Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? (1884 Views)

Dealing With Unromantic Guys / Why Do Some People Change After The First Date? / How Do You Cope With An Unromantic Guy Or Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by ofala(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2009
I get this question from worried lovers.Sometimes the other partner may not know that his or her lover is seeing him or her as a romantic novice[and as such thinking seriously of what happens to his love life in future]. Now lets look at it this way, what one thing do you want your lover to change for him or her to appear more romantic to you? Have you discussed it with your partner? Is he or she the type that wants to save ALL the sexy fire till after wedding? But do you think he or she is teachable? Be plain in your answers and go ahead to LOVE RIGHT.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by posakosa(m): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2009
Definitely not.

I think that its a waste of time, efforts, and energy in the relationship or marriage to try and change someone into what they are not. undecided undecided
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 20, 2009
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by ofala(m): 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2009
I believe u got what I meant but if not.Consider this: some had complained that their lovers aren't active in bed or doesn't even know how to flow in the bedroom games,and always defend themselves that they are waiting till after wedding. My question is:somebody who doesn't know how to and doesn't wana learn.Is it when married he or she will learn? It is important because there are some ladies that believe that once they get past wedding they can relax.You can real,no doubt about that but it is important to note that attraction and re-attraction you lover should be a life time thing!
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2009
That's like asking a leopard to suddenly loose its spots. . .what you see from the start is what you get later. . . that's why its better to make a smart choice from the start point! cool
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by CrazyMan(m): 1:37am On Sep 21, 2009
@Poster.

If I'm to marry a girl, it would be for her DIGINITY and not about her being romantic; also, I strongly believe that if you show the right amount of love and care to your partner (most especially females) she would change and become romantic.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by AniLee(f): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

That's like asking a leopard to suddenly loose its spots. . .what you see from the start is what you get later. . . that's why its better to make a smart choice from the start point! cool

couldnt have said it any better than that!

CrazyMan:

@Poster.
If I'm to marry a girl, it would be for her DIGINITY and not about her being romantic; also, I strongly believe that if you show the right amount of love and care to your partner (most especially females) she would change and become romantic.

I support you but also girls like having a romantic partner, well at least I know I do. Not just some respectable boring dummy that cant afford (in whatever way) to make me feel really cherished and you know, just that ka-extra nice bubbly feeling you get when someone does sth romantic with/to/for you.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by ofala(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2009
@ Ani Lee You made a good point there,no doubt about that. But read that question again. Some, may be few, really are dumb when it comes to how to floe nicely with the opposite sex.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by idstar(f): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2009
try to change him before the wedding
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by KennyG6(m): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2009
why do u wanna change him at all? if the issue is his "unromanticness" and this is a big deal for you, then dont marry him, if on the other hand you feel u can live with it then marry him for the love u have for him. I dont see any sense in trying to change someone, the reason u should marry him is because of who he is not who u want him to be!
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by ofala(m): 11:13am On Sep 21, 2009
@Kenny G    I understand what u are trying to say. But look at it from the point of marriage bliss. How will u be happy for an unfilled married life simply because you got involved with sombody you considered a lover but actually he or she doesn't want to learn how to be one!?
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by chidyke77(m): 11:44am On Sep 21, 2009
She gonna learn if u afford her d opportunity by teaching her what she neva knw b4.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by shayoor(f): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2009
i dont think so
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by nas00(m): 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2009
Very unlikely such a partner will change.
At best she (or he) will begin to pretend or simulate just to gain d other party's approval.
In essence, u hav to decide if u can cope with ur partner's nature b4 u enter d place(wedding) grin
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by janedoe(f): 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2009
@ topic I think not,most people change or pretend to change in an attempt to win someone over but if the person in question accepts them as they are,at that point there will be no incentive to change.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 23, 2009
please when you are going into a death sentence (marriage) know that 1-10, 10 been the best and 1 been the worst. if your man/woman use to be 10, there is a high probability that they may fall to 5 when they get married, than increasing to 11, so dont deceive yourself.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by idstar(f): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2009
mubowa:

please when you are going into a death sentence (marriage) know that 1-10, 10 been the best and 1 been the worst. if your man/woman use to be 10, there is a high probability that they may fall to 5 when they get married, than increasing to 11, so dont deceive yourself.
abeg, how is marriage a death sentence? are u trying to sound witty or funny? that was soooooooooo nonsenseible .
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by ofala(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2009
@MUBOWA Hey! What are you talking about!? Marriage has never been, can not be and will never be a death sentence! These are all the more reason you need to try and get it right from onset. You will definitely have some differences as humans but your ability to live it out with your partner is what makes the difference. So how do you pick the right person. Remember we are trying to help others find happiness. AND BE HAPPY TOO.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2009
Hell no. If he is unromantic now that you are courting, it will be 1000x worse when you are married.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by iice(f): 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2009
ofala:

@MUBOWA  Hey! What are you talking about!? Marriage has never been, can not be and will never be a  death sentence! These are all the more reason you need  to try and get it right from onset. [b]You will definitely have some differences as humans [/b]but your ability to live it out with your partner is what makes the difference. So how do you pick the right person. Remember we are trying to help others find happiness. AND BE HAPPY TOO.

For all the preaching of differences of humans, you are on her case with her different view of marriage? undecided

ofala:

I get this question from worried lovers.Sometimes the other partner may not know that his or her lover is seeing him or her as a romantic novice[and as such thinking seriously of what happens to his love life in future]. Now lets look at it this way, what one thing do you want your lover to change for him or her to appear more romantic to you? Have you discussed it with your partner? Is he or she the type that wants to save ALL the sexy fire till after wedding? But do you think he or she is teachable? Be plain in your answers and go ahead to LOVE RIGHT.

@Topic, whilst i believe most people don't change and we can't change them.  It's really upto the person if he/she wants to 'adjust' grin / improve/change.  There is always a possibility of a change but what are the odds? undecided
There's nothing i would change about him since i'm not romantic anyway undecided I cringe at saccharine grin
If there's problem with the other, it's best to talk it out.  I don't believe in holding back what's on my mind jare.  I don't like stress.
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2009
@iice and ebonyeye thanks very much coz you guyz hit d nail on d head.@ idstar, you dont have to disrespect me for stating my opinion, all you need is to ask me y. what i mean is that an unromantic  marriage or a bad marriage is a death sentence if u have a husband that is unromantic. u cant cheat on him and u cant teach him (because sometime men will ask you where you learn that). so tell me if that is not even worst than a death sentence. and seriously when sex is not good, it hurts and if you are somebody that has tasted diff waters b4 getting married, you will have a big problem
Re: Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? by candyshore: 10:53am On Sep 29, 2009
a man is at his best to a lady b4 he marries her, he is almost 100% so likewise a lady, but after d marriage it remains dat way if he wasnt pretending or gets worst. so watever u see now b4 marriage dont expect any better after marriage except God really intervenes.

(1) (Reply)

Because I Live Abroad, Two Girls I Have Dated In The Past Now Want Me Back / Can You Hold Someone Accountable For What They Dream? / How Do I Get This Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.