Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis (42401 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Father Caught Daughter With Her Boyfriend In Ebonyi Having Sex (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by deouf25(m): 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
take the car away, and the guy will will go away,if the situation is true.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
Kirinwa:

Was she spending money on Kanu Nwankwo and did KANU Nwankwo bash her car I.e if she had any. You know nothing of Amarachi and Kanu's love life so keep Kwayet.

You action and reaction deserve a poster so enjoy grin

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by holysaint1(m): 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chepy1:

For her school runs because she lives off school campus

My sista which kind runs.. ? The money to fuel d car and some other repairs needed by the car Neva reach to pay t fare to and fro her school.. Well make I no too mch before dem tag me as "poor mentality"

Last bullet: just advice her "thoroughly". Hoping she would change for the better.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 06, 2016
Chepy1:
Hello guys
I have a sis who is about 22 years old, schools in a private university. She lives alone off her school campus but a friend of hers stays with her, she own a car which is less than six months that she uses .....
I don't mean to be rude... but it's obvious you spoiled your sister... like TYLER PERRY (Medea) said.."the worse thing one can do to a child is to give them whatever they want"..
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by moshino(m): 12:09am On Aug 06, 2016
Chepy1:

Me bro

Then you are the problem. She does not need to have a car in school to accomplish what she went there to do in the first place. Exposing her to this level of unrealistic extravagance is counter productive, and will ruin her in all sorts of ways. The only time a person should own a car is when they can afford to buy one themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by iukpe: 12:10am On Aug 06, 2016
Poorboy:
Who bought the car for her?

Secondly, ...who is the source for her money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Slimberry1(f): 12:12am On Aug 06, 2016
Hmm...well ma'am this is a very delicate issue and has to be addressed as such, the step of taking the car from her might be a right one..but not good as it cannot solve the problem. As long as she cannot see practical reasons she should not be that guy, no matter what you do to her she will not leave him,even freeze her account,strip her of all comforts am telling you she will still stick to him,if dey get seperated for a short period of time she will still always go back because she cannot see and would not be interested in seeing practical reasons why he is bad n shld be left....
Sit her down and have heart to heart talk with her just ask her questions about the guy n d relationship there u can pick some things...and if there's a way you can let her see the guy is a gold digger,I mean trap the guy and bring His faults before her early enough,let her cry now ... If she hasn't experienced it,she will never understand all you are telling her.
Its only when she can reason from the experience, then she will conveniently drop unnecessary luxuries attached to herself.. You won't need to seize her car or freeze her allowance then..she wld be decide rightly where n how to use the car amd her money
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by rolly44: 12:21am On Aug 06, 2016
Caution her before she distroy herself, cos at this stage she thinks life is a bed of roses.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by 3RNEST(m): 12:47am On Aug 06, 2016
Technically.. You put her in this mess... Why didn't you buy her kekenape instead of car... Or better still ladies bike... If possible hover... Anyway too much money necessary... Keep it up @Op..

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by RichYoungNigga: 1:16am On Aug 06, 2016
Marcan:

Why will a girl own a car at school in the first place ?
You have Nigerian mentality.
Everyone in my school all drives Porsche, Range Rover and Bentley.
And those kids are not even up to 18 years old.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by 3RNEST(m): 1:25am On Aug 06, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
You have Nigerian mentality. Everyone in my school all drives Porsche, Range Rover and Bentley. And those kids are not even up to 18 years old.
True talk

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Originalsly: 1:29am On Aug 06, 2016
Chepy1:

Yea...Its the first time tho, but the fear I have is that she could continue spending on the guy she's dating and keep demanding for money every now and then.
Are you sure the guy is dating her?.... extorting her?...or pimping her? Money talks....cut the cash flow for two months.... she'll find out who be leeches and who be friends.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Kiddominant(m): 3:48am On Aug 06, 2016
You don spoil ur sister come here dey disturb person, Unfortunately, that's how all this over pampered kids behave, Just Bleep the shit out of her kitty cat and she go dey mumu for u, The guy is in charge of her mumu button and there is nothing u can do to stop it because she has been overpampered, but how they take gossip to u that it was the guy that baffles me.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Kiddominant(m): 3:56am On Aug 06, 2016
You dey buy car for am, Say she go be future Michelle Obama or what wey no suppose stress herself... mtchew, Obama pikin neva get bicycle na im una don spoil una sis with car, KONTINU.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by 1kinggy(m): 3:57am On Aug 06, 2016
Just talk to her about her about school and guys, particularly campus relationships.
On the car, make she find a comfortable place on campus or close to the school where she doesn't need a car or get her a Nissan Micra or any 2 doors car... no unnecessary passenger and low maintenance even if it crashes.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by eyinjuege: 4:06am On Aug 06, 2016
davtosh:

lol

I doubt it very much its Kanu you're referring to. He got married to her when she was just 18years old, and by then he was already a household name in Nigeria and internationally.
Meaning she must have been like 10years old or less when KANU started playing football. So she couldn't have bought him boots or anything.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by emmabest2000(m): 4:44am On Aug 06, 2016
Chepy1:

Great idea, I'll do just that....Thanks once again dear
Pele ..

