both of you.

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

6 Basic Things That Turns Ladies On. / 32 Real Men - 16 Beautiful Ladies - 6 Hours. The Wooing Challenge ~ENDED~ / Kupe Boy, Jimseuh And Girlfriend Loved Up In New Photos And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.