Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis (42410 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Father Caught Daughter With Her Boyfriend In Ebonyi Having Sex (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by YINKS89(m): 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
dat gurl na mugu..... u beta call her to order b4 she strays............ grin
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Send me her number, lemme talk to her
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chepy1:
Hello guys
I have a sis who is about 22 years old, schools in a private university. She lives alone off her school campus but a friend of hers stays with her, she own a car which is less than six months that she uses for school runs and other social activity. She called me a couple of minutes ago saying she had mistakenly crashed the car against the fence of her building and she needed me to get it repaired. But the truth about it according to what a friend of mine who studies in her in school told me was that she is seeing a particular guy, who she recklessly spends on, and it was he who damaged the car and not my sis..... I plan on paying her a visit tomorrow at school.... The question here is should I strip her completely of all the benefits she enjoys or talk to her about the guy who she is allegedly dating
dude she go soon marry

Meawhile here is someone predicting tommorow www.nairaland.com/3271410/warned-1g-soon-purchased-100
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by DedeNkem: 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chepy1:
Hello guys
I have a sis who is about 22 years old, schools in a private university. She lives alone off her school campus but a friend of hers stays with her, she own a car which is less than six months that she uses for school runs and other social activity. She called me a couple of minutes ago saying she had mistakenly crashed the car against the fence of her building and she needed me to get it repaired. But the truth about it according to what a friend of mine who studies in her in school told me was that she is seeing a particular guy, who she recklessly spends on, and it was he who damaged the car and not my sis..... I plan on paying her a visit tomorrow at school.... The question here is should I strip her completely of all the benefits she enjoys or talk to her about the guy who she is allegedly dating

She is a 22 years old adult and you have not right whatsoever to dictate who she should date or how she should live.
Don't just blindly believe what your friend told you because there's 50% chance he's wrong.

Try to know who she's dating first before any conclusion to get rid of him. Some women fall for bad boys.

If you find out he's using your sister, try to advice and present her with facts and evidence (if you've any).

If you want to get rid of him by any means, then set him up with a gorgeous chic. I did it once to get rid of someone my sister wanted to date whom I wasn't comfortable with. I paid a gorgeous chic to entice him and she succeeded. I showed my sister all his sms and whatsapp messages he sent the chic, which included appointments.

My sister still thanks me today for doing that, because she later heard about terrible things he did to other women.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
Will stripping her of all benefits stop her from dating the guy? You should try and meet the guy and become his friend, that way you exert psychological pressure on him.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by jayode(m): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
Introduce me to her lemme talk some sense into her angry angry
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by kandiikane(m): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
Marcan:

Why will a girl own a car at school in the first place ?

wtf?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chepy1:
Hello guys

It must be Igbinedion naw

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
From ops profile, he's a yahoo boy. Must be a new format
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Barigaboy(m): 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
D reason y u were told abt your sister habits is to advice her. As an elder sister u no d best way u can talk to her that she wud understand and make sure u don't expose d person who gave u d info cos immediately u buzz d mata m sure have a suspect who wud have told u meaning she wud block u from getting any oda info. U need to talk to her building up your passt experience with guys even wen d story does not exist. Try to appreciate her friend n encourage her to always update u not because u want to be watching her life but to guide her at dis early stage.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Jalinco: 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
@ OP please, tell her to date me
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Exlusive(m): 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
Its a nice thing you are doing for her trying to help her mature and receive brain simutaneous... Don't let her goad you into feeling that you are putting her through unnecessary hell...she needs this treatment ...as for advice @ onegai has said it all....just wanted to lend my voice...peace out
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Annalise(f): 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
Marcan:

18th century tins. Why not?
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Max24: 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
Just cut down on her allowances and her head will be correct. Necessity is the mother of invention. Some people start to think when broke.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Poorboy:
Hahahahahaha Boss don't worry who she spends her money with, your concern should be that she is happy and fine... Check the guy's background and personality if the guy is ok don't bother.

Good one bro. Your advice reminds me of the story of Kanu Nwankwo's former girlfriend turned wife. Life is funny atimes.

If the guy is good and his relationship with her is of no negative effect. I think he should not borther
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by teebillz: 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chepy1:

Baba, I know my sis, she doesn't always make good decisions.....But I'll find out about the guy sha

My fear is that your lil sis. might have fallen into the hands of a badoo. If that is the case, then as an ex-badoo, I am afraid to tell you that there is little you can do. There are crazy things bad boys do to good and naive girls that make them turn deaf ears to wise counsel from family and people who mean well.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by jojosweet(f): 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
Marcan:

sexist much yea?
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by danthamccoy(m): 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
I think this is a wrong place to ask a question like this. Majority of the people here are struggling daily and the idea that a 22 year old girl cruises her own car in school pains them in the gut. Some of the answers are simply laughable.
I think you should sit her down and try talking sense into her. Seizing the car for a while isn't the worst idea since you bought it but ultimately you should give it back to her. She's an adult now and sometimes adults have to make their own mistakes, suffer the consequences and learn from them.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Kirinwa: 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chepy1:

Yea...Its the first time tho, but the fear I have is that she could continue spending on the guy she's dating and keep demanding for money every now and then.

