Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. (17836 Views)

OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down / Examination Questions For Law Students In UNIBEN(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Muhsinkhan(m): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2016
adesewa4uyahoo:
Best of luck to you guys.... Law is a noble profession...see you at the Bar.
Are u a lawyer or a law student?
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by hardehbayor112(m): 7:48am On Sep 03, 2016
Sermwell:
Present sir!!
I rep faculty of law
UNIBEN!! grin cool

Please oo, am an aspirant tho, i just did my Waec this year and my dream course is Law, see have heard many rumour about this law. I just wanna know maybe it's true

Someone told me that when am in 300 level, they would tell us to qo to another country like qhana to qo and witness a case..Please is that how it rolls
i want to know everythinq about this course..can you please explain it to me...
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Muhsinkhan(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2016
chloe7:
when you do civil litigation, evidence, trust and the likes you will know law is not overrated ,all courses have their highs and lows but some cannot just be compared to Law ehn.
Tell them learned frnd.
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Blaqsmith(m): 7:55am On Sep 03, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Hi. I'm Stephen.

I'm a Law aspirant. This is my 3rd yr gunning for this course. Firstly at O.A.U then U.I and now AAUA

I created this thread for law students and aspirants to come together and help eachother out. To ask questions and communicate. Making friends with like minds can be great.

So please. Ya'll should get in here. cheesy
Hello Stephen,
My name is Adekunle. I'm year one Law student at AAUA.
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 7:58am On Sep 03, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Hello Stephen,
My name is Adekunle. I'm year one Law student at AAUA.
Really bro. Lemme have your contact please. We need to talk urgently.
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Blaqsmith(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2016
adren:
simply..
law is Overrated

What makes you think Law is Overrated my friend?
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2016
Hillarie:
NevetsIbot, this is my 3rd year too.
let's stay strong!
Bro... So you're on NL... I'm getting old o shey you know ehn
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by chicoMX(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2016
I just came here to observe the thread cheesy I have always admired lawyers.

PS I'm a 300L Electrical/Electronic Engineering Student
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by DamiG(f): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2016
Hmmmn,I like this place cool
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Swaginton(m): 8:04am On Sep 03, 2016
Good evening people. My name is uche, I recently graduated from Uniben. Just waiting for law school next month

1 Like

Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2016
DavidEsq:
Wishing y'all the very best in your endeavours/aspirations to join the legal profession.
Amen. Thank you. cheesy.
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:07am On Sep 03, 2016
Promxy94:
Nice Thread
am a final year law student...
just entering my finals these September By GOD GRACE....
in a Private University in the country....
Goodluck in your finals bro. cheesy
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Greenbullet(m): 8:08am On Sep 03, 2016
adren:
simply..
law is Overrated

get out,b4 I call my brother's in arm.
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:08am On Sep 03, 2016
frenchwine:
I'm a medical doctor buh I'm here to invade this thread cos you lawyers are too mouthed jare.
It wouldn't be out of place to make a few law friends. So let's roll
Mouthed? Lol... See the pot calling the kettle black.. You guys and your medical terms that can cause the phobia of words. Lol
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2016
Pranaya:
Hello
I'm a 500L Law student in one of the state universities around. Nice thread.
thanks... You're the boss now o. 500L... nice one..

1 Like

Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2016
henryvirus:
Nice thread, I'm a Law student, 300level in AAUA..
Thanks bro. When will AAUA resume na?
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2016
adesewa4uyahoo:
Best of luck to you guys.... Law is a noble profession...see you at the Bar.
Are you a law student or a lawyer?
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Pranaya(f): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2016
Sermwell:

Pls be proud of the name of your school!
In pastor chris' voice...'Keep saying it..don't stop talking it' grin

What's the name of your school? tongue
Funny you smiley
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2016
pweetyz:
we're
here or I'm here.. Lol
300 level uniben law student

Adren.. I believe you've got a right to say so cos you're unaware of it's beauty
Try getting involved a tiny bit.. Perhaps dress up like a law student and attend some lectures..not with 100 level o.. And then no one would need to tell you to modify that post
lol. Law just has its own way of polishing everyone

1 Like

Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Pranaya(f): 8:13am On Sep 03, 2016
NevetsIbot:
thanks... You're the boss now o. 500L... nice one..
Thanks thanks wink
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Sermwell(m): 8:13am On Sep 03, 2016
Conner44:
Chei!

Imagine someone going in to study law in a lawless country like Nigeria

A country where it's teeming lawyers can't even prosecute the useless common wealth thieves and looters to produce a conviction

A country where the only place and cases where a lawyer can ever shine is chasing after petty criminals and other personal lawyer stuff like wills and others

Until the day I see a lawyer in Nigeria put a put a political big wig behind bars I will never have any respect for that profession. It'd like a wasted vocation in this lawless country called Nigeria.

Please upcoming lawyers in the house kindly let us know who your role model/mentor is? Why so keen to study law when you're going to be held back by the "powers that be" whenever you decide to take on the big and controversial cases?