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Fidelismaria: 4:53am On Aug 06, 2016
Collect d car
Strip her of all benefits
Nd send her bck to sch hostel
Se na dis bubuhari economy person go dey crash car
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 06, 2016
Chepy1:
Hello guys
I have a sis who is about 22 years old, schools in a private university. She lives alone off her school campus but a friend of hers stays with her, she own a car which is less than six months that she uses for school runs and other social activity. She called me a couple of minutes ago saying she had mistakenly crashed the car against the fence of her building and she needed me to get it repaired. But the truth about it according to what a friend of mine who studies in her in school told me was that she is seeing a particular guy, who she recklessly spends on, and it was he who damaged the car and not my sis..... I plan on paying her a visit tomorrow at school.... The question here is should I strip her completely of all the benefits she enjoys or talk to her about the guy who she is allegedly dating

Are you not the one... sad sad

Chepy1:

Hello people, am new here and need some advice.
I have this girl I have being for almost a year, she knows am from a well to do family and even knows my mum too. But now she is beginning to notice that am spending too much and now living an extravagant life and she's now asking questions. Truth be told, I turned into a full time (Ghana burger) four months, and its paying me in hard currency. I bought her a car on her birthday but she rejected asking me how I got money to buy her a car, since it was less than a month I bought one for myself and so I decided to give the car to her sister, thinking maybe she would get jealous and come to her senses. But that never happened and the questioning has being going on since then and now she says if I can't let her know what am doing for a living she can't date me anymore.... Should I let her know the truth or just let her go. Truth be told also I really love her.

All your scheming...

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by femi4: 5:08am On Aug 06, 2016
Onegai:

Take the car away from her temporarily, under the pretext of fixing it. Sit her down and gist with her: share some of your romantic escapades, bring up some of your friends and tell her about some you read on NL. Infact, let me give you 2 stories that come to mind:

A girl had a thread where she was dating some guy who used to live off her financially. It got so bad that the loser even asked her to give him the N50k her dad have her to buy a laptop for school, so he could further his (non-existent) music career. He kept trying to make her feel guilty (she added screengrabs of their convo).

Someone mentioned how a girl was dating a guy and he took her car and drove it around whilst she took public transport. He refused to return it after they broke up and he had an accident and destroyed the car. He sent her back the wreck and moved on to the next available mugu.

Work those stories casually into your conversation. Tell her that unfortunately there are digusting people who prey on men and women for financial comfort. Tell her that when any situation looks bad, people involved are not honest with themselves and see themselves as the exceptions, rather than the rules. Remind her gently that an honest man may need her support from time to time but he will never make her uncomfortable so he can sit down in comfort. That you are her brother and a man and you got her a car to make her comfy. Gently mention that an honest man will have no qualms introducing himself to her brother as her bobo.

Leave the conversation at that and listen to what she says. Keep the car for 3 months and cut down her allowance (tell her things are tight). That should get rid of anybody scrounging off her.

You may think it is a long method but i have come to appreciate the fact that we humans don't always like the truth giving to us bluntly and head-on. We will scream and fight to defend our point of view. But a careful and gentle nudge in the right direction will work wonders much better.
10/10
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Bisiloveyou009(f): 5:26am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 06, 2016
Dating that involve girl spending na scam
Any guy that collect from gf na 419
Let her understand she is been scam of sex and money

Lobatan

Immediately she will tell you to go back home thats only if the guy don format her brain with big lies
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by ChynoBEATS: 5:28am On Aug 06, 2016
Chepy1:
Hello guys
I have a sis who is about 22 years old, schools in a private university. She lives alone off her school campus but a friend of hers stays with her, she own a car which is less than six months that she uses for school runs and other social activity. She called me a couple of minutes ago saying she had mistakenly crashed the car against the fence of her building and she needed me to get it repaired. But the truth about it according to what a friend of mine who studies in her in school told me was that she is seeing a particular guy, who she recklessly spends on, and it was he who damaged the car and not my sis..... I plan on paying her a visit tomorrow at school.... The question here is should I strip her completely of all the benefits she enjoys or talk to her about the guy who she is allegedly dating

A lady who can't control her spending aint worth helping.....

She deserves some punishment.... Leave the car like that n give her on some kinda probation on somethings .... Don't let her go wayward... U can help control.... AfterAll she looks up 2u..... N dat I'd!ot boify of her's .... He should be fully ashamed of himself...
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by hylyne(m): 5:28am On Aug 06, 2016
I feel she too comfortable as a student. She might be attracting wrong company to herself. Which definitely would affect her studies.