Bros in my humble opinion I will say don't repair that car and ensure that you pay her school fees directly you self and try to know how much is enough for a student to live moderately in her school. If its #100 000 for instance, pay #120 000 to her account and let her know its for the session that way she will learn to manage.

Seems you pamper her a lot, you need to talk to her.

NB: Even if she promises to be of good behaviour , repairing that car will make her go back to her usual reckless life. So don't repair, hopefully the boy will leave her since hes a leach and your sister will learn.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by naikom72(m): 11:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
Lovelynature:
She's matured and miles away from your family, hence you can hardly stop her from dating. Just advise her to be careful the kind of guys she dates and all that...
Lovelynature:
She's matured and miles away from your family, hence you can hardly stop her from dating. Just advise her to be careful the kind of guys she dates and all that...
Lovelynature:
she can what she wish She is not under supervision
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by danxzy: 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
My dear
There is nothing you can do about it
You can't stop her from dating (NEVER)
I will only suggest you should advice her that's all
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by jojosweet(f): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
Yikpata1:
Your worry is not a bad one. You shouldn't have got her a car at that age especially when she is away from family. Thank God the accident wasn't fatal regardless who was involved. Many promising youth has lost their lives in schools lately driving.

Please help her stay safe and focused!
u are a beautiful heart. Your angle made me smile God bless your heart.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Kirinwa: 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
davtosh:

Good one bro. Your advice reminds me of the story of Kanu Nwankwo's former girlfriend turned wife. Life is funny atimes.

If the guy is good and his relationship with her is of no negative effect. I think he should not borther

Was she spending money on Kanu Nwankwo and did KANU Nwankwo bash her car I.e if she had any. You know nothing of Amarachi and Kanu's love life so keep Kwayet.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chepy1:

Yea...Its the first time tho, but the fear I have is that she could continue spending on the guy she's dating and keep demanding for money every now and then.

Be like the guy na cultist lipsrsealed
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by FatPreek(m): 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
angry angry
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by iykenathan162(m): 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
Onegai:

Take the car away from her temporarily, under the pretext of fixing it. Sit her down and gist with her: share some of your romantic escapades, bring up some of your friends and tell her about some you read on NL. Infact, let me give you 2 stories that come to mind:

A girl had a thread where she was dating some guy who used to live off her financially. It got so bad that the loser even asked her to give him the N50k her dad have her to buy a laptop for school, so he could further his (non-existent) music career. He kept trying to make her feel guilty (she added screengrabs of their convo).

Someone mentioned how a girl was dating a guy and he took her car and drove it around whilst she took public transport. He refused to return it after they broke up and he had an accident and destroyed the car. He sent her back the wreck and moved on to the next available mugu.

Work those stories casually into your conversation. Tell her that unfortunately there are digusting people who prey on men and women for financial comfort. Tell her that when any situation looks bad, people involved are not honest with themselves and see themselves as the exceptions, rather than the rules. Remind her gently that an honest man may need her support from time to time but he will never make her uncomfortable so he can sit down in comfort. That you are her brother and a man and you got her a car to make her comfy. Gently mention that an honest man will have no qualms introducing himself to her brother as her bobo.

Leave the conversation at that and listen to what she says. Keep the car for 3 months and cut down her allowance (tell her things are tight). That should get rid of anybody scrounging off her.

You may think it is a long method but i have come to appreciate the fact that we humans don't always like the truth giving to us bluntly and head-on. We will scream and fight to defend our point of view. But a careful and gentle nudge in the right direction will work wonders much better.

I learnt a lot from u bro keep it up
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by berryice(f): 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
Just advice her as an elder bro
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by hajjiahmed90(m): 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
woop! 22 kini drive a car on campus....She's lucky nd dsame time spoilt....

I cnt even ask my own dad for a phone or handout cash..and he' s financially ok...

seat her down let her know d right and wrong and I tfink she shld know hw money is difficult tp get......
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
Kirinwa:

Was she spending money on Kanu Nwankwo and did KANU Nwankwo bash her car I.e if she had any. You know nothing of Amarachi and Kanu's love life so keep Kwayet.

I guess I didn't say anything that insulted Kanu or Amarachi. I only made a comment based on the information I heard. I think someone said she bought his first soccer boot for him. That is being helpful financially to a brother in need.
Well I'm sorry I didnt kno Kanu has a brother on Nairaland.
Im keeping kwayet for a mad dog. Iyekan Fayose. lol grin
Kirinwa:

I guess I didn't say anything that insulted Kanu or Amarachi. I only made a comment based on the information I heard. I think someone said she bought his first soccer boot for him. That is being helpful financially to a brother in need.
Well I'm sorry I didnt kno Kanu has a brother on Nairaland.
Im keeping kwayet for a mad dog. Iyekan Fayose. lol
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Kirinwa: 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chepy1:

For her school runs because she lives off school campus

Is it all the students that live off campus that own a car in her school?
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by iykenathan162(m): 11:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chepy1:
Great idea, I'll do just that....Thanks once again dear
dat is y I love NL, I personally learnt a lot from yr advice tanx everybody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Spiritual Power Of Sea Salt / Adorable Photos Of A Nigerian Father Blow Drying His Daughter’s Hair / Woman Snatches Man From Wife, Dumps Him After 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.