Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,045 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC (2426 Views)

Herdsmen Killings: OPC, Agbekoya Mobilize Fighters, Declare War On Killer Fulani / Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Wadeoye(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
For those doubting Thomases, it's now confirmed that the militants terrorizing parts of Lagos state are Ijaw militants. OPC arrested 4 of them yesterday and handed them over to the police who in turn handed them over to the military commander for Ikorodu. They have since joined the list of subdued militants inside the choking cells of the military.

Read the full story here...

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/31/opc-member-killed-as-group-frees-2-landlords-arrests-4-militants/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

5 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Thewrath(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Liar,I read the whole article from the link you provided,there was no place where the identity of the militants was confirmed!

Yorubas and lies cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by yinkus204(m): 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
OPC Bleep up big time why hand them over to police they should shoot them at site smh bloody idiot militant

8 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by alade112(m): 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
RIP! to the OPC member who lost his life defending his land and people. I know some people will still celebrate his death Dm go share free fan yogo btw dmselves. Buh the truth is that people are happy about the operation. I watched a report few minutes ago on channelsTv Every whr is calm & cool, D residents even told the Military to sustain the operation.. While some people re busy commenting rubbish from their holes Guess what D man they even interviewed on the street is from the East I SMH while watching, In my mind his blodas re Sad busy nagging on NL

18 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by StOla: 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
The ones arrested should be beheaded in a public ceremony, then have their bodies disposed off into the sea.

Hopefully the headless bodies will swim back to the creeks where their loved ones can give them a burial.

15 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by biazarre(m): 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
pls let us stop decorating dis hoodlums...
stop calling dem militants...
call dem criminals...
because dats wat dey are...

6 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by stobery(m): 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Even OPC na millitant also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Good news
Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by wristbangle: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Excellent move by OPC and the military.

Where are those chest beaters saying innocent yoruba indigenes are the ones been killed?

StOla:
The ones arrested should be beheaded in a public ceremony, then have their bodies disposed off into the sea.

Hopefully the headless bodies will swim back to the creeks where their loved ones can give them a burial.

This guy no get joy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by PROVERBZ(m): 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
HIA AM SURPRISED OO OPC GET CUTLASS SEF TALK LESS OF CATCHING FOUR ARMED MILITANTS AND DEN HANDING DEM OVER TO THE AUTHORITIES THE OPC SEF NO BE MILITANT GROUP
HIA ABUBAKUS COME AND EXPLAIN OO
Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by malthus231(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Proud to be a yorubania.............One love Oduduwa people

3 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by justhelp(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Gh
Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Thukzee01(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Op u can lie ehn

1 Like

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by months: 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
Phantom militant, dem dey disappear from camera flash, that is y dem no dey picture. grin grin grin

Afonja i dey hail Ooo

1 Like

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Lushore1: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Four members of the Nigeria- Delta militants, who have been terrorizing residents of communities around Igbo Olomu area of Ikorodu in Lagos State, have been arrested by members of the Ogbagba zone of Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, led by Otunba Gani Adams.

The members yesterday engaged the militants in a fierce gun battle around Yewa community in Igbo Olomu and facilitated the release of two landlords in the area, earlier kidnapped.

Although an OPC member was killed, other members of the Yoruba group succeeded in arresting four members of the gand and handed them over to the divisional police officer in charge of Owutu Police Station.

The DPO has since handed the suspects to the area commander in charge of Ikorodu.

OPC members from Ogbagba zone had responded to a distress call that militants had invaded Yewa area of Olainu Kan, where they kidnapped two landlords, including one Mr Daniel Akpughe.

They responded and caught up with the militants, who had by then relocated to their creek and a serious clash ensued between the two groups.

The militants regrouped and waylaid the OPC members on their way back, killing one of them, Tunde Sogunro, in another round of gun duel.