Bro, whatever u need to do to make her focus on her studies, please do that. Also remind her of your family values, which must not deviate from.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by olive282(f): 5:32am On Aug 06, 2016
FortuneTeller:

Are you not the one... sad sad

All your scheming...

Is dis really necessary? undecided.....cz i dnt tink it is

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by fexyrich(m): 5:35am On Aug 06, 2016
Trina0936:
Seems men are fast becoming better gold diggers than women!
Shameless hypocrites undecided
If you quote me,that means you are a certified hypocrite and man LovePeddler tongue
so because of this single story it means men are now gold diggers abi??see ur life ?? na una ladies dey dig for gold pass and u know it..How many ladies even get gold to dig??most times whatever a lady has was given to her by a man.Except for few hardworking ladies..so whatever the gold digger guy is digging also came frm a guy..so leave that matter abeg..

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by ayooladee(f): 5:48am On Aug 06, 2016
Lovelynature:
She's matured and miles away from your family, hence you can hardly stop her from dating. Just advise her to be careful the kind of guys she dates and all that...
nice
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by ayooladee(f): 5:49am On Aug 06, 2016
Nyceguy92:
Driving a car on campus in Nigeria is always seen as a sign of affluence and it has a way of attracting undue attention to the point of distraction.
It appears your sister's boyfriend is on the reckless side because when you drive someone else's car as a student, you exercise great care.

"Spending recklessly" is a subjective opinion. It needs to be quantified.
Does she buy her boyfriend items beyond the reach of the average student's purse?

Talk to her about the company she keeps, male or female.
You may repair her car on a proviso of your choosing - mostly to be of good behavior, etc.

Alternatively, why doesn't she live in the campus with other students?
That way, she will be able to focus more on her studies.

My opinion sha.
100 likes
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by worriedgirl: 5:52am On Aug 06, 2016
Onegai:

Take the car away from her temporarily, under the pretext of fixing it. Sit her down and gist with her: share some of your romantic escapades, bring up some of your friends and tell her about some you read on NL. Infact, let me give you 2 stories that come to mind:

A girl had a thread where she was dating some guy who used to live off her financially. It got so bad that the loser even asked her to give him the N50k her dad have her to buy a laptop for school, so he could further his (non-existent) music career. He kept trying to make her feel guilty (she added screengrabs of their convo).

Someone mentioned how a girl was dating a guy and he took her car and drove it around whilst she took public transport. He refused to return it after they broke up and he had an accident and destroyed the car. He sent her back the wreck and moved on to the next available mugu.

Work those stories casually into your conversation. Tell her that unfortunately there are digusting people who prey on men and women for financial comfort. Tell her that when any situation looks bad, people involved are not honest with themselves and see themselves as the exceptions, rather than the rules. Remind her gently that an honest man may need her support from time to time but he will never make her uncomfortable so he can sit down in comfort. That you are her brother and a man and you got her a car to make her comfy. Gently mention that an honest man will have no qualms introducing himself to her brother as her bobo.

Leave the conversation at that and listen to what she says. Keep the car for 3 months and cut down her allowance (tell her things are tight). That should get rid of anybody scrounging off her.

You may think it is a long method but i have come to appreciate the fact that we humans don't always like the truth giving to us bluntly and head-on. We will scream and fight to defend our point of view. But a careful and gentle nudge in the right direction will work wonders much better.
chepy1 I agree with this... cut down her stipends in the guise of things are hard, every leech surrounding her will definitely leave... meanwhile, is your dog a chihuahua breed? My Samoyed breed used to be really cute until they grew up and became so wild and scary,i had to get rid of them, I'm considering going for a chihuahua since they always remain small and cute
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by freenature: 5:59am On Aug 06, 2016
Chepy1:
Hello guys

If you love her, strip her of the car and reduce her allowances, but the allowances should be enough for basic needs and no frivolous spending. She needs to experience what living like a student is not someone making money cos as of now she makes non and thats one of the reason the bo y is clingy to her cos she's got the money. Do not send her money anyhow .. If need be take care of matters yourself and visit her as often as possible but without telling her, that way some real truth will be revealed to you.
Re: My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis by baby124: 6:19am On Aug 06, 2016
Go and see her unannounced and you will realise that scrub is living with her. Send her back to the hostel and take the car away. Tell her you can't afford to spend on that car anymore in this economy and you can only afford hostel fees and see that boy dump her. Which will be for her own good. That guy is going to distract her from her studies and if you don't step in now, she will regret it. She won't listen to any advice you give her about this boy except if he dumps her. The fastest way he will dump her is when she lacks all the comforts he is enjoying right now. Don't even tell her that anyone told you anything. Just act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Spiritual Power Of Sea Salt / Adorable Photos Of A Nigerian Father Blow Drying His Daughter’s Hair / Woman Snatches Man From Wife, Dumps Him After 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.