No member of my immediate family will ever study or practice law in this country unless I switch on my television one day to see someone like Dasuki live in kirikiri
You have a very misplaced understanding of how the law works because you are viewing it from a layman's perspective! Every lawyer cannot have the same knowledge of the law. We have sound lawyers and we also have those who lack the requisite knowledge and understand of the law! I'm a proud law student of university of Benin, and when I find myself in court after I would have been called to bar in 2018, I will always argue according to the man who paid me!
This is how it works...judges are not in court to jump into conclusion on who is guilty or not. They rely on the arguments, facts and evidence profered by counsel(lawyers)of both parties, and certainly, one lawyer(s) must be better than the other(s) and whoever argues his case better, takes the day! So even if someone is already a "criminal" in your thinking as a layman, if evidence and facts cannot be presented in court to convince the judge(s) beyond reasonable doubt, he CANNOT be convicted! If for instances, Dasuki is presented in court today and the FG's lawyer cannot present facts, figures, evidence to convince the court, a layman like you will scream injustice if Dasuki is not sent to jail!
In a nutshell, if you accuse someone of a criminal offence, you must prove it! And you if allow the accuse person's lawyer to convince the court more than your own lawyer, there is no how the accussed person will go to jail! That is how it is done any where in the world!
I think this is simple enough!

NB; mind you, corruption is in every institution in our government and don't make the error is singling out the judiciary! And you only have the right to decide for yourselve! Don't stop any member of your family who wants to study law! You cannot live your life and live thiers at the same time!

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by OlumideDennis(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2016
who Law epp?dont mind me thou actually am a law student,400 level in the prestigious Ekiti State University.shout out to my barristers is equity
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Greenbullet(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Diploma in law? I never heard of it. Diploma in law... Can you explain?
lie lie,you don't disgrace yourself,diploma in law,issokay!!!!
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:16am On Sep 03, 2016
hardehbayor112:

Please oo, am an aspirant tho, i just did my Waec this year and my dream course is Law, see have heard many rumour about this law. I just wanna know maybe it's true

Someone told me that when am in 300 level, they would tell us to qo to another country like qhana to qo and witness a case..Please is that how it rolls
Hanhan... The person who told you this can't be a lawyer or a law student.. Rumours everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2016
if u know wat is good for u. avoid this course. after 5 years nd law school no job. most go to chambers paying 15-30k. wtf is dat
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:20am On Sep 03, 2016
Greenbullet:
lie lie,you don't disgrace yourself,diploma in law,issokay!!!!
Why are you calling me a lier na?? Can't you see I'm also questioning that ''diploma in law'' that the guy said? Shuuu?
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by REB3L(m): 8:21am On Sep 03, 2016
pweetyz:
we're
here or I'm here.. Lol
300 level uniben law student

Adren.. I believe you've got a right to say so cos you're unaware of it's beauty
Try getting involved a tiny bit.. Perhaps dress up like a law student and attend some lectures..not with 100 level o.. And then no one would need to tell you to modify that post

Patricia how far na.. Na one of your course mates,so u dey dis site grin
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Sermwell(m): 8:23am On Sep 03, 2016
Swaginton:
Good evening people. My name is uche, I recently graduated from Uniben. Just waiting for law school next month
Yea uche I know you! The same class with Garrick, Omosigho, Sandra, Bunmi, osayuki, Daisy etc! Congrats! I heard Collins is the best graduating student in your class! Followed by Divine!
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Emilord(m): 8:28am On Sep 03, 2016
Nice thread. I am currently a 500 level law student of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. I think the Op should also create a WhatsApp forum. That would be ideal,than having to check Nairaland every now and then. tnks.
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Emilord(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2016
Nice thread. I am currently a 500 level law student of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. I think the Op should also create a WhatsApp forum. That would be ideal,than having to check Nairaland every now and then to view the thread. tnks.
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by OlumideDennis(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2016
well another problem with our judicial system is that over the time,in my academic sojourn in this legal profession,I have noticed that there is little credence given to the trial of tortuous offences and parties choose to settle such cases out of the court which is sometimes done in respect of the advices given by the law enforcement agencies or the agreement by the parties haven considered the snail speed of our court system and as such this practice is creating problem In the academia because there are few Nigerian cases to substantiate the position of the Nigerian court on such a subject matter and also to serve as precedence so most time we still rely on foreign decisions which could be sometime not applauding for the better understanding of out legal system in Nigeria and the approach of the Nigerian court in such matters.
Re: Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. by Sermwell(m): 8:31am On Sep 03, 2016
hardehbayor112:

Law is a very interesting course to study cool Uniben doesn't send students to witness court proceedings in other country! But if you belong to ILSA(international Law Students Association) you will have the oppurtunity to travel abroad for law seminars! My faculty sent some students to Washington DC(USA) last year, and also sent about 8 students in 2 batches this year!
Let's know other rumours you have been hearing so that I can confirm if they are true or not!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 / What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? / JAMB 2017: The Experience I Gained During MOCK EXAMINATION.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.