Femi Atiku, coordinator of Ogbagba zone of OPC in Isawo confirmed the incident to our correspondent and expressed the condolence of the group to the slain member.
Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by ConqueredWest: 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
No pics

Lies

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Nairasurplus(m): 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Lie lie
Every where.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by GasAndOilTheory(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
StOla:

WORDDDDDDDDDD !!

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Reminez(m): 9:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
This is the kind of news I want to be reading henceforth . Kill them too. Don't they bleed . But next time , don't hand those terrorists to the authorities . Behead them and dump them in the river .

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by wowmenow: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
Opc that uses hunter guns how can they catch militant even army self never arrest them

Opc is looking for relevance this days

Opc that me nd my neighbors chase away from our street with cutlass will arrest militants

Too much lies in the system

1 Like

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by GMBuhari: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
hahahahaha,

This much fun on the 31st , Can't wait for August 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by GMBuhari: 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
lol

that's hilarious

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by coolscott(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
biazarre:
pls let us stop decorating dis hoodlums...

stop calling dem militants...

call dem criminals...

because dats wat dey are...
Even if you call them militants, militants many times are borderline criminal so I do not even see the tag "militant" as elevated.
Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by idensko(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
This Yorubas can be funny

Dis is a complete NA operation, what is OPC or whatever dey call dem trying 2 claim relevance

Dis group will end up creating a serious enmity between these militants and Yorubas

Believe it or not by d time d Military are done with dre bruhaha

That is when d real Militants will show dre face

Just like dey did during Obasanjo bombardment of ND.

I ONLY PITY D AFONJAS THAT FEEL D BRUNT AND ANGER OF THESE PPLE.

OPC would ve just stayed clear and allow d military do dre job, why creating unnecessary publicity when u re actually doing notn?

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Godemcee(m): 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nice one from opc,flarheads shud keep hitting there head on the wall.we would waste those ijaw masters to the shitgboes

1 Like

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by StOla: 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
idensko:

Dis is a complete NA operation, what is OPC or whatever dey call dem trying 2 claim relevance

Dis group will end up creating a serious enmity between these militants and Yorubas

OPC would ve just stayed clear and allow d military do dre job, why creating unnecessary publicity when u re actually doing notn?

Are the Yorubas looking for any friendship with Ijaw terrorists to begin with?

If the so called real militants show up any where in the SW, the military will come in again and do what they do best - kill and ask questions later.

Why are you concerned about what OPC does in its own region?

They were well equipped and paid by an Ijaw president who was looking to sponsor any regional militia to win re-election in those regions. Now the same weapons and funds would be used to terminate the Ijaw criminals straying too far from home.

3 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by oduastates: 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
I have always advocated that OPC should be disbanded but in light of the forces empowered by Jonathan and his goons to destabilise yorubaland in the last dispensation ,I think it is a bad idea. There are just too many dysfunctional societies in this country.
The police did nothing because they were under the protection of the Patience Jonathan presidency. Almost every week, ogun state had to go and clean up leaks or put out fires.
The yorubas who voted for that buffoon should hang their heads in shame.
Many of us who knew what was happening by piecing together information here and there advocated strongly against any omoluabi voting for that buffoon.
Someone who did not show any respect in his first term to you. Not one project that he could point to after 5 years and $500 billion. Dem still carry dem finger vote for am. If only you knew what they had planned for you.
For once the government is doing something about it.
They should have deployed OPC members from Offa, Ilorin, ibadan, Modakeke and Cotonou to do this job.
These criminals were raping women in their homes, ,disrupting imported fuel supplies and electricity etc
Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
idensko:

So, there wasn't any enmity between the militants and Yoruba yet the militants continue to visit violence on Yoruba communities on Yoruba soil?
The military is obviously trying to be proactive in forestalling something that is sure to escalate.

3 Likes

Re: Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
idensko:

(1) (Reply)

Throw Back Photo Of Abacha ,abiola And Tinubu / 2019: ‘I Can Run Nigeria Better Than Buhari Even In My Sleep’ – Sowore / Fulanis Audacity To Kill Nigerians Stem From A Directive From This Man(